2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
So, I had an idea that I wanted to try. There will be many scenes in the game, and in the real world. As well, I have had bad experience with players just disappearing soon after the RP starts. If you show interest, please try and stick with it Anyway, here goes:

The game is known as 'Fields of Aiso', and is the newest game to grip the minds of young adults (and of course, adults) everywhere. It is based in a science-fantasy world, with each player under control of a personal avatar. Each avatar also has a companion spirit known as a 'champion', who fights for their player's avatar. Each champion has its own personality, skills and body - though all are fiercely loyal to, and protective of, their avatar. In their pure form, the champion is a ghostly apparition of itself, and only shows their true form when equipped with chips that the Avatar carries on them. The chips are held in a specialized, and then equipped onto a hand-held pad known as a deck. Armor, weapons (including swords, pistols, Aether cannons, gauntlets, and others), as well as other gear is equipped onto this deck, appearing on the newly-materialized form of the champion. Chips wear over use, so an avatar is encouraged to have backups to use while others recharge. Chips are found as loot from combat, in chests, from gathering and from crafting. Champions power up over time. Using weapons, armor and some gear increases combat skills, while gathering items and materials increases their gathering skills. Other skills increase in similar ways.

Of course, this is not the only appeal of the game. The player's case and deck are linked to physical items as well, with a basic set coming with the game. It comes with ten chips which can download the data from any chip that is in the case, which syncs between game and IRL. The reason for this is that champions can be manifested into the real world thanks to portable projectors that also come with the game. There, two players can dual their champions for fun, or for ante. This is as popular as other games used to be on schoolyards, and during any breaktime in many places, a number of duels - sometimes even a tournament - take place.

However, when the RP starts, the player characters will find something different. Their champions are now in the real world, all the time. Invisible to most (everyone but those with their own champion spirits following them) when unequipped, they act much as they do in the game, but can now comment and help with real life issues as well. This unique feature will bring the players together, in Real life and in the game. But this is just the start - eventually monsters and factions from the game will begin to manifest in the real world, and it will be up to the players to fulfill the cliché and save the world (eventually, there will be build up).
Appearance
Battleblade.png
Type

• Weapon
  • Sword
  • Two-Handed
  • Non-magical
  • Mighty
Stats

• +10 Attack Damage
  • +2 Defense
  • -8 Attack Speed
Description

A blade forged exclusively for use in battle. Despite its appearance, it is very well-balanced for use in two hands. It has a cutting blade on both ends, with a blunted tip that is little use for thrusting attacks though can still crush a windpipe if it hits hard enough.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, I'll probably join. One question though, about the champions. It basically says they're all unique, but do they have any consistent pattern? Like do they come in all shapes and sizes, or are they humanoid, or monster-esque, or what?

Looks interesting, I'll probably join. One question though, about the champions. It basically says they're all unique, but do they have any consistent pattern? Like do they come in all shapes and sizes, or are they humanoid, or monster-esque, or what?
There is a consistent pattern, yes. Champions are by and large humanoid. Not necessarily only human, there can be wolf-people, the robot-like warforged, some kind of fey, etc. But they genrally always have the two arms, two legs, etc of the humanoid shape.

Reactions: Takashi
Hm...first, Hi Mythy! Second, I like that there's a lot of variety, but if our RL adventure is based on a game world, then there should be SOME limit on the races playable, since no game is infinite. I guess humanoid is a good limit.

I'm up for it.

Hmm.. so three people.. that may be enough, especially if I play a character. Anyone have a preference on if I do or not?

Yes please.