Mission: Z, IC

Beatrice Kolkowsky | Mechanic's Shop
| Early Morning

9f97ea159d101960669a07c2ca65da8b.jpg

Interactions: Winslow & Cecilio

Bea perked up upon hearing Cecilio call out to her. Crap, was it her turn already? That was quick! Which could be a good sign, actually; if Winslow's check up was that brief, then it was safe to assume that hers would last just as long, maybe even shorter. Cradling that little nugget of hope close to her chest, she approached the two males with her precious Uke in tow.

Hey, she wasn't gonna put him down, even if the world was ending!

...Well, technically the world kinda was ending. And being raided by zombies--you get the point! Uke isn't going anywhere, tyrannical music haters!

"Ready Freddy!" Bea chimed while clumsily saluting Cecilio. She then scratched the back of her head, a sheepish grin pulling at her features. "So, uh...a quick request? Or, maybe two, depending on how you look at it and all that jazz. Can, like, my PIC Win here," she bumped shoulders with her friend, "and Uke keep my company for this? I know this is gonna blow your mind to bits but I'm not the most confident and calm smooth chic around and the thought of check-ups and other doctor appointment stuff sorta kinda maybe freaks me out dude, like, whoa, it isn't even funny, in fact you oughtta see how bad it gets when I get so nervous over something like...like, frick, I don't know, wondering too long why in heck the sun has to be yellow when technically it's not and why online pizza delivery still makes your interact with people cuz like, doesn't that defeat the purpose or what?!"

Bea had to catch her breath. Her huffs were borderline wheezes, yet she managed to flash a cheesy thumbs up at the tall Russo-Italian. "Off to a great start, right? I can feel it in my bones dude. Yep. Picture perfect health. Ahaha, haha! Ha..." Her head fell sideways to Winslow's shoulder. "Win, don't lie to me. On a scale of 1 to 10, how unbearable was that? One for meh and ten for omg Bea, you've got problems home skillet."

Her face was on fire.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife

1x - Water Canteen (half full)
3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags
1x - Change of Clothes (Black long-sleeved shirt and black pants)
Internal
(Undiagnosed) Depersonalization Disorder
Secrets boi (I'm not telling!)
PIC with Winslow

Non-serious crush on Evangeline

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KatSea
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Otto, Riley

"Yeah, I suppose stumbling across a carvery would be wishful thinking..." Evie responded, somewhat quieter than usual. Her belly growled as the thought crossed her mind. It was true, meat would be fantastic... fresh meat. "Gravy... veg... bit of stuffing..." she mumbled to herself, somewhat off in a food-centred fantasy land. With a blink and small shake of the head, she focused again. "BBQ would be nice right about now."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
[MEDIA=imgur]0NZanrF[/MEDIA]
[/spoili][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon4.jpg
Interaction: Evie and Riley
-

He gave a small chuckle at Evie's mention of barbecue. "You know, I'm pretty sure the ingredients to barbecue sauce would still be edible and intact even now two years after the fact. Maybe if we get a nice hog or deer we could head into the nearby buildings and see if any of said ingredients are around." He spoke as he looked over the area one last time and spotted what he was looking for, a cloven print in the mud. "Here you two look." Otto said to the women as he pointed to the track. "See that track there in the mud, it's a deer hoof and rather fresh and it's more rounded and curved inwards telling me that this was a older doe. A buck's print would be more pointed outwards and the younger a deer the sharper looking the print looks if that makes sense." He again paused as looked forward from the print a bit and saw another only two feet or so away. "And you two see right here,how close this second print is to the first? Means the deer hasn't been spooked and is just walking, if the tracks are spaced out really far then that normally means the deer is running and has probably been spooked by something." He stepped to the side of one of the tracks and pressed his boot down as if he was taking a step, when he pulled back his fresh boot print if looked only a little newer then the deer's track. "You can tell how fresh it is by comparing it to your own track, see?" He pointed down to the prints. "We ain't to far behind, if we follow we should be able to get something out of this trip, let's go ahead and move." He spoke before he started to follow the tracks in the direction they went.
----​
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
7x 7 round 1911 magazines
5x 30 round STANAG mags (26 rounds depleted in total)
1x tanto style combat knife
Several feet of para-cord
On Chest Rig:
6x 30 round STANAG magazines
In first pack: 3x flint and steel

Last edited:
Jackson Mississippi | 2 October 2026 - Morning

WEATHER: cloudy, heavy rain & wind, mild flooding, about 63°F (17°C)

"I've been sharing my rations with Hero," Dex replied almost dismissively, twisting his face into a thoughtful expression as he digested the entirety of Carter's spiel. The more and more he explained, the more uneasy Dexter became. He knew it was common for people to be cautious... maybe even offhandedly hostile... while still being good people, but it bothered him that he hadn't been there to gather that opinion himself before allowing perfect strangers to waltz off with three of their own.

But the thing that worried him the most was the aftermath that was sure to come from all this. Because even good people had their limits in this world now, and all favors came with a cost. If they made it to Nashville, what was going to be the price for, quite literally, a life?

As Carter finished, Dex nodded. "I do - why do you ask?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
-------------------------
Wearing
jeans, black t-shirt, black boots

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [left hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [right hip]
DD M4 Carbine V5 (6/32) [across back]
Wes's Colt [left leg]

In Bag
.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

• Love
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Riley | Jackson Mississippi | 2 October 2026 - Morning

WEATHER: cloudy, heavy rain & wind, mild flooding, about 63°F (17°C)

Riley kept quiet as her two companions conversed, hands stuffed in her pockets and eyes wandering disinterestedly along the horizon. She sort of knew how to hunt and track. Conner had taught her and Wes the basics while they were traveling, even though they rarely hunted anything... with as small a party as they were it was easier just to subsist on canned and prepackaged food. But there was one thing that Wes had imprinted into her mind: don't eat mammalian carnivores. He had been studying the disease - no, the parasite - since damn near the beginning. And throughout it all, Riley had been the one he bounced his research off of. Usually she went along with it begrudgingly, but she was grateful for it, now that Wes was... gone.

She lagged back a step or two, letting the burning in her eyes and the tightening of her throat subside before she sniffed once, disguising the action with a faux-bored sigh. "I would scratch raccoons, at least, off that list," she said. "Maybe opossums also. Animals can be Infected, too - I haven't seen it personally. It's rare. But mammals, things that eat the meat of other things, are the most susceptible to turning."

INVENTORY (RILEY)
-------------------------
Wearing

khaki hunting pants, black t-shirt, black socks, hiking boots

On Person
Beretta Cx4 Storm [15/15] (shoulder strap)
Beretta Model 92 [17/17] (given to Dex)
Machete w/Sheath (left hip)

Backpack
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture
9mm Rounds x46
Journal & 2 Black Pens
Bottle of Draino [3/4 full]
Aluminum Foil Roll [1/3 full]
5 Pens, Assorted Colors
Package of 12 Large Rubberbands

Food & Water
Skittles [1]
Kitkat [2]
Can Ravioli [2]
16oz Water Bottle [2 full]
[/fieldbox]​

i accidentaly fucked this post up oops​

Attachments

• Dean 300x300.jpg
    Dean 300x300.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Winslow, Bea

"Blin Rybka..." Cecilio murmured as he was a bit surprised at how much the teen could speak at length about various things. "Well I suppose that covers a good bit. Just same question as Win to you. Your age and any allergies to food, animals or meds?" He asked before adding to it, "Or just anything you feel I should know healthwise?" He couldn't help but feel slightly bad for both of them knowing this wasn't fair that they had to grow up in this world. They should be worrying about their friends, school, dates, social interactions rather than if they were going to live another day and if a stranger was going to murder them or worse. He made note to keep an eye on them both though he couldn't do much more than that for the moment. "Tell you what Rybka. I'll play a few songs with and for you after this. As for you Winslow do you know how to play guitar?" He asked the young man rather curious.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded)
12x 12G buckshot
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336
3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

C.Bohannon4.jpg
Otto Williams
Interaction: Riley
---

He looked up at Riley as she spoke about. "Damn, that cuts out a large chunk of possible game animals we could harvest though...with the two years it's been since there was any human involvement we should see plentiful amounts of both deer, squirrels and the like." He spoke quietly as he also gave thought to what Riley had said. "Thanks for the information, unfortunately that makes wild hogs and boar a no go for us since they consume meat, damn." The feeling of disappointment rolled over him like a cool wind as he gave a sigh and pushed it down before focusing back down at the tracks and moving along beside them with Riley and Evie behind.
----
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

Last edited:
Carter Yamanashi | Outside/Mississippi | Early Morning

3981d99ef3fb6af0c2b311db1d1ae976.jpg

Interactions: Dex

Carter nodded. Good. He main objective was to keep himself alive long enough to find Maya, but he could admit that priorities after that may or may not dabble in ensuring Hero's survival. What could he say? That big furry sweetheart grew on him. "Good to hear. Can't have Hero honty starving on us. That ball of furry sweetness is the only damn thing keeping me from pimp slapping a hoe these days," he chuckled. Was that just a joke?

Partially.

However, he perked up a bit when Dex confirmed that he indeed knew what Microexpressions were. Thank the Lawd; he almost feared having to explain what they were to his Mount Cinnabon. "Just thought I'd give you a heads up about Buck Biatch and any other suspicious helicopter drivers we meet on the way." He slicked his wet hair back, grumbling in displeasure. For fuck's sake! He sure hoped they could stop to find hair gel somewhere. "She showed all the traditional ticks for tenseness. Hell, caught a drop or two of pissed in the mix, which could come from anything. Zombie run in. Dealing with busted up Lover Boy and all of them. This punk ass rain!"

Carter glared at the sky.

"Point is, she got some drama dragging her ass by the heels, but it didn't seem malicious. She got some tea to spill, just don't think she plans on spilling it anytime soon. So whatever she's got cooped up, that's occupying all her attention, so she wouldn't have time to worry about lying to us about Tennessee." A pause. "Hypothetical shit, honty. All hypothetical." He couldn't help but grow annoyed by the trudging on, wondering if they were ever going to come across anything useful. So far, that didn't seem to be a fate to strike them soon and the thought of it made his eyes roll.

He was too cute for this bullshit.

"Anything else you need to ask, honty? And before you even say it--yes. I can multitask. You know I'm here to please~."

Inventory
On person
P226 Sig Sauer (7/10 loaded)
AR-15 (21x 5.56 rounds, 1 mags)
Sylvie's Machete
1x Jug of Benzene Oil
Handful of Industrial Wipes
Strip of dirty cloth/fabric
Industrial Flashlight
1x Change of clothes (black long-sleeved shirt, black pants)

Personality/Internal-wise
Fabulousness
Bittersweet memories
Undeniable (yet still denied) fondness for Evie & Hero
Beef with Dean
No time for this fainting foolishness
Walter's ghost plaguing his mind

814rDc8DLrL._UX562_.jpg

LONMMY-Military-pants-mens-Fashion-Cotton-Cargo-side-zipper-pants-mens-Army-green-Casual-trousers-Multi.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Beatrice Kolkowsky | Mechanic's Shop
| Early Morning

9f97ea159d101960669a07c2ca65da8b.jpg

Interactions: Winslow & Cecilio

Bea stealthily (not) heaved a sigh of relief as Cecilio seemed to let her painful awkwardness roll off his shoulders like water. Damn--she needed to practice and learn how to be smooth like that. One day, dangit. One day...Yeah right. A total pipe dream. She would always be uncomfortably dorky Bea. Nothing else.

She prayed nothing else.

"Oh! Yeah, uh," she fell silent a moment, her eyes straying left as the cogs in her head slowed ever so slightly. Ah, crap. She hated when that happened. The effects anxiety had on her speech came in the form of two extremes; she was either reduced to a babbling doom machine or a blank-space-for-a-brain-having vegetable. A stock of broccoli, specifically. Cuz broccoli could be great if steamed right and with just enough cheese. Her puns were cheesy as all Hell, plus she liked to lie to herself every now and then in saying that she was smokin' hot.

Totally.

...Like a sunburn. Or a puppy turd. Close enough.

Either way, her memory kicked back into gear and the answer popped out of her mouth like a Jack in the Box. "18! Dang, that's right! Boy, where do the times go? Am I right? Hah! Hahah...ahem. Allergies. Right." She wiped the sweat from her brow while clenching Uke in her other hand, still standing close to Win. She's got this. Everything's cool. Just peachy. "Err, let's see...there's Amoxicillin, Pepto Bismol, hostility and bullying--" Cue shade lowkey thrown in the direction of Miss Red Satan. "Tuna...but yeah, that's about it for allergies." However, when Cecilio asked about any other health concerns, she momentarily stiffened, eyes widening.

"Uh...No, not really. I'm pretty good." She raised a corny thumbs up. "So, we're done now? Cool? Awesome. And shush yeah, man. We can totally play something together!" A grin pulled at her lips. It'd be nice to have a music trio; first Win and now Cecilio. Next thing she knew, those twin heavenly creatures (the dogs) were trained to play the flute.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife

3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags
1x - Change of Clothes (Black long-sleeved shirt and black pants)
Internal
PIC with Winslow

Non-serious crush on Evangeline

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

• Haha
Evangeline Moore

Evangeline's form slumped tiredly. She desperately did not wish to fall back into his charm and care, knowing that her rage still lingered in her chest. She supposed it wasn't his fault for leaving. He was caught up in the chaos, Winslow was seeing bloodstains and people who weren't really there, and Evangeline had barely slept. It was time to leave that hellhole of a home that they had, and Evangeline thought she had been abandoned. Forgotten. It didn't matter that he was in trouble. Either he was dead, or he was off surviving on his own. She sighed lowly. "I am sorry for my behavior, Dean. I understand how difficult it was for you out there, and I shouldn't have left. Times were difficult and we needed to move on, as hard as it was for me and Win. I apologize for not giving you a chance." She swallowed the bitter bile down her throat and nodded slowly.

"All I ask of you is that we have some time to speak. Just some check ins. Other than that...I think I am okay." Hmm. Unless I want to tell him about the nausea and well, uh, lateness. But that's just probably stress. Although, I could really go for a lot of chocolate right now. Weird. It feels like I'm having cravings. God...meat...mmm...I still got that jerky. Maybe if he turns away for a good five minutes I could gorge my face full of it. Or you know what. Fuck it. I'll gorge in front of whoever's watching. I deserve it.

Her thoughts almost made her smile. "Thank you for checking in on me, Dean. Um, just know that the general care sentiment goes back to you too. If you need anything, you can speak with me." She briefly nodded, her body stiff as she hesitated. She slowly reached out her hand and patted his shoulder, demeanor squishing uncertainly. "Uh, good game. I guess. Peace be with you? I don't know." She laughed lightly at herself. "I should probably go check on the kids." Not that I don't trust that gigantic man with my two kids...well, I mean, not my kids. But yes. My kids.

Inventory

Rifle

Three hospital rags

Needle and String

Unborn Child

Increasing moodiness

Bag of jerky

Granola bar(1)

• Love
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Otto, Riley

Evie audibly gulped at the mention of infected animals. As if the infected weren't terrifying enough as it was, now they had to worry about a resurrected bambi charging through the woods, screeching at a thousand decibels.

"Well, still, just tell me what to do and when to do it. I guess you guys, between you, are kind of the experts here," Evie commented, following behind Otto as he skulked along the tracks like a 2-legged sniffer dog. "I'll just be the beauty to your brains, I suppose," she added, an amused smirk on her lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
[MEDIA=imgur]0NZanrF[/MEDIA]
[/spoili][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Winslow Xavier
Interactions: Cecilio and Bea

Winslow took a quick mental note of what Bea was allergic too. Right. Okay, he could keep the medication and tuna away. As well as the hostility. Winslow would definitely make sure that wouldn't be a problem. Noting she seemed tense and remained by his side, he pressed a gentle hand to her shoulder and offered her a cheery smile. "Eighteen huh? Ah, you are too old Bea. Too old ~" He cooed teasingly, squeezing her shoulder and allowing his own to slump in relaxation. "Glad to see you are in tip top shape my queen Bea." Less complications and all that jazz. It was relieving to Winslow. They all appeared to be okay. He did not want to have to have Evangeline discuss her nausea with this man. Winslow was not worried that Evangeline was ill, or worse, but he was still concerned for her own wellbeing. She hadn't always been the top picture of health, stress constantly messing her normal bodily cycles and causing her not to eat as much.

"Hmm? Oh, no. I don't play the guitar. Nor do I play the ukulele. I used to play the piano as a child though, uh, I don't know if there are any pianos after the whole end of the world debacle. Unless they are falling from cartoon windows. The whole shabang." He smiled lightly, rubbing his jaw absentmindedly. I wonder if I do survive if I ever will play again. I hope I do. I miss the feeling of how mama used to teach me. She always had so much fun. Dad thought we were goofs but...I never saw anyone sad in that little music room. Heh. I wonder if that part of the old house is still standing. The image caused a grimace to overtake her features.

Inventory

Pistol (four bullets)

Hospital rags (two)

Small rusted scalpel

A new friend

Evangeline’s cantine (almost empty)

Granola bar(2)

• Sweet
Otto Williams
C.Bohannon4.jpg
Interaction: Evie and Riley
-

He looked back to Evie and gave a smirk before flipping the wet mop of hair on his head. "Speak for yourself Evie, I'm goddamn fabulous." He seemed almost serious for a moment before a small laugh made it's way past his lips, not loud enough to spook what they were tracking but enough to be heard by the other two there with him. He soon focused back down on the tracks as they led further down hill through a small thicket of trees but the tracks were getting fresher as they went and if Otto had to take a guess he would say that the deer was within the thicket or just beyond it, he turned back to Evie and Riley with his voice even lower now. "Alright, we're getting close now probably in these trees ahead or just outside of them, Evie right behind me and Riley in the back. We move slow and careful here, watch every step and avoid anything that can crunch or make noise. The wind is blowing towards us so we shouldn't spook the deer with our sent. Evie when we spot it I will motion you next to me and tell you what to do from there." Most of what he said had been in a very low whisper and mostly directed at Evie for the most part as he turned back forward and made very slow, careful deliberate steps into the trees making sure to avoid and fallen twigs.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:

Last edited:
Cecilio
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Winslow, Bea

Cecilio listened very carefully to Bea especially when she said Amoxicillin and Pepto Bismol which made his mind focus on what family those drugs were from. He knew Amoxicillin was a Penicillin family drug so he'd need to make sure she got alternative antibiotics if the allergy was that severe. Then came Pepto Bismol though that one was a bit trickier since he had no idea if she was allergic to the Bismuth or another component but he knew it sat along with Aspirin so she'd be taking Ibuprofen from now on. "So likely a penicillin and Aspirin allergy then..." He murmured under his breath. He got up putting his things back in his bag and grabbing his guitar before coming back over. "Well. If I can find one thats in good shape I could teach you how to play guitar." He offered Winslow knowing music would probably be a useful outlet for him. "So Rybka. What songs do you know?" He asked switching his focus to Bea.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded)
12x 12G buckshot
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336
3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

3 Months Later...

3 months passed since the group arrived at Nashville. The safe haven that Dex had been dreaming of, Nashville had everything: access to electricity, clean water, food. It's idyllic nature is only further amplified by it's freedom from worry, strife and anxiety. The walls of the city keep out all elements of the new world's nastiness, allowing residents to enjoy relative bliss. The city is defended by a well-staffed, if not slightly under-trained, militia comprising of both a fighters branch and a fixers branch. The militia are the arms of the city: venturing beyond the walls to reclaim, scavenge and safeguard the town. Supporting the militia are the eyes of the town: the rangers. Ex-military mostly, the rangers embark on long range Recon for high value loot, targets and surveillance. At the centre of the entire operation lies the brain: the council. Formed of representatives from all major divisions in the city (medical, agricultural, etc.) The council serves as the main decision making body of the city and are mediated by an elected 'Mayor' who has the final say on all things.

maybenashville.png

How the group's members have coped since integrating into this new society and how they will forge their new life here is another matter entirely, though...​

With the sun beaming down from a pastel blue sky, nary a cloud in sight, the harsh grip of winter didn't seem so bad. Birds chirped along to the tune of civilization: worktools whirring, distant people chattering and shouting... were one to close their eyes they might imagine themselves to be back to the way things used to be. In a way, they were. Nashville's towering walls, its running electricity and its abundance of resources were all things that kept the harshness of the outside out of mind - at least for now.

Timid footsteps pattered along the pavement, trepidation in every step as they worked their way up the hill. Stepping into the full power of the sun, the girl paused and held her hand to shield her eyes. "Bloody hell..." she muttered under her breath, ginger locks swaying lazily in the breeze. She pressed forward, fighting through the harsh light until she stood in the shadow of the house atop the hill.

Her pale sapphire eyes scanned the structure, looking for any indicative signs that it was indeed the place she was looking for. It seemed like an unassuming place, no markings or anything stand-outish. A new track of pattering footsteps indicated someone approaching on the path, the girl looking to face their owner.

"Excuse me," she asked, looking to the approaching, elderly woman. She gently gestured her hand towards the house, regarding it once more briefly before turning her attention fully to the silver-haired woman. "Is this the church of Eden's Light? The place with the preacher?"

"Uh-huh," the old woman grumbled back, slowing in her tracks and looking to the house in disgust. Her withered eyes quickly turned back to the orange-haired girl, narrowing deeply at her as she jutted a crooked finger in her direction. "You'd do well to stay away from that nonsense, girl. That man in there? He's a loon, part of a cult... no use letting him fill that young head of yours with nonsense."

"Err... thank you," came the reply, though the girl's tone had faltered to uncertainty. As the old woman shuffled off on her way, the girl hummed lowly and quietly, "I guess."

Heading, nervously, towards the door, the girl rapped her knuckles against the wood three times and exhaled in preparation. Only a moment passed, yet it felt like a lifetime before a soft yet heavily-accented voice could be heard shouting, muffled behind the wood.

"The door's open! Always is." Was that Irish? Grasping the handle, the girl pushed her way inside to what seemed like it was once a living space, now turned into an open communal area. Despite its open plan, it wasn't church-like as one might have expected. In one corner lay a coat rack, adorned with multiple coats and a long, white robe and in the other, a whiteboard, multiple etchings and drawings marked across it and in the centre, a circle of chairs.

The girl entered the space but hugged to the edges - habits die hard - laying eyes on the bearded man whom stood by a sink, shaking his hands clean on water. He combed back his medium length, slick dark hair with his hand, not even looking to her before he spoke softly, "Why don't you take a seat, love?"

"O-okay," she nodded, acquiescing without hesitation as she perched herself on one of the many chairs that lay in the circle.

"Now," he began, looking to her finally. He sauntered across the room confidently, grabbing a chair by the backrest and carrying it towards her. Setting it down firmly, he took a seat and held his hands together almost clerically. "What's your name?"

"Evie," she answered, immediately, causing the man to smirk.

"What's your real name?" he insisted, though his tone didn't seem demanding nor intrusive.

"Aoibheann. How did you...?" she began but was cut off immediately by the words that spilled from behind the confident smile plastered on his face.

"The ginger hair and the pale skin? Had a hunch. The slight twang you've still got left in your accent, though. That was the giveaway. Given that your accent is mostly English, I'd wager that you were born on British soil but one of your parents didn't want you to lose your heritage - the name being the most obvious way to do that."

"And if it was just Evie?" she asked, furrowing her brow.

"Then I'd have looked like a bit of an eejit now, wouldn't I?" he chuckled, breathily and softly. The way he smiled and the way he spoke was utterly disarming, Evie's eyes glistening with marvel as she felt herself relax entirely. "Now what is it I can help you with, Aoibheann?"

Her hands instinctively reached to her abdomen, her right palm splaying softly across her belly. His eyes followed her hands inquisitively a moment before it clicked. "How many weeks?" he asked.

"15."

"And does your partner know?"

"I haven't told him yet but..."

"You're starting to show," he finished her sentence, knowingly. "So why did you come to me?"

"Well, I just went to see Michael, for a check-up and I... erm... I don't know what to do, father," Evie admitted defeatedly.

"Please, just Shane is fine, Aoibheann. I assume you're talking about whether to keep the baby or not?" he asked, blatantly, the blunt nature of the question causing Evie to shuffle uncomfortably in her seat. Her thumbs danced around each other as her eyes cast to the ground and she nodded grimly.

"I guess I just need some advice and... my mother always used to find it at the church. I just thought... I mean - not saying you'd know anything about this, or that it's your responsibility or... I..." Evie fumbled, helplessly.

"Hey, don't worry," he smiled, warmly and reassuringly. "Y'know, there's only one thing I can tell you, Aoibheann. Life is precious. All life is precious, especially now."

"But bringing a baby into this world... this world. What kind of a life would it have? I'm only in my early twenties, what kind of a mother could I even be?"

"Mind if I share something with you?" he asked, plainly and openly as he crossed his legs and allowed his head to drop to one side. Evie offered no protest in response, merely shaking her head and listening attentively. "My sister had a baby, just like you. She was so young, so scared. She didn't want to keep it, afeared for the life that would it would be sentenced to. My parents screamed at her for her thoughts, saying she was sinful to think so. I couldn't listen, I couldn't stand to think of what my little sister was going through, how hard that must have been. I went with her, y'know? All she had to do was ask and I jumped on that ferry with her, straight to England. I said to her, 'it will all be alright'. Being her big brother, she believed me entirely but when I saw her after the procedure, after it was all over - that faith was gone. She looked to me and said, 'Brother, what have I done?' I didn't know what to say, naturally. I just said, 'I don't know'. She fell into depression after that. She was never the same again. She took her own life months later... couldn't face it anymore..."

"I'm so sorry..." Evie sympathized, uncomfortable with the message of the story but still trying to be polite. Still, despite her sympathy, Shane merely shook his head slowly, holding up a denying palm.

"That's the message of Eden's Light, Aoibheann. All life is precious. This apocalypse came because we thought we could play god, we tried to become the masters over life and death. Who was my sister to decide that babe swelling in her womb wasn't right for this world? That she wasn't right for the babe? If only she had embraced the beauty of life instead of fearing it..." He rose to his feet, crossing the distance between himself and the timidly sat girl before squatting down before her. Gently taking her hands, he smiled and exhaled softly. "I think all life is precious. This baby of yours is precious, Aoibheann. You'll be a wonderful mother and you'll raise him or her with love and care - god will smile upon you and bless you."

"But I'm still not sure..."

"Look not to my words then but look to the misery that has been wrought upon this world and no doubt on yourself. Think of the light in the darkness this baby could be for you... and if you have a flutter in your chest at that image, then I think you have your answer, Aoibheann. Humans have caused devastation and suffering, true. We can be redeemed by our most wonderful of powers, though: the power to bring beauty, happiness... the power to bring life into this world," he concluded.

Taking a moment to process her thoughts, Evie nodded and slowly raised to her feet in tandem with Shane. "Th-thank you... for your insight, father."

"Shane," he corrected tenderly and warmly, smiling and relinquishing his hold on her hands.

"Thank you, Shane."

"The door's always open, love. If I might offer one more piece of advice?"

"Of course."

"It takes two souls to birth one anew. Perhaps you should speak with your partner before you make your decision, okay?"

Nodding in understanding, Evie headed for the door, replacing her palm upon her belly and heading out into the glaring sun that beat down upon the street. Setting off on her way, she set out to find Dexter as soon as she could, leaving the shadow of the church behind her.

C.Bohannon12.jpg
Otto Williams
----

Otto sat in front of a smoldering fire as he consulted a map with several marks on it, some in red while others were in black. The marks ranged up to 75 miles away from the central point on the map which was a large NV. Otto was tired but his mind still worked a quick pace as he estimated he had another hour or two before he would be back in Nashville though that wasn't as much of a comfort to him as it would to most. Sure he would see Ave and the rest of the group but that was the most comfort he could take from it, he had grown accustomed to places outside civilization before all this chaos had unfolded and he still found himself preferring it, with all it's new dangers now, to the walled city of Nashville. That's why he was where he was at as a matter of fact, he had been one of the first of the group to join the militia formed in Nashville, had been a instructor for a bit as well but the small scavenging trips into the surrounding area had been slightly successful at the best of times and always seemed to end up with people injured or worse after all there was still a large amount of infected to be encountered by a group searching a city.

Otto had but forth a plan to the leaders of the city for a long range reconnaissance patrols, one to two man teams sent out for weeks at a time to better evaluate areas to scavenge, to see if areas were infested by infected or worth it at all in terms of resources. It had taken a bit of convincing but the vote was in his favor and he got his patrols on the condition that it was a volunteer core only and that teams would expect no rescue if things went pear shaped, needless to say Otto didn't see many people jump at the chance so it had fallen to him for the most part. So here he was two weeks later almost back to Nashville with a map marked full of locations he had found. He stood before kicking dirt on the fire to put it out and started the final leg of his trip to Nashville with the morning light to his east.

As he was walking Otto thoughts turned to the group and their new home of Nashville, it was everything Dex had wanted, safe and secure and much like the old way before all this. Otto was happy for the group, for his friends to be somewhere safe but...but he felt more isolated there then he did before. He hadn't seen hide nor hair of Dex, Evie or Jesse outside of passing each other in the streets since they got there and the others were even scarcer, well he should cast his mind to Ave as he had made a point to visit her on a rather regular basis. If he was honest about it if Ave hadn't stuck around he would probably have left by now, they didn't need him so much anymore while they stayed behind that big wall, safe. Otto gave a mental shrug as he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind for later and focused on the path to the wall.
----
On Person:
1x AR15
5x 30 round STANAG mags
1x knife
in Pack:
1x Map of local area
1x flint and steel
1x bed roll
1x cleaning kit
1x hatchet
.2 pounds non perishable food

Reactions: Himilo
Evangeline Moore

"W-wait Ev...No no no this won't do." Winslow stared down in hard concentration at his friend, watching her fumble feebly against the blankets he had firmly wrapped around her. Winslow sat at the edge of the bed, his hand gently brushing back Evangeline's mop of coffee colored curls. "You shouldn't get up just yet, er...according this what the doc said you should be lying on your side after..."

"I'm not dizzy anymore, sweetheart. I just feel lightheaded." Evangeline's face plunged into the comfortable surface of her heavenly pillow, a soft groan emitting from the fabric as she gave into her sickeningly sweet fate. "G-g-god. I didn't realize I'd feel so weird. I always imagined it felt like you were carrying a package inside your belly or...or something. Now it just feels like...I don't know, I wonder how that guy from Alien felt when he was pregnant with alien-demon spawn. I am sure it is remarkably similar." Her hands gently cupped over the fuzzy green blankets, relieved that Nashville had accommodated such a wonderful new home. Evangeline couldn't remember the last time she curled underneath such a miraculous cover of safety. Her thumb gently glided along her stomach, which had slowly begun to swell.

"I've got plenty of water, Ev. You just need to stay hydrated. Eva junior is gonna need it." Winslow was surprised as Evangeline gently tugged at his wrist, pulling him down to curl next to her. Evangeline sighed lowly, resting her head into her friend's shoulder.

"Thank you for being so understanding about this, Win. I know the circumstances are...unforgivable, considering the father." Evangeline frown as her friend's hand glided over hers upon her stomach, his fingers lacing with hers. Her friend kissed her forehead, his lips sketched into a deep and thoughtful frown.

"Why would it be unforgivable? I mean...besides doing it in the room across from mine..." Winslow's shoulders trembled, causing a little giggle to erupt from his friend's lips.

"No, I swear the child was conceived immaculately."

"Gabriel needs to come have a chat with me, then." Winslow teased with a thin grin, squirming to sit himself up, rolling back his shoulders. "Are you feeling okay to go for a walk today? I know it's been rather restful, which, which is good but...I don't know if you have been interacting as much. Bea and I miss you." His fingers hovered over her stomach, threatening to scuttle across. Evangeline swatted his hand away, removing the pillow from beneath her head to over her face.

"I know. I'm just scared about anyone else knowing. I know we barely know them but..."

"You already becoming mama bear or are you ashamed you had sex with Dean-the-man?"

"Shut up." Evangeline grumbled under her breath, hugging the pillow tightly to her torso. "I'm not ashamed. I'm just adjusting. And a little sheepish."

"Trust me, no one is happy about the..."

"Win." Evangeline muttered, warningly. Her eyes flickered up to meet his, a sigh escaping her. "I love that man, as much as he infuriates me at points. As much as I wish he was actually here now. Just...I just wish that this miracle could have come at a more convenient point."

"I know. It's gonna be okay though, Ev. I promise Im gonna be a great uncle." Winslow winked and hopped to his feet, stretching out his back. "You, me, Bea, walk in an hour. Sound good? Eva Moore junior is going to need actual oxygen at some point."

"Can do." Evangeline muttered, and without another word, pulled the blanket over her head and tried to allow the green tinted shadows consume everything else around her.

• Love
Beatrice Kolkowsky

072989652f8356f8f128fcb063cd0d5c.jpg

Interactions: Woodland Fairy, Winslow, Evangeline

Bea was gonna hyperventilate. Yep. Yep. She could feel that shiz in her bones. Wooo boi! Was it hot in here or was that just her social awkwardness skyrocketing to fourth dimensional proportions? Probs yeah. Definitely. It couldn't be anything else but that and--hell!--she had every reason to be drowning in her own pool of anxiety sweat! She was mere feet away from God's perfect creation. No, peeps, she was not over-exaggerating! Not in the slightest bit.

"Cruuuuud I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this--she's too freaking pretty how even do I go up to her and not look like a dang nerdling creeper who's been talking herself for like thirty seconds and won't shut up--omg Bea please be normal Christ!" Bea slapped both hands over her heart, trying to remember what came after exhaling. Oh yeah. Inhaling. That was how the oxygen got in, huh? Good to know. Uh, remember. Whatever.

She had her back pressed to the wall of some...person's house. Well, likely the Woodland Fairy's place and whoever else she shared the space with. Bea had caught sight of the woman sitting on the porch, legs crossed and reading from her little novel serenely. Well, heh, not little at all. It was a massive book. Moby Dick? Maybe? Then she paled a little...Dear God, was that a sign? She's reading a book with the word dick on it! CHRIST I DON'T HAVE A CHANCE DO I?! GAH! A scream pounded at Bea's lungs as she buried both hands in her hair, opting instead for groaning in misery. She was over her freaking head. What even was she doing? Just hopelessly standing around, waiting for the world to hand her some courage on a silver platter? Of course not, but it sure seemed that way. The teen never felt so stuck and rushed at once.

"Okay, Bee. Smellerbee. Queen Bea. Bea-semi-respectable-person-for-once. You got this. A-alright. On the count of three, you step out, say hey, be smooth. Be smooth...Okay. One...two..." She sucked in a sharp breath, "Three," and stepped out into the open--

Oh.

Huh.

The Woodland Fairy. She was...looking at Bea. Dead in the eyes. Amusement shimmered in her eyes like...like freaking shiny chocolate, a tiny grin on her face. The book laid in her lap, ignored in purchase of awaiting Bea's next move.

And uh, heh, oh yeah. Bea moved alright.

Choking on a marvelous mixture of air, shock, and cowardice, she spun on her heel.

And ran all the way back to Win and Eva. Dammit--she sucked!

Wham!

"GUYS I FREAKING SUCK!" Bea whined as she literally barreled into Evangeline's room, eyes wide and face redder than a grown man constipated after eating twenty pounds worth of peanut butter.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife

3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags
Internal
PIC with Winslow

Serious crush on Woodland Fairy

0c36ee10-5ab2-4015-9976-7088ad29bf33_cf502038-f7e7-4ed1-8bf4-33658dbb5b4f_1400x.jpg

goods_06_151395

whitesneaks-960x581.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love