Mission: Z, IC

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Riley, Conner, Dex
Cecilio was surprised when Dex set a hand on his shoulder though it took a mental reminder to keep him from moving away. He did yawn tiredly and looked to him "You still got that tab I gave you?" He asked Dex. He did shrug off his hand when his grip tightened finding it uncomfortable and not wanting to get snippy due to the fact he was tired. "We have pizza. I think at least a few of the MRE's have some anyway..." He said his tone slowly shifting to one of fatigue. The stim was wearing off and now Cecilio was having to deal with the aspect of crashing hard with the lack of sleep slamming him hard.

He rubbed his eyes and let out a huff swearing under his breath knowing now wasn't a good time to be feeling like this. Especially in front of another group they were supposed be talking with about a truce or agreement of sorts. Ringo slowly approached Riley and curiously sniffed her to try and identify her seeing as Hero regarded her like a friend. His tail eagerly wagged as he joined in with Hero wanting to get some attention as well. Cecilio didn't really mind knowing there almost no chance they would fight given Riley being Dex's sister would cause Dex to try more peaceful methods rather than cause her harm.

-------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 1/4 Full)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded) (Loaned to Dex)
12x 12G buckshot
2 1/2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter
1x 7 string acoustic guitar

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Otto, Conner, Ryan & Ringo

Riley looked to Otto and gave a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Otto." She said before looking to Conner though it was clear he didn't plan on speaking. "Conner thinks so to. He's just shy." Giggling, Riley looked back at Conner. She wasn't surprised to see him giving her an agitated look. She stuck her tongue out playfully before she looked over to Jesse.

Conner's attention was brought away from Riley when one of Dexter's members addressed him about Riley being safe.
"Excuse me if I don't put my trust in those words just yet." Conner replied before he winced in pain. Looking down he saw that Riley had elbowed him in the gut. "What the hell Riles."

"Don't go starting fights. We're suppose to play nice or Ryan will be pissed." Riley muttered as she crossed her arms. It was bad enough that Conner and Dexter had it out for each other. She didn't need Conner's over protectiveness making the whole group hate him. "If you got nothing nice to say don't say it at all."

Conner rolled his eyes at Riley.
"Sometimes I swear you forget i'm older then you." Riley just laughed. "Then act like it." Conner sighed before he ran a hand through his hair. Riley knew she was the only one that could tease Conner so much and get away with it. Though she was proud when Conner ignored Dexter's obvious snort.

"I swear to god, I'm going to have to start putting bells on you people,"

Riley looked over towards Ryan and smirked. "What fun would that be." She said before looking down at Ringo. "Hello" She said held out her hand and waited. Once she knew it was ok she gladly gave him some attention. Riley hadn't even noticed Ryan and Dex were talking till Conner nudged her. His way of telling her it was time to get serious. Getting the message Riley gave Ringo one last pet before she moved next to Conner. Where they stood behind Ryan quietly. All jokes aside, if something did happen to go wrong. It was Conner's and Riley's job to have Ryan's back.

Conner couldn't help but feel smug when Riley moved next to him. He wanted nothing more then to rub it in her brother's face. Though it was normal positioning for Riley. Conner knew to other's it was a way of showing who's side she was on. If anything went down, Riley would fight with them. Conner couldn't help but smirk.

rsz_conner1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Gate People
Ryan's heart quietened somewhat at Dexter's response. It seemed the group were willing to be friendly and reasonable. Things were definitely off to a good start.

"It's good to meet you all," Ryan replied as Dex made the introductions. "Not sure if my two... insubordinate companions did the introductions already but I'm Ryan." His tone wasn't harsh in any way. Even though his words could be considered scolding and disciplinary, the tone in which he delivered them was more jocular and upbeat, than anything. Whether this was for Dexter's group's benefit or for Riley and Conner's, though, was unsure. "This is Conner and Riley. There's two more of us who aren't with us today - Jack and Wes."

As Dexter suggested moving, Ryan smiled and nodded his head. "Having a solid roof over my head is a feeling I've been missing lately. Lead the way."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- FAK (Bandages, Disinfectant, Plasters)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

[fieldbox="Dexter | Ballamory HQ | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Right... well... this way, then." Without waiting any further, Dex turned back towards the house. Though it made him uneasy to turn his back to the two strangers, he trusted his own people enough to know that they would cover him if something happened, and it was a sort of... gesture of good faith, he supposed. He desperately wanted things to go right with this meeting, and the only way he foresaw that happening was if everyone stepped out of their comfort zones and met in the middle.

Once everyone was back at the house, Dex let himself relax a little. The threat of a sniper or the like was damn near negligible at this point, and the other group was outnumbered two to one. Sinking into a chair at the 8-person dining room table with the shotgun slung across his lap, he waited until everyone else was seated before speaking.

"Alright."
Dexter cleared his throat, meeting everyone's gazes around the table before nodding to himself and letting his eyes rest on Riley for just a split second longer before looking away. "I just wanted to go ahead and thank you all, first, for agreeing to meet here. I understand it takes a hell of a lot of faith to walk in here practically unarmed, and I appreciate that. So, let's get down to it." Letting himself slip into Leader Mode, Dexter held Ryan's gaze. "We both know that if Riley hadn't been there yesterday, things would have turned out very, very differently." There was no sense in avoiding the truth, someone would have died yesterday if it hadn't been for Riley - probably both him and Evie, and the cocksucker with the rifle and the bad attitude, Jack. Dexter continued. "However... we've been given an opportunity here, and it's not one we should take lightly. I understand that you know next to nothing about us, and we you, in return, but I think it's safe to say that we all could benefit from some sort of mutual agreement."

From what he'd seen of their group, Dexter didn't think they had a homestead. They looked like they'd been on the road a long time, and hopefully the idea of actual housing and food would appeal to Ryan's sense of duty to care for his people. "We have supplies here... weapons, ammo, food, water. Not an arsenal-" he repeated Jack's word with a bit of vitriol "-but enough to sustain us, enough to get by. And there are houses here, unoccupied, that haven't even been touched. There's plenty of room for the five of you, if we can sort something out, and if you can pull your weight."

Dex paused there, leaned back and giving anyone else who wished to speak the opportunity to do so.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 3
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [in Riley's possession]
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]
Cecilio's Shotgun [in lap]

Backpack
Items: 6
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (1)

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Meeting People

Evie stayed quiet as the meeting got underway. It hadn't been a noticeable transition, at least not one that sprang out of the blue, but where once she had been loud and brash, running her mouth at every situation and decision to get her point across, she had, as of late, been more passive. Dexter was definitely finding his feet as their leader. However, it was obviously more than that... for them two at least.

Still, despite her new-found trust, there were certain issues on her mind bursting to get out. First of which was Riley. Was she really going to treat her brother like this? Evie felt a pang of bitterness run across her chest. If this was the way the miracle was panning out, Riley rejecting her brother after all this time, Evie knew it would do more damage to Dex than good. Still, she silenced her concerns in her own mind for the time being, another one rising to the forefront.

"We have a pretty strong 'Shoe-Burning' policy for those who don't play nice, too," she added, obviously referencing Aveline. "So, you know, call me a whimsical 'Brit-out-of-water' but... manners."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (19 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RTy6UTH.jpg

[/spoili]​

[fieldbox="Wesley | North of Ballamory | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, lawngreen, solid"]

n6n8zQx.jpg
n6n8zQx.jpg

Wes let out a breath as Ryan moved away, following after Conner who, as per usual, had a bug up his ass about Riley. It was normal, but it did get a little taxing at times, watching him try and fail to rein her in. Even under the best of circumstances, Riley couldn't be controlled. And this... well, this wasn't exactly the best of circumstances. Shooting a sidelong glance at Jack, who just stood there looking disgruntled, Wesley moved closer to the fence, wrapping his fist around one of the bars. In the distance, he could see a few people standing together, and after a few minutes, Conner, then a group of people he couldn't identify, and finally, Ryan, joined them. Even though things seemed to be going well, he was tense and uncomfortable. He understood why Jack shouldn't be allowed at the peace treaty meeting (he assumed that's what it was, anyway) but he didn't like being excluded. He wouldn't complain aloud, though. Ryan's decisions thus far had kept them alive and well... and this would be no exception. They'd make it out of this without any casualties. He hoped.

For a few moments, everyone just stood around, and he assumed they were talking though he couldn't hear anything. But then they turned and started walking towards one of the closer houses. "Jack." He said in an urgent whisper. "Jack they're going inside, how are we supposed to see the signal if we can't see Ryan?"

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (3), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (50oz remaining), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

UuW5Fjg.jpg

Interactions: Wes
"We ain't, that's the point," Jack grumbled. "Come on, kid. We're moving." Resting his rifle against his shoulder, Jack began moving the opposite direction around the perimeter, his eyes scanning the fencing and makeshift barriers for weak points. As they walked for a bit, he looked back to Wes. "Okay, listen up. We go charging through the front gates, shit is gonna get messy real quick. I don't want anybody to lose their lives or even a drop of blood for this shit." He kicked his foot into the fencing several times, dislodging some of the panelling and creating an entry point. "Your uncle ain't stupid. Shit starts going south he's either gonna go down trying to be a hero or he's gon' get himself out into the open where we can see him and any targets. I'm hoping for the latter. This is our way in should that happen. Now, you wanna play look-see or should I?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- HK416 (5.56mm x84)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Jerky
- Torch

[fieldbox="Wesley | North of Ballamory | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, lawngreen, solid"]

n6n8zQx.jpg
n6n8zQx.jpg

Following along after Jack, anxiety flooded through Wes. This wasn't a part of the plan, why would Ryan go inside the house? They were outnumbered and outgunned, and now they had no reliable backup. He figured Riley would be safe at the very least, but he wasn't willing to so quickly put the lives of his uncle and his best friend under that same aura of protection... especially knowing that Riley's brother was not a fan of Conner. "They looked like everything was going okay so let's hope they don't need us." Wes whispered, though he wasn't entirely convinced. Flinching as Jack put his foot to the bars enough to make an opening for them, he squeezed through and drew the Beretta, placing himself on the other side of a tall bush so that he wouldn't be noticeable if someone looked out the window, though they were still pretty far off.

"You could probably see better if you use the rifle scope." He replied, leaving the "just don't shoot anyone... yet" hanging in the air between them unspoken.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (3), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (50oz remaining), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

rsz_conner1.jpg

Interactions: Riley

Though Conner didn't like the idea of going out of sight of Wes and Jack. He knew that this meeting was bound to push them all out of their comfort zone. Once they were inside and seated Dexter started to speak. It took everything in Conner's power not voice just how different things could of been if Riley hadn't been there. That said, he was also aware of just how hard this was on her. Riley wouldn't talk about but he was sure there must of been some type of pressure knowing that an alliance was to be built all because of her.

Conner glanced over to Riley, a plain expression cover her face but Conner knew better. He noticed the way her grip tightened on the chairs seat. Covering, as if she was just shifting her weight, or how when Dex wasn't paying attention she glance over for just a second. Riley might be able to hide it from others but Conner could see just how worried she was about this meeting. He had know doubt she would fight with them but that didn't mean that it wouldn't effect her.

Conner reached over and gave Riley's hand a small squeeze. His attention was drawn back toward the meeting once Evie started to speak. 'Those who don't play nice?' Was that directed towards him? Riley had used those same words earlier to him. He was about to ask but Riley had decided to speak up first.

"We're capable of playing nice when necessary. Though I tend to enforce a 'Slap upside the head' policy when needed. I'm sure as long as we handle that and respect each others space. We wont have anything to worry about." Riley said as looked toward Evie. The statement was meant to be harmless though there was a slight challenge in her voice. Who was this chick anyway? From what she got from how Dexter acted around her the day before and what Cecilio said. Her and Dex were close...this unsettled Riley. Was she strong enough to defend herself or was she just added weight that put Dex in danger? Whichever, Riley was determined to find out.

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventory
On Person
Items: 1
CX4 Strom Beretta (13 in clip)

Backpack
Items: 7
Sleeping Bag
Family Picture (Mom, Dad, Dex, Hero & Riley)
A box os 9mm (50 rounds)
Machete with Sheath (hanging from backpack)
Journal
Black Pens (2)
Dex's Glock G29 (15 in clip)

Food: Skittles (1) KitKats (2) Canned Ravioli (2)
Water: 16oz bottle (3)

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Riley, Dex
Cecilio had followed the others inside but called Ringo back to him following the group closely. When they all met in the dining room and Dex had spoke his piece Cecilio decided to at least introduce himself and his purpose. "I'm Cecilio but just call me Jesse it's my middle name and you less likely to forget that. I'm the group medic/doctor as well as somewhat of a gunsmith. As Dex said pull your weight and things will be fine. As for food...Dex you really want to give our new guests MRE's or should I go try and catch some fish?" He asked him knowing the idea of a fresh meal would perk their interest.

To Cecilio it did at least address the issue he wanted to point out with food as the MRE's would be better purposed as travel food or reserves rather than meals and with all the new people it crossed his mind they might be pressed for food. He crossed his arms not taking a seat but remaining standing leaning against the wall while Ringo went off into the other rooms of the HQ and did what he pleased. He couldn't help but chuckle at Riley and her 'upside the head' policy. "If you can reach me Myshka then by all means." He teased Riley a little.

"Provided I'll need to talk to you all later to get medical history." He said preferring to at least keep tabs on everyone's health. He felt that was still his job though at the same time it was better to know if there would be a problem down the line or not. "Come to think of it I still need to get everyone else's as well..." He murmured noting it had dawned on him that they'd been busy trying to live and survive he'd yet to bother asking the others for their medical information.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
12x 12G buckshot
2 1/2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

UuW5Fjg.jpg

Interactions: Wes
"Would if I had one..." Jack groaned, concurring with the sentiment. "I got nothing but silhouette's. No way to PID." Jack shuffled up next to Wes in the bush, remaining in a sitting position as he rested his rifle and elbow on his knee for a more stable firing position. As time passed, Jack remained quiet, simply watching, keeping himself alert for slight change in atmosphere.

Items on Person:
- HK416 (5.56mm x84)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Jerky
- Torch

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Meeting People
Ryan folded his arms, ears open as he was content simply to listen for a while. He realized what this meeting meant. If things went well, they'd be neighbours or even all one big family. If that was to be the case, he needed to know what boundaries they were going to work within and not just those set forward by Dexter. He grimaced a little bit when Riley made her statement in retort to the ginger haired girl, though not enough for it to be too noticeable. Riley was his guarantor in this meeting. Without her, the danger was a thousand-fold and this would have been a very different set up. However, despite her being the safety mechanism in his machine preventing this from turning into a bloodbath, she also knew how to be confrontational sometimes, as did Connor... as did everybody but Wes, on that account.

"I'm sure that playing nice and pulling our weight won't be a problem," Ryan assured, resting his elbows on the table. "As for the offer on medical check-ups, I hope you don't mind my bluntness in this rejection, but I tend to have a policy of not letting strangers put their fingers in my mouth until at least the second date." He scratched at his chin a moment, looking between Riley and Conner and then back to Dexter. "I'll be honest Dexter, your offer is very generous. To let us in your home, to allow us this hospitality and to offer us a place here. I need a guarantee, though. Any trouble from my end, you let me sort it and I'll offer you the same courtesy. I'm sure playing nice will work out just great but as you said, yesterday could have ended very differently. You know your people and I know mine; if you're willing to work together on ironing that out, I don't see why we can't enjoy a beautiful time here together." Leaning across the table, Ryan offered out his hand to solidify the negotiations. "You give us a roof over our heads, we add our supplies, muscle and intuition to yours - I have some nice intel on Minden, to boot - what do you say?"

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

Otto Williams
-

While Otto could of put forward his voice to the conversation he chose to remain silent, watching everyone here. He had made sure to be away from any windows in the room in case the man called Ryan had anyone outside watching because even though everything was going well so far Otto was still a tad paranoid. For the most part he approved of what was being planned as well as Ryan himself though Otto knew this whole thing was being colored by Dex's desire to be nearer to his sister which Otto understood a little too well but that was a story for another time. He wasn't too fond of the kid called Conner though, seemed a little smug and arrogant for Otto's tastes but he was just getting that vibe and would reserve judgement until he spoke to him more. Otto had no opinion on Riley but again would need to form one after speaking to her. Overall he thought this whole thing was going rather well though he was almost certain that Ave was gonna walk into the situation and cause the whole thing to become a standoff.
-
On person:
1x PTR
4x 20 round magazines
1x Revolver
36x 38 special rounds
1x canteen (3/4 full)
In pack:
360x 308 rounds
1x knife
1x sharpening kit
1x cleaning kit

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Dexter | Ballamory HQ | 19 September 2026 - Early Morning, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Well in that case, I say we have ourselves an agreement." Dexter leaned forward, grasping Ryan's hand across the table and giving it a firm shake before pulling away. He surveyed the group, looking for any signs of malcontent and seeing nothing that was blatantly obvious to him. Otto actually looked pleased, if not a bit pensive, and Jesse just looked exhausted. He'd expected as much, since the group had been informed of the hopeful outcome of this meeting last night and would have brought up objections then had they had any. But so far, thankfully, things had gone to plan.
Standing, Dexter nodded, satisfied.
"What do you say we go and gather the rest of your group and have a chat about Minden while we're at it?"

Though he'd spent most of his time in the military overseas in Japan, Dex knew that there was a base in Minden. Not a huge one, which had led him to overlooking it until now, but Ryan's words had jarred his memory, stirring a hopeful optimism that there might be something worth finding there. And now that they had nearly twice the manpower, making a trip there probably wasn't a bad idea. But before he brought it up with the others, he wanted to see if Ryan had a game plan already in place... something in particular his group was after, or if it was going to just be the usual sort of scavenge-and-pray sort of thing. If there was one obstacle in their way of becoming a cohesive group, it was that there would likely be a lot of stepping on each other's toes while everyone got acclimated. But they'd deal with it.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

----------------------------------------------
Time Skip
---------------------------------------------

Following the meeting's amicable conclusion, the groups merged into one. It was by no means going to be a flawless and seamless transition, but it was one that was, for the most part, for the better. Whether that would remain true throughout the days, months and years to come was another story, however.

---------------------------------
1 Day Later
20th September 2026 - 0900 Hours
Ballamory HQ
-------------------------------

JmY9S3q.jpg

"Okay, so this is the place," Ryan spoke, pointing his finger to a map, the indicated location noted by a big, red circle. "During the early days of the apocalypse, it seems the military was trying to get people to congregate in central Minden to hand out supplies to those who needed them while building something of a safe zone. However, judging by the documents we found on our last excursion in to the town, something went wrong. The perimeter the military had set up around the central area of the town collapsed and the infected broke through. The place should have gone abandoned ever since then. If we get there, we get our hands on all of the candy inside. The supply station in question was built out of the old methodist church, just round the corner from the local hospital. It's a high-risk zone, lots of opportunity for high infected presence and ambushes. But with all of us together? I think we can pull this off."

---------------------------------
3 Hours Later
20th September 2026 - 1200 Hours
North Minden

-------------------------------

The walk into Minden took about about 2 and a half hours as expected. As they approached the town limits, the treeline that flanked either side of the road slowly started to give way to more houses, the area transition slowly but surely into a residential district. Minden was a small town and the sparseness of the area showed it. Nearing the centre of the town, their destination, a large sign hung over an old billboard.

The Redeemed will be forever rewarded in heaven.

Discounting the words, the group pressed onwards until they found themselves at a major intersection and at their first obstacle. A large horde, aggressively stampeding towards them forced the group to scatter, ducking into any nearby shadow the could find. It was obvious who made the noise that triggered them, but suddenly the horde became alert to the groups presence. Fleeing being the only option, the new make-shift groups ran in their opposite directions, fleeing with the same destination in mind - the supply depot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 1:
Group 1 broke south, fleeing across the intersection and losing their pursuers in the network of alleyways. They now find themselves in an old clothing department store, having burst in through the back entrance to evade their infected entourage.
Members
Evie, Riley, Liz, Jack

Group 2:
Group 2 took the main attention of the horde, fleeing eastward their only refuge was an old bank. Using the security to keep the ravenous horde at bay, the group must figure out a way to escape and lose their fan club.
Members
Otto, Ave, Conner, Wes

Group 3:
Group 3 found themselves forced west bound, still heading towards their objective. However, like the others, in the hope of breaking line of sight with the angered horde, the group cut through the old city hall. What they will find inside, however, is yet to be seen.
Members
Dex, Ryan, Cecilio

Otto Williams
Interaction: Members of group 2
Mentions: Other groups
-

It had been a long time since he had ran that far or that fast but the threat of getting infected was a powerful motivator, the ones who were running with him or at least in the same direction we're Ave whom he had given her bat back to before they had left, Conner and the one guy who had come out of the tree line earlier after the initial meeting, Wes. He hadn't seen anyone get taken by the horde but he couldn't be sure.
A bank was the closest open building which they all seemed to gravitate towards. All four of them had burst through the doors pretty much at the same time with the horde not too far behind, he turned and was about to open fire on the horde but he saw the doors had some heavy duty security style roller shutters. "SHUTTERS." He yelled to the others as he ran up and grabbed the bottom of one and pulled it down hoping the others were doing the same.
----
On person:
1x PTR
4x 20 round magazines
1x Revolver
62x 38 special rounds
1x canteen (4/4 full)
In pack:
360x 308 rounds
1x knife
1x sharpening kit
1x cleaning kit

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Jack, Liz, Riley

"Holy buggering shit!" Evie exclaimed, desperately trying to get her breath back. "Did you see how many were out there!?" Her eyes scanned about the room, taking a moment to observe her surroundings. It appeared to be an old clothing store. The building had two floors, the majority of the clothing still on the racks. The back door had been secured so hopefully the infected would be held back.

It was quite odd. The infected they were encountering in Minden were fast, faster than usual. It's like they could match human speed without any need or want of a break. It was as if they had only just turned, the first days of the outbreak all over again.

"Did you see any of the others?" she asked, her thoughts turning to Dex and the rest of her group.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (19 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RTy6UTH.jpg

[/spoili]​

UuW5Fjg.jpg

Interactions: Evie, Riley, Liz
As Evie spoke, Jack pressed out further into the shop, his rifle at the ready. Each step was rehearsed, his noise profile practically none existent. While the others recovered from the run, he swept the first floor with his eyes. The building seemed clear enough. The clothes racks and several displays blocked his visuals on most of the premises but with how much noise they were making, if they weren't alone they would have known quite quickly.

"I saw Ryan running with Riley's brother, seemed like they were making good progress. Not sure about the others," Jack answered.

Items on Person:
- HK416 (5.56mm x84)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Jerky
- Torch

[fieldbox="Dexter | Ballamory HQ | 20 September 2026 - Early Afternoon, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

The coming together of the two groups, while peaceful, wasn't exactly comfortable. That he sensed the moment the deal was solidified, and everyone was in the same place. It was strange going from talking about possibly having to kill these people, to sharing their home with them. But Dexter had faith that everyone would stay in line. For the time being, at least. The aim of this whole trip was to bring everyone closer together - nothing encouraged bonding like a life or death experience - and, whether fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you looked at it, they were now without a choice in the matter.

It seemed almost as if the horde came out of thin air. One moment, the group was alone, walking the streets of Minden in what could be described as an awkward, tense silence. The next, what looked like dozens of Infected were swarming the streets, aimed directly at them, like attack dogs given a command. It didn't make sense, the way they were moving, the way they were acting. It seemed organized like nothing they'd experienced so far... so unnatural that it had taken them by surprise, forced them to split up despite his best efforts to avoid that very thing.

As the door of the City Hall shut behind the three of them, Dexter wrenched backwards on it, feeling the locks click into place as bodies slammed against it on the other side. The click of the deadbolt sliding into the box was loud and definitive. There was no way they were going back through that door anytime soon. And that door led to everyone else. He'd caught a glimpse of Riley and Evie sprinting in the same direction as Liz, with Jack not far behind them. That fact alone was enough for a sense of pure dread to settle over him, and for once, he hoped that Riley's friend, Conner, had managed to follow her, too.
He wasn't as worried about the others - Otto was more than capable of taking care of himself, and anyone with him would only bolster that ability. He just hoped that no one had gotten separated on their own.

"Fuck." Dex exclaimed angrily, backing away from the door and wrenching the loaned Sig Sauer from his Glock's holster. One quick, immediate sweep of the room they were in disclosed that they were alone, and, satisfied, he stormed back towards the door. "We've got to find a way to get back out there." He growled. "We need to regroup." There was no question that he was panicking, and it bothered him as much as it likely would the others. Hero crouched at his feet, ears back and trembling gently at the unfiltered worry and fear that emanated off of his master. Dex crouched beside him, stroking his face reassuringly and both regretting and thankful for bringing the dog with him. There was no one to look after him back at Ballamory, and if something prevented them from going back he'd probably starve. Here, he was directly in the line of fire so to speak, but at least Dexter could protect him. Better than Evie and his sister, apparently. He took a deep breath, calming himself with the petting as much as he was the dog. "I didn't see anyone go down, but I don't have enough eyes to have seen everything. Did either of you..?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
P226 Sig Sauer (10 in clip) [on right leg]

Backpack
Box of 46 9mm Rounds
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Ryan, Dex
Cecilio was practically terror stricken by the horde they encountered but he snapped himself back and bolted with Dexter and Ryan with Ringo close in tow. When the doors shut Cecilio let out a huff and lowered his rifle though he knew they were between a rock and a hard place. He kept his nerve more adjusted to being in situations that weren't ideal especially ones involving infected. "Jesus fuck. I haven't seen a horde like that since Los Angeles..." He commented as he looked around to make sure they were alone and then for an alternate exit. He knew odds were that there was at least a fire exit of some sort that they could probably use.

Cecilio heard Dex want to get back to the others and he quickly replied "We'll find a way but for now we need things to simmer down before we try anything." He stated as he snapped his fingers and Ringo quickly made his way to him. He pat Ringos head and murmured "Fuckers were on us before either of the dogs could pick them up at all." He said noting these infected were fast more so than usual almost like fresh ones. He did let Ringo wander knowing he trained the dog the best he could on how to deal with infected and he could at least alert them if there were any in the building.

He sighed rummaging to see if there was anything that could be of use to them though he didn't hold much hope for it. He paused for a moment when Dex asked if either of them someone go down and he paused before giving his answer. "If they did they're long dead by now...so mentally prepare yourself for that just in case..." He said not have any issues if someone died at least at the moment. He knew it sounded cold but if they lost focus or let themselves get bogged down in mourning it made them a walking target. All that Cecilio was concerned about at the moment was the fact they were in a place that had one way in and while they were 'safe' he was more than uncomfortable with it and his mind began to focus on fall back points to see if they could at least fall back and gun down the infected.

"We need to find a different exit and soon." He said eyeing the door warily knowing it could only keep the infected out for only so long. He let out a slightly annoyed growl before he pulled out a half the cigarette and lit it after he shouldered his rifle. He took a drag and steadied himself much more prepared this time and not coughing like before. "There's got to be a fire exit. We just need to decide are we going to fight our way out to link up or should we wait it out?" He said referring to Dex and Ryan holding the cigarette between his lips now as he held his rifle in his hands once more.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
12x 12G buckshot (loaned to Dex)
2x Cigarettes
1x Lighter

1x Trauma kit

At Apartment:
1 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm) (on Loan to Dex)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded) (loaned to Dex)

Last edited: