Mission: Z, IC

Aveline
(I was supposed to post yesterday but I went and saw Deadpool 2 and that was the shiiiiiit)

CjdVbY-RLU6BTRa6IVUvcrSK66D5PWvf2cE1LScC_tx2ReDbuupQNSuwgzpg2Mn5POmSiSFRZu3Ii0VDoy3Xeaa4vgpX-Uq8d-ogCXMPAkOJ2tZYjwaFsiYyT8IfJXHqFg9UiWJZ

Dean announces his leave for warmer clothes, suggesting they strip down to prevent getting sick, Aveline lets out a low agitated groan as Otto volunteers to accompany him. “We may be in the apocalypse, but get me something cute, alright?” She stands with Otto, giving a short smile. “And be safe.” She watches them out before going back to maintain Otto’s fire, it was the little bit of warmth, like she was gonna let it die out.

Seeing as the others were getting comfortable stripping their clothes, she removed her shirt and places it flat on the floor as she removed her drenched shoes and socks. The floor looked dirty and touching it with her bare feet was the last thing she wanted, she also didn't want the loud newcomer yelling and being so… loud. Aveline gets as close as she can to the fire, focusing on the fire instead.

--

ON PERSON:
- Sneakers

- White t-shirt
- Blue jeans
- Ankle socks
- Black Jacket
- Baseball Bat (main weapon)
- Silver lighter (in back pocket)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Small pistol
- 9x pistol rounds
- Baby wipes (doesn’t actually smell like babies)
- Bagged and labeled medicine: Ibuprofen (6x), Benadryl (8x), Tylenol (4x)
- Ripped Gauze
- Bagged band-Aids (10x)

tzbLEzvHHo6EoNQucsZofEy4Dy6AGd2A0ipp7Z4mJRFR0_lnz2WOKU3Un2qnnCpy6Y4cjpH9vHfsLH2IBLYka_TQg30R6oZgDQE6qJYn3I8bc7Yhmo2nIBOBzCrGL0B4PvmzD-Jn

[fieldbox="Dean | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Nightfall, lightgreen, solid"]

6PYAkrF.jpg

Gators? Snakes? Dean's eyes widened almost imperceptibly, and he tugged the mag light off the side of his backpack. Had he been out here alone, he probably wouldn't have bothered with the light. It had a tenancy to draw Infected. Plus, the moon was big, and even through the rain was enough to see by, but Infected were generally pretty obvious. Gators, on the other hand...

Clicking the light on, he swept it back and forth at the water ahead of them. There was nothing immediately obvious, but the back of his neck prickled with unease anyway. The fuck is this shit. I've never worried about no damn alligators before, now he's got me checking every step.

It only reinforced his opinion that he should've come alone.

The pair of them made their way down the street. It was about half way to the hospital where he'd spotted the department store, and it only took them a half an hour to get there. Luckily, they encountered no alligators.

Dean stopped in front of the store, testing the roll door. It stayed fast, the lock at the bottom secure. "Alright... Back up, in case it ricochets." Dean pulled his pistol out, aimed at the lock, and took several steps back before squeezing the trigger three times. The lock shattered on the final shot, falling apart, and Dean hurriedly pulled it up, sweeping the space between the roll door and the normal door before retreating inside. "Let's go, get in here before those shots attract anything."

There was a four or five foot gap for them to squeeze into, and pull the steel door down behind them. All that remained now was the large set of glass doors.

INVENTORY (DEAN)
-------------------------
Wearing
Black cargo pants, black t-shirt
Black combat boots & lightweight Kevlar vest
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (9/9) [holding]
Small Machete w/Sheath [on left hip]
Foldable Pocket Knife [in pocket]
Small Lockpicking Kit [in pocket]

Holey Ass Backpack
9mm Rounds [1x box of 21]
9mm Rounds [5x boxes of 50]
9mm Mags [1x mags of 9, 2x empty]
Picture of Last Class from D.C.
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, maglight, baton]
Personal Hygiene Kit [includes battery operated clippers]
Change of Clothing [jeans, black t-shirt, socks, boxers]
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Food & Water
1/2 full 1lb bag of jerky
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]
85oz black Camelbak [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Evangeline

aAdwPGg_700b.jpg

The cold seeped into Evangeline's skin the moment she stepped into the garage, her teeth chattering helplessly as she attempted to keep emotional exteriors to an absolute minimum. A null, searing ache plagued the back of her skull as the nausea began to dwindle. Dean was back in her life and she needed to handle the group he had with him. She wasn't sure how to feel, she was certain that happiness and hope was supposed to be appropriate. She was certain they were going to dance valiantly in her head, tying and sealing off old wounds. They did not come, nor would they in the near future. She simply held her breath and felt loneliness engulf her as Winslow left her side. Winslow served as an anchor, one that kept her grounded and refused to let her float into ideologies that were far too out of reach for her to linger upon. When they were separated, Evangeline could feel a part of her heart be torn from her chest. Even if she left him for a brief period of time for management of clothes and food, the same dread settled in her chest. She took in a deep breath and, having noticed Winslow's new friend was struggling to maintain her collective calm with new people and animals, Evangeline placed her hand upon the girl's shoulder and squeezed gently. A subtle reminder that if anyone, or any adorable animal, wanted to get to her, they were going to have to go through Evangeline first.

Evangeline was rather shocked at the dog approaching her after having shown such love to Bea. She held out a closed fist to the animal, to be able to identify her scent. Once she thought she earned the animal's trust, she gently ran her fingers along his head and scratched behind his ears. "Good boy." She informed the dog gently, a smile presenting itself upon her face. She hadn't seen a dog in a long while, and the small contact between her and the animal sent flurries of excitement and joy throughout her system. "A cute one at that...anyone tell you that you can make a girl's soul melt after years of being frostbitten?" She chuckled softly at her exaggeration, another shiver cascading down her spine. If she hadn't been so fearful of others seeing her forsaken flesh, she would have stripped immediately. Besides, the only one she truly feared seeing her disrobed was Winslow. But...They had lived together for months. They had both had experience and trust with each other not be to sheepish over each other's appearances. Besides...Winslow treated most of her scars. He had most certainly seen her shirtless.

"Ladies don't look. You might shriek in horror." With those words, Evangeline groaned and shook her head at her friend as he slipped off his soggy clothes. He glanced down at his pants and with a small nod decided to keep them right where they were. Evangeline was relieved. She knew about his green lantern clothing.

"Your scrawny chest is a mockery to all chests everywhere, Win." Evangeline teased, but her face soon twisted with a grimace as the Japanese man stripped off most of his clothes. "I take that back Win. I take that back." She chuckled and with one hand still patting the dog beside her, she plopped off her shoes and sighed as she pulled her shirt over her head. She glanced down at the stretch marks over her stomach, which were quickly making a return. "That's weird..." She mumbled to herself but shook herself out of her thoughts. "No matter." At least the dark hides what makes me me.

"Bea don't worry. We aren't in a nudist cult. There is no full nudity." She shuddered. "Not yet anyway..." She mumbled, grateful now for the food Win had shared. She happily plucked the bag of jerky from him. She had a weird craving for protein, and her mouth watered at the thought of being able to eat. She forced Win to eat a majority of the rations. She didn't care about herself as much as she cared about him.

Her eyes flickered over to Bea as she shuffled away, presumably from sheepishness. "Hey...Um...don't feel weird about this Bea." She smiled "You know...oh God. I could tell you a story if it would make you feel better about this." She cleared her throat "when I was a teenager I used to be rather chubby. My stomach would roll over any of the jeans I had and people constantly reached out to pinch my cheeks without permission. I was so ashamed of ever showing skin, so I would generally wear turtle necks or even sometimes sweatshirts too big for me so that it made me look smaller. Well, I hated changing in the girl's gym room because I was the biggest one there. They used to call me elephant, although, I really quite liked the name, because elephants are intelligent, adorable, and are, in my opinion, much more fascinating than humans. However, I recall one day while I was in the middle of cleaning up and changing, someone stole my shirt and pants, and I was left with simple underwear. I couldn't leave my gym room because I was so scared of ridicule...In my fear, I called my brother...um, not Win here, an older brother." She swallowed painfully but continued "He brought me clothes, for sure, but the girls wouldn't let him go into the gym room to come and deliver the clothes. And they wouldn't agree to hand them to me. So..." She laughed suddenly, sharp and quiet. "He threatened to strip down to his boxers and flaunt around the school until they let him in. They didn't believe him..." She sighed "He did. There are pictures out there still. But it worked. He caught enough attention that he allowed me to slip out and get the clothes he brought for me. I don't think I ever laughed so hard after such a bad day. Although he did get in trouble...mostly because after having rescued me, he went on to continue strutting around the campus and surprising his Calculus teacher." She wrapped her arms around her chest to hide her blue bra, the dark hiding a light blush growing upon her face. "You should probably eat some more Bea. Same with you Win." Tiredly she took a nibble from the jerky. "Strength is everything."

Inventory

Rifle

Three hospital rags

Needle and String

Unborn Child

Increasing moodiness

Bag of jerky

Granola bar(1)

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: Dean
-

If the situation was different Otto might of laughed at Dean's panic as he fumbled with his light to check for gators but the situation they were in didn't really call for humor. The walk was silent beside the sounds of their legs pushing water away and the ever constant rain and by the time they reached the store Otto had tuned out those noises as best he could to try and listen for anything out of the norm such as splashed coming from another direction or an animal making it's way through the water though that was easier said then done. With nothing to hear or see heading their way Otto stepped away as Dean fired his rounds into the lock and followed in behind him as they shut the metal door and came before the glass doors which he tested with the muzzle of his rifle and sure enough the door opened simple and easy, Otto gestured to Dean as he took the first steps into the main area of the store and scanned the environment for infected or any other sort of threat and seeing none at the moment made him speak to Dean. "Clear from what I see." His words were low enough so they wouldn't echo through the store.
----
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
7x 7 round 1911 magazines
5x 30 round STANAG mags (26 rounds depleted in total)
1x tanto style combat knife
On Chest Rig:
6x 30 round STANAG magazines

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png

Interactions: Bea, Carter, Eva
Cecilio didn't waste much time though he wasn't to phased by Carter's partial nudity as it was something he was quite used to though he noted the man's tone when he told him to take his time. He would have replied or made a witty remark but he wasn't up for it at the moment. He used the alcohol wipe first cleaning and disinfecting the wound then following it up with iodine. He placed the gauze bandage over it and he sighed "Your all patched Carter. Try to avoid bullets. Too much copper for your diet..." He joked.

He heard Bea freaking out about Carter's stripping and he did address her after aiding Carter. "Kid. At this point nudity is the least of our concerns. Hell I remember in most safe zones you have to strip naked before they even considered letting you in." He said recalling he had to prove he was either in decent health or just as simple as not being bitten. "Either way I wouldn't worry with my old ob I've seen lot's of people at their most exposed." He said as he looked to Ev. He listened to her story and didn't seem to shocked by how cruel others could be. "Jesus. Makes me remember my years in elementary and high school..." He murmured knowing what being bullied was like though unlike Bea he didn't have many friends willing to do much for him.

------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ bayonet (15 rounds)
1x 4-14x scope
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 4/4 Full)
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Cartrt)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Carter)
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot (Loaned to Dex)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336
3x 20 round boxes of 30-30

[fieldbox="Carter Yamanashi | Mechanic's Shop | Evening, purple, solid"]

2.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio, Bea, Winslow & Evangeline

Carter pouted at the lack of energy in Cecilio's response. No fun! Damn, what does a delicious gay man gotta do to get some proper flirting done around here? Of course, Carter knew above all else that he couldn't blame the Russo-Italian. Everyone was soaked, semi-naked, and dead on their feet--not exactly the recipe for a Bobby Flay Party Tray. So, Carter settled for grinning at the copper comment before countering, "No worries, honty. All that meat and proteins balances it out pretty good." As he giggled at his own joke, the second-half of Evangeline's story caught his ears.

Uh-oh. Feels. Where the fuck did those come from?! Carter had to rid the atmosphere of it and quick, or else risking choking and dying on it in a glorious heap of sexy Japanese snack on legs. He turned to face the group of newcomers, squinting at their shadowed faces. Before he could say anything, Bea chuckled lowly, though it wasn't quite as dorky as the last one Carter heard. Just tired and maybe even a tad...guilty? Maybe?

"Jeez Louise, Ev..." Bea muttered. "That's, like, awesome. I mean, those dumb girls can go suck on a bowling ball for all I care. They're Class A jerks. B-but, uh, your brother was the real MVP, seriously." She scratched the back of her head, vision glued to her crossed legs. "Guess I oughtta get over it and toughen up, huh?" Carter didn't like the helpless look she shot at everyone, as if silently asking "Is this the lesson of the day or am I way off?".

Holding back a sigh, Carter chimed as casually as his voice could muster in this bullshit situation, "Oh honty, please." He whipped his wet bangs back with a practiced snap motion. "If you're worried about your body, then you need to start getting a little something into your system called Fuck It--na-ah-ah!" He held up a finger, stopping Bea mid-breath. The teen clammed her mouth shut.

"For once I don't mean sex. Gimme like ten minutes to reboot." That little comment earned a chuckle out of Bea, but he ignored it in purchase of continuing. "Fuck It is this magical little thing that says "Fuck You I'm Perfect Bitch and It Sucks You're Not Me" to every hater and fake ass bitch walking the face of this giant ass space rock called Earth." He shot a sassy hand gesture at both Bea and Evangeline. "So do you, boo boos. You too, Mister Sir." He pointed at Winslow. "I know pre-pubic Zac Efron when I see one. I'd give you two more years tops, maybe one. Don't matter your shape, race, religion, sexuality, or whatever the fuck you are. It's you and it's mutha fuckin'--" A loud snap. "Fabulous."

Bea didn't know what to say for a few seconds, her lips flapping uselessly as a confused blush coated her face. Nonetheless, she regained enough of her wits to snap--a lame imitation of Carter's--and reiterate dorkily, "Err, uh--yeah. Fabulous and m-mutha truckin' and...stuff?"

Carter waved his wrist dismissively. "Takes practice, honty. Takes practice." He could've sworn he heard the girl stealthily snapping away...actually practicing. Lawwwwd, somebody help her get her life together, he thought with an internal chuckle. Okay, fine, he could at least confirm that she and her band of buddies were friendly.

Easy pickings.

Bea then put her attention back on Cecilio, eyebrows raised in curiosity. "You had to deal with posers too?" She looked the Russo-Italian up and down, specifically at his large frame. Carter could understand her confusion--it would be hard for someone to believe that tall glass of tan vodka had went through any ridicule in school. Bea's grip on the bag slackened, her semi-nudity and shame apparently forgotten at the moment. "How'd you handle them?" she asked.

81MyYX8sOnL._UY445_.jpg

Inventory

On person
P226 Sig Sauer (7/10 loaded)
AR-15 (21x 5.56 rounds, 1 mags)
Sylvie's Machete
1x Jug of Benzene Oil
Handful of Industrial Wipes

Strip of dirty cloth/fabric
Industrial Flashlight

Personality/Internal-wise
Fabulousness
Bittersweet memories
Undeniable (yet still denied) fondness for Evie & Hero
(Sorta kinda) Beef with Dean
No time for this fainting foolishness
Walter's ghost plaguing his mind

814rDc8DLrL._UX562_.jpg

LONMMY-Military-pants-mens-Fashion-Cotton-Cargo-side-zipper-pants-mens-Army-green-Casual-trousers-Multi.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

s-l300.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Reactions: KatSea
[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Dusk, darkorange, solid"]

Having been on the verge of "who are you and what have you done with Evie?", Dex was both relieved and, strangely, a little disappointed when she started giggling like a maniac in his ear. He scrunched up his nose, pulling back to squint at her with a wary expression. "You had me goin for a second there." He put his arms around her, tickling at her ribcage. "Wicked woman."

Dex leaned his head back against the arm of the couch with a groan, trying to fixate on anything but the beautiful woman draped across his chest. "You know," he said, eventually, and then paused for an almost uncomfortable amount of time. "I think there's a real possibility that Nashville could be the end of the line for us. The group, I mean... In a good way. If they have choppers, real doctors, and enough resources to offer aid to complete strangers, it's reasonable to assume it's a safe haven. One big enough and secure enough that we wouldn't have to worry about this," he gestured a hand vaguely. "We could settle down. Start over."

He wasn't a fool enough to believe that anywhere was perfect, or that things would ever be the same as they were before the outbreak. But there was a possibility that it could get there. Just in a different way. Ever since Ballamory's fall, Dex had been thinking about one thing: D.C., and if he knew Evie like he thought he did, it was on her mind too. The prospect of the safety Dean promised, and in combination with the possibility of an immunisation derived from Hero's blood, was incredibly tantalizing. If it turned out his father wasn't insane, and if everything Dean said about the settlement was true. But this new revelation, the new piece on the board that was Nashville, could be just as good. Maybe better. And it would take a hell of a lot less effort to get there.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
black basketball shorts

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right leg]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [holding]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing
Antibiotics & Assorted Medical Supplies

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]

Cecilio & Ringo

Interactions: Bea, Carter
Cecilio nodded firmly when Bea asked if he had to deal with difficulties in school. "You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the behemoth I am now as insane as that sounds. I was a late bloomer so I sprouted up during summer vacation so when I got back for my Junior year you can imagine that the people that messed with me were in a state of shock that the guy they always messed with got tall as hell. However before that I learned something important and that's to say 'fuck it' to all those people." He stated as he rubbed his hand. "So not that different from Carter though my mom's boyfriend and my grandfather always suggested kicking their asses after I had my growth spurt. Bu never let anyone talk down to you or try to control you. I also learned that you can't make yourself less of a target but you can make it hard for them to get a rise out of you and that you shouldn't stoop to their level and believe me that is really hard not to do. Especially when you suddenly dwarf a good chunk of them." He added as he set his bag down and leaned back against the wall next to Carter.

"I won't talk about 6th through 8th cause that shit just sucked though i did win my first fight so I guess there's that..." He noted. "I do owe those bullies a lot though since they helped me to learn what to avoid becoming. They're also the reason I got into EMS and why I learned guitar." He added smiling a little. "But here's a saying I know you might know from history class 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'" He told Bead deciding to end his rambling on that.

Ringo had meanwhile finished sniffing Ev and wandered over to Cecilio lazily laying down and placing head near Cecilio's leg. To which Cecilio responded by reaching down and rubbing Ringo's ears causing the dog's tail to thump against the floor.

------------------------
Inventory
1x 4-14x scope
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336

[fieldbox="Dean | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Nightfall, lightgreen, solid"]

6PYAkrF.jpg

"Sight doesn't mean a whole lot in this darkness," Dean replied quietly, tapping the end of his flash light against one of the metal racks several times, loud enough to attract anything that could be lurking on this floor. Sure enough, a low, faint growl crept down the center aisle, and when Dean flicked his light over to the source, an Infected snarled and shied away from the light.

It was painfully thin, with nearly every bone protruding from beneath its skin, and clothes hung off it's bony frame. "I got it." Drawing his machete, Dean held the light steady on the creature as it advanced, and once it was right on him, he stepped to the side, turned, and grabbed it by the hair to gain control and sweeping its legs from under it. The infected fell to the ground with Dean still holding its hair, and he yanked the head back, exposing the throat, and slammed the machete through the neck and out the back of the skull.

It twitched for a second and then went still. Dean was immediately in a readied stance, but this floor at least seemed to be clear, for no more zombies were drawn to their sounds of struggle.

"This place is pretty big, so let's split up. Stay in ear shot - most of what we need is on this floor," as he spoke, Dean perused one of the racks of clothing. He had no intention of wasting time searching for fashionable items, so he snatched a few different size packs of black t-shirts off an aisle and shoved them in his pack.

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black Camelbak

On Person

Holey Ass Backpack
Small First-Aid Kit
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Food & Water
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
-

Otto had forgotten that he wasn't working with the likes of Dex or Jesse who didn't need a literal interpretation of his words, when clear meant the immediate area rather then the whole area but he merely shrugged it off as Dean dispatched an infected with a little to much movement in his opinion but dispatched it none the less, he gave a hmm of acknowledgement to Dean's words about splitting up as he headed his own way. Otto's first task was finding a new pack for himself both to carry clothes and replace the one lost to the cultists back in ballamory, it didn't take him long to find the sporting goods area of the store where he knew he would find a pack. Evidence of looting was obvious as Otto stepped over broken glass, what had once been a display of hunting rifles had been smashed to literal pieces while once locked ammo cabinet behind the employee area was broken open and destroyed with nothing but single rounds left. Otto turned down an isle where there were some backpacks for use in hiking or other long term outdoor trips, he found one fast enough and he was also able to grab some clothes in this area. large racks of camouflage hunting shirts, pants, jackets, boots, caps, socks and so forth and so on. He went back and grabbed another pack as he heard Dean in the other isles also grabbing clothes, Otto began to stuff the second pack with several sets of shirts, pants, socks and anything else that seemed useful and the plus was most of these were labeled as water proof though Otto knew water resistant would be a better label. He finished off the pack by grabbing a few pairs of hiking boots of varying sizes before heading to where he heard Dean
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:
In first pack: Nothing
In second pack: Several pairs of hunting shirts
several pairs of hunting pants
several pairs of wool socks
several boots

6PYAkrF.jpg

Once out of the t-shirt aisle, Dean went on to the underclothes one, grabbing a few packs of each size for both men and women. He grabbed multiple packs of one-size-fits-most socks, but at this point his backpack was already stuffed full enough to prevent zippering. Otto came over with his load and Dean eyed the bags in his hand. He pointed, as well as he could with arms full of socks. "Good thinking."

Without further explanation, he headed off in the direction Otto had come from, finding the outdoor supplies without too much difficulty. Sitting his stuff down, he pulled two backpacks off the shelf and started putting the supplies inside them, stuffing the clothes into one, and then emptying his own possessions into a new, untorn one. He'd organize it better later, but for now the main concern was to get this shit back to the group. With a moment of deliberation, he snatched another backpack off the rack and scoured the aisles that Otto had just done, emptying an entire box of clear ponchos into the empty pack and then three compact sleeping bags to follow. By now, all three bags were full, and carrying much else wasn't going to be a possibility. Dean returned to Otto. "Did you grab any pants or anything? I don't have room, and I'd rather not make a second trip. I've got... shirts," he ticked off a mental list, "socks, underwear, some ponchos, a couple sleeping bags."

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black Camelbak

On Person

Backpack
Small First-Aid Kit
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Second Backpack

four-packs of men's large t-shirts [2] (shirts)
four-packs of men's medium t-shirts [2] (8 shirts)

four-packs of women's large t-shirts [2] (8 shirts)
four-packs of women's medium t-shirts [2] (8 shirts)
ten-pack of men's large boxers [2] (20 boxers)
ten-pack of men's medium boxers [2] (20 boxers)
eight-pack of women's medium underwear [4] (32 panties)
ten-pack of OSFM unisex black socks [5] (50 pairs)

Third Backpack
clear rain ponchos [20]
thin sleeping bags [3]

Food & Water
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Winslow

“Preach!” Winslow exclaimed with a small laugh as the man attempted to give a pep talk to Evangeline. He had never quite had the right words to say to her when it came to subject matters like this. All he could tell her was how much he loved her and how much he would have enjoyed to be her six foot body guard if he could have in her times of need. “As I have always said Evangeline, if someone calls you a certain word or calls you out on a certain thing, they are only viewing things they hate about themselves. So don’t you ever forget how much of a lovely person you are. Also...pre pubic? Don’t you mean pre pubescent?” He grinned “But thank you! I don’t think anyone has ever given me that compliment before. But now being compared to the legend I think my life has been complete.” With a dreamy smile, Winslow rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes flickered over to the tall man, who even in the dark sent a small shiver of fear down Winslow’s back. How did anyone have the courage to insult that man to his face? Winslow understood what it was like to have someone insult him, in fact he used to get berraded constantly. Although, a little meditation kept Winslow at ease when he felt tempted to slip into rage. Winslow was not a man of rage, but he knew that he could lose it. He had only ever remembered losing it once, beyond hitting Dean. It was messy but it was deserved in his head

“Oh, we have a guitar and an ukulele player here!” Winslow grinned cheerily, glad to have his mind distracted from his thoughts that threatened to turn sour “You know I used to be wicked good at the piano. Used to serenade the ladies all the time.”

“You mean your mother?” Evangeline replied gently, fully aware of his situation behind his piano playing. He bit his lip, surprised at the sudden sadness that flooded his system. He rubbed his arm, exhaling a puff of air.

“You can say that.” He smiles still, shaking his head as he attempted to knock the thoughts about his family out of his head “You know if the world becomes sane again we can start a little street band.” Winslow suggested softly, eyes locked to the dog by Cecilio’s side. He slowly slid to a sitting position and crossed his arms over his chest, suddenly fully aware of his partial nudity. His cheeks began to burn. It was just his chest, it wasn’t as if he had done the unimaginable and revealed his boxers. Winslow would have died if anyone saw any more of his epidermis. The mere thought sent shivers of horror down his spine. “I can’t wait for the chance to play again.” He finally admitted, shivering slightly from the sogginess of his hair. He shook his head rapidly as to attempt to dry. He heard a small yelp and looked over at Ev who had a teasing scowl on her face

“Bad Winslow. Bad.” Evangeline scolded him, rolling her shirt up and swatting Winslow with it.

“You are so mean yourself.” Winslow defended, grinning to himself as he ran his hand over where Evangeline hit him

Inventory

Pistol (four bullets)

Hospital rags (two)

Small rusted scalpel

A new friend

Evangeline’s cantine (almost empty

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter
An explosion of laughter, akin to a cackle, burst from Evie's throat as Dex dug his fingers into her ribcage. She writhed and jolted spasmodically under his assault, occasionally trying to catch his hands or punch him lightly on the chest to defend herself. Alas, it wasn't the most successful of tactics. As the two laughed, their eye caught for a moment and suddenly the energy of the moment faded away into a blissful silence. As Dex allowed his head to fall backwards, Evie slid off to his side slightly, resting her head against his chest. She did feel somewhat bad. He'd removed his shirt to try and dry but here she was clad in soaked clothes with dripping-wet hair splayed across his torso. She had considered stripping herself but the idea of someone other than Dex seeing her was too embarrassing.

"You know," he said, eventually, and then paused for an almost uncomfortable amount of time. "I think there's a real possibility that Nashville could be the end of the line for us. The group, I mean... In a good way. If they have choppers, real doctors, and enough resources to offer aid to complete strangers, it's reasonable to assume it's a safe haven. One big enough and secure enough that we wouldn't have to worry about this," he gestured a hand vaguely. "We could settle down. Start over."

"What about Hero?" she asked, softly. "What about the cure?" Her voice wasn't accusatory, nor prying. It was gently inquisitive. Settling down sounded nice. Still, could they honestly live with themselves knowing they never tried to fix this mess? Could she honestly live with herself giving up on ever returning home?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (12 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):
- Change of Outfit

Water (0):

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]
jsaFlUa.jpg
[/spoili]

[fieldbox="Dexter | Jackson Mississippi | 1 October 2026 - Nightfall, darkorange, solid"]

[imga]https://i.imgur.com/2d0xf0q.jpg[/imga][imga]https://i.imgur.com/NICahKw.png[/imga]

“Ah…” Dex lifted a hand to rub at his cheek, mulling over the question. “I don’t know. Maybe getting to Nashville will be just as good? Maybe they’re working on something there, too?” He knew that was unlikely at best, but what else was he supposed to say? Making the trip to D.C. was far too dangerous. Especially now that they had even more people to drag along.

"I guess," she hummed. She didn't want to pursue the topic. After everything that had happened, with the fading - yet still present - headache, with the prospect of how easily everything could be snatched away, she didn't want to pursue it at all. "What do you think it'll be like in Nashville?" she asked.

Grateful for the change in topic, he shrugged gently. “I dunno. If it’s anything like it was pre-end-of-the-world... larger than life, I guess is one way you could describe it. Nashville’s one of those places that was pretty, uh… quirky even before everything went to shit.”

"Good quirky or bad quirky?"

“A little bit of both - they once built a life size replica of the Millenium Falcon in the middle of downtown, or something like that.”

"Millenium what, now?" she asked, raising her head slightly and craning it to look up at him.

For a minute, Dex didn’t speak, only stared at her incredulously. “Do they not have Star Wars where you’re from, or have you just lived under a rock for your entire life?”

"Oh! It's from Star Wars!" she exclaimed, laying her head back down as the curiosity was sated. "I'm not from Mars, Dex. We do have Star Wars. I just - y'know - thought it was kinda... rubbish - well not rubbish, just not my style."

“I feel insulted on a personal level,” he chuckled, fiddling with the damp fabric of Evie’s shirt. “While we’re on the topic, though… what’s your favorite movie?”

"Erm... you probably wouldn't know it," she dodged. A flush hit her cheeks for a moment. It wasn't that she was embarrassed by her choice of films but it hardly screamed 'cool kid'. In fact, it may have even topped Star Wars in 'Nerdville'.

“Challenge accepted. Lay it on me.”

"Michael Collins," she admitted, her tone firm and delivery quick.

Dex squinted. “Ok, you were right I’ve got no idea what that is.”

"Told you so," she smirked, head nodding against his chest. "What about Railway Man?"

“Nope. I think we probably have different tastes in films. Nerd.”

"Said the Star Wars geek," she retorted, proudly. "At least my films are educational." She added a haughty huff after her statement and gently nipped at his waist.

Making finger quotes, he scoffed. “Educati - hey, stop that!” He swatted at her nose very gently with his fingertips. “I think we’ve established who will win in a tickle war, don’t start a fight you’ll lose. Anyway, it’s not so much me that was a Star Wars fan as it was my mom. She was a fanatic… me and Riley grew up on those movies because she watched ‘em so often.” Seeing that Dex was serious with the latter part of his statement, Evie decided it best to match the tone. Laying a gently kiss on his chest, she settled back down, quiet for a moment.

"Sounds like my dad with Terminator films," she replied. "Except, something tells me Star Wars is maybe better." She went silent again for a time before she posed a question out of the blue, "Do you miss her?"

“Who, my mom?”

"Yeah."

“Well… obviously, yeah. I do,” he started. “But… she died a few months before all this, and in a way I’m glad she wasn’t around to watch everything go to hell, you know?”

"I get that," Evie empathised. "I mean... kind of. I don't even know what's happening back home: if my parents are still alive, if things are safe there... it's just nothing. I just hope that nobody back home has had to see all of this."

“Maybe we’ll find out, once we get to Nashville? Makes sense that if there are survivors elsewhere, they’d all try to be in contact, right?”

"Please don't..." she pleaded, her voice weak and quiet.

Blinking confusedly, Dex fell silent, trying to figure out what exactly he’d said that could be considered upsetting. Unable to identify the culprit, he frowned. Why would she be upset at the possibility that her home had been unaffected by all this?

"I d-... don't wanna get my hopes up, that's all," she clarified, sucking in a deep breath to suppress a some rogue tears that were welling behind her eyelids. "Still," she began again, almost too loudly. "We weren't talking about me. What was your mum like?"

Eager to backpedal to a topic that didn’t involve tears, Dex rubbed Evie’s arm comfortingly. “She, uh… she was kind. And generous. And would give a perfect stranger the shirt off her back if they needed it.” His voice hardened a bit. “She didn’t deserve to go out the way she did, but… if it’s not one way, it’s another, right?” He trailed off. “Riley reminds me a lot of her, actually… when she’s not being a bull-headed brat, anyway.”

"Riley stops being a bull-headed brat sometimes?" Evie joked, hoping to alleviate some tension.

“Everyone once in a while,”
he smirked. “What about yours? Your parents, I mean.”

"Parents? They were pretty typical parents. Dad was away a lot for work being in the army - don't know too much about that, though. Don't know what else to say, really."

That seemed suspiciously vague, but he didn’t pry. Instead, a comfortable silence filled the room, broken only by the occasional clap of thunder or the murmur of voices from below them. Shifting a little so he could reach, Dex rubbed Evie’s back in slow circles. Even though they were still both damp and chilly, and the leather couch wasn’t exactly as comfortable as their bed back in Ballamory, Dex found himself starting to doze.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
Wearing
black basketball shorts

On Person
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right leg]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15/15) [on left leg]
DD M4 Carbine V5 AR-15 (6/32) [holding]

In Bag

.50cal Rounds x32
9mm Rounds x46
Minor First Aid Kit (mostly used)
Small LED Flashlight
Military Dogtags
Letter from his Father
Change of Clothing
Antibiotics & Assorted Medical Supplies

Food & Water
17oz Bottled Water [3]

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox="Beatrice Kolkowsky | Mechanic's Shop
| Evening, goldenrod, solid"]

Cqrl5LFVMAAaWBW.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio, Carter, Winslow & Evangeline

Bea listened to Cecilio with her eyes slightly widened in wonder--and perhaps a hint of envy. She wished she could say the same for herself, but so far, her body hadn't experienced any "upgrades". She didn't shoot up in height, she didn't suddenly gain muscle mass and smash every asshole in her wake like the Hulk (BEA SMASH! Oh yeah, that sounds awesome af), nor did she grow any newfound confidence to stand up to her bullies and siblings.

The outbreak and ravenous zombies took care of that.

But still, Bea appreciated everything that Cecilio said and she couldn't hide the intrigue on her face as she heard the word "guitar". Guitar? As in the string instrument? As in my Uke but on steroids and testerone shots but totally not the same thing? Excitement started bubbling under her skin. She never thought she'd come across another music-lover and her joy practically skyrocketed when Win brought up playing piano. Bea couldn't quite place what she was feeling into words, but she knew the sentiment was infinitely better than the previous one wreaking havoc in her gut.

"Wow..." she breathed. "Cool story"--bro, she tagged on with a mental giggle. Gaaaawd she was so funny! Right? Right??

...Right--her mind had no room for lies.

Moving on.

Clearing her throat awkwardly, she continued, "You guys are all pretty awesome, especially for trying to pep talk me and stuff." Some heat flushed her face as her vision strayed across the floor. She needed something else to look at, so her eyes latched onto Ringo. The sight of the canine naturally made a smile pull at her lips. "Thanks. F-for like, dealing with my teenage angst stuff." She tacked on a chuckle to help lighten the mood, though that proved to be a bad move when she literally choked on air and coughed a little.

"Sorry--*cough!* W-wrong pipe!" She swallowed a large gulp of air while patting her chest. "My god. First rain and now air!" She looked up and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose with her middle finger. "Screw you, oxygen!"

A pause.

"Just kidding I love you and need you to survive don't ever leave me..." Bea regretted her words as soon as they left her. Hoping to change the subject, she looked over Uke once more. His head and neck were a bit damp, but it was nothing he couldn't recover from. She could imagine that he would need a good tuning later, but she wasn't going to complain. She daintily plucked a string and though it was out of tune, she grinned as the sound vibrated gently against her ears. "Ha...heaven," she sighed.

Inventory
On Person
1x - Hunting Knife
1x - Water Canteen (half full)
3x - Protein Bar
Uke the ukulele
1x - First Aid Kit
Bloodied Finding Nemo shirt
5x - Needles
3x - Hospital Rags

295862ad9eb0353041ff7db78dce9946--overall-shorts-outfit-denim-overall-shorts.jpg
m_560ffcec4e67483470009d08.jpg

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
-

"Ya, I got several pairs of pants, shirts, wool socks and several pairs of boots. Didn't get anything else though since most of this stuff is of the waterproof and heavy variety and I wouldn't worry about a second trip as of yet, we know where this place is and we can come back for more when the time is better...wait a second I see something else that might come in handy." Otto spoke to Dean as he looked past him before walking past him, on the wall was a rack of 2 in 1 flint and steel bars, three of them to be exact which Otto snatched all of and threw into a side pocket of his primary bag before walking back to Dean. "Fire is probably gonna be really needed for the group in the next coming days, if this water doesn't lower that is." From the looks of it Dean was weighed down pretty heavily. "When we leave let me take lead, you are more heavily weighed down, I can move a bit better and make sure our path is clear and all that." Otto paused for a second. "We should try and find some rope or something, wrap it around our waists so we're connected because if the current takes one of us and we ain't connected the other ain't gonna be able to save whoever gets swept up but the rope will give us a fighting chance should that happen and I don't know about you but I would rather err on the side of caution in this weather." Otto concluded to Dean.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
On Chest Rig:
In first pack: 3x flint and steel
several boots

6PYAkrF.jpg

Dean could think of very few things he'd rather not do than hitch himself to Otto (or anyone, for that matter) in the middle of a rainstorm, so the suggestion was met with a repugnant scowl, though it was too dark for anyone to see. "I've marched halfway across the country to get here, Otto, don't think I'm going to let a little water stop me now." Besides, he knew he could keep his footing, and he wasn't going to risk being dragged down by someone else who couldn't.

"If they're not happy with what we bring back, they can come out here themselves next time," he continued. "I'm ready to get into something dry and sit my ass down to relax for a few hours."

He strapped the heaviest bag to his back, and then one of the lighter bags on top of that one, with the third slung awkwardly over his shoulder. Flashlight in one hand and machete in the other, he headed for the door, skirting around the body of the Infected and pulling the door open. He pressed his ear against the metal of the roll-door, listening for signs that anything had been attracted by his gunshots earlier. But luckily it seemed the thunder had been enough to disorient nearby Infected, since there was nothing that he could hear. Water gushed over his toes as he shoved a foot under the door and pulled up, rolling the door about halfway, enough for him to duck under and get outside.

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (6/9) [on right hip]
Small Machete w/Sheath [holding]
Maglight [holding]

Backpack
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, baton]
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Second Backpack

Third Backpack
clear rain ponchos [20]
thin sleeping bags [3]

Food & Water
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
C.Bohannon6.png
Interaction: none
-

"Or walk away like a dick disregarding whatever I say, it's not like I've lived here for several years and know what happens during these storms" Otto said more to himself as Dean walked away like a errant child who thought they knew more then they really did. Otto gave a sigh as he walked back and grabbed a length of para-cord before wrapping it around his arm and throwing the packs he carried onto his back and proceeded to the entrance and it was fairly clear Dean was going to go ahead of him despite the danger of the storm and the wildlife that may or may not have been stalking the waters. Dean had already done gone ahead of Otto far enough that the man couldn't see the flashlight he knew Dean was using to navigate. "Let's hope my night time navigational skills are still up to snuff." Otto thought as he proceeded to head back towards the garage not entirely confident he would see Dean until he got back to the garage himself, so at the moment Otto was alone in the dark.
---
On Person:
1x AR15
1x 1911A1
Several feet of para-cord
On Chest Rig:
In first pack: 3x flint and steel
several boots

6PYAkrF.jpg

The reason Otto couldn't see the flashlight when he came outside wasn't because Dean had abandoned him - no, what would that do for him other than generate suspicion among the group that he didn't have everyone's best interests in mind? Dean had actually ducked around the side of the building to answer the call of nature, and when he came back out, Otto was already a quarter of the way down the block, silhouetted by what little moonlight was managing to penetrate this rainfall.

Pinning him within the beam of the flashlight, Dean jogged to catch up, the backpacks bouncing uncomfortably against him from every angle. Fuckers better be damn grateful for all this.

Few words were spoken between them as they returned to the garage, and though merely an hour had passed in their absence, the storm was already growing stronger. Luckily for the group, the street the garage was situated on was at a slope, and most of the water would go right down, so the garage was relatively safe from flooding as long as the entire Mississippi River didn't decide to come join them. Even then, though, they had access to the roof from inside the building, so if all else failed, they'd have a nice, wet roof to wait out the storm on.

Hopefully that wouldn't be necessary, though.

As they reentered the garage, Dean slung the bag he was carrying to the ground, and ruffled his wet hair. "Alright, gather round if ya want some dry clothes, then."

INVENTORY (DEAN)
Wearing
Black Camelbak

On Person

Colt Combat Commander (6/9) [on right hip]
Small Machete w/Sheath [holding]
Maglight [holding]

Backpack
Small First-Aid Kit
Police Utility Belt [handcuffs, radio, pepper spray, taser, baton]
Water Purifying Straw
Mess Kit w/Utensils
Weapons Cleaning Kit
Black Pullover Hoodie

Second Backpack

Third Backpack
clear rain ponchos [20]
thin sleeping bags [3]

Food & Water
granola bars [7]
20oz bottled water [3]
60oz canteen [full]

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo

Interactions: Bea

Cecilio smiled at Bea as he relaxed a little more though he didn't really have to do more than take off his boots and socks since they got soaked from stepping in a deep puddle on the way in as well as his shirt. He done his best to still stay in shape though he'd lost a little weight from the type of food he'd been eating. "Rybka (Little Fish)....Don't worry about that. It's easy to forget some people are still growing up in this world as terrible as it is. Last thing we need is some kid feeling ignored or alone..." He couldn't help but chuckle Bea's spazzing. He did hear her pluck her ukulele string and he looked down at his hands for a moment before getting up and grabbing his guitar from his things.

Cecilio hadn't really had much time to play as of late especially with the addition of new people and then getting practically evicted from Ballamory by force. He felt the group could use a little music or something rather than the sound of the storm and small talk. He started to tune the instrument going by ear and when he felt it was good enough he started to play. He wasn't much for a song with singing so he simply chose something to play figuring it would at least lift the mood somewhat. He was surprised by Ryan's return but figured he'd let the others get a change of clothes first before helping himself. He brought himself to focus again before recalling what he was going to try and play "Gde byl ya...?" He murmured before he seemed to remember and started to play.

---------

------------------------
Inventory
1x 4-14x scope
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
8x 9mm bullets
1x Lighter
1x Trauma kit
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Marlin 336

Last edited: