Mission: Z, IC

Aveline

tumblr_o29zqeeKhl1qfvouao1_1280.jpg

The fucking luck Aveline had when she made it out the gate both unharmed and with the stolen supplies, she couldn't hear any movement behind her and was almost convinced she was actually going to get away. Taking a glance back, a gunshots had went off and she had fallen forward. "MOTHER-" She began, remembering to keep her voice down. Groaning, she propped herself up with an arm and looked down at her leg, and she just panted. Honestly, she'd laugh if her upper leg didn't feel like it was stabbing itself over and over. "Je suis chanceux." she panted, deciding to just lay for a moment. "Je suis très chanceux."

(( "I'm lucky."

"I'm too lucky." ))

Her luck beginning to run out when she heard groaning from the direction she intended, a stray stumbling towards her, causing Aveline to immediately stand but winced at the pressure on her leg, raising her bat then lowering it, raising it again then lowing it once more, backing away as the dead stumbled closer to her. "Une seconde." She told it, a hand on her knee, looking up to see another one now heading her direction. "Il y a deux? D'accord..." She straightened herself before raising her bat once more, luring the closest one and swinging at it's head, hitting it again once it was on the ground doing the same to the second one. She let out a groan and leaned on a nearby tree until she heard groans and looked at them. It wasn't a horde but a large pack of them was more than she can handle. Instead of pouting childishly, she began hobbling her fastest back to the cul-de-sac. Internally panicking as it felt like the herd edged closer behind her. "What the fuck am I doing back here?" She questioned herself, letting out a groan but happily made it back to gate the exited from and closed and locked it.

(( "One second."

"There's two? Okay..." ))

Aveline had many second guesses, but this felt like her safest bet especially since they had a barrier. She heard arguing as she stumbled closer. "You want your shit back?" She grabbed one of the two items she stole from her pack and threw it (she kept the med-kit, leg wise). "Take it but the asshole who shot those bullets alerted a pack of les mort." She held her leg. "And I really don't feel like dying today so would you nut up?"

Items:

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Worn sneakers
- Metal bat (weapon)

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- Pistol
- 12x pistol rounds
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book
- (Recently collected) 1x Med-kit
- (Recently removed) 1x Hygiene Item

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto Williams
Interaction: Aveline, Dexter and Cecilio
-

Otto raised his rifle and pointed it towards the woman who entered through the gate and closed it before putting the lock in place. He had heard the arguing from back where he came from but ignored it for now because unless he heard gunshots this was more important as he could both see and hear the infected that were following the woman though the gate would keep them at bad as long as a hoard didn't form. "I should shoot you or better yet I should open that gate and leave you out there for the infected after putting on in your knee rather than a simple graze." His words were deadly serious, they were spoken with a calm demeanor but a tinge of violence lurked just below the surface of Otto's facade as he observed her favoring one leg over the other to put her weight onto. He approached her slowly. "Don't try anything if you enjoy living." He spoke as he grabbed her shoulder and threw her to the ground, he came down next as his knee pressed into the small of her back, his left foot rested on the wrist of the hand she was holding the bat with and the muzzle of his rifle was resting on the back of her neck where the spine met the brain. He grabbed the bat out of her hand and threw it away to his left and searched her person and finding no other weapons or anything he would consider a danger, he left her pack alone because if she reached for it or anything it in he was just gonna shoot her and be done with it. He stood up and took a step back before roughly taking his hand and hauling her up to her feet before poking her back with his rifle. "Walk to the voices, stop or do anything I don't tell you and I shoot you." He spoke as she began walking.
@Himilo
-
He walked the woman back to the main area at rifle point to find Dexter and Cecilio arguing, he heard Cecilio mention Dex and presumably Evie partying so Otto assumed they had liquor somewhere which brought back a whole bunch of bad memories for Otto but it was all but confirmed when Cecilio said Dex was drunk. They were going back and forth and frankly Otto was tired of it, of the yelling from those two but not just that. It was the secrets Dex seemed to be keeping as well and the stupid fucking decision their supposed leader had made in getting drunk and presumably sleeping with Evie if her standing in the doorway was any indication. Otto didn't know what made his handle on his anger break, maybe it was the memories brought up by the mention of liquor, maybe it was Dex sleeping with Evie which could put both her life as well as the group as a whole in danger if she got pregnant here, maybe it was the fact he was stolen from? Whatever the reason Dex and Cecilio were about to receive both barrels. "would yOU BOTH SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR A GOD FORSAKEN SECOND!" Otto yelled at both Cecilio and Dex. "WHY IS IT THAT YOU TWO ARE HAVING A FUCKING ARGUMENT WHEN WE HAVE UNDEAD AT THE BACK GATE, A THIEF IN CUSTODY AND ANY NUMBER OF OTHERS THINGS THAT COULD GO FUCKING WRONG FOR US AT ANY MINUTE!" He rounded on Cecilio first. "Thief. Wounded. Knee. Treat now." The words were spoken through grit teeth as he handed off the woman to Cecilio​
@Derp
-
Like a bolt of lightning Otto had rounded on Dex and was in his face immediately, the repugnant smell of dark liquor wafting about the man. Otto stood at the same height as Dex so they both could look at each other's eyes, Dex's held the haze of drunkenness that everyone's eyes held after drinking but Otto's were chips of blue ice that pierced right through Dex. "You disappoint and anger me so much Dexter, you sit here and proclaim leadership yet here you are acting like a spoiled brat who at the first chance shirked their responsibilities when a pretty lady batted her eyes at you and liquor got involved." Otto was backing Dex up towards house one keeping in his personal space as each syllable of what he said seemed to carry with it the weight of tons. "You act like this is some game or story but it ain't. WE ARE DEALING WITH REAL LIVES AND REAL FUCKING CONSEQUENCES HERE DEXTER, I could be dead right now if she had wanted it." He spoke while pointing back at the woman he had captured. "And what would you be doing? Ladeda fucking off with Evie and booze but no that doesn't matter does it? As long as Dexter get's to mope when he wants to mope, gets to drink when he wants to drink and gets to fuck when he wants to fuck nothing else matters does it?" Otto had backed Dexter up to the steps of house one. "Now you go the fuck back inside and sleep off this drunkenness because come sun up I am going to be coming to get you and you, Cecilio and I are gonna have a serious conversation, hung over or not." He finished speaking as he turned on his heel and went passed Cecilio towards his own house. "I'm getting a crossbow and dealing with the infected." He said simply as he passed the medic.​
@JJ
------------
On person
-
PTR-91
1x mag (20 rounds)
-​

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Despite himself, Jesse's calm reaction to his outburst made a pang of guilt course through him. Dexter took a step back, using his empty hand to pinch the bridge of his nose and attempt to stall the massive headache he could feel forming behind his eyes. "Fuck, man, I'm so sorry, I just... I heard the gunshots, and..." he fell silent, shaking his head. "I don't know what got into me. I shouldn't have-"

Anything else he was going to say was cut off by Otto's return, trailed by a woman he didn't know, and before Dexter even had the chance to question her sudden appearance, Otto had rounded on him, spitting mad, angrier than Dex had ever seen him. "Whoa, Otto, wait -" he started, an apology already on the tip of his tongue, but the man was having none of it. Every word pierced him like a knife, and he flinched away, trying to put distance between them. But Otto closed the distance, and Dexter backed up, hands against his chest in "I surrender" fashion, the glock hanging limply from his right palm, no danger to anyone. Even Hero shrank away, cowering beneath the dining room table with his tail tucked.

"Otto, please, I'm s -" he tried again, but his attempted apology held no effect. Bare heels resting against the bottom step now, he was forced to stop with Otto only inches away. Feeling cornered now, lest he high tail it up the staircase, something his pride simply would not allow, a spark of rebellion shone in his dark eyes. But he didn't act on it. Dexter dropped the gun on to the forth or fifth stair, where it landed with a metallic thump, and stood there under the verbal assault with flared nostrils and hard set eyes, teeth ground together so he didn't say something he'd regret.

When finally the other man turned away, moving past Jesse and the new woman he didn't even care about anymore, Dexter let the defiance drain from his posture and the slumped back on to the staircase, throbbing head in his hands.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
-------------------------
On Person
Items: 1
Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Backpack/In Room
Items: 5
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Hunting Knife, with Sheath
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight

Food: none
Water: none

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
Interaction: Dex
-

He made it to his house and unloaded his gun and grabbed one of the crossbows and about fifthteen bolts since he and Jesse had divided them between each other since Dex had the new lever action they had found and Evie had her bow. His anger still simmered but it was back at acceptable levels, as he was about to head out of the door he spied a box of ammo he had taken to give to Dex when the time seemed right, the side was marked 50 Action Express with a sigh Otto grabbed the box and headed outside. It was all much the same as it was before except Evie seemed to have retreated back into the house and Dex sat on the steps with his head in his hands while Jesse treated the woman, Otto walked over to where Dex sat while the crossbow was slung over his shoulder, he knew that Dex could see his feet and knew he was standing there but didn't say anything to him. Otto sighed. "I am more disappointed then I am angry Dex, you should know better then this by now." Otto's tone was softer now, like a parent speaking to their child almost. "I was saving this for a special occasion but..." Otto spoke as he let his words trail off before he laid the box of ammo for Dex's desert eagle on the steps next to him before turning and walked towards the back gated fence to dispatch the zombies.
-----
On person:
Crossbow
15x bolts
50 action express (Given to Dexter)

Aveline

Aveline froze up, glaring at the barrel of the man's rifle, her eyes widen at the threat of being thrown to the horde. "You're kidding!" His glare not going away. "You're not kidding... fuck." She had half a mind to open that gate back open and let the dead in if not for the rifle. Instead, she stood still until he grabbed her and pinned her to the ground. "Get off me!" she grunted, trying to wiggle out of his grip but going still at the feeling of rifle at her neck. She loosened the grip on her bat, not having a choice but to let him take it. 'I want that back later.' she would've said, knowing it was smart to keep quiet. She groaned, finally being given the privilege to stand again but wincing at her leg but walked to where she was told.

Aveline blatantly stood near the medic after. "Dieu, donne-moi la patience." she mumbled to herself, watching the man yell at the others. Her eyebrows furrowed a the statement of her being a murderer, she wouldn't have killed any of them but she doubt she was any position to speak up at the moment. "In a bit of pain here." she complained, looking to the medic.

(( "God, give me patience." ))
Items:

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Worn sneakers
- (Recently removed) Metal bat (weapon)

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Pistol
- 12x pistol rounds
- 2x Bottle water
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat
- (Recently collected) 1x Med-kit​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Otto, Ave
Cecilio was on the woman like a fly on honey quickly spraying his hands and forearms in disinfectant. He kept absolutely silent knowing if he broke it would incur Otto's wraith unto him though he felt the deep pit of guilt in his stomach when Otto spoke like a parent knowing the tone all to well from his childhood. He looked to the woman silently and pulled the gloves onto his hands with ease all to familiar with this. He examined the graze assessing how bad it was though he had seen much worse during his travels. He started cleaning it off and dabbing away any debris with an alcohol soaked cotton ball. After that he gave it a spritz of disinfectant and placed a gauze pad on the wound before promptly wrapping it up with a bandage. He looked to her not sure what to say though he offered her a two pill tab of Ibuprofen. He was a little unsure if he should apologize or just leave. He noted she spoke french and he attempted to convey an apology and after a few false starts and stammers with the struggle of remembering high school french he managed to say "Je suis vraiment désolé..." (I'm really sorry")

As for the treatment of her wound she would live and should be fine given she didn't get anything dangerous in it and his cleaning of the wound. All that could be done was give her some moderate painkillers and just let her deal with being in pain on that leg for a while. It was rare where he found himself treating the people he shot at though usually they weren't alive to long to where he could help them. He got up and closed the kit tossing the gloves away and he kept his eye on her from the time being not exactly used to having a 'prisoner'. He kept his hand on his pistol though he felt he probably wouldn't need to use it. He just made sure she didn't pass out or get sick not sure if she was in shock though she didn't look it.

--------------------------
Inventory
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot
Condiments
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)

1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Bowie Knife

Last edited:

uHBb1iN.jpg

Silence enveloped them as Otto stormed off, Dexter kneading his fingers through his hair, an action meant to comfort but only serving to agitate him further. Although he had a major resentment at being scolded like a misbehaving child, he had to admit that he was not entirely blameless, either... He and Evie HAD known about the possibility of people being in the area, and had chosen not to tell the others. Sure, it was in part for their own safety, to preserve the peace and relative tranquility that they had here... But a lie was a lie in the end no matter what, wasn't it?

Not looking up when Otto returned, nor when he continued to express his disappointment, Dexter didn't move until the man's footsteps receded once more. And even then it was only to move his hand enough to glance sidelong at the box that had been placed beside him.

It took him a moment to realize what it was, and when he did his eyes widened. Having rounds for the desert eagle wasn't something he thought would happen in the near future. It was a cumbersome weapon, an excessive one. Truthfully he only kept it because of its sentimental value. Finding ammunition for it was hard - this was the first he'd seen in almost a year.

Palming the box, he glanced over at Jesse. "He shouldn't go alone." He said quietly. "He's pissed. Might not be thinking straight." If Otto got hurt because of this, he'd never forgive himself.

Finally shifting his eyes to the woman, Dexter took in her appearance, gaze narrowing in confusion, but what probably looked like hostility. Something didn't add up. He frowned, trying to clear the alcohol induced fuzz from his brain so things made sense. She just... Didn't look the type. He doubted this woman knew how to set a snare any more than she knew how to survive on her own, without being a parasite on other people just trying to survive.

Rising and tucking his glock in the waistband of the shorts at the small of his back, Dexter stepped forward, gaze locked on hers but holding his hands out to show he was unarmed, in case Jesse took it as an act of hostility. "You." He confronted her. "Are you alone, or with a team? And do not fucking lie to me."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 2
Glock G29 (15 in clip)
Box of 50 rounds for Deagle (on stairs)

Backpack/In Room
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight

[/fieldbox]​

Aveline

Aveline sat patiently, allowing the medic to patch her up even though she jolted and sucked her teeth every once and a while. "Ow!" she yelped, slapping his hand. "Non mais oh." Yet she appreciated him and even more so when he handed her the ibuprofen, she sucked up her attitude and thanked him, downed the pills, she watched him as he attempted to apologize to her in French. She nodded at the poorly spoken sentence. "Oh, that was… nevermind." She looked away from the medic and mumbled. "Thanks."

(( There's no proper translation, she's just complaining. ))

She caught glimpse of the medic keeping hand of his firearm but before she could speak up another came up and began to interrogate her, noting that it was the drunk one. "Careful or your daddy's gonna be pissed." She insulted him, shook her head and scoffed. "Doesn't matter, as soon I'm all healed up and les mort are gone, I'll be out of your hair. 'kay?" Aveline glared back at the man.

Items:

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Worn sneakers

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Pistol
- 12x pistol rounds
- 2x Bottle water
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat
- (Recently collected) 1x Med-kit​

uHBb1iN.jpg

He didn't immediately react to her words, though having Otto referred to as his "daddy" like he was a child infuriated him. Taking a breath, Dexter shot a quick glance at Jesse, gauging his position and calculating a draw and fire reaction timeframe. Fairly confident he could beat him to it, Dexter reached around and snatched the glock from his waistband, immediately training it on the woman's center mass. "Listen to me and listen carefully." He said, taking a few steps back and putting distance between him and Jesse. He didn't know if the man was brave (or stupid?) enough to try and wrestle a loaded gun away from him, but he damn sure wasn't going to remain in melee range long enough to find out.

Dexter had no intention of shooting anyone, least of all Jesse. But since this woman had heard Otto tear into him, she seemed to think he was a pushover, and he needed to change that to get the information he required. Reaching up to rack the slide on the glock, the sound of a round settling definitively into the chamber broke the silent tension. "If you don't answer my question, you will not walk out of here alive." His eyes slid to Jesse, an unspoken apology hanging in the air, before returning his gaze to Ave. "And I won't miss from four feet away, that I promise you. Now I'll ask once more. Are you working alone?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Backpack/In Room
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Dex, Ave
Cecilio was shocked and practically appalled at Dex's actions when he drew his pistol and pointed it at the woman. "Jesus fucking Christ Dex! Slow the roll there." He said getting between him and the woman blocking his shot. "This isn't how we do things! We're acting like raiders for christ sake." Cecilio voiced his concern not about to let his Leader pop someone on the suspicion they 'might' be affiliated with a group. "You and I both know raiders aren't this clever plus I doubt a lot of groups are missing their french translator. As for you." He said turning to Ave "I don't condone harm to prisoners but you'd do well to us the truth. Remember I'm a medic and I know all the ways to make someone hurt without killing them. I'd rather we not resort to violence though..." Cecilio hoped the woman would see and take the opportunity he was offering her to be truthful. He knew Dex wouldn't shoot him and less likely the woman though pointing a gun at someone was a gesture not to be made lightly towards anyone. It was a little unerving to put himself in danger for this woman he didn't even knew but he could at least tell when things were starting to get out of hand and that's what was starting to happen at the moment.

Inventory
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot
Condiments
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Bowie Knife

Aveline

"You'd shoot me?" Aveline scooted back from the gun, her eyes only focused on the barrel. "You're going to shoot me? And what, draw more dead? You're crazy." She kept scooted away a bit more until the medic jumped in front of the gun. Her eyes widened, shocked by the drunk barking at her and the medic who was risking his life for her. Not to mention the thought of the medic harming her just to get a simple answer. She rolled her eyes, looking between the two and the gun, sighed. "I'm alone. I… wandered." She chocked down her past thoughts. "I'm alone." She repeated. "Now get that gun out of my face."

Items:

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Worn sneakers

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Pistol
- 12x pistol rounds
- 2x Bottle water
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat

[fieldbox="Wesley | Location: North of Ballamory, lawngreen, solid"]

6hmYQT7.jpg

"Yes sir." Nodding at Ryan's orders as his uncle walked off, Wesley scrambled up off the sleeping bag, immediately kicking dirt on to the campfire. It hissed and fizzled out, leaving only the glowing coals, which he covered with more dirt, until pitch darkness finally settled over them. Not much moonlight filtered through the thick tree cover, so it took a long moment for his eyes to adjust long enough to find Conner and Riley. "You heard him guys." He reminded them. "We need to stay here and create a perimeter, we'll be safer."

He knew that Conner was likely to agree - he trusted Ryan's leadership and experience. But Riley on the other hand had a bad habit of doing whatever the hell she wanted to do, whenever she wanted to do it. He supposed that's probably what led to them finding her in that car, pursued by a dozen Infected, unarmed and alone so many months ago. But Riley also didn't like to talk about her past - with him at least - so he didn't know for sure. He did follow suit, though, rolling up his sleeping bag and tying it to the front of his backpack. If shit hit the fan, he'd prefer being able to just grab their stuff and go. They always had a backup plan... this time, it was to meet at the Minden town hall a few miles off. But he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Drawing a shaky breath, Wesley pulled his pistol from its holster at his hip, going through the motions that Ryan had taught him: checking that it was fully loaded, taking the safety off, and loading a round into the chamber. He was still, even after all these months, uneasy about using firearms, but he knew how at least, and wouldn't hesitate to put one in an Infected that was threatening himself or anyone in their group. Pointing the weapon at the ground for now, Wesley waited, as instructed.
"It's been so long since we've encountered other people." He whispered to his friends, desperate to break the silence.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Items: 6
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (4), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (full), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Cecilio, Ave

Evie had watched most of the arguments take place without putting in much of her own opinion - strangely enough. It was only when Cecilio tried to interrupt Dex's interrogation of the girl that she found she couldn't contain the frustration beneath the pacifying lid of her hangover any longer.

"So shooting at her as she tries to run is okay, but finding out what we need to know isn't?" she questioned, cynically. Her eyes fell fiercely on Cecilio before she looked to the girl. "I can shoot you with my bow and it wouldn't draw anymore infected," she threatened, something of a dark look passing over her. "The last time someone said they were alone, we had to fight off a pack of raiders. How do we know you're not the same?" she asked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
[/spoili]​
[spoili]
WHuSBCh.jpg

[/spoili]

C3576539-1502322609168447large.jpg

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Aveline
Interactions: Dex and Jesse

Lizzie knew she was leaving her room late but, that didn't bother her as much as it should. She had gotten caught up in her book and was having slight trouble putting it down. Not to mention she was reading from her first aid book, trying to be more helpful to the group than just keeping infected at bay. Sadly Elizabeth wasn't good with a gun, though she wants to as Otto or Jesse for help. There was no way she was asking Dex, he already had a lot to do, at least that's what she assumed. Heaving a sigh she made her way to HQ, running when she heard gunshot. Either someone's being an idiot or there's another person there. Lizzie really hoped someone decided to be an idiot today.

Walking into HQ she came face to face with her group and some women. Blankly starring she assessed the situation. Dex was holding a guy to Jesse who was in front of the mystery women. Well that's something you don't see everyday. "Um...am I interrupting something? Cause this is something you don't see everyday. Who's the women by the way?" Elizabeth asked confused after looking at everyone.

Inventory

On Person (3)
Childhood Katana
Colt 1911(8 in clip - 20 boxed)
Small Romeo and Juliet book

In Apartment (5)
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket
First aid book and kit

Outfit
c600x600.jpg

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Aren't that clever?" Dexter demanded. "Jesse we almost died at that hotel. The only reason we didn't is because they underestimated us, and we had the higher ground." He dropped his arm, gun pointed to the floor as a pit of disgust settled in his stomach at the memory of blasting the strangers through the door before they had any idea what was going on. He'd killed one or two of them then, immediately giving them the upper hand, but it wasn't something he was proud of. Shooting first and asking questions later wasn't something anyone should be proud of, even in this fucked up world.

Evie's outburst from behind startled him, and he blinked, glancing over to look at her and inclining his head in a gesture of thanks for backing him up. He was happy she'd been quiet until now, having escaped Otto's wrath even if it was at his expense. He had no desire to harm anyone in their group, but had the man spoken to Evie in the same aggressive manner he had to Dexter, a fight likely would have been inevitable.

Another figure appeared in the darkened doorway then in the form of Elizabeth. "We had some trouble with an uninvited guest." He replied, gesturing towards the woman. "She brought some Infected back to the gate, Otto went to take care of them."

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Backpack/In Room
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Dex, Ave, Evie
Cecilio looked more frustrated "You almost got killed because they were after her and you killed a good chunk of their guys first. Thankfully you're still alive but where we are isn't exactly going to make it easy for them. I say we search her and then demand answers. I've been with other groups before where we killed people just over assumption and I really don't want that to be the case here." He said at least giving his reason. When Evie gave her threat he looked to her slightly pissed by her tone. "You'd do well to make good on your threats otherwise keep them to yourself. As for shooting while running I thought she killed Otto. I imagine if you had similar concerns of Dex's safety you would do something close to what I did." He said at least giving a reason for his rash actions. "If we need to interrogate her lets not go crazy over it. I'd rather we not go into the madness of accusations and 'what-ifs'... "

Inventory
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot
Condiments
1x Riot Gear suit
1x Bowie Knife

Aveline

Aveline scoffed at the red haired woman's sudden presence, her eyebrows furrowed and she blinked a couple times. "This isn't last time, Annie." She stood and stepped closer to the woman. "I get it's a hard-knock life out here, but be smart enough to know a threat. 'kay pumpkin?" She immediately sat back down to rest her leg again, becoming agitated now from the bickering and the lack of sleep. Having to convince the group that she was alone irritated her the most, she didn't, more so couldn't, even have friends anymore. Even before she came to their camp she had second thoughts on stealing from them.

But what really got to her was the medic, how he upright defended her. Hearing how people who could've been innocent being murdered over assumption, she shook her head. Aveline understood the groups tension and motives, understanding they didn't trust her upfront, but she was unsure of the medic. He didn't stick by their team but she was grateful, she didn't want to die. 'The living weren't good anymore.' she thought, no wonder they didn't trust her.

Another one of their members came in view, confused as of what was going on. Aveline waved when they mentioned her.

Items:
ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Worn sneakers

IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Pistol
- 12x pistol rounds
- 2x Bottle water
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Conner & Wesley
Mentioned: Ryan & Jack

Riley had just finished packing up her's and Conner's things when Ryan had appeared. Relief swept over her once she saw that Ryan was okay. Now all that was left was to find Jack before investigating where the gunshots had come from. Though before Riley could even voice her little plan Ryan had put a stop to it. She watched quietly as he gave them on instructions on what to do while waiting. Also adding that he wanted them to signal before running if needed. What the hell!

"Understood, be careful." Conner said before he watched Ryan leave to go look for Jack and see what was going on. Once the older male was out of sight he turned to look at Wesley and Riley. Wesley had started to put out the campfire and Riley was just staring where Ryan had went.

"You heard him guys. We need to stay here and create a perimeter, we'll be safer."
Conner looked to Wesley and nodded before he looked back to Riley. He could see that she was deep in thought.
"Riley..." Conner called out trying to grab her attention.

Riley's eyes snapped between Conner and Wesley. Were they really just going to let Ryan go off on his own like that.
"You're kidding me right? Are the two of you actually okay with Ryan going off on his own?" Though before either of the men could reply Riley was throwing Conner's bag at him. "For all we know Jack's been attacked and Ryan is walking right into the same situation. You two can do whatever you want but I refuse to sit here and do nothing." Riley said before she swung her pack onto her back and grabbed her rifle. Riley had swore to herself that she wouldn't allow herself to feel hopeless like she had all those months ago. Everything she had trained for was so that she could protect herself and those around her.

Conner caught his bag but let it drop to the ground when he saw Riley starting to head after Ryan. "Riley!" Conner growled out before he grabbed the teen's arm. "Don't think for a second that you're the only one worried about Ryan. Of course I would rather be by his side to make sure nothing went wrong. But I also trust him and his decisions. He hasn't lead us wrong yet." Conner said sternly as he looked at Riley. He knew that her heart was in the right place but her running off wouldn't help anyone. He hated to have to be so stern with her but when Riley got worked up it was necessary. To say that Riley could be a loose cannon at times was an understatement.

"For all we know Jack is completely fine and it's some stray person firing at infected. We don't need to jump to conclusions and throw ourselves into danger for no reason. For now let's just wait and see what Ryan finds out." He said before he pushed some of Riley's hair out of her face. "But...what if something happens to him." Riley muttered out as she looked down at the ground. "I just want to help..." She hated feeling like burden. Riley was the youngest and the only female which only fueled her need to prove herself.

Conner watched as the emotions flash over Riley's face. She was so easy to read. Worry and aggravation were the main two at the moment. "Compromise with me?" Conner asked. "Let's do it Ryan's way and if he's not back by sunrise. I'll go with you and we can go look for him and Jack." He said, seeing this as best solution that Conner could possibly keep Riley at bay.

Looking at Conner, Riley sighed and nodded her head.
"Fine." She said before she turned back to their little makeshift camp. "I'll keep watch from higher ground." Was all she said to the two before she stopped at the bottom of a tree. She then put the strap of her rifle over her shoulder and proceeded to climb up the tree. Thankfully years of gymnastic made climbing trees easy.

Conner watched Riley for a second before he looked back to Wesley. "Looks like we're on ground duty. In least you plan on following Riley's lead and feel like climbing a tree." Conner said before he grabbed his bag and smirked at his friend.

rsz_conner1.jpg

INVENTORY
Riley

[spoili]
On Person
Items: 1

CX4 Strom Beretta (13 in clip)

Backpack

Sleeping Bag
Family Picture (Mom, Dad, Dex, Hero & Riley)
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)
Journal
Black Pens (2)

Food: Skittles (1) KitKats (2) Canned Ravioli (2)
Water: 16oz bottle (3)
[/spoili]

Conner
[spoili]
On Person

Springfield Armory XDm (19 in clip)
Dogtags

Backpack
Items: 3

Sleeping Bag
Letters from group home kids
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)

Food: MRE Sealed (3) Chips (2) Canned Ravioli (2)
Water: 16oz bottle (3 full, 1 half full)
[/spoili]

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Cecilio, Ave

Evie couldn't quite believe what she was hearing coming out Cecilio's mouth. Whether it was the intoxication from the whiskey, the throbbing in her head or simply an outright cessation of her tolerance, Evie boiled over.

"You weren't at the hotel, though, were you? You have no idea what it was like! If you're so confident in these bloody walls that it'd protect us from raiders, how do you explain her!?" she demanded, jutting her finger towards Ave. Speaking of Ave, hearing her comment, Evie's focus shifted for a moment. "I'll come to you later." Her eyes fell back on Cecilio once more, tears seemingly starting to well up in them and her face boiling red with rage. "And, oh I'll make good on my threats, alright. Starting with you! And you know what? I would have shot her if she'd harmed Dex, I'd have shot her if she harmed you, I'd have shot her if she harmed anyone. So what's Dex got to do with it!? I mean, if you're so interested, yes we got drunk together, yes we're sleeping with each other. Now how's about you pull your heard straight out your fucking arsehole and realize we have a problem here! Wavy morals just aren't going to cut it, Jesse!" She waved her hands in front of her face. "You know what? Do it your way... I'm out." She turned to start walking back to the HQ building.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
WHuSBCh.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Hexatech

uHBb1iN.jpg

Simply at a loss for words, Dexter shook his head, eyes locked on Jesse. The ferocity in which he was protecting this interloper was equal parts baffling and infuriating. Especially considering he'd been the one to shoot her in the first place. It just didn't make sense. It was like someone had taken Jesse and Otto and replaced them with doppelgangers. His eyes shifted to Elizabeth, who was staring, confused, at the situation. At least she seemed to be acting normally. Well, as normally as one could be while watching four people standing in the driveway screaming at each other in the middle of the night.

After Evie stormed back into the house, Dexter finally spoke again, voice strangely calm and level. "She's... not going anywhere." He started, knowing that come morning, they'd all have a chance to look at this with clearer heads and recant any brash decision making. "But seriously, dude..." He let out a long sigh, the anger drained from him. "You need to sort out your priorities. This..." He pointed first at Jesse, then Elizabeth, himself, and in Evie and Otto's general directions. "This is family, man..." Finally his finger came to rest on Avelin. "She's not family."

Taking a step backwards, he cleared the chamber of his gun, slipping the unspent bullet into the pocket of his shorts. "You just think about that, yeah? Everything we've been through, everything we've survived, is because we knew how to stick together. Because we're a family, and family protects each other." He shook his head sadly.

"Unless you plan on letting her go, or just giving her free run of the place, the basement locks from the outside."
He hitched a thumb over his shoulder towards #1. "We'll figure out where to go from there in the morning, in Otto's meeting. But for now the decision's yours, because quite frankly I'm no longer interested in being a leader to people who question my judgement at every fucking turn." He glanced at Elizabeth again, gaze soft and apologetic. "I'd get some sleep if I were you, tomorrow is going to be a long day." Turning his shoulder very pointedly to Jesse, he walked back towards the house, palming Hero's head as he crossed the threshold, and snatching the box of ammunition off the staircase. He left the front door open, because even if his suggestion had been only that, he still hoped that Jesse would take it and secure the woman before she could cause even more trouble.

Tiredly making his way upstairs and to his bedroom, he sat the box on top of his dresser, fished the bullet out of his pocket and sat it on top, rechecking the safety and tucking the gun again into the small of his back. Dexter approached Evie's room, tapping a knuckle on the closed door. "Evie? You alright?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Glock G29 (14 in clip)

Backpack/In Room
Box of 50 rounds for Deagle
Box of 51 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit