Harrison let the man vent. Hell, he'd ranted for almost an hour on a holodeck when he'd realized what the 'good' Doctor Haser had done. Philanthropic his ass! That man had seen Cassandra's brilliance and used her need to give himself a way to steal that for his own. Cassandra herself had no aspirations of greatness or renown, she only wanted to help people.

Once Erik finished Harrison sat down next to him. "When I first discovered this three years ago, I tried to find a way to remove it. The Doctor that implanted it wanted to make sure his steady supply of intelligence and innovation was never removed. It was implanted in such a way that he could inflict pain if she were to ever stop working as he felt she should, and to kill her if she ever expressed the intent of removing it. I don't know what she said yesterday, but he must have felt she was going to do just that and he threw the kill switch. I hope I was in time..."

Point held on tight, "This has been the worst day of my life...totally the worst..." She said softly but did not elaborate. She knew Harrison would speak and she didn't really know how to explain it all anyway. She just needed this hug.

Harrison looked at Cassandra and shook his head, "No...this is the aftermath of it. Dumbass Edwards attempted to assassinate the Director, and very nearly succeeded. Ca....Doctor Brandford saved him, but it was a close thing. Edwards lost his hand, but more than likely he is wishing we'd let him die about now. Captain Sokolov has him now, but not before some guards beat the crap out of him. They took Graves too, apparently he brought in the stuff to make the poison. That moron always about money...I never thought he'd do something like that though...." He shook his head as it drooped toward the floor a little along with his shoulders, "I should have been watching over the Doc a little closer...might have noticed something was wrong ..."

Point frowned and lifted her head a bit, "There was nothing else you could have done Harrison...She shouldn't have trusted graves and neither should you.."

Harrison shrugged, "Maybe...but a lot of lives were saved because we did. There's always two sides to a story..." He stood when the package came in and absently opened it and removed the items and stowed them where Cassandra expected them to be. He straightened as if only just then realizing something. "You guys are here to have those weapons removed. Sorry..been a very long day. Yours will be easier Ritkof...next Bay please."

Once they were in the bay and he had the area closed off he met Erik's gaze, "Not to worry about the good Doctor Haser. I think the Director is taking care of him. Not that I wouldn't love to be a fly on the wall and see it all, but I have a feeling his way of handling it will be satisfactory." Brutal, and shaming he hoped. He also hoped that Cassandra got the credit for all her discoveries that he KNEW the man had stolen. He'd been researching him ever since he'd found the fail safe and he'd seen time after time when he'd stolen Cassandra's research, techniques and vaccines and claimed they were his breakthroughs. The man had amassed a fortune off of that single eye implant, and he could only imagine how many others were out there and how many times he'd flipped a switch without anyone being there to intervene. It grated on his nerves to think about it, so he pressed the errant thoughts from his mind and focused on removing the laser from Erik's hand. It was a simple thing for him, since he'd designed it but there were many crucial steps involved to allow the hand to function properly afterward. He reattached the hand and touched the palm to activate it again. "has it been working well?" he asked as he checked the seams on the attachment area. He liked his implants to be as near to invisible as possible. He intended for no one to know his people even had an implant, so they could lead stigma free lives. "Sorry for all this trouble. I should have realized hidden weapons were a problem...I really was trying to help.."

Point was quiet after Harrison said lives were saved. She knew that much was true. How many times had graves managed to get them crucial vaccines in the nick of time? Too many to count really. "Have you ever felt like everything you believed was a lie?" She asked as she leaned back a bit. "Thank you for that hug...I have been having a bit of a breakdown." She admitted, "I was so mad at Cass and then terrified she would die a second later...nothing is going to be the same now...no one trusts us anymore."

Harrison emerged with Erik and waved to Dante, "You're up Dante." Having heard Point's last comment she shook his head, "They still trust us in the ways it counts Point. They know this is an excellent medical team. That's what's important. The other stuff ... well.. we'll just have to prove we learned from our past mistakes....won't we?" leaving her with Erik to ponder what he'd said, he ushered Dante into the bay and after cleaning up the area he removed Dante's arm and disassembled the gun he'd placed there. He set it aside and put the arm back together and reattached it. "How had it been working?" he asked and reiterated his apology. These guys had a lot on their plate and the mess he'd caused them weighed heavily on him. They emerged about thirty minutes later. "You are both good to go, but I'm going to submit these to Doctor Brunel for future use on the field, so...hopefully you'll get to use them some day."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunruffle
Erik frowned apprehensively and nodded tiredly in agreement with Harrison. "Damn right, hope the Director puts that fucking hack through the wringer." With the weapon removed, Erik wiggled his fingers experimentally as he let out a short laugh. "I knew that guy was an idiot, but I didn't think he would be stupid enough to try and murder the Director himself. As for your man Graves... I'm no expert on people to me it sounds like Graves thought he could let dipshit take the heat and come out with a profit. Honestly he seemed like a guy that would be smarter than helping Doctor Cockwaffle. But I guess he was only about the money after all." Standing up, Erik patted Harrison's shoulder. "No big deal about your upgrades, probably impressed the Director more than anything."

Back in the lobby, Dante smiled and ruffled Poinr's hair. "You just gotta go with the flow. Trust me I know how bad things can get, but ya just gotta ride it out and learn from it. At least that is what I read in one of my books, but it makes sense. You, Harry, and Doc just gotta have each other's backs. You go around being paranoid, you are just making it harder on yourself." As Erik walked out, Dante gave Point one more hug then walked into the medbay with Harrison. Sitting down on the table, Dante laughed loudly and slapped Harrison's back. "It's working just fine, though next time put a snack compartment instead of a gun. Gotta love food on the go." Standing up, Dante arched an eyebrow when Harrison mentioned Doctor Brunel. "You talking about the Brunel who runs the research place? Careful Workin with her, she looks nice but she doesn't take any shit. She punched out one of the local guards awhile ago in the gym. You mess with her you ain't getting latrine duty, you most likely gonna lose some teeth."

Harrison grinned, "I have faith in the man's creativity where such things are concerned. What I'd like to see is Doc getting the credit for her discoveries instead of some thief. I've been keeping tabs on the guy since I found the fail safe and he's been announcing her innovations in technique as his own, as well as some of her treatment methods and cures. I know Doc doesn't care about all that, but she deserves the credit. She's the one out here working her tail off." As they walked out he mentioned Graves, "yeah, I didn't take him for that kind of money grubber...but I guess some peoplea re good at hiding who they really are." He walked out with him and chuckled a bit, a very rare thing from him. "I can hope so...he doesn't seem like a man that is easy to impress.

Point accepted the comfort and the advice, "I'll try. I just never thought Doc would knowingly allow such things. Makes me sad really." It was obvious from her reaction and comments that Point had Cassandra up on a pretty high pedestal. It was never an easy thing when you hero topples off your throne, even a little. She watched him go into the medbay with Harrison and looked at Erik, "How are you?" she asked quietly, "hard to see her like that isn't it?" She sighed, "I've never seen her hurt before...it's almost like she has some kind of low flying guardian angel or something."

Harrison nodded, "You know...it wouldn't be difficult to adapt what's there now with a cooling property and you'd have one. I never actually thought about storing those kinds of supplies in the implants, but that's a very good idea." Those wheels were turning a mile a minute and you could almost see them. He mentioned the research department and he nodded, "One and the same, I'm working there a few days a week. It's the only way to get some of my inventions into the field with you guys where they belong." He laughed loud, "Oh I've heard and I've seen first hand. However, She's never worked with anyone like me before and ... not to worry... I can hold my own. I may have chosen the healing side of the battle, but that doesn'e mean I'm a pushover."

Point heard the laugh and blinked, "Wonder what he said to get that out of the big guy? He almost never laughs...come to think of it I've never heard him talk this much either."

Meanwhile....far away...

Doctor Haser looked at the screen that contained Cassandra Brandford's file and feed. For the first time in over a decade the feed was blank. he was going to miss her. He had been promoted five times because of her discoveries and brilliance and he didn't have another implant in anyone with half as much potential. Pity to have had to lose her at this stage, when she had access to such secret work. But, what had to be done, had to be done. He couldn't have her removing the feed and operating on her own. Someone might find out that 'his' procedures didn't originate with him and that wasn't something he was willing to risk. He had a reputation to protect and it was quite a prestigious one now.

As Dr. Haser thought to himself, the office door burst open to reveal a trio of men in suits and balaclavas. Walking in, two of the Intruders spread out and began tearing through drawers and hacking devices. The third pointed a blocky pistol with a silencer attached at Haser's chest and spoke in a monotone voice. "Doctor Haser, sit down. You seem to have messed with someone who reaaally does not like you. You cooperate, you might get out of this alive." Of course this was a lie, but it was easier to get targets to cooperate if they thought they had a chance to weasel their way out.

Back at SOG home base. Erik and Dante had left the hospital (with Dante giving Point another hug), and the local guard had returned to being his normal amicable self. Another crate full of supplies had been delivered via drone, but this one had a few extra items. For Harrison, there was an entire set of high quality tools used for making artificial limbs. But along with the tools a small handbook detailing various rules and base regulations had been attached, obviously to make sure the creative technician did not cause any more trouble. For Point, she received three antique books made from actual paper with protective cases. Obviously the Director had noticed Point's fascination with books and was rewarding her for a job well done. While the gesture was kind in nature, it was tainted slightly by the fact that the Director got the information from his constant spying.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Point smiled at Dante's retreating form as they left. She knew she'd be feeling those hugs long into the night and that it would help her cope and get over the events of the day. Seeing the crate of supplies she'd left Harrison to go through it and returned to Cassandra's bay to monitor her vitals.

Harrison organized the supplies, keeping the last few ingredients for making more antidote together so that he could make more, in case someone else had contact with that poison and needed treatment. He lifted the book on facility regulations and chuckled as he set it on the desk to read once everything was put away. He was a quick study and even gave a thumbs up to the cameras as he set it down. He'd messed up, and he was willing to admit it. Making sure it never happened again was something he planned to take very seriously. Lifting the books out of the box he turned them this way and that reading the spines and letting his hand run over them. It had been a very long time since he'd seen such books, probably elementary school or maybe even before that, he couldn't be sure.

He took the pile of books and entered Cassandra's room and handed them to Point, "From the Director for you." was all he said. he knew they were being spied on, and he didn't really care. He had nothing to hide. His life was work and sleep and nothing else. he wasn't sure Point would make the connection to being spied on and he wasn't going to fill in the gaps. Let her think the Director was a kind generous man, and be happy.

He went back to the main desk and began to write a message to Doctor Brunel.

I realize I have only just begun to work with your department, but Doctor Brandford was attacked and had to have immediate surgery. She is still in recovery. I cannot leave the medical unit until she is able to return to her duties. Please forward this to Sam, along with my apologies. She is welcome to contact me and I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. I want to thank you for the opportunity to utilize my ideas and I look forward to returning without delay.

Sgt. Harrison

Doctor Haser did indeed stand up when the men entered his office and began rifling through his files and destroying his devices. When the gun was pointed at his chest however, he sat down and swallowed all of the words that were burning his tongue. "What are you looking for? Who sent you?" He saw them breaking things and his hand shot out, "No...stop...you don't know what you're doing!!"

As the masked men continued to ransack Doctor Haser's office, the gunman poked the panicking doctor with the barrel of his pistol. "We know exactly what we are doing. So just shut up and sit still." A few minutes later, one of the masked Intruders walked over to Haser and pulled a blocky device from his pocket. Roughly grabbing Haser's hand, he proceeded to scan his finger prints as well as take a DNA sample. Once done, the three masked men did one more sweep of the office then regrouped in front of Haser. "Well doctor, it seems our work here is done. Just need to do one last thing then we will be on our way."

Eventually Doctor Haser would be discovered in his office...dead of course. Holding a pistol registered in his name with a bullet in his skull. A handrwitten note in Doctor Haser's (perfectly copied) handwriting was left out describing his guilt over stealing other Doctor's work and how he could no longer handle the constant reminders. His office had been restored to it's normal appearance with any trace of the Intruders cleanly erased. His data terminal had been left on with files of all of his stolen work labelled in alphabetical order. The original creators were not credited, but Haser had (apparently) admitted to his guilt and wrote that all of his work should be donated to the Interplanetary Committee of Medicine for all to use.

• Love
The hours sitting in the Medical Bay watching Cassandra lie there so still were frustrating for Point and utterly nerve wracking for Harrison. He was determined to keep her sedated for three full days to give her body the best chance for recovery without any after effects. He had no idea if he'd been fast enough to prevent any permanent damage, but he hoped to God he had been. Keeping her sedated as he was, there was no way to know for sure. Her vitals were good, but that's not what concerned him. Was the implant going to function? Had he saved the optic nerve in time? Was her brain injured by the acid? It seemed that her brain was at least able to keep her involuntary functions regular and even. It was a good sign.

"She looks so pale," Point's voice interjected into his troubled thoughts.

"She always looks pale."

"True but this is different...I think."

Harrison turned to her, "She'll be ok."

"Promise"

"She's been hurt worse and come out of it. She's tough."

He hadn't promised, but he was trying to reassure her anyway. But if he'd been totally sure, he'd have promised. The fact that he didn't feel he could promise her a favorable outcome had her looking back to Cassandra. "Don't you think about staying in that bed Missy." a sassy tone accompanied by a fist on the hip. "You're going to get up and start bossing everyone around,just like you always do. You hear me?" Her bravado faltered on the last three words and her lips trembled. her frazzled emotional state wasn't helping matters as tears slid down her cheeks again. Brushing them away angrily, "Damn it I hate crying...I hate change...I hate this day..."

Harrison stepped around the bed and pulled her into his arms, "I know Jen. Why don't you go rest a bit. I'll watch her. Read one of those books...get yourself back to normal..."'

Her face buried into his chest and she clung to him tightly for a few minutes. Finally she stepped away and picked up her books and then she smiled at him crookedly, "That's the first time you ever called me Jen." Lowering her head then, she left him there alone with all his own doubts and insecurities. Yes, she had trained him and he was capable, but he was not her and he was very well aware of it at that moment.

He sat down and decided to send a message to Sam himself, in case Brunel was busy.

Sorry to abandon you in the middle of this project. I can't leave the medical unit at the moment. But, if you need help with anything send me a message and I'll do my best to give a good answer. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Harrison

He set the tablet aside and glanced up at the screens. Two more days. He wasn't sure hew as going to be able to stick to his plan.

The base continued to operate normally as Cassandra slept. Jerry came in to ask some more questions, but otherwise the two days were uneventful. The third day arrived and Jerry arrived in the early morning to oversee Cassandra's awakening. Greeting Point and Harrison sleepily, Jerry followed them into the room housing Cassandra. Looking at all the various monitors and machines curiously, Jerry absentmindedly tapped his datapad against his leg. "So how long do you estimate it will take for Doctor Brandford to regain her senses? Director Valentine wants her mental and physical abilities evaluated as soon as possible."

Harrison hadn't slept well the night prior to waking Cassandra. His mind was troubled over his abilities and the length of time that had elapsed between Haser flipping the switch and his being able to remove the foul technology from her head. He played the whole agonizing scene over and over in his mind, and while he couldn't see anything he could have done differently, it still tortured him.

He was at the desk long before morning, going over his notes, and triple checking the best way to ease her out of sedation. He was buried in the notes and wasn't really aware when Point had joined him. He just happened to look up and see her standing there silently. "Oh...sorry...didn't see you..."

"You ok?"

He shrugged as he set the notes aside and leaned back in the chair, "I'll be able to better answer that in a few hours."

"She's going to be fine, you know," Jen encouraged. "You did a good job..."

"We'll know soon enough, but thanks." He heard the doors slide open and Jerry walked in. "Morning," he said absently and then gave the man's question some thought. "She usually responds well to treatment, but this was a different kind of thing. I'll be able to answer that better once she's conscious and I can compare vitals and test her reflexes and mental acuity."

Jen looked at the two, "She's going to be fine damnit! Stop talking about her like she's a machine..."

Harrison blinked, "Since Jerry's here we may as well start to ease her off the sedation."

The three went into the bay and Harrison decreased her meds in steady amounts over the next half hour. It was not even ten minutes later here eyes fluttered open and Harrison placed a steadying hand on her shoulder to keep her from trying to move. "Stay still...let me check your vitals..."

Cassandra's head was throbbing oddly and things were a bit out of focus, "Blurry..." She croaked out. Her throat was dry and so were her lips. "What happened?"

Jen leaned in while Harrison did what he had to do, "That stupid Doctor Haser tried to kill you....how do you feel?"

Cassandra looked at Point and tried to focus, it was hard but she did remember the stab of pain. "I should be dead....what happened?"

"Harrison saved you...carried you in here and worked his magic.."

Harrison blushed a bit under Points praise, "I did what you would have done."

"I have one of your eyes now?"

"You do...I'll adjust it when I can. First things first. Your vitals are steady and normal. Do you have any pain?"

"Dull throbbing behind the implant, nothing horrible...could be residual swelling." She was diagnosing herself as they spoke. "How long have I been out?"

Harrison blushed a bit and looked sheepish.

"How long?"

"Three days."

"WHAT?!" she rolled over to her elbow and threw her legs over the side of the cot to get up. "I can't believe you did that..."

He managed to stop her from standing, "Easy...you'll black out if you get up too fast."

She knew that but three days?? Her mind was screaming. "How is the Director?| She asked when she realized what she'd been doing last. Had anyone been checking on him? Was her having any residual effects from the toxin? There was so much going on in her mind and all at once. She tried moving her head and it was then that she noticed someone else was in the room. "Have I done something else??" she asked thinking he was there to arrest her or something. "What happened to Graves? And Edwards?" sitting up the dull throb was a bit more intense, but still wasn't anything she'd allow to keep her in this bed.

Harrison was watching and listening closely. He was used to her stubbornness and that was exactly WHY he'd kept her sedated for three days. But he was watching her face for signs of differential movement or paralysis. There was no evidence of it visually, and that encouraged him. He reached for her hands and before he asked she squeezed them. "Equal strength...that's good."

Cassandra looked at him then, "You're worried I'm not fully functional?"

"I worked as fast as I could, but there was a lot of damage, barely saved your optic nerve...but there was tissue damage as well.."

"Brain tissue...of course." Again she was taking mental inventory of her physical body. She raised her arms, then lifted her calves and then twisted left and then right. "I need to stand.."

Harrison knew it was futile to argue so he wrapped an arm around her waist and lifted her off the bed. "You ok?"

"Yes. But stay close in case I'm wrong." She took a slow step forward and felt an odd tingling up the outside of her right leg. When she stepped forward with the left it was absent. Taking another step she frowned, "Right side nerve damage in the anterior region. Tingling and weakness are present. Left side is unaffected." Her voice was cold and analytical as it always was during diagnosis. "I can't be sure if it will give out or just be annoying. Therapy will be necessary for determining long term outlook."

Harrison had the tablet set to record as he stood close. "It might improve as you heal."

"Undoubtedly. The brain will find another pathway in time. I"m pleased to be speaking clearly and remembering things. It's a good sign and proof of your abilities. You've always been a good student...Now I can call you a colleague."

Jerry laughed softly as Cassandra immediately started pushing herself and self diagnosing herself. "Mister Graves and Doctor Edwards are still being questioned by Captain Sokolov I believe. Also you are not in any trouble, I am just here to see if you would need any extra treatments that would be required for your recovery. We can't have our only capable doctor out of commission can we?" Making a few notes on his datapad, Jerry turned around and headed out of the medical wing leaving the three to themselves.

A few seconds later, the local guard/doorman peeked around the corner to the room Cassandra was in like a concerned parent. "Dok-tor, you okay? Still sick? Uhh..." He furrowed his brow in concentration and after a few seconds of intense thinking spoke again. "Oh! Others say you...hi-drate. Need wa-tor for be healthy." With his professional medical advice given, the guard gave a quick glare to Harrison and Point. To clearly remind them that like most guards, he only respects Cassandra. His duty done, the guard stomps back to his post by the door and resumes his favorite activity of picking his fingernails.

• Haha
Cassandra looked at Jerry, "that's a relief," she huffed out very glad she hadn't done anything else wrong. Still being questioned? three days later? Natalya was milking this opportunity for all it was worth apparently, though she couldn't blame her. Given the opportunity she'd likely do bodily harm to both men herself. Her gaze remained with Jerry though, "The director is well? No residual lingering effects of the toxin?"

The tingling in her left leg was annoying and she wasn't totally sure it would respond to therapy, but she knew it was the next logical step in treatment. Glancing then up at Harrison, "You recorded the procedure I hope....and took good notes..."

Harrison smiled, "Of course...you taught me well..."

Cassandra leaned her head against his shoulder and gave him a sideways squeeze, "Good..." turning back to Jerry, "I'll have a detailed report for the Director once I've watched the video of the procedure and been through a round of therapy." He left and she wondered what he had been there for really...but she didn't voice any of those thoughts aloud.

"It's a good thing you are such an attentive student Harrison..." She was about to say more when the guard poked his head in. Her smile immediately perked up seeing him and she bowed her head slightly, "I do need water...thank you. I appreciate your concern. I will be fine." For whatever reason she just adored the guards and the native population in general. It meant a great deal to her that they trusted her and even seemed to like her. Once the guard left though she leaned heavily against Harrison, "Ok I need to sit...I need fluids and food..." She hated feeling weak and needy, but there was nothing to be done for it. "I can watch the procedure while I wait for those..."

Harrison shook his head, "You are already over stimulating..."

Cassandra just flashed him a quelling look.

"You are and you know it. How's that dull throb? Pounding yet?"

"It's tolerable, and less than I would expect actually. The slight blur in the vision is distracting but..."

"I can adjust it...you should be able to tolerate it." He touched the back of her jawbone and the side of her face opened and exposed the implant. He could see that the optic nerve had begun to attach nicely and that there was a bit of scar tissue forming as well. he'd have to keep an eye on that. He made a few adjustments and then closed the chamber. "Ok, how is that?"

Cassandra could see what he was doing, even the adjustments he was making as he made them. They were a series of numbers and images but she knew what they meant. He closed the chamber that housed her implant and she looked around. "Much better...perfect...What implant did you give me?" She was already worried about not having her helpful diagnostic tool even with all the ramifications it had just caused.

"My version of Haser's monstrosity."

"I didn't know you'd finished it."

Harrison shrugged, "It's able to be updated and improved as we go. I gave you more diagnostic channels and access to your databank...which I dare say is far more reliable than anything Haser might have had."

Cassandra smiled, "Maybe...I'll have to give it a test run once I've eaten, and watched you working on my head."

Point smiled, "I'll go up to the dining room and get you something to eat...want me to bring something back for you too big guy?"

He nodded as he handed Cassandra a bottle of water.

The rest of the day was a back and forth between Cassandra and Harrison about what she was going to do when, but she generally won with the exception of the nap he insisted she take. When he threatened to sedate her again, she acquiesced and rested. By the end of the day Cassandra was convinced Harrison's fast thinking and impeccable technique had spared her life, and were going to provide her with the opportunity to continue in her duties. She had no doubt at all that she would be dead if he hadn't acted so quickly. She was also glad they'd poked around in there on the sly so that he'd have at least some notion of what he'd be dealing with in this eventuality. Harrison made her stay in the Med bay that night to continue monitoring her vitals just for precaution, and she couldn't argue since she'd have insisted on the same.

"Thank you .." She said before she fell asleep.

The next day the three received another large box. This time with some gourmet candy with a small card reading "some of my favorites" and Point received another old hardback book in a sealed case. A typed letter was attached in forming Cassandra that the Director was fully recovered and any sign of illness would be immediately reported. A few hours later, two guards pushing a stretcher entered the medical wing. On the stretcher lay Graves, but one could barely recognize him from all the injuries. Chemical burns, bruises, surgical incisions, several missing fingers and toes, marks from where electrical jumper cables had been attached, and an empty eye socket that looked like a bloody mess. There were many other internal injuries, but to the casual observer, one would be amazed at how the traitor was still alive. One of the guards approached point at her reception desk and motioned to Graves. "Captain Sokolov wants him fixed up so he can be moved."

Cassandra watched the video of the procedure and had to smile at Harrison's delicate hand while removing Haser's device and implanting his own. He'd done exactly as she would have in this same situation, a fact that made her very proud indeed. She made a series of notes of her own on his technique and judgment before closing the file. She then began putting herself through a series of low level physical therapy exercises to gauge the level of weakness in her right side. Luckily it seemed to be her leg and not her hand that was affected, which would make getting back to full duty annoyingly slower than shed like but not impossible should an actual emergency occur. She noted every observation clinically and honestly, even when it miffed her to admit the results. "Damn you Haser..." she muttered under her breath more than once during her self evaluation.

Harrison watched her like a hawk. "You're pushing yourself. These tests won't be truly accurate for a few days at least, you know that."

"I want to have a real evaluation of progress. No way to have that if I don't have a base to go by.." The boxes arrived and they all paused in their activities and inspected the contents. "Hmmm...these look good...I"m so glad to know the director is well." Nothing would have made this whole ordeal worse than knowing he'd needed more treatments and she'd been unconscious and unable to offer aid. At least that wasn't an added burden. She looked at the book Point was given and lifted a brow. "Wow...that looks old...what is it?"

Point lifted the case as if it were a treasure of fine gold. She looked at the title and gasped, "It's an actual original..." Her hand trembled a bit, "I've never seen one...She's one of my favorite authors...look..." She held the cover so it would face them, "Murder on the Orient Express" by Agatha Christie. "It must be hundreds of years old..."

Cassandra smiled, "That is a very special gift. " she admitted as she lifted one of the candies and took a bite, "Oh..." Her eyes slid closed as she chewed the delightful piece slowly, "Those are heavenly."

Harrison helped himself to a candy as well and while he didn't savor it like Cassandra had, he did nod in agreement. He was about to take another when the doors slid open and the guards brought Graves in not that he recognized him. "Who is that?"

Cassandra was already using Harrison's implant to analyze the patient. "It's Graves." She was very familiar with all of her people's stats and had x-rays both skeletal and dental of all of them on file for identification purposes. Graves had a very unique dental malformation that had been repaired as a youth and which made his dental scan unmistakable.

Harrison looked at her when she said as much and frowned at her then, "You stay put I'll patch him up."

She shook her head, "He's going to need all three of us working together. Do you have a generic eye?"

Harrison just looked at her. Of course he did, he had generic versions of everything at all times. He never allowed himself to be unprepared in that way. Cassandra's eye had been a special build he'd worked on for over two years, but he had several others that were meant to replace injured eyes with normal sight, and no special extra abilities.

Cassandra was moving toward Bay one and motioned the guards to wheel him inside. "You can wait in the lobby," she said to the guards and then pressed the button to lower the containment chamber over him. "He has many internal injuries...I will begin working on those while you work on his eye." She injected him with her sedative and went to work. Her right leg was throbbing and after fifteen minutes was tingling to the point of shooting a burning sensation up and down her leg. There was still much work to do on him but she was going to have to sit soon. "My leg isn't going to hold me much longer...I need some kind of brace...or something..."

Point came over to her side and slipped an arm around her waist. "I'll hold you up until Harrison finishes the eye..."

"Thanks.."

Cassandra continued to work leaning heavily on Point, for another thirty minutes. Harrison finished the attachment and then came around to the other side of the table. "You hand her instruments, I'll hold her now." he said to Point.

Point was glad to give that duty over and nodded as she moved back to his side of the table.

Harrison lifted her off the ground slightly to relieve the pressure on her leg. "Do your thing Doc...I got you."

Cass continued for another two hours, marveling at how well Harrison's eye functioned. Of course he understood her methods and so this implant was much more intuitive in how it scanned, when it did so and what order it prioritized findings. She was roughly estimating that it was shaving almost one fourth off the time she usually spent sifting through test results and information, which translated to that much time saved operating. She finally finished and removed hands from the isolation chamber. She did a last scan of his body to be sure she hadn't missed anything. "He's stable."

Harrison bent a bit and scooped her up and carried her to the desk and sat her in the chair, not allowing her the chance to object.

She winced when he set her down, but was hopeful she'd hid it from him. She looked over at the guards, "He can be moved once he wakes from the sedative. It should not be more than fifteen minutes." She looked at Harrison, "Send antibiotics and everything they will need to tend his eye with instructions please."

Harrison nodded and collected what she'd ordered and handed the small box to the head guard. "For Captain Sokolov."

The uniformed security guard gave the box of chocolates a suspicious look as his partner wheeled the stretcher bound d Graves out. Handing the box of sweets back, the guard gave Cassandra a Stern glare. "No can do ma'am, not after the shitshow that went down with your...friend there." His statement was obviously a slight towards Cassandra and her team with how they let Graves and Marcus slip through security. Turning on his heel, the guard briskly walked away to follow his partner.

At the top of the command tower in the middle of the cavern's lava lake. Director Valentine watched Cassandra through several different video feeds from the various hidden cameras. Beside him, Natalya stood rigidly as she glared menacingly at the various intelligence staff working at their posts. "Sir with all due respect I am more than capable of handling this mission with my own team." The unflappable Director gave a dry laugh but did not turn away from the screens. "I have no doubt in your abilities Captain, or should I say Major now. But using Doctor Brandford credentials and reputation as a cover for the team is the best chance for the mission to go unnoticed. Plus you are the most reliable one here to keep her from going off the reservation and doing any thing that might compromise the mission." Natalya sighed in resignation and adjusted her black officers cap. "If I may ask, why is squad 8-2 being assigned as protection. Surely you must have noticed their... attachment to the Doctor and her staff." Finally the Director turned to face Natalya and gave her cold stare. "You do not need to concern yourself with questioning my decisions Major. Just focus on preparing for the mission." Like a child being scolded by a parent, Natalya shrunk back slightly and nodded quickly. "Yes sir, understood. I apologise for sounding insubordinate." After a few more seconds of cold silence, Director Valentine nodded in satisfaction and turned back to watch the bank of monitors. "Good, you are dismissed Major."

• Love
Cassandra's spine straightened at the guards tone and inference, "The box is Antibiotics and instructions for the prisoner's care, but if you'd rather come back for that, feel free. it will be your own time you waste." His other reference to the lack of security in her team hit home as intended but she brushed it off. She needed to focus on getting back to full health and function.

Harrison bristled at the man's words as well but like Cassandra he stayed quiet.

Point however had been push a little past her tolerance point in the past few days. "Security is your job not ours Jackass!" Her voice rang through the hospital loud and clear as she yelled at the man's retreating back glaring holes through him with fire hot eyes. No, she should not have said it, and she definitely shouldn't have called him a jackass, but she was sick of being called to account for something they weren't there to do. She muttered a bit under her breath, "If they had done THEIR job, Graves wouldn't have been able to get the crap in here to begin with...and Hell Cass...you TOLD them Edwards was a .... problem." She caught herself from using another colorful euphemism just in time. She yelled at the cameras, "WE CAME HERE TO HEAL PEOPLE...deal with the security yourself." her steam was leaving her and the last of her statement was softer and didn't have the same level of passion as the rest and her shoulders slouched a bit as she let out a labored rush of breath. Pressing her lips together for a bit she peeked up at Cassandra, "Sorry Doc...."

Harrison had been so shocked through that whole tirade that he'd been rendered speechless.

Cass while shocked was well able to recognize the therapeutic nature of the explosion and just let it run its course. When Jen looked up she smiled, "Feel better?"

A meekly nodded head was her reply.

"Good. Now...I'm starving...how about once those guards return for Marcus, I subject myself to being wheeled over to the dining hall? A change of scenery might do us all some good?" She made a face then, "We don't have any other patients do we?"

Harrison stiffened and looked at her sideways, "No Ma'am. I would have given a full report by now if we did."

Cass winced at the Ma'am. "Sorry. I don't like this absence of cognizance. You know I have this need to know everything..." Then she sighed, "I know you would have reported. I am just feeling disconnected." A huge admittance for her to be sure. and not an easy one to make. Her steady gaze lifted back to him, "I'm going to need a walking brace...light and mobile please."

Harrison turned on his heel and went to his bay and returned with a a handful of rods, at least that's what it looked like upon first glance. he offered her a hand and helped her to stand and then wrapped mesh conduit around her hips that attached to four rods with wheels. He placed ehr hand on the right side of the conduit and it powered up. "Something like this perhaps?"

She immediately felt the device supporting her core and hips as well as her upper thighs somehow. She moved a few steps and realized it was somehow stimulating her muscles as well as strengthening the signals from her brain to her legs. "When did you make this?"

"While you were sleeping."

Right before the trip were about to leave, Harrison's personal console beeped with a message alert.

"Harrison come down to R&D now. Need you and Sammie to run final checks on your project before it's shipped."

Straight and to the point as always, Nadia's message seemed to glow with her impatient energy. Once Harrison made his way down to the workshops, he might notice almost everyone he passed giving him dirty looks or giving him the cold shoulder. Down in the chaotic assembly area, Sammie sat perched on the large and armored shoulder plate of her exo-suit project. Constantly muttering to herself as usual, Sammie wiped some grime from her cheek as she poked around the electronics contained in the collar of the suit.

• Love
Harrison made a face, "I'm being summoned," he said succinctly, "Will you two be ok for a while?"

Point nodded, "Your contraption will get us through and I can always ask the kitchen to send down some fo.."

Cassandra shook her head, "I want out of here for a few minutes..."

"Or we can make our way slowly up there and be in time for dinner..."

"Very funny...go on Harrison, do what you need to do. We are fine." Cass gave Jen a pointed look and Harrison smirked before heading to R&D.

He noticed the looks and the cold shoulders but he didn't really care about anyone's opinion down there aside from Sammy at the moment. He saw her up on the suit and he smiled, "Looking good kid...looking good." He walked around the suit and was damned impressed with what she'd managed to do while he was taking care of Cassandra. "Sorry I couldn't get down here to help...we had a bit of a crisis up at the hospital. So...what do you need me to do?"

Sammie snapped her head up when Harrison spoke, sending a screwdriver to tumble down into the suit. "Oh! H-hi...um...Dr. Brunel just wanted us to do f-final checks before we s-send this out for production. I-i think everything is w-working. Just need y-you to make s-sure." The small girl frowned as she peered down into the giant suit in search for her now lost screwdriver.

• Love
Harrison grinned at Sammy. "I'm sure it's all working perfectly, but I'm happy to double check it all with you." He knew this kid had way more going for her than she realized, and he was going to make sure she got the credit she deserved. The only input he'd had was the power supply relay system he'd invented a few years ago. New to them, not to him. The rest was all her figuring how to make everything smaller and lighter.

Seeing her look ingot the suit for that tool he chuckled and lifted it up with one hand and then undid a boot. "Always end up in the boot....always." The tool fell from the boot with a clink and he shrugged putting reattaching the boot easily with one hand and setting the suit back onto it's holders. "Well...it's definitely light. I mean I'm a big guy and maybe stronger than some, but that was no strain at all to lift one handed, that's good. And it's easy to assemble as well...also good." he checked over all the couplings to make sure they were all air tight and then he lifted a brow, "Has anyone been inside it yet? best way to test something is to actually use it yourself."

Nimbly hopping off the suit, Sammy takes the offered screwdriver and nods shyly. "I had it tested for w-weight distribution. J-just needed to make sure-" She was cut off by the sound of stomping boots and a loud shout. "HARRISON!" Stopping in front of him, Dr. Brunel looks over at Sammy. "I need to borrow Harrison." Before Sammy could respond, Nadia grabbed Harrison's sleeve and almost dragged him away. "You and me are gonna have a talk." Guiding Harrison through the maze of hallways, they arrive in a recreational area with various sofas and tables. Off to the side there is a standard boxing ring that had a group of workers crowding around it. Seeing Nadia approach with Harrison in tow, the crowd began getting riled up as money exchanged hands and several colorful insults were thrown at Harrison.

Stopping next to a plush couch, Nadia turned to Harrison with a dead serious look. "Here is what is gonna happen. You and I are gonna have a sparring match. Why? Because word on the block is that you guys in the med wing caused the lockdown a few days ago. During the lockdown two of my best engineers got sent to the detention block because the guards didn't like them trying to work to meet deadlines. So instead of you dealing with a bunch of pissed off engineers and grease-monkeys for the next few weeks, we came to an agreement. To appease them, they wanted me to give you a beating. In return, they stop being whiny pricks and get back to work. Any questions?"