Mission: Z, IC

[fieldbox="Wesley | Location: North of Ballamory, lawngreen, solid"]

6hmYQT7.jpg

Although he was curious about why Jack hadn't come back with Ryan, especially since they were supposed to be moving on today, Wes didn't pry. If his uncle was keeping something from them, it was for good reason. Not everyone had a cool head, and sometimes even the slightest inconvenience was enough to send someone into a frothing rage. Unwrapping the candy bar, Wes licked the chocolate off of his fingers before taking a bite of it, leaning back against the tree and twisting his neck to one side to crack it. Sleeping slumped against a tree trunk probably hadn't been the best idea, as now he was sore and tense all over, but ripping himself out of a sleeping bag should they come under attack would have been an even bigger problem.

"It was probably just Jack popping some Infected." Wesley replied in response to Conner's question. But he knew he was wrong - Jack was, probably, the least trigger happy out of the entire group, and he was a survivalist if Wes ever saw one. There'd be few things worrisome enough to make him fire his weapon like that.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
-------------------------
On Person
Items: 6
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (3), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (full), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dex, Jack (Collab With JJ)

As Dexter kissed her, she sighed somewhat heavier than she wanted to allow herself. Not that it was due to anything negative. In a way, it felt like a 1000KG had been lifted from her shoulders for just a moment. Her lips curled up slightly at one side in response to his question.

"Sorry I wasn't very... talkative last night," she said in a confessional tone.

"Don't blame you." he replied. "Can't say I would have been much good company myself." Reaching the gate, he took a moment to survey the area, trying to assess what exactly had happened here last night between Otto and Aveline. There were some scuff marks in the grass, and not much else. But the smell of corpses was apparent, even from this side of the fence. "Smells like Otto had an interesting time, though." He knelt to pat Hero. "Go on, go play." He rubbed the dog's ears. It was weird, not having the dog with him 24/7 now, but now that they had a fence, and an area safe enough to leave him, it would be foolish to risk his life just to go on patrol. Hero was far too important.

Sliding the bolt back on the gate as Hero padded off, he swung it open, stepping through with his hand on his knife just in case. But all of the Infected here were dead, and no threat to anything but his sense of smell. "Remind me to get these moved further away and burned." He said.

"Sure thing," Evie winced, pegging her nose with her fingers. She followed Dex though the field of corpses and off towards the treeline. "So... slightly different patrol route?" she asked.

"Ah… well." He glanced over with a nonchalant shrug. "Kinda had something else in mind honestly." His eyes fell to the ground, searching for tracks. He was by no means a great tracker, but the perpetual humidity kept the ground here soft, and it was difficult to not leave a trail, especially if you weren't being careful. "Jesse and Otto's new best friend says she's alone. But after the hotel…" He rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know. Better safe than sorry I guess. You know?"

"Yeah... I know..." she gulped. If Dex was a bad tracker then Evie was by far the worst. Simply opting to stay out of his way, she hung back and followed in a few paces behind him. "So... what do you think to... you know... last night?"

"I think it was handled very poorly, and-" he stopped, looking momentarily confused. "Oh."

"Oh?"

"No, no, I didn't mean that, sorry. I thought we were talking about the bad stuff. With the others." He cleared his throat. "I had a lot of fun last night." He peered over at her. "...Did you?"

"I had a lot of fun last night, yes," she replied, lips curling up into a mischievous smile. "But I was talking about the bad stuff," she affirmed, still not losing her smile. It was cute how awkward he was being around the subject. For once, she wasn't the one stumbling over words like some sort of love-intoxicated school-girl.

"Oh." He parroted her, suddenly feeling incredibly stupid. "I, uh… yeah. That was handled poorly. And I'm not sure it's something that is just going to go away." He didn't mention the fact that Aveline had been offered, and accepted, a place in their group, because quite frankly he wasn't ready for the anger. Even if it would most likely not be directed at him. They moved together through the trees, Dexter trying to keep a straight path from one footprint to the other.

"Yeah, I know. I just can't understand why Cecilio would defend her. It seems ridiculous," she sighed. As the two foraged further into the trees, Evie moved a little closer to Dex, snatching his arm and pulling him into a hug as if from nowhere. He froze for a second, arms coming up around her.

"You OK?"

"Yeah," she nodded into his shoulder. "I just wanted you to to know it's going to be okay, you know? It's not going to be like it was at the hotel ever again. We'll be fine." Her words were spoken strongly and firmly but it was somehow still obvious she was saying it as much for her own benefit as his. He nodded, too, fingers lightly caressing her back in a gesture of comfort, until she released from the hug, stepping back and placing her hands in her pocket, offering him a warm smile, which he returned. "We'll be fine," she repeated.

Almost as soon as she had finished, however, the snapping of a branch was heard off to their side. "If you want to stay that way I suggest you cooperate," a deep voice called from their flank. Emerging from cover, a man with short hair and rugged beard approached slowly, an M4A1 rifle pointed straight at the two. "Now don't make the mistake of thinking I don't know how to or won't have the guts to use this."

Cursing under his breath and hating himself for not paying closer attention, Dexter narrowed his gaze on the man and fought the urge to immediately draw his own weapon. Instead, to curb the desire, he held his hands up in "I surrender" fashion, taking a couple very slow, cautious steps to put himself in between the stranger and Evie. "Listen, we don't want any trouble." He said, eyes taking in the man's perfect posture, his finger just beside the trigger and ready to fire. He was obviously skilled with his weapon, and didn't seem to be bluffing. And there was no chance Dex would be able to reach for his gun before the man could open fire on both of them.

Jack's eyes narrowed at Dexter's positioning and then even more so at the words leaving his mouth. "Step aside, I want to have good eyes on both you and your little ginger darling, there," he warned. "Nothing personal, sweetheart."

Evie forced a feigned, spiteful smile at the man, her own hands mimicking Dex's.

Despite the request Dexter didn't move. "The woman is unharmed, if she's part of your group and wants to come back she's free to do so. She's not a prisoner. Just let us go and there's no harm done." The anger from last night had resurfaced plainly on his face. Except here, the target of his frustration wasn't a member of his own group. If he got his hands on his man… it was going to be a bloodbath. But for now, if he wanted to keep them alive, the smart thing to do was to play along.

"I don't know anything about that girl. Whether she's unharmed or not ain't any of my business. But what is my business is a fortified settlement with what sounds like a large enough arsenal to be a serious fucking threat."

"An arsenal?" Dex repeated, confused. Had these people been spying on them the entire time? If they didn't have any connection to Aveline, why would they be, unless they were raiders? But raiders didn't take prisoners to question, and were generally the shoot first, ask questions later type. It didn't add up.

Jack inclined his head off to the right. "I ain't the chump with the mouth, though. So walk. I know someone who's going to have a lot of questions for you two."

"Listen, I think there's been some sort of misunderstanding." Dex moved slowly, touching Evie's arm and nodding in the direction the crazed man wanted them to go, but never actually taking his eyes off Jack as they started moving. "You're making a mistake here." His voice was quiet but there was an obvious threat in the words.

"Ya-da-ya-da-ya-da, just walk." Jack fell in behind the two as they moved, gun held low but still trained on their backs at all times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ave
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Ave

Aveline heard more wandering steps being made in her direction, another undead that she could childishly play with. She walked towards it, circling around it as it struggled to keep up and grab at her. After a minute of playing keep away, Aveline finally kicked at its knee, then took a step back to allow it to push itself back up only for her to knock it down again. She repeated the action a couple times before she made it stay down and began hitting it with the stick, the groggy and growling made her disgusted, not more that the smell though.

Cecilio had eventually returned from the HQ after doing some tinkering with Dex's new lever action rifle. His hands were slightly greasy black from cleaning though as well cleaned as they could be. He had an MRE pack in his arms with another for Ave figuring she was hungry after being out and about for a few hours. He also brought her a spare canteen full of water knowing she probably was thirsty given the heat wasn't exactly fun. He was a little surprised to see her taunting and attacking an infected. He quickly headed out to meet her as he set down the meals and drew his Rifle. "Are you alright?" He questioned a little worried she may have been attacked or bitten.

"I.." she started, getting a few more blows on the undead before sticking the stick into its temple. She looked up to the man. "..am alright. How are you?" she asked before throwing the stick, she wasn't interested in all honesty. Looking at the canteen and MRE pack she wondered how long she had actually been out here, she wasn't one to keep track time anymore. "I was bored and…" she gestured to the dead undead. "Well I needed to make due. "

"Hmmm well I do have a few books you could read if you wanted." He said as he picked up the food and shouldering his rifle again. "Well it's noon so I brought you some food and water and before you worry it's safe. I even left it in its plastic." He said offering her the canteen. "You're very comfortable with bashing them aren't you?" He questioned her killing method a little. He didn't have an issue with it rather he preferred it as it meant she was even more prime for sneaking around. "I figured I could eat with you and keep you company." He said making an effort to be friends with her.

"Noon?" Aveline looked up at the sky then at their shadows."Huh…" it was all just a blur to her. She took the offered goods and thanked him. She stood for a second to think, she knew she hadn't eaten since yesterday yet she wasn't craving. Aveline appreciated his care for thinking the food had been tampered with and opened the pack, taking bits and pieces, not wanting to make a mess. "I'm comfortable when they are dead, but there's no harm in playing…" she had to cut herself off from talking. "Well," She chuckled. "I'm not much of a company person." she stated. Remembering how she would talk to people for hours before the virus invaded. "There's not much to talk about anyways."

"I always feel like there's something to talk about. Well depending on the subject. Apart from everyone fiddling while rome burns...erm while the world burns I mean. So far most talk for me is usually people asking how the rest of the world fairs and well...It's not good. Europe was up in smoke last I heard and that was….one year ago. It was a mess though well if this doesn't work out cowboys are very much in back on the west coast."
He said recalling people started to flee to old ghost towns from the times of before seeming to progress backwards in time in a sense of Irony. "Never thought I'd be the first history major to watch the 21st century willingly revert back to the 19th." He chuckled. "Sorry if I ramble a little usually...I don't get the chance to talk to much any more not unless Ringo's just going to sit there."He admitted hoping not to bore her.

Aveline chuckled at "fiddling while Rome burns". She started to listen until she began to stare off into space and lost track until the mention of the dogs name. "Right…" she mumbled, drinking some of her water. "Not much of a history buff, more of a uh… flower/plant gal."

"Botanist?" He asked looking over to her as he tore open the MRE packaging not sure of what was in it. All he knew about it was that it was well within date and he only had to worry about the aftermath of it cutting through him. "All I recall about plants is that rubbing rule or whatever it is. Seemed kinda interesting though never was my favorite thing since fixing people was more my click and guns too. Maybe you can help us out with our garden?" He questioned. He looked to the menu item "Hmm...Oh Lemon Pepper tuna. Well there's a stroke of luck." He said with a smile.

"Hm…" she listened more than she talked, nodding when he asked about her profession. "Mostly looking at cells through a microscope and watching how they develop, and watching how plants grow over time…" taking a moment, she realized she hadn't shared anything about herself in a while. She wanted to slap herself; 'No more sharing.' she told herself. She took a look into her MRE pack, nuts and berries, she was content with that. Looking back up at him when he mentioned the garden a part of her jolted, she remembered her houseplants and experiments she'd do. She brought the canteen to her lips, letting out a "Maybe." she wouldn't mention that she'd actually be content with that, she wasn't entirely sure of being "normal" again. The silence had already been more than enough, but to have something familiar like her job again, she wasn't sure.

Cecilio smiled a little when she said 'maybe'. "Well any help is appreciated so thank you....Feels...odd doesn't it?" He asked her turning to look at her. "Things kind of...feel normal for once…" He said opening a pack of crackers then the tuna. He spread the fish on the cracker and ate it noting the taste was extremely good for something that had been in a stockroom for nearly a year and a half. "Sorry if this is weird. I guess I'm kind of more open than other folks…" He apologized if the conversation was feeling forced.

"I don't." She replied, being able to openly talk with others wasn't one of her strongest attributes. She glanced at his pack, tuna honestly disgusted her but she'd eat it to keep from starving. She was grateful for the nuts and berries as well someone else trying to be nice to her. "People now are dangerous. Opening up can be dangerous." She stated. "Being alone feels more content for me." She said quietly.

"That depends on the person. I'm the closest thing to a doctor so not many get to afford being quiet with me. I've got to know allergies what kind of medicine or food they're allergic to. Past medical conditions and history. Silly to think about but if I gave you those painkillers i'd probably have been fired how the world was before...but that's the past." He said as he finished off the tuna and crackers. He was surprised to see he got dried Mangoes in the meal and he quickly opened them seeming to take to it like a hungry dog. It had been a while since he had sweets so he couldn't really help himself.

Aveline shrugged, knowing that his medical background could make him naturally more open. Only rolling her eyes and pouting at not being agreed with but still respected his thoughts on the matter. "D'accord…" she mumbled. "I know you said you'd do your best, but is there any progress on my bat?" That's what was missing from her, usually she twirled it and lean on it to pass time when she wasn't beating the dead. "And I'm assuming there aren't hard feelings, right? Even when I almost swung on your dogs…" she mumbled the last part.

Cecilio looked a little more skeptical on that not sure when everyone would be back. "Well that's up for debate. Otto's showing our youngest how to shoot so I'm not sure how long his lesson would be especially given she's probably not the best at shooting. I'd also prefer to avoid going through his things without his permission…" He said tossing the wrapper for the mangoes on the floor. "Besides you seem to be making due even if it's a far cry from a bat." He smiled at her. "Trust me though when there is time I'll make sure you get your bat back."

"You all just...play by Otto's rules?" Aveline questioned, scowling at him. "Not once have any of you broken his rules?" She felt tempted to go back into Otto's home and get the bat herself, yet knowing she made a promise she'd force herself not to take matters into her own hands so early. She'd have to wait, no matter how impatient she was. Only pouting and grumbling.

"No. Just common respect. You wouldn't like it if we gave you a house and then went through it when you weren't around. Plus I have no idea where Otto put it and neither do you. Given how nice we've been I don't think you'd want to ruin that with impatience. Just relax. I'm not one to break promises. Here." He placed his knife on her lap offering it a collateral. "I'll be sure to get your bat back to you. Remember a watched pot never boils." He said reminding her wanting something made getting it seem like an eternity.

Inventory
1x Pistol [returned]
12x Pistol rounds [returned]
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Bowie Knife (Traded)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
Ibuprofen

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot
Condiments
1x Riot Gear suit

Characters: Every dang body

Finally tearing his eyes away from Jack, Dex fixed his gaze straight ahead, though having a gun pointed at his back made his skin prickle uncomfortably. He was now confident that he wasn't going to just shoot them, and hopefully this person they were being taken to was a bit more reasonable than the lunatic with the rifle. He supposed to Aveline, this would be some sort of poetic justice… after all, hadn't they done just this to her, only last night? The thought wasn't a pleasant one. "It was you guys who set that snare up by the road, wasn't it?" He said finally, an attempt to break the silent tension that the forced march instilled. But he got no answer.

They seemed to be going along an unbeaten path, trudging through tall grasses and in no discernible direction. That would make it difficult for them to find their way back if they went too much further. Before long, he heard voices up ahead, and his fingers twitched towards his gun, longing for the feel of cold steel in his hands.

"I know what you're thinking. I wouldn't do it if I were you," Jack warned. "I don't exactly relish the idea of putting holes in you and your pretty little girl here, but I will if I have to."

Dex didn't reply, only clenched his fists and continued walking. The smell of a campfire permeated the air, though he didn't see any flames, and a break in the trees up ahead signaled the start of some sort of clearing. Pausing, he glanced back. "Your 'friends' aren't going to shoot us on sight, are they? You may want to take point so they know it's you."

Jack didn't bother to give an answer. Instead, he simply brought his fingers to his lips, whistling loudly to indicate their position. He knew for a fact that Ryan would recognize the particular tune he was whistling so it was always a good indicator, if any, of his return. The last thing he wanted was Riley diving out of a tree and cutting him to pieces.

Evie's eyes fell on Dexter for a moment and despite the redhead's usual tenacity for survival somehow all she could think about was the inevitable end. She wouldn't let them take them down easy, however, yet still her mind could only contemplate ways to get Dexter out first.

"Jack!?" Ryan's voice came from just ahead.

Wesley's head snapped up at the whistle, concerned, but Ryan seemed to recognize it as Jack, so he wrapped the remaining candy bar up and stuffed it in his pocket, rising to his feet. "Finally." He started. "I am ready to get out of these woods and away from the dang mosquitoes-" he stopped mid-sentence, though, when it wasn't Jack that emerged from the treeline, but a pair of people he didn't recognize. Too stunned to even grab for his weapon he just stood there, dumbstruck.

"Wes, it's okay," Ryan said, calmly, holding his hand out. "Jack, you better have a good explanation for this."

Conner looked over toward where the sound came from. When he heard Ryan say Jack's name he relaxed, though when two others appeared first he became tense. His hand rested on his gun ready to draw it quickly. Who were these people? Did they capture Jack and use him to get to their camp? No, Jack was too smart for that. So for now he would wait and see what was happening.

Riley lounged up in the tree comfortably watching clouds pass. She had heard the whistle, and glanced down, but the tree's leaves blocked her view. Though from the talking she could hear, nothing sounded too out of hand, so she decided to just relax. If they needed her, Conner or one of the guys would call for her.

Before long, all the figures had emerged from the treeline, Jack still holding the gun towards their backs. His eyes glanced to Ryan quickly and then back to Evie and Dex.

"These two are from that settlement we were watching... caught 'em walking back in the trees following a trail. Didn't want to take any risks of them coming back here with full firepower," Jack explained. "Reckon'd you'd wanna have a talk with 'em."

Ryan ran his thumb over his lips, thinking for a moment. Given the look in the captured male's eyes, this wasn't exactly going to be a positive diplomatic negotiation. "Put them over by the fire," he instructed, a wish to which Jack acquiesced immediately. The pair went without a fight, sitting close together near the remains of the campfire.

"Shouldn't we like… disarm them first?" Wes asked nervously, eyeing both guns and the bow.

Conner looked towards Wes and nodded. "I'll do it." He said, walking over to the two strangers. "Try anything stupid and I promise my friends won't think twice about ending you both." Conner moved towards the female of the two first. "I'll be taking that." He said before he went to disarm the woman of the bow.

Evie scowled up at the man but still kept her silence. Begrudgingly, she allowed the bow to be pulled off her back. Her eyes looked to Dex, wanting to see how he was handling it. She knew his temper ran the risk of getting the better of him. It was just that that temper could get them killed.

Keeping silent, Dexter watched the man close the gap between them. Taking a long, slow breath, he waited until Conner was in arm's reach before he struck, leaping for him as he reached to take Evie's bow. His fist slammed into the other man's jaw, and the two of them went to the ground, wrestling for dominance. Struggling to keep one arm locked across Conner's throat, he fumbled for his gun. He knew they wouldn't risk firing on them for fear of hitting their own man - and if he could get a gun on Conner, he might be able to hostage their way out of this without any casualties. At least until they told the others what had happened.

"Hey!" Jack shouted, closing the distance quickly before jamming the stock of his rifle into Dex's spine. Gasping in surprise and anger as pain lanced up and down his spine, Dexter released Conner's throat, ripping his gun finally from its holster and rolling off the other man where he lay half-raised on his elbows, winded.

"Dex!" Evie screamed in protest, raising to her feet and attempting to tackle Jack to the ground... an effort inevitably in vain. Grabbing her by the hair, he threw her to the ground and raised his rifle towards her. Dex responded by cocking the Glock from his position on the ground, trained on Jack's head, though his hand shook from a mixture of rage and fear for both their lives. He'd gambled and lost, and if they both died now it would be his fault.

"Enough!" Ryan interrupted, voice uncharacteristically authoritative and booming as he let off a single shot into the air.

Conner growled as he scrambled up off of the ground. "You bastard! I should kill you!" He even had half the mind to shoot the man right then and there. But Ryan had ended all thoughts of that the moment he shot his gun. Conner looked over to Ryan and could tell he was pissed, which at this moment he didn't want to be on the other end of. So instead he took a few steps away from the two strangers.

Riley could hear the yells from below. What was going on down there? Deciding it was time to see for herself, she started to make her way down the tree. About halfway down the sound of a gunshot spooked her. Losing her footing, Riley slipped from the branch she had been jumping down to. "What the hell?" She yelled as she finally got her footing, but his wasn't before her back smacked a different branch on the way down. Not having time to dwell on her throbbing back, Riley quickly jumped down out of the tree. "What's going on?! And who am I punching for causing me to fall?"

Completely ignoring Conner's threat, Dexter kept the gun on Jack, as it was him who had the gun on Evie, even when another member of their group seemingly materialized out of thin air. "No one has to die." He said seriously. "But if you don't let her go and all fuck off somewhere, I will kill you where you stand."

Jack's lips curled up into a smile as a small chuckle of admiration escaped his lips. However, thankfully, Ryan interjected once more before the man had the opportunity to escalate tensions even further. "Look," he spoke, gun trained on Dexter as he approached. "No one has to die here, true. But we can't have a settlement we know nothing about so close, firing off rounds at other people for reasons we don't know why... Now, maybe, if you'd like to put the gun down, we can talk about this."

"What are you, the fucking police?" Dexter demanded, tearing his eyes away from Jack to look at Ryan. "We had an intruder last night. In the middle of the night. One of my guys got a little trigger happy, yeah, but no one was hurt. Not that it's any of your goddamn business. We weren't and never have been the aggressors. We're just trying to survive." He gestured with his gun at Jack. "It's your man here who pulled on us first and dragged us through the woods at gunpoint."

This whole situation had Conner on edge and Riley deciding to make an appearance didn't make anything better. She had landed right in front of him with her back towards the two. "Not now, Riles." Conner said before he grabbed the teen by the arm and dragged her behind him. He then drew his gun and held it trained on Dexter. For now he would watch Ryan and Jack before he took action. Though if the male was stupid enough to try anything again he wouldn't hesitate. Wes moved to stand beside Conner, feeling incredibly useless as he'd pretty much just stood there and watched a stranger attack his best friend. "You ok?" He asked, ashamed.

Riley glared at Conner as he hid her behind him. She was ready to protest but now that she had the time to take in the situation she knew it wasn't the best time. From her spot she could see the female of the group clearly but not the other member. But there was something about his voice that made her want to see him. Curiosity taking over, Riley leaned around Conner to get a look. Holy Hell! "Dexter?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 3
Glock G29 (15 in clip)
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]

Backpack
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (2)

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Dex, Jack, Wesley, Conner, Evie, Ryan
(Collab with Ven & JJ)

Conner glanced over to Wes and gave a curt nod before he turned his attention to Riley. Did she know this man? Even if she did, Conner didn't like him and was determined to stay in between the two til he knew what was going on.

At the sound of his name, Dex turned, confused, as it hadn't come from Evie, but from behind the guy he'd punched. His eyes landed on a feminine figure standing just behind Conner, a familiar flash of bright red hair immediately attracting his attention. "...Riley?" He asked, incredulous. The hand holding the gun on Jack lowered to the ground, needed support as he felt suddenly weak, though it had nothing to do with the fight, or the blow from Jack's gun.

"Riley?" Evie echoed, her frown melting into an expression of utter confusion. "Dex... I thought you said..."

"I thought so too…" He said quietly, not taking his eyes off of her. "Riley?" He repeated, starting to get to his feet.

Riley watched Dexter, she wasn't sure what to say or do at the moment. Which apparently didn't matter anyway because before she got the chance to say or do anything, Conner was blocking her once again. "You know this person Riles?" Riley looked up at Conner and nodded. "Something like that."

Since he'd managed to get to his feet without someone shooting him, Dex left his gun on the ground and approached Riley, only to find Conner blocking his way. "If you don't move and let me see my sister, I swear I will strangle you with my bare hands." He threatened. "And this time your guard dog there will be too slow to save you." He held the man's gaze, unable to even get any pleasure from the bruise blossoming on Conner's jaw. "Now step aside."

Conner glared at Dexter. "Why don't you go ahead and try." He growled out. Conner would be damned if he let Dexter close to Riley. "Plus last time I checked Riley said she didn't have any family." Dexter frowned at that, hurt by the idea of his sister telling these people he didn't exist, but said nothing.

Riley was getting real sick of this whole testosterone battle that was going on. "Knock it off! Both of you!" She said, pushing her way past Conner to glare at them both. "First of all, Dex you have no right to threaten Conner. I haven't seen you in over six months, so don't you dare think you have the right to decide what happens involving me." Riley ranted. This only made Conner smirk as he watched. But before he could fully enjoy this Riley turned towards him. "As for you Conner, after six months of traveling together you should know better than to think that I'll just stand back and be protected. I'm capable of protecting myself."

At her tone, Dexter recoiled, stunned. "I didn't…" he fumbled. "I thought… Riley I was sure that you were dead. There was so much blood." He shook his head, reaching out to her. "If I thought there was even the slightest chance that you were alive, I… I swear I wouldn't have given up. Riley, please. Come with us. We have a small community, we have walls, supplies… you'll be safe." He turned to Evie, then, moving to help her up despite Jack's threatening gaze. The other members of Riley's group had fallen strangely silent, confused expressions all around.

Riley looked back towards Dex once he started talking. He was fumbling over his words, which wasn't a Dex thing. Honestly, Riley wasn't sure how she should feel right now. She was relieved to see her brother, but she was confused on how to react. Though when Dex reached out for her she couldn't help but step back towards Conner. "The slightest chance…" Riley gave a dry laugh, shaking her head. "Did you ever find a body Dex? Or even parts of one? Of course not… you just assumed because of blood. News flash there's blood everywhere nowadays." She stated as she crossed her arms. Riley was confused but decided to let her anger lead her.

"You were gone for hours. I LOOKED for hours. " He protested. "For all I knew you'd been turned, and I couldn't… I couldn't see you like that. You have to understand… Even Hero couldn't find your trail."

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's not like I tried going back either." This wasn't a lie, everything had happened so fast that she hadn't had the time to even think about going back home. Then before she knew it her home was with her group. "As for coming with you. You have better luck convincing Ryan. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere without my group. I'm perfectly safe with them already and honestly I don't desire to go anywhere with you right now."

"Riley I'm your brother. We're family. You're telling me these people mean more to you than I do?" As Dexter talked, Evie moved in closely behind him and rested a hand on his back.

"What I'm saying is that over the last six months they've been my family. Who am I to turn my back on them just because you show up? I mean be honest Dex. Can you honestly say that you haven't grown fond of the people who you've been traveling with? Would you be willing to leave them all just to go off with just me?" Riley asked, emerald eyes boring into her brother.

"I… well…" Dexter started, a guilty expression taking over his face. Would he? Could he abandon his group if it meant being with his sister? He met Evie's eyes for a long minute before sliding his gaze back to Riley. "No." He said, finally. "I couldn't." The admission didn't come easy, but it was the truth, and he wouldn't lie. So they were at an impasse… she wouldn't come, and he wouldn't go. "Riley…" he said finally. "Dad's dead. You're all I have left."

Out of everything that Riley had heard so far those few words shook her whole foundation. Her father was dead… How could this be? Riley was almost sure that if Dex was here then her father must've been at this settlement her brother was talking about. But he wasn't, he was gone just like their mother was. Riley stared at Dex as she tried to process all of the feeling that were flowing through her. She wasn't sure how to react, so she did what she did best, and allowed her anger to take control. "Why… Where were you?! Why weren't you taking care of him?!" Riley lashed out. She had wanted nothing more then to swing at her brother, but Conner must have known what she was thinking, because before she had the chance he had grabbed her and was holding her back.

"Taking care of him?" Dex demanded. "Riley after you left he was broken. He blamed himself for you being dead like we both thought you were. There was no coming back from that, I tried. I tried so hard, you have no idea." Despite his attempts to keep a level head, he allowed anger to color his voice. When the other man grabbed her, Dexter started to step forward, but Evie's hand on his arm stopped him. He looked at her, then back to Riley and Conner, noting that she didn't seem to be struggling against him - rather the opposite actually. Dexter narrowed his eyes. "Get your fucking hands off my sister."

Riley played Dex's words over in her head. "He was already broken." She protested weakly. Though the words were most likely more for her than anyone else. She needed to believe that more than anything else right now. Riley could barely handle the thought that her father was dead let alone that it was her fault. Feeling Conner's grasp was the only thing keeping her grounded right now. She had turn to move closer to Conner when she heard Dexter address him.

Conner looked at Dexter, glaring. "If I was you I'd shut my mouth. If anything, you should be thanking me for saving you from Riley's right hook." Conner looked down at Riley noticing she had moved closer to him. He could see all the emotions running through her and it saddened him to see just how broken she looked. This was all his fault, Conner thought before he glared back at Dexter again. "I think you've said enough anyway." He said as he pulled Riley closer to him. Brother or not he refused to let Riley be hurt by anyone.

"Riley." Dexter said softly, the anger drained from his voice and posture at the sight of her like that. "Please, just think about it. I don't want to lose you again. I shouldn't have to." Turning to the tall guy with the blonde hair, the leader, if he had to guess, Dexter looked at him. "We're done here, and I'd like to go home now. The only way you're going to stop me is with a bullet. So are we square, or does this have to escalate further?"

Ryan was at a loss in all truth. He had hoped to find some way to negotiate with the man, find out about his settlement and the kind of people they were. In a way, those aims were met to some extent. But with the bad blood between the siblings? Things were certainly trickier.

"You can go," he said, simply, much to Jack's displeasure. "But before I let you go I need a promise. I need you to promise me that you are who you say you are, that you've got good intentions. Most importantly, I want a sit-down meeting with you at your settlement."

Letting out a breath, Dex cast a wistful glance at Riley, still pressed against Conner's chest, and turned back to Ryan with a nod. "You'll get your meeting. But I need time to prepare the rest of our group. They're not going to take kindly to a half-dozen armed strangers waltzing into our home. I can't ask you to disarm yourselves, and I doubt you would anyway, but have the courtesy to not storm our gates with your weapons drawn, yeah?"

"Well, I suppose that'll have to be the promise from my side," Ryan nodded. "Won't it, Jackie?" he added, looking to the scowling man. Ryan offered out his hand, looking Dex in the eye. "Two days and we'll come by for the meeting."

"No." Dexter shook his head. "Make it tomorrow morning. The longer my guys have to stew on it the less certain I am they'll behave themselves. We haven't had the greatest experience with outsiders in the past. No sense in dragging it out." He looked at Ryan's offered hand for a long moment before finally shaking it and then pulling away, eager to be back home. "Evie?" He looked to her, extending his own hand.

After they'd started to move off, Dexter paused, turning back. "Watch yourselves. There is, or at least was a band of raiders just inside Shreveport. It's far from here, but who knows how far they wander. And they are aggressive." His eyes landed on Jack and he held the man's gaze for a moment before turning away and starting back home. The rest of Riley's group would be afforded Dexter's courtesy if only for her benefit, but not him. If he ever got Jack alone, odds are one of them wasn't going to walk away unscathed. Or at all.

Conner watched as Ryan and Dexter discussed a meeting between the two groups. He wasn't very pleased at the thought of Riley having to be around Dexter. But he knew that if there was a possible chance for their group to find a safe haven Ryan would take it. Even as they turned to leave Conner kept his eyes trained on Dexter and his female companion whose name appeared to be Evie. Once they were out of his sight, Conner looked down at Riley. "Riles?"

Riley had been so deep into her thoughts that she wasn't even brought back to her own senses till she heard Conner call her name. Emerald met brown, before she forced a smile. "Don't worry I'm fine." She muttered before she looked to the rest of her group. "Family drama...I guess even the end of the world be rid of it." Riley said before she gave a weak laugh. She wasn't proud of how she had acted in front of everyone but at the time she couldn't help it.

Conner could tell that Riley was forcing herself to act like everything that had just happened didn't bother her. "I'm gonna get some more firewood. Riles, cover me?"

Riley looked to Conner and smiled. "Always." She knew that Conner was more than capable of handling himself. This was just his way of helping Riley out of an uncomfortable situation. It was very much appreciated. "We're heading out then." Conner announced to the others before he and Riley left.

rsz_conner1.jpg

Otto and Elizabeth collab
-

Otto was content with the answers he had gotten so he grabbed his revolver and re-holstered it from off of the table before standing with a stretch, several joints popping. He turned to Elizabeth for a moment before speaking. "Still wanna go shooting?" He asked the younger woman.

Hopping up from her seat she grinned, nodding vigorously saying, "Of course! I hope it's not much of a bother though. I know you are pretty busy around here so, if it's too much trouble I can ask Jesse though, I've never really used my gun. Will that be a problem? I mean I've held one just never really shot." Elizabeth laughed slightly.

"No, it's fine could use the fresh air anyways." He spoke as he headed for the door, turning back to Elizabeth. "Come on, let's go." He motioned with his head as he opened the door and walked out into the sunshine of the day before beginning to make his way towards his house in Ballamory figuring it would be best if they used his weapons plus he had the small 22. He and Cecilio had found which would probably be best to start Elizabeth on.

Walking after Otto, Elizabeth wondered if she would be good at using a gun after some practice. "Hey Otto, you think I'll be as good as you and Jesse? That would be awesome. You guys could shoot with your eyes closed and still hit your mark. Not to mention you guys have the biggest gun collection. Where are we going?" Elizabeth rambled before realizing she had no idea where they were going.

"As good as me and Jesse? Probably not but hey i've seen odder things happen like zombies for instance so you being a natural crack shot wouldn't be to out of the question." He reached his door and opened it, standing to the side to let Elizabeth in first. "Take a seat and make yourself at home for the time being, it'll take me a few minutes to get everything ready to go and to decide what we should take." He intoned before starting to go through the various weapons he had in the house.

Nodding absently Elizabeth walking in the door sitting in the middle of the room to take it all in. "So, what kind of gun am I gonna use? I have one myself but, I just have it for show. Never know if someone's going to come along without a weapon. Though that rarely happened before I met you guys. I was a lone wanderer. The silence is nice but, I tend to prefer crowds over isolation. What about you? You more of a lone wolf?" She probed wanting to know more about the quietest person in there little makeshift family.

"Imma start you on the 22. A small rifle with little recoil that will help you get the fundamentals of shooting down before we move to something else, i'll also teach you how to use that pistol of yours for more than just show." He paused as he grabbed his pack and put it on his shoulders while also slinging his own rifle over his right shoulder so it laid across his back, he used the slight pause to think on Elizabeth's question. "I was...what you'd call a hermit before the whole zombie thing kicked off, lived on my own in a cabin in the woods where I hunted and lived off the land on my own, honestly if I hadn't needed to go into town for ammo I would of most likely not noticed anything was going on. Before that well...let's say I have experience working with other people in difficult situations." He spoke as he grabbed the small 22. Rifle and slung it over his other shoulder. "Ready?" He asked.

Jumping up with a nod Elizabeth said, "That sound lonely. No offense to your life but, didn't that ever get old. What about friends and family?" She knew without her friends and family she would have been depressed. Even after her father she was lonely but, she still had her friends.

"Family is either dead or dead to me and most of my friends are also gone from this world as far as I know now, that life had it's moments where it was lonely, would of been nice to share it with someone but that never happened." He looked off with a bit of a distant look in his eyes before turning to look at Elizabeth again. "We'll be going a little ways outside here to a more safe area to shoot where we won't attract infected to here or any if we are lucky so if you need anything else from your home I suggest we go over and get it." He informed her.

Humming to herself she shock her head, "I don't need anything that I can think of. Also, you never know what the world will bring. Maybe some of your friends are still alive or even some family that's not dead to you." Looking off toward the trees she continued, "I'd be pretty happy to see my dad again, maybe even my mom, but I know they're dead. As for friends I didn't get a chance to see them after everything that happened. So yea, you never know who might show up around the corner."

Otto shrugged as he headed out the door and back onto Ballamory's main street and headed back past the HQ where Jesse and the new woman Ave were. "AY JESS ELIZABETH AND I ARE HEADING OUT." He called with a raised tone so he would be heard, best if he and Elizabeth at least told someone they were on the way out. "It's about half a mile out so I hope you like walking Elizabeth." Otto said back to her without turning towards her as he exited the front gate.

"Walking doesn't faze me anymore, with the amount we've done I'm sure this will be a breeze." Lizzie stated adding a bounce to her step. "You don't talk much do you? So far I'm mainly talking, not that I mind, it's just I tend to ramble so if you need some silence tell me or I might just keep on talking." She laughed slightly shaking her head at herself.

"No it's fine it's...nice to have someone who talks, get's to quiet sometimes. Used to be around the sounds of nature, birds, squirrels, the wind and the like but now it's just too quiet." He spoke as he moved onto the grass on the side of the road. "Sorry if I seem a little stiff in talking, been awhile since I just talked with anyone other than Dex or Evie and even then that is getting rarer and rarer these days. Also best to walk on the grass and dirt if ya can, makes you easier to track but doesn't fatigue you as fast as the asphalt and concrete does." He advised.

Elizabeth nodded, she can understand that. "What's with you and Dex anyway? I heard yelling yesterday, did something happen?" She was curious as to what happened yesterday, having only walked in at the last parts of it. It seemed like Dex, Evie, and Jesse were fighting but, she could have sworn she heard Otto's voice as well at one point. "Also, what's with the girl? I'm happy to have another person with us but, is that safe?" Even with her friendly attitude Lizzie didn't want anything bad to happen to the group, they were a little family despite the fights they get into.

"Dex decided it was smart to get drunk last night with Evie without mentioning anything to any of us, that wouldn't be too much of an issue if we were not all in separate buildings but as that is the case anyone who is inebriated could be at risk or themselves be a risk to the rest of the group. I also have rather bad experiences with drunks." Otto paused for a moment. "As for the woman, she broke in and stole my medkit last night and tried to escape but Cecilio winged her with a shot and she was forced to return." He finished as he turned off the main road onto a small trail leading into a patch of trees.

Lizzie hummed to herself, that was irresponsible of Dex and Evie. They should have told Otto or Jesse that they were going to drink. For herself she's never had and alcohol before, she's too young to even try. Still if she did she would know better than to not tell the group what was going on. "So, how much further are we?" She questioned glancing around slightly.

"Not to far now." He spoke as he pulled a few branches out of the way leading to a clearing with a single tree in the middle, the tree itself was a tall strong oak. The grass was short around them but it was easy to tell why since the branches of the trees around them stretched and twisted to cover the clearing in mostly shade. "You'll be shooting at that tree there." He spoke pointing to the large oak.

Elizabeth nodded and added a skip to her step. She was excited to learn to shoot. "So I shoot the tree. What are you gonna do? Give me tips or show me what to do?" Lizzie stared at the tree before looking at Otto.

"Well I planned on carving a bullseye into the tree then having you shoot at that." He spoke as he set down the 22., his pistol and his rifle along with his bag before walking to the tree. He pulled out his knife and cut a rough bullseye into the trunk of the oak before walking back to where Elizabeth and the guns were. "So...how much do you know already? I know you got that 1911 with ya but I ain't sure if you are completely ignorant to firearms or just a novice." He spoke as he began to load the magazines for the 22.

"I'm a novice, though have held gun just never shot one. I'm not even sure I hold it right." Elizabeth spoke slightly embarrassed. It's true she's never shot a fun but, you never know she could be a natural. "I got the 1911 from my dad when I was little. He wanted me to learn to use it. What's the difference between the 1911 and the .22?"

"It's alright, gotta start somewhere though if I had the choice the end times wouldn't be it." He spoke as he set down the loaded magazines. "Well other than the 22. Being a rifle, quite a bit." He paused as he picked up the 22. Rifle and showed it to Elizabeth. "I could bore you with the minute details but that would keep us here for hours, long and short of it is this twenty two rifle fires a twenty two long rifle round. Don't be fooled by the name, it's rather anemic and is best suited to training such as this or precise hunting of things such as small rodents or frogs." He help a 22. Round up to her which was only an inch long. "These are so small that I could bend this with my hand but since we need all the ammo we can get so I ain't gonna do that." He handed the round to Elizabeth for her to look at herself. "The rifle itself is fairly simple, when you get done hand me your 1911 and i'll give you a run down if it." He spoke.

"Okie, so um how do I hold?" Lizzie asked looking at the gun confused before attempting to hold it like she's seen. Putting the butt of the gun against her shoulder and holding with one hand at the trigger and the other stabilizing it slightly toward her shoulder. "Like this?"

"Mostly but here let me show you." Otto spoke as he walked over to Elizabeth, first he took her finger off the trigger and set it straight along the gun. "Never put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot, don't point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy, be sure of your target and what's beyond and always treat a gun as if it's loaded and able to kill if you choose to use it." He walked around her and took his foot and spread her legs out. "Feet shoulder width apart, this will be important when you fire my rifle. Find a position to support yourself and whatever you do don't lean away from the gun." Otto instructed her.

Lizzie adjusted herself before aiming. She tried to line up with the tree but couldn't quite do it. "Okay, so how do I aim? Any tips?" She questioned looking at Otto.

"Line up the rear sight and the front sight, there should be three white dots two on the read sight and one on the front. Make sure to line those up and that's where your bullet with strike." Otto spoke as he watched her stance. "When you're ready to fire don't pull the trigger but instead slowly squeeze it until it fires." He instructed.

Lizzie did as he asked, lining up the sights and aiming at the tree. Trying hard to keep the sight on the target she slowing pulled the trigger until the bullet fired. It was loud and had a bit of a kick back but, thanks to her training with a sword she had better arm strength than people think. Sadly though the bullet hit outside the bullseye. Heaving a sigh of frustration she looked at Otto, "Anymore tips?"

"Other than to practice? No. The target is about the size of a man's torso so as long as you're hitting inside the target that's good, remember you don't have to be an expert marksman or rather markswoman in this case. You hit someone in the chest area and they will stop what they're doing real fast. Now do you wish to continue practice with the 22. Or move to pistols?" He asked her as he stood to the side.

"I'll keep practicing with the 22. It's got an easy kickback to handle. How long should I keep practicing?" Elizabeth was happy with her fist shot even though it was outside the bullseye, but like Otto said she needed practice.

"Practice as long as you feel like you need to, I would rather use the ammo for you to improve then leave you without enough experience plus it'll teach you how to load and reload the rifle along with all that such business." He went over and began to load his revolver and his own rifle. "Be warned though, when you get to my rifle it's gonna kick a hell of a lot harder then that one."

Nodding Lizzie looked back at the target, again aiming at the center. Again she slowly pulled the trigger, the loud band sounded and the recoil hit while the hoped the shot was steady. She was happy with the result. She it inside the bullseye but, not quite the center. Frowning she tried again. Aiming at the center she held herself steady as she fired and with success she hit a few inches away from the center. Jumping up and down Liz laughed, "I hit close! Woo Hoo!"

"Good job but also shhh. The trees will do a good enough job of dampening the gunshots but if we are to loud we may draw infected to us." Otto spoke as he walked over to her. "Wanna keep going or do you wish to switch?" He again asked wondering if she was ready.

"Oops sorry, forgot about that, I want to keep working on this one but, can we take a break for today my shoulder's starting to cramp a bit from that recoil." She asked looking up at Otto. Her shoulder was stiff a bit so a nice rest would be good, plus maybe she could talk to the new girl and make a friend.

"Hmm...fine but you will have a bit of a bruise come tomorrow just so you know." He spoke as he began to load things up. "We can stay a bit longer or leave now, it's up to you really." He spoke to her as he hummed a little tune while packing the weapons up.

"Let's head back, I want to see if I can make a friend out of the new girl. I hope she's nice. Oh, and doesn't she need her bat back?" Lizzie questioned still excited about making a friend but, sad that she'll have a bruise tomorrow. "How bad will the bruise be?"

"She'll get it back when we get back and it depends, probably just some slight discoloration but nothing too bad." Otto spoke simply as they made their way out of the wooded area and started the trip back in silence. The trip back was much faster than the trip to the little grove seeing as they both now knew the route. The gate came up in their view it signaled that they had returned home.​

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory Outskirts, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Though they had parted on "peaceful" terms, it was impossible for Dex not to feel uneasy as they moved off, their backs to Riley's group. And even after they were long out of earshot, he didn't speak. It wasn't for a lack of things to say by any means - there were plenty of things that needed to be said. But he couldn't bring himself to formulate the words, to say them out loud.

So despite his guilt and in order to quell the urge to spout out apologies, Dex concentrated on following their trail back. He knew they'd been heading due north when Jack was marching them, so he headed south, using a combination of the sun's position with the scuff marks and broken foliage that indicated where they'd come from to make their way back without too much difficulty.

It only took an hour or so before they were back in familiar territory - not quite back to Ballamory yet, but close enough that memory would be enough for them to find their way back.

Dexter paused then, taking an opportunity to look over at Evie with a sorrowful expression. She looked just as disheveled and thrown around as he did, a realization that only furthered the guilt that threatened to swallow him whole. "I'm going to tell the group what happened." He explained quietly. "All of it. From the beginning."

Had it not been for the bruise he could feel forming above his eye - a lucky punch Conner had managed to get in - he knew their appearances could have (and probably would have) been written off as some wild woodland tryst, but even if that were still the case, he was done lying to the others. He knew, already, that they'd be pissed beyond measure about what had gone on today, and the thought of how they'd react when Riley's group showed up at their gates in the morning was enough to make him cringe. But lying, even by omission, would only make things worse. Even if Aveline deciding to conveniently pop in out of the blue, on the same day they'd found that snare was just an enormous coincidence (a theory he still wasn't sold on), the trouble had all started because of him withholding information. He was reluctant to let that happen again.

"They'll probably crucify me for it, but it wouldn't be entirely undeserved." Dexter shook his head, leaning back against the trunk of a tree with his hands in his pockets, mulling over words in his mind before finally speaking. "Look, I made a few very, very stupid mistakes back there... Mistakes that could have gotten us killed, and likely would have if it hadn't been for..." he faltered at her name for a second before choking it out. "...Riley."

Going quiet for a second, he drew a shaky breath before continuing. "I know you've every reason to hate me, or at the very least not trust me anymore, and I... I fully understand that... But right now I need you on my side. The others, you know they're pissed at me, and they're probably not going to believe a word that comes out of my mouth. I just need you to back me up. You can hate me afterwards, but I just need everyone to be on the same page first, so we're prepared for the inevitable shitstorm brewing for tomorrow morning." Finished, he stared at her, desperate for some sort of reaction that he could gauge.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [left with Riley's group]

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dex

"I'm going to tell the group what happened. All of it. From the beginning," Dex said, the first words spoken since the two had walked away from the group. In truth, Evie had wanted to talk. However, with everything with Dex's sister, perhaps the last thing he had needed would be her nattering. Still, her eyes stayed behind them. More so out of fear than caution.

As Dex continued to speak, she listened attentively and despite trying and failing to interrupt a couple of times, she allowed him to finish.

"If you think I hate you, then maybe that arsehole with your sister hit you harder than I thought..." she said bluntly, nipping him playfully on the arm. "Look, what just happened... what just happened was terrifying. Yet, despite it all, I've never felt scared for myself while I've been with you, Dex. I trust you, implicitly. So stop throwing yourself on the sword you absolute nugget of a person." She gave him a smile. "Look, if Otto and Cecilio don't like it, I'll always be there to back you up so don't worry about that. I'll threaten to give Otto a shave and if Cecilio starts chirping up then I'll set his house on fire, okay? Well... maybe not on fire... that'd be dangerous. I'll set his shoes on fire. That's better - the shoes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Reactions: Dakota K5
[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Blinking in confusion, Dex stared at her. "You're insane." He said finally with a smile, though the way he said it didn't sound like an insult. It sounded like a compliment, because that's how it was meant. Though he wanted nothing more than to just kiss her for being so damn supportive all the time even when he didn't deserve it, it wasn't the place nor the time. So he settled for, "Never change, Evie." Mental note: make it up to her later.

Inclining his head towards home, he stood straight, twisting an arm back to brush the tree bark off the back of his shirt. It didn't help much - it still looked like he'd gone twelve rounds with a giant dust bunny, but whatever. It only took another fifteen minutes before they were at the same gate they'd left from, and as expected, Hero was waiting to greet them, having completely ignored Dexter's request to go play.

The dog bounded over as he shut the gate behind them, sliding the latch into place. But instead of harassing them with affection as per usual, skidded to a halt a few yards away, nose working furiously at the air between them, tail still and uncertain. "It's OK buddy." Dex reassured him, moving over to allow the dog closer access to sniff his pants leg. He hadn't actually touched Riley, but he'd been in pretty close quarters with the other guy, and if he had to take a guess he'd say her scent would be all over him.

That thought made him grumpy, and he moved away from Hero after another moment or two, leaving the dog to stare at the gate as if he expected Riley to come waltzing through it behind them. "Alright, well... Tomorrow morning is going to be interesting, that's for certain."

The pair strode along the cracked pathway side by side, heading for #1 as usually, that's where everyone was when they weren't sleeping or on patrol. Stepping into the cul-de-sac, he glanced around, seeing no movement or anything out of the ordinary. All seemed well, but given what had just happened, he wouldn't be totally convinced until he saw everyone with his own eyes. So they meandered up the driveway and to the front door, pushing it open, with his hand automatically going to his holster - except his holster, as he now noticed, was empty. So instead of calling out a greeting like he fully intended, he couldn't help but to curse as he remembered exactly where the gun was - sitting in the dirt at Ryan's feet. "Well fuck me." He scowled.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
Interaction: Dex
Mention: Evie
-

He had returned and put most of his things away beside ammo and his two firearms along with his canteen which sat on his belt, he had throw his stuff on the ground after Elizabeth had left and went to do her own thing and since he hadn't seen anyone else he had chosen to go light for the day. He headed back towards the door and remembered Ave's bat which sat propped next to the door and make a mental note to give it back to her when he next saw her.
-
He headed out the door and saw both Dex and Evie about to enter Ballamory HQ, he approached and got to them just in time to hear Dex say, well fuck me and of course Otto couldn't miss the opportunity given to him. "Why Dex, what would poor Evie think with you making such suggestive offers to anyone in earshot." He spoke with a smirk until he noticed the man's lack of glock he always carried and both he and Evie looking a bit worse for wear at which point his expression turned much more serious as well as his words. "Are you two alright?" The question was simple but held an underlying tone of deep concern as he waited for one of them to answer.
----
Inventory
-
1x PTR91
4x 20 round magazines
1x 38. Revolver
38x 38. Special rounds
1x canteen

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dex, Otto

Evie gave Dex a smile as he seemed to cheer up after her little ramble. It was a good feeling, knowing that she could cheer him up despite what they had just been through. In truth, the adrenaline was still running strong and her hands were still shaking. So, while she did her best to make herself look less like she had been thrown across a campsite by her hair, the pale face and thin veil of sweat was going to be a dead give away that something wasn't right.

Returning, Evie knelt down for a moment to pet Hero. While she had been terrified of the hound at first she had come to think of him as something of a companion. Especially knowing how important he was, how special he was, seeing him come bounding up to the duo caused her to grin widely. "Hey boy," she hummed sunnily, her voice still slightly shaky. "Miss us?" She ran her hands down the canine's back, watching as he stared off at the gate. "Of course..." she sighed.

Raising to her feet, she followed in behind Dex to the door. "Well, fuck me," he growled.

"Something wrong?" she responded, however was immediately interrupted by Otto who emerged from the doorway. However, as he posed his question, her somewhat recovered disposition sank immediately as she looked to Dexter to take the lead. "I think... maybe you want to explain this one? I wouldn't know where to start."

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Yeah I forgot my fucking-"
he started, lowering his voice as he noticed Otto approaching. "-gun."

Expecting a snide comment or more scorn from Otto, he steeled himself, but Otto seemed to be in a great mood, going so far as to even crack a joke.That was, until, he took in their appearances and as predicted, came to the conclusion that something was up. Dex let out a breath, meeting the other man's gaze. "Long story short... we met up with some other survivors, some things went down... Nothing too serious." He added quickly. "But it's probably best that I tell everyone together so we're all on the same page. Where is Jesse? Liz?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

Aveline and Cecilio (collab SON)
tumblr_o29zqeeKhl1qfvouao1_1280.jpg

"Hm."
Aveline looked at the knife and yanked it from him, examining the weapon. "I guess it'll do for now and you better." She tried not to show her ungrateful pout and crumbled up the MRE pack. "Thanks for… dinner? I guess."

"It's nothing. Listen I was going to do this with Otto but I need help running an errand." He explained though not with a lot of detail. "I realized when we headed back from town we forgot something. Well, it was basic but we could make use of it." He said looking to the town. "My question is if you'd like to come along and help me get what we need from the sporting goods store."

Aveline's eyes scanned the man, looked past him, unsure but only shrugged. "Okay, sure. I need to get away from this box anyways." despite only being in their little community for a night and half a day, she felt the need to move around, but even she didn't trust herself to be on her own with her leg, even if it was just a graze. "Plus, I'm hoping to find something for myself."

"Well, who knows. Me and Otto were only looking for specific things in the store. There might be another bat you can use to hold over or use as a back up." He stated. "Come on.." He said getting up figuring Otto and Dex were back at the HQ anyways. If they weren't then that meant something very bad happened.

"Okay.." she mumbled to herself, kicking dirt onto the dead undead before trotting behind Cecilio. She didn't bother trying to make small talk, only looking at her surroundings, she truly was lost, she really had no idea where she was because nothing looked familiar. Had she wandered that far? Just walking and taking in the green around her.

Cecilio lead the way into the town following the path that he and Otto took during their supply run. "Hopefully there's not much trouble." He said as he had his rifle slung on his back not really feeling a need to use it. "Towns pretty much clear the only danger I can think of is infected but even then we didn't really run into them when we're in town."

"What exactly are you looking for?" she asked, tugging her bag strap, doing a short jump to check the weight and nodded to herself. Yeah, she can fit a few things of her own in there.

"Fishing rods and kits. I saw a few in the stockroom of the store but we were full of food and guns when we had to leave. Hey maybe there's bats or something else there." He reminded her it was an outdoorsman store. "Plus we might have missed some stuff in our haste for looking for specific things."

"Ugh," she shivered at the thought of fish, hoping to not eat let alone smell any. "Fish. I hate fish." She grumbled deciding to explore the store herself. Looking over the counter, looking over dust covered shelves, and a, she gasped. "Oh, my god."

"What is it?" He asked her a little curious as to what she found. He partly expected it to be a bat given she seemed to miss her own. He followed her to see what she found hoping it was something good. At the same time he was a little unsure how much longer this good luck streak could keep going.

Aveline picked up the small, blue pack. "Gum." she held it up, popped one out to chew on and putting the pack her bag, not even bothering to offer him one.

He gave a minor amused expression on his face before he flicked the back of her neck ."Ok there, big league chew. Let's get the rods and get out of here." He said before his boot nudged a wooden bat on the floor. "See. You got a ready replacement right there too." He said heading to the stockroom making his way past the disarrayed aisles.

She jolted at her neck being flicked but continued chewing, following behind, and stepping over the rolling bat, rolling her eyes at it. It looked weak, it looked uncomfortable, it looked liked it wouldn't have a comfortable grip. She kicked it out of spite, she preferred the knife she was given over that...thing. While in the stock room, she only looked, covering her mouth and nose to avoid the intrusion of dust, yet used her other hand to touch everything else. "Never learned how to fish…" she simply stated.

"Me and Otto can teach you. Maybe even help you get good with guns and even better with that bat." He stated as he rummaged through the boxes on the shelves. He couldn't recall exactly where the rods were but he knew they were there. He quickly got one more whetstone and another buck knife for her knowing she'd need to learn a lot to survive even if she intended to only be with them for a temporary amount of time.

"Because you guys are just so... " she let out a dramatic sigh. "Multi-talented." she wasn't too impressed. "I hate fish, what's the point of learning." She helped rummaged through some boxes, having to uncover her face and dust flying into her face. The more time she spent looking, the more her allergies built up. She groaned, leaving the storage room, not helping but to sneeze. "I'm not looking in there anymore." she said lazily, deciding to look elsewhere in the store.

He chuckled a little forgetting how something so simple could be such a nuisance to some. He bit back his urge to sneeze only doing so every once in awhile. Soon he emerged with some kits that had a few tackles, bobbers, and weights along with the rods. "Okay, I got what we needed. There's only four and 2 kits but apart from that there's enough line for all of them." He said as he looked towards the outside of the store to make sure no one had unexpectedly joined them.

"So…" she unenthusiastically breathed out. "Don't care. Let's look for more things." She suggested, playfully hitting his harm as sort of payback for the flick. "C'mon….bro…" she cringed at that word. "Maybe there's some good stuff we can keep for ourselves. Like a twinkie, or some playing cards, even some seeds." Aveline honestly felt cramped in the community no matter how large it was. "Besides, I need a plant and the community could use a little more green." She urged on, even forced a smile.

"Well, we could forage later. I doubt this store has seeds though I wouldn't doubt there's more gum stashed away in the back." He said knowing she wouldn't go back there just to sneeze and sniffle. "Well I think there was a home goods store past the gas station." He said not really flinching as she punched his arm though it did hurt. "Let's go check it out."

'Yes!' she cheered in her head, with a tug on her bag she followed behind him. Again, not bothering to talk, only to examine her surroundings, at one point she stopped to tie her shoe without alerting him and had to jog to his side. Occasionally kicking a pebble or a stick just out of boredom. Humming, daydreaming, just taking in everything until she was tired of silence, it just felt awkward. "So, is Dex, like, your brother?"

He could see the store at the end block as he walked alongside her carrying the rods. He seemed to be fine with the silence not really making an effort to try and speak when it wasn't needed. He was a little surprised by her question and he chuckled "Nope. He's...I guess my patient? Hell they all are but in a weird way. I guess he is my brother. My family's gone. I keep trying to lie to myself otherwise but….I know they are. This group, those people...they're all I have left in this world. Hell you joined that list when you decided to stay with us." He said looking over to her then straightforward again.

"The list of patients? Or the list of family?"

"Both though you'd need to prove that I can trust you. So far, I don't have any reason to really distrust or trust you so i guess we're neutral." He explained "If that makes sense. If it doesn't basically we're good is what I'm saying." He told her simplifying his statement. "So, any seeds in particular or are we just getting what we can? There are some patches of wild Okra near the settlement and even some Persimmons."

"Hmm." She she shrugged. "We're pretty even, you shoot me then patch me up." Ignoring the fact that she stole their supplies and tried to make a run for it. "Ugh," she rolled her eyes. "I hate okra. But aloe vera never hurt anyone, neither mint, stinging nettle would be nice too." She smiled at the nonstop list she was making in her head. "If you find any foxgloves, that could come in handy yet I doubt they'll be at a normal shop. What do you think?" She cut herself off, knowing she'll go on and on about the seeds.

"Well, back in Los Angeles I used to do some gardening here and there. If there's Aloe odds are it might be hanging in there. Given the cold hasn't set yet though when it does odds are it'd become an indoor plant. Mint we can forage or at least I think we can. Nettles I've seen pretty much since I've gotten here and I have no idea what Foxgloves are. Hell, we barely managed to get some stuff planted before summer ended." He said as he approached the store doors which were broken down most likely during the first days of the infection.

"Well, if you're able to find the foxgloves, give them to me immediately. Everything else you find… I don't care." She pulled out her knife, went through the door, and began searching herself. She was use doing things on her and enjoyed her time thinking as she roamed the store, this was her environment. Grabbing gloves, being happy that she found a pair in pink; watering can; clippers; etc. "Ce..C…" she couldn't pronounce his name. "Look!" She gasped, showing him a packet of seeds. "Succulents." She simply. "I use to have these all around the house." She read over the packet.

Cecilio followed after her looking around and finding a few packets of seeds left behind. He checked the hardware section seeing it had been mostly looted people placing priority on tools and such rather than plants. He was a little surprised to see Ave get excited about a pack of seeds. Of course he did recognize the plant from his time in California "Oh yeah...I had dozens of those things back west. Easiest thing to take care of." He said as he looked at the packet. "Any Aloe?"

"Yes!" She picked up a couple pots for herself and handed them the Cecilio. "As well some sweet mint, some colocynth (good for your use by the way), tomatoes, aaand black mustard." She blantly handed some items to him, she nodded looking at some of the items. 'Good batch.' she was surprised at the amount that she was able to gather.

Cecilio was struggling slightly with all the items she was giving him "Woah woah hold on." He said as he struggled with the fishing rods and plants. He had to admit though it was a little cute to watch her get excited about something though that probably would change to disappointment really quick if he killed any of their plants. He made use of a nearby shopping cart offloading the fishing gear and plants into it. "Alright. Anything else? Seeds or anything like that?"

Aveline walked around a few more minutes, looking amongst the shelves, many empty and covered with dust, but had found a large pack of compost then came to the conclusion that she had everything (not that there was much). "I think that's enough." She stated. "Not that there is much left. Let's just go." She glances and shrugs. "Oh, well." Beginning to lead to the exit and having to retrace her steps until they made it back to town and removing the gardening items from Cecilio. "I'll handle this stuff." She suggested.

He agreed as he let her handle the plants since she knew better on what to do with them. He made his way to HQ and was a little relieved to see Dex had returned before himself. He heard Otto crack his joke and was even more relieved to see some tension had faded from the last night. He set the fishing gear with the rest of their items before speaking. "Me and Ave made a quick trip into town."

She shook her head at her name being shortened to 'Ave'. "Aveline." She quietly corrects him and looks at the group, her eyebrows furrowed and glared at him and the red haired woman but remained silent for the remainder.

--

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans
- (Recently collected) Small pistol
- (Recently collected) 12x pistol rounds
- Dark green coat
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book

Both Survivors: (all recently added)
- 4x Fishing rods
- 2x fishing kits
- other fishing shit idk (Carlee isn't an fishing expert)
- 1x set of gardening tools

- 1x pair of pink gardening gloves
- 2x packets of seeds of Aloe Vera
- 1x packet of seeds of Black Mustard
- 3x packets of seeds of Sweet Mint
- 2x packets of seeds of Succulents
- 1x packet of seeds of Colocynth
- 3x packets of seeds of Tomatoes
- 4x plant pots
- 1x pack of compost

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Nearly as soon as he'd finished his sentence, the duo walked up behind Otto. Dexter nodded at Jesse in greeting, then flicked his hard gaze to Aveline where it stayed probably a moment longer than was polite before looking back to the rest of the group. "Alright, let's get inside then." Pushing open the front door, Dex led the way to the dining room table, a familiar setting for the rest of them as it was where they usually had their 'family meetings'. Sinking into the same chair he'd been in this morning, his fingers found the rest of the untouched MRE from earlier, idly fidgeting with the packaging of the entree as he waited for everyone else to seat themselves at the eight-person table.

"Liz should be here, but, I'm sure you guys don't want to wait to hear about what... happened."
That, and the younger girl was easily frightened, something he didn't want to add to. "Someone can fill her in later. Anyway." He glanced at Evie before continuing. "We went on patrol earlier, as I'm sure you guys know... and we, uh... met up with another group of survivors." He paused, letting that sink in. "Initially I thought they were coming for her-" he pointed at Aveline without looking at her directly "-but they claim to have no prior relationship. Their leader, Ryan, seems... reasonable, but at the same time you can't really judge character from such a short, tense meeting, so..."

Clearing his throat, as this would be the part he knew the others wouldn't like, Dexter leaned back in his chair.
"I've agreed for us to have a sit down, face-to-face, with their group. Here. Tomorrow morning. I know it's not ideal, and I knew most of you wouldn't agree, but there are... extenuating circumstances with this particular group, and it was the only option to resolve things the way they need to be resolved."

Finished, he looked around the table, taking note of facial expressions and waiting for someone else to speak.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

Otto Williams
-

He followed Dex and Evie in while Ave and Jesse followed behind him. Dex sat but Otto stayed standing as he listened to what Dex had to say. He narrowed his eyes at Dex's mention of extenuation circumstances but let him finish before speaking himself. "You did what you had to do Dexter and the most important thing is that both you and Evie are alright for the most part and I assume one of them got the jump on you since your other pistol in missing?" It was rhetorical mostly. "And a meeting tomorrow on our grounds? Not the best but the only solution to get you two out I suppose." He spoke as he ran a hand over his beard. "I suggest we lay out some food if this is going to happen, use what's in some of those MREs to make something for us all to share. I would rather them and us break bread as we spoke rather than having a full scale standoff going on." He paused for a moment as he realised he was sort of rambling. "Either way I would appreciate it if you told us what this extenuating circumstance is?" Otto finished with a question posed to Dexter.
----------
Inventory:
-
1x PTR91
4x 20 round magazines
1x 38. Revolver
38x 38. Special rounds
1x canteen

C3576539-1502322609168447large.jpg

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Cecillio, Ave
Interactions: Dexter and Evie

After separating Liz wandered around the compound before heading to her room and dropping off her colt while picking up her book in the process. She wanted to talk with Aveline to see if maybe she can make a friend out of her but, she seemed to be missing. So was Jesse, suspicious. A thought popped into her mind as she realized they must be together. Smirking she made a mental note to try and get them together. Liz liked to put people together but, sadly there weren't many people able to be couples other than Evie and Dexter.

Skipping around she saw the group standing together. It seemed serious so she skipped over. "Hey guys why so serious? Did something happen? Dex, Evie you guys okay?" She tilted her head slightly confused. Liz hoped nothing bad happened to Evie and Dexter.

Inventory

On Person (2)
Childhood Katana
Small Romeo and Juliet book
.22 rifle (Otto's)

In Apartment (6)
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket
First aid book and kit
Colt 1911 (8 Loaded, 20 boxed)

Outfit
c600x600.jpg

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Dex
Cecilio was a little shocked to hear there were others in the nearby area of where they were living though he stopped himself from jumping to conclusions. He heard Dex out and slowly planned accordingly though he had one primary concern on his mind for Dex and Evie. "Your both alright though correct? No scuffle or anything like that?" He asked the concern in his voice was very noticeable. He did get the idea to wear his riot gear again for a slight intimidation factor along with the shotgun made for a small type of shock to anyone walking in. He seemed to agree with Otto's idea. "Otto's right. Food tends to make people relax and that might make the meeting go over much more smoothly with everyone having a full stomach. I'm not sure MRE's would exactly the most welcoming then again it's probably better than whatever they've been having to forage out there." He said seeming to be fine with the sudden meeting.

Inventory
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Bowie Knife (Traded)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
Ibuprofen

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot
Condiments
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Ballamory Peeps

Evie rescinded from the meeting somewhat, sticking to the sidelines to allow the bravado battle to initiate. She didn't want to get involved with discussing the how's and the what's. The idea of people being inside the settlement was scary enough but deep down she knew that Riley was important to Dexter. If this was a way for him to reunite with his sister, then this was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

In truth, she didn't get a bad feeling about the group. The fact that Dexter's sister was there, unharmed and well - even confident - that was a good sign. In a horrid way, one of the grim realities of the apocalypse meant that being a petite, young girl was a danger in itself.

As Liz spoke up, Evie passed her a smile.

"We're fine. Someone had a good go at ripping out some of my lovely locks but other than that, it's okay..." she said, touching at her hair where Jack had snatched at her. "We're alive and that's what counts."

tumblr_lx2a1xoyON1r9oj8oo1_500.gif

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Wes, Jack, Connor
"Want me to tail 'em?" Jack spoke up.

"I think you've done enough, Jack," Ryan responded, an ever prevalent tone of anger in his voice. "That was not how things should have gone... that is NOT how we do things!" The low simmering tone of his voice boiled over into a booming shout.

"The fucker made a move. What did you want me to do, man? Hug the motherfucker?" Jack spat back.

"You know what I fucking mean," he growled, looking to Connor and Jack. "We need to make friends out here and tailing them back to their camp isn't going to achieve that. Neither is making death threats!" Ryan glared mainly at Connor with his closing remark. "Now, get ready to pack up the camp. Wes, you're with me. We're going on patrol. Unless anybody has anything to say?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- FAK (Bandages, Disinfectant, Plasters)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Trying to take in all the questions and comments at once, it took him a long moment to formulate a response. But he leaned forward, elbows on the table, hands together beneath his chin. "We're fine." He reiterated, smiling at Liz before looking to the men. "There was a minor scuffle, but we can chalk that up to bad decisions made all around the board." He cleared his throat, freeing a finger to scratch at the side of his nose.

"As far as the... circumstance... well... I'm not sure why, or god knows how, but my sister, Riley, is traveling with them. Up until today, I thought she was dead. But, she's not, so... there's that. My initial assumptions are that they do not intend to attack us, but even so, we'll have to prepare for the meeting tomorrow with the possibility that they might. I think that it will be too tense for anyone to eat, honestly, but if we can all agree on it, maybe sending them off with a care package wouldn't hurt us too badly." The ones that were leaving, anyway... Even if she didn't want to stay, Dex wasn't sure he could allow Riley to walk out those gates without intent to return. The thought made him frown guiltily, but he let out a breath and cleared his face of all expression. He'd cross that bridge when they came to it - for now, they needed to get things in order here.

"And tonight we'll have a guard up around the clock, just in case." Usually the dogs were enough of an alarm system, but up until today they didn't have any inclination that there were people in the area, either. "Any more questions?" He wiped a hand across his eyes, awaiting more, and annoyed at himself for falling back into his old habits. He'd been serious about not wanting to be in a leadership position any longer, but it was a hard thing to break himself of.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit