Cassandra wasn't shocked but she wasn't sure what to think. Natalya had always struck her as demure and understated and this was definitely NOT that. "Honestly, I've always thought Natalya was beautiful and I think she'd be able to pull of anything." All true, and all not true at the same time. She thought Natalya looked approachable (by the right people of course} and that was never something she'd thought about her friend. She was glad to have her joining them though, more than glad actually and it showed on her face.

Jen however was still blinking, not one to be able to hide her true thoughts too easily, "knock me over with a feather..."

Harrison grinned at Nadia's reaction, "You look amazing Major. If your stylist was going for goddess I believe he or she was successful." There was absolutely nothing wrong with how Natalya looked as far as he was concerned. His problems had always been with the frosty demeanor. he had to admit his eye looked damned impressive at the moment.

Reactions: Dunruffle
For a brief second Natalya's mouth formed a small smile, but was quickly replaced by her trademark sneer. "Of course I look good, and yes I did pay the stylist extra. She actually gave me her card." Pulling out a silver card, Natalya showed the small but bright holographic logo. A thorny rose was accompanied by the text, "Madam Zeidfreil's style emporium." Arching an eyebrow in surprise Nadia inspected the card curiously. "Umm, Nat did you actually go there?" Putting the card back in her pocket, Natalya frowned and put her hands on her hips defensively. "Yes I did, I walked in and while I was talking to the receptionist madam Zeidfreil pulled me in and began talking about some inane fashion gibberish." Nadia paused then let out a loud laugh. "Damn Nat! That place is where holovid stars go! To book an appointment you have to book almost a year in advance! I can't believe you just walked in and she grabbed you, lots of celebs talk about how eccentric she is but there is a reason people will wait for months to get time with her." Chuckling to herself, Nadia straightened her jacket and motioned for everyone to follow her as she began walking away. "So what would you all like to do first? Food or entertainment?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cass chuckled at Nadia's reaction. Wow, such a famous stylist. her brain was working overtime and she could almost 'feel' the Director's hand in that whole thing. But for what reason? She watched that little smile pull at Natalya's lips and her heart was so happy to see it. She heard nadia's question and piped up, "FOOD!" And then after blushing quite a bit she almost whispered, "I'm always hungry..."

Jen laughed at Cassandra, "She really is always hungry. Not that she eats...but I've never seen her turn down food..ever...And wow...a holovid stylist. that's pretty awesome. You definitely got your money's worth major."

Harrison was right next to Nadia when she started down the hall, "We better feed the bears...not sure how low on fuel they big guys are....me included." he winked at her and wrapped his fingers around her elbow as they walked. He was pushing tiny boundaries but they didn't have a million years of vacation.

Cass slipped her fingers into Erik's and held him back a bit when everyone started down the hall. She leaned closer and spoke softly, "Did that seem a little odd to you? or am I just being paranoid? I feel the director's presence even though he's not here..."

Nadia laughed warmly at Cassandra's reaction and nodded. "Alright food it is! I am gonna show you one of my favorite spots to eat!" Walking with Cassandra, Erik lightly gripped her hand and stroked his beard with his other. "ehh, I dunno about the Director pulling strings like that. This is vacation and I am sure he has better things to do than meddle with the Major. Honestly I am not that surprised she caught the stylist's eye. Back when she first joined the SOG guys were hitting on her left and right. That was until men started ending up in the med bay with popped testicles." Erik winced slightly and gave a lopsided grin, "literally a ball-buster. Soon after everyone steered clear of her."

Once again piling into a hoverbus, Nadia sat near the front and turned to face everyone. "Okay guys, we are officially leaving the clean and nice facade for the tourists. We are going to the undercity, it can get pretty sketchy in some areas so everyone needs to stay in a group. Keep your wallets and valuables in your front pockets. There are people who make a living pickpocketing here. Now here is the important part..." The hoverbus continued to descend, the sparkling buildings changing to dirty industrial levels, cramped housing blocks, and large open air markets. Clouds of smoke rose in large black pillars from unknown sources below as massive sunlamps the size of train cars flickered on and off. The traffic changed as well. Gone were the sleek and clean hovercars and taxis. Large hoverbarges, graffitied transit buses, and reckless hoverbikers took their place. The buildings seemed to almost visibly ooze a menacing aura as the hoverbus was briefly accosted by a hoverbike gang. After a few whoops and cackles the hoverbikers zoomed off making Nadia smile.

"Like I was saying...cops rarely come down here. If they do get a call the average response time is thirty minutes. Down here the gangs make the rules. There are three big gangs that each control different parts and aspects of the undercity. First is the Church of Believers, they run the industrial areas, factories, shipping yards, etc. But they are known by a more common name, the Cult of Blood aka the Cobbers. The Cobbers live by the rules of survival of the fittest. They usually solve their problems with brute Force and their members are fanatics. Their drug trade mostly consists of stimulants. Drugs that either psych you up, make you stronger, or dull the pain. They mostly stick to industrial areas so you probably won't see any of em tonight. The second big gang is the Cyber Crew. These guys run the hacker dens, dance clubs, virtual reality lounges, and stuff like that. Their big thing is black market bodymods. For them, the ultimate goal is to become something more than human and ascend to a point where they are more machine than flesh. Their drug trade is mostly psychedelics and illegal sensory downloads. Overall they are a pretty chill bunch, mostly spending their time getting high or upgrading themselves. But they are one of the big three for a reason, their hackers are second to none and their body mods can be viciously deadly. The last of the big three are the Royals. They are traditionalists, tracing the origins of the gang all the way back to earth. The Royals stick to the classics, drug dealing, petty theft, pickpockets, pretty much everything any city gang does. For them the goal is money and power. They may not be as high tech as the Crew or have the manpower of the Cobbers, but they have been around the longest and run things efficiently. Their turf mostly consists of bars, chop-shops, fences for stolen goods, and drug labs. They sell pretty much everything when it comes to drugs. They may not be as high quality, but whatever you want they most likely have."

There was a slight bump as some kind of bat smacked against the rear window as Nadia continued on. "So if we somehow get separated here are some tips. If you run into Royals your best bet is to pay them off. It may be pricey but the Royals are usually more concerned about cash than fighting. If you somehow piss off one of the crew, either offer to buy them a hit of whatever drug they want, or compliment their body mods. Now if for some reason you run into a Cobber your best bet is to bluff your way out. Do not ever try to bargain with them, remember they go by survival of the fittest. You try to bargain and they will see you as prey. If you can't bluff your way out you just gotta fight em. Even if you lose, as long as you put up a good fight they will let you go." Seeing a few concerned looks, Nadia laughed and waved her hand dismissively. "Don't worry guys, we are gonna be staying in the safer areas. I just wanted to give you all advice in the off chance we get split up."

Coming to a stop with a lurch, the hoverbus opened it's doors and everyone climbed out. They stood on a gigantic platform connecting two of the city towers. The light was slightly dim and if they looked up all the group would see is the city towers extending up into smog and darkness. The platform was crowded with people, ranging from flashily dressed teenagers to beggars panhandling for money. Taking in a deep breath through her nose, Nadia smiled excitedly. "So any questions before we head out?"

• Nice Execution!
Cassandra listened and let out a breath, "I'm getting paranoid I think...thanks for the clear head..." she watched Natalya, "She is a strikingly beautiful woman. Can't take that away from her and she's in a no win situation. She can't really be a soft woman and still command the respect and intimidate as her job requires. I has to get really lonely though. I honestly hope Turk is successful...he may be just her type. He's quiet and deadly." They followed behind the group and were the last to enter the hoverbus and took whatever seats were still available.

Harrison sat in the front with Nadia and listened. None of the things she said concerned him. He had augmented body parts and he'd grown up on the streets. He still worked out and was fit and if it came to someone he cared about being threatened or in danger, a side of him that none of these people had ever seen would surface and he knew it. "So...your favorite place to eat is?? You haven't mentioned what kind of food we are all risking our livfes to eat."

Jen edged closer and closer to Dante the more Nadia spoke. Of everyone on this bus, she was the ONLY one who'd never been around fighting or war or anything to do with guns, except on the medical side when it was all said and done. She was shaking by the time the little speech was over and she was holding onto Dante's arm to tight she was probably leaving fingerprints.

Cass got off the bus, with Erik's help and looked up at the gigantic buildings, "Smog or no smog...THAT is impressive right there..." The colors and sounds and pulsing of life all around was fascinating to her. Usually she was dealing with the fight for you life in the operating room kind of battle, but this was a push and pull of life and death of a different kind. Like Nadia she took in a deep breath and let her eye record it for future enjoyment. "I don't care what it is...I'm starving..."

Seeing the terrified Jen, Nadia smiled and patted her back. "C'mon Jen brighten up, it's not as bad as it sounds. The places we are gonna be going to are perfectly safe. Maybe a little rough around the edges, but safe." As Nadia led the way, Dante laughed loudly and gently ruffled Jen's hair. "Just stick with me Jen, ain't nobody gonna mess with you while I'm around." Nadia glanced at Harrison and smiled, "we are gonna be visiting a friend of mine. Just wait and see."

After about five minutes of walking and pushing their way through the crowds the group turned down a side street and stopped in front of a grimy building. It looked like your standard diner that could be found almost anywhere in the galaxy. The silver paint on the outside had faded to a dull gray long ago and various posters for shows and events were plastered on the wall facing an alley. But warm golden light shone through the grimy windows and the sounds of chatter and raucous laughter could be heard inside. A large neon sign was bolted to the top of the diner that displayed "Last Stop Diner" in bright purple. Nadia grinned and sighed happily, "just as I remember it..." Xanders arched an eyebrow and coughed slightly. "Uhh is this place safe to eat at? I don't want food poisoning." Nadia looked back at the concerned man and nodded. "Of course! What kinda tour guide do you take me for?" Before anyone else could protest, Nadia had dragged Cassandra through the front door and into the diner.

Once inside, Cassandra's senses would be assaulted by a wide variety of stimuli. The clatter of plates being washed, the warm glow from recessed ceiling lights, the smell of exotic spices and herbs, and a decent crowd of worn and weary patrons. A large counter ran the length of the diner with red cushioned stools for patrons to sit on while the ends of the diner had several booths. A middle aged waitress with a bun of grey hair walked over to Nadia with a bored expression on her face. "Welcome to the Last Stop Diner. How many are in your group?" The waitress spoke in a monotone voice as she pulled a datatablet from her apron. Nadia laughed softly and stood on her toes trying to take a peek over the disinterested woman's head. "Nine, but I dunno if I wanna eat here if you don't remember me Olga." The older woman jumped slightly in surprise and squinted as she inspected Nadia. Suddenly the woman let out a cry of joy and hugged Nadia tightly. "Nadia! Oh my girl it has been so long! как твои дела?! Кто твои друзья?" The woman rambled on in Russian as she kissed Nadia's cheeks and wiped a happy tear from her eye. "Come in come in! Oh my little Nadia you look so thin! You need some meat on those bones!" Turning around, Olga yelled towards the kitchen behind the counter. "Boris! подойди сюда сейчас же!!" As Olga guided everyone to sit on the counter stools there was a clatter of pots and pans along with muffled cursing. A few moments later a bear of a man ducked through the kitchen doorway and shuffled over to the counter. He wore a simple white t-shirt and a heavily stained apron as he wiped his hands with a towel. "What is it Olga? I am busy you kno-" Boris stopped mid speech as his gaze landed on Nadia who smiled sheepishly and waved. "Heya Boris. Long time no see." The massive man stood frozen for a few moments before a wide grin split his face and he let out a loud belly laugh. "Nadia! You came back! We thought you forgot about us!" Reaching over the counter, Boris gave Nadia an almost backbreaking bear hug until the spritely engineer tapped his arm in concession. Putting Nadia back on her stool, Boris turned to look at the group of men and women Nadia had brought with her. "Welcome to my diner! A friend of Nadia is a friend of mine!" Olga went off to greet more customers as Boris rested his hands on his big belly. "How long has it been Nadia? Ten years?" Nadia's face fell slightly as she nodded. "Yup, I wanted to come back sooner but my job keeps me busy and before I knew it ten years had flown by." Nodding sagely, Boris donned a dark green bandana over his bald head and sighed. "Such is life. But it is good to see you again. You look much more responsible, the old Nadia would be shocked if she saw you now." Reaching over to a shelf on the wall, Boris sorted through various odds and ends before finally finding what he was looking for. Putting a small and dusty holopicture frame on the counter, Boris turned it so that everyone could see. In the picture a younger Nadia sat in the exact same spot she was currently sitting in. Boris was behind the counter mid laugh and with a hand on Nadia's shoulder. Standing next to Nadia, a less wrinkly Olga with brown hair held Nadia's hand in her own. Nadia was dressed in a seemingly random assortment of clothes and with a short haircut that flared out in the back. The frame was dusty from being untouched for years, the normally boisterous Nadia was surprisingly quiet as she stared at the holopicture with misty eyes. "I really am sorry I never called Boris. You and Olga were like family to me, you deserved a lot better." Boris shook his head and patted Nadia's head gently. "Nonsense, we are still family even after all this time. You brought so much joy into our life it would be criminal to hold a grudge against you."

Last edited:
  • Love
Jen smiled and faked bravado when Nadia spoke to her and then as soon as the woman turned her back, Jen poked her tongue out at her. she DID feel safer with Dante close by and she smiled at his words, "I'm about as close as I can get without climbing inside your clothes," she said blushing a bit. "And I don't plan to get any further away."

Cass was glad for Erik's steady closeness as they dodged in and out and through the crowds. She was moving faster than she had been, but she wasn't feeling too balanced as she was jostled around. She must have told him thank you a million times before they got there and she offered him a sincere smile once they arrived. before she could say anything else to him, Nadia dragged her inside and they were introduced to Olga and Boris. She immediately loved them both and was smiling at the way they fussed over Nadia. She looked at the picture of the younger Nadia and smiled, "This is a lovely picture." She smiled at Boris, "I am Cassandra Brandford, it's lovely to meet you both."

Harrison stepped inside the diner and a warm grin was instantly formed on his chiseled face. THIS was an interesting view into Nadia's past and he liked it. When the older woman recognized her and lit up he couldn't help but smile, and Boris' reaction had him in a full toothy grin that was rarely seen on his face. he watched everything and leaned closer to Nadia and whispered in her ear, "I knew there was a big softie inside there." He reached our a hand, "Bentley Harrison. A pleasure to meet you."

Jen blinked, "BENTLEY?? Are you kidding me?"

Harrison shot her a look that said if you ever repeat that you die, but Jen just smiled an evil grin at him and he almost groaned.

Cass looked up at him, "It's a great name, why have you never told any of us?"

Harrison shrugged, "NO need...it's not important." There were reasons that he wasn't about to speak to anyone in this setting, so he hoped it would just go away.

Cass made a face but turned back to Boris, "So we hear this is THE place to eat! And I for one am starving!"

Boris nodded respectfully to Cassandra and then firmly shook Harrison's hand. "Nice to meet you. I am Boris Reznov, you already met my wife Olga." Everyone else introduced themselves in turn until Natalya was the last to greet Boris. Natalya had a strange look on her face, instead of her usual dour demeanor the Major looked almost curious. Giving a slight nod, Natalya spoke surprisingly softly. "Здравствуйте, меня зовут Наталья Соколова. Могу я спросить, откуда ты?"

Boris' expression went from friendly to wary in the span of a few seconds after Natalya spoke. Galactic standard (English) was spoken by everyone, but some colonies and planets still clung to the ancient languages that their ancestors had spoken on Earth. While not totally erased, the old languages were not easily learned and it was almost impossible for anyone to mimic the accents and nuances of those who grew up speaking their ancestral language. "Olga!" Boris called out to his wife and motioned for her to come back to the counter with a serious look in his eye. Walking back with a smile, Olga frowned as she saw Boris' expression. "What is it? Something wrong?" Pulling his wife aside, Boris conversed with her in hushed tones and jerking his head at the unusually reserved Natalya. After some heated discussion, the two came back to the counter and approached Natalya. The two began conversing with the white haired major in Russian and when Natalya replied her gestured seemed to indicate she was explaining something. With an apologetic look on her face, Natalya finished speaking and bowed her head slightly as Boris rubbed his chin thoughtfully. After a few moments of silence, Xanders spoke up suddenly while he bounced his leg impatiently. "So...like the doc said most of us are kinda hungry. I'm not tryna be rude but the rest of us non secret-language speakers are a kinda in the dark here."

Snapping out of his musing, Boris smiled and waved his hand dismissively. "Apologies friends, just some old history. Nothing to worry about. Now let's get some food in you all yes? Olga please take their orders I need to go back to cook" As Boris shuffled back into the kitchen, Olga smiled and pulled out her tablet. "We may not have the best food, but you won't find our food anywhere else. Our signature meal is Black Borscht with spiced-bread. If you want some meat we have grilled skaf-mantis and plague scallops. If you are vegetarian there is the crawlerpod soup. If you want our version of a local classic you can try our fungus pie, best paired with sour rockjuice. Our special of the day is breaded screamer-rats and stingbeer freshly delivered from Octyop all the way on the galactic fringe. So what will you be having?" Olga listed off the exotic (and somewhat scary) sounding foods with an eager smile like a neighbor offering some homemade apple pie. The Saints all shared somewhat nervous expressions and were silent until Kirst put on a smile and turned to Cassandra. "You can order first doc, we are all still..umm...choosing which dish we are in the mood for." Smiling apologetically for throwing Cassandra under the proverbial bus, Erik couldn't help but chuckle as he noticed Dante muttering what seemed to be some sort of prayer of protection under his breath.

• Love
Harrison quirked a brow when the ice queen started rattling away in what he 'thought' was ancient earth Russian. He was cursing himself for not paying more attention to his studies as a kid. Nothing irked him more than NOT understanding something that was being said so close by him. He caught one word in seven and that made no sense at all, but that didn't stop him from trying. His gaze flew back and forth following the conversation, and hoping to pick up clues from body language and expressions. Sadly, he had very little success and ended up only frustrating himself further.

Cassandra was surprised Natalya spoke to them, and that she looked uncomfortable about it. what were they saying? She could have blinked and opened a translator but she couldn't bring herself to do it. It seemed to her to be some kind of personal interaction and she didn't want to intrude. If Natalya wanted her to know, then she would speak to her about it. She was still hoping they could renew their friendship even though it was seeming like the chances were going more and more slim. She didn't look surprised or even nervous about being thrown under the bus, "How very kind of your Kirst," she smiled and then turned to the radiant Olga. "The house specialty sounds perfect. And I'd like to try the Scallops and some stingbeer." She smiled at the others batting her eyes prettily.

Once she got over the shock of Natalya speaking to anyone, Jen shrugged and leaned into Dante. She wasn't sure this place was real safe and after hearing what their food choices were she looked at Nadia with a seriously accusatory expression. "I'll have whatever she ordered," she said quickly, not really wanting to THINK about it. She just hoped food poisoning wasn't on the menu for later that evening.

Olga nodded and quickly wrote down everyone's orders. Nadia simply grinned mischievously at Jen and rolled her eyes. "C'mon Jen, live a little! You gotta at least try it before saying you don't like it." Everyone idly chatted as they waited for the food, while strange sounds emanated from the kitchen, ranging from shrill screeches to sounds of cursing and something being beaten with a blunt instrument. Eventually Olga returned carrying two trays piled high with food. With the exotic food now in front of them, the Saints slowly took experimental bites. Nadia had ordered the Black Borscht along with a tall glass of rockjuice. As soon as the food was put in front of her, Nadia immediately began eating with gusto. "Oh God I missed this! At work the food is decent but this always hits the spot!" Taking several large gulps of her slate gray drink, Nadia eyed everyone excitedly. "C'mon guys! Try it!" Kirst was the first to actually take a full bite, his jaw clenched in anticipation of something awful. But after some chewing, the lieutenant arched his eyebrows in surprise. "It's...actually not that bad. I mean it definitely has a unique flavor, but it is not as bad as it sounded." Nadia laughed and then gulped down some more of her dish that looked like black tar. Olga smiled and nodded her head in thanks to Kirst. "It is not often we have newcomers here, I am glad you have our food a chance."

Cassandra had spent a good deal of time on the Andromeda, so she was used to 'exotic' food from different planets. she had also learned not to let the look of something scare her off. She ate the food without fear and smiled, "Oh this is wonderful! she said of the Borscht. The drink she'd ordered had a bit of a kick and she blinked, "THAT is aptly named...it definitely bite back." she dipped a scallop in melted butter and closed her eyes while she chewed it. "THIS reminds me of fishing trips with my dad..." Her smile was sweet but a bit sad since she knew that wasn't ever going to happen again. She glanced at Erik's plate, "That smells good..." she said and held her fork a tiny bit away from his plate, "May I?"

Harrison had asked for a sampler with a bit of everything, and at first Olga had seemed a bit reluctant, but had relented. Now he had a plate heaped to overflowing and wasn't sure where to start. He liked weird food. The weirder the better actually. No sense traveling off world just to be bland with your diet. He tried some of the black stuff Nadia was cooing over and nodded, "Not bad at all." He of course had a few favorites, the rat being a surprising one, but he crawlerpod soup left him indifferent. Overall though he enjoyed the meal and finished all of it. "Have any exotic desserts to offer?" he asked.

Jen looked at the both of them like they'd lost their minds. She did eat her food but she wasn't real thrilled with the strange tastes. She didn't mind the stingbeer though it kind of tickled her nose a little. When Harrison asked for dessert she blinked and her jaw fell, "Dude...where? HOW can you eat more?"

Harrison shrugged, "Always room for dessert or beer, right guys?"

Erik was in the middle of chewing when Cassandra asked for a taste, but he nodded and cut off a piece of the grilled skaf-mantis for her to try. "Y'all make some crazy dishes I can tell ya that! I wanna see some of the squeamish guys in our platoon seeing this stuff." Dante guffawed loudly as Xanders polished off his plague scallops and rockjuice. "Hey it may look scary, but I would take this stuff over the dried field rations we get any day." When Harrison asked for dessert, Olga laughed merrily and nodded. "Oh I have just the thing you brave souls." Shouting some more Russian to Boris in the kitchen, Olga grinned when Boris' deep laughter seemed to almost shake the tables. "Right away dear!"

Olga efficiently cleared away the empty plates and a few minutes later returned with a covered tray. Setting the tray down, Olga took off the tray cover with a flourish and a challenging grin. "You asked for this young man. I expect to see a clean plate. Bloodcake with a rum-soaked ogrish eye on top. On the house." The slices of cake oozed something that looked eerily similar to congealed blood as a large reptilian eyeball sat on top like some sort of creepy cherry. Everyone was given a plate, but Harrison was given an extra large slice and the amount of "blood" was nearly overflowing from the plate. The Saints and Natalya had varying expressions of uneasiness. In almost perfect unison, they all turned to look at Harrison. "How about you go first Harrison?" Kirst gave Harrison a strained smile and nod as he experimentally poked the eyeball topping with his fork.

• Love
Cassandra forked some of Erik's Mantis and slid her plate towards his, "Want to try some of this?" she asked. After all fair was fair, and since she'd taken a bit of his she was more than willing to share hers. All of it wasn't much to look at but tasted delicious. She grinned at Xanders and his opinion of field rations, "they weren't THAT bad..." And then she took another bite off of her plate and made a face, "Yeah..you're right...they were that bad. This is much better."

Jen thought they'd all gone completely bonkers, but she managed to get down half of her plate. From the look on Olga's face dessert was going to be...interesting in a way she wasn't likely to enjoy.

Harrison just smiled at Olga's impish expression and chuckled at her excitement when she brought the dessert to them. There wasn't much he hadn't seen or eaten, but even he had never seen a reptile eye used as a garnish for a dessert before, but hey. he had indeed asked for it. "challenge accepted," he said with a wink to Olga and a smile to everyone else, "Come on guys...where's your sense of adventure?" He dug his fork into the eyeball. "RUM soaked...doesn't get better than that right?" And he popped the whole thing into his mouth and smiled. Rum filled his mouth and added an interesting flavor to the flesh it was helping to ferment. The others were waiting for him to try the actual cake so he shrugged and took a big bite of that as well. It was actually really good too. "It tastes a bit like bead pudding from home...honestly...it's good..."

Cass was pretty full but she tried the cake before Harrison did and had to agree it was good. She wasn't sure how much she'd be able to eat, but it was good. "I wish I could clean this plate for you Olga, but I'm pretty full...it's very good though." She leaned back and shouted to the kitchen, "THANK YOU BORIS!"

Putting on brave faces, the Saints followed Harrison's lead and began eating the exotic dessert. Nadia had devoured the cake and licked the last of the bloody sauce from her fork. Natalya grimaced when presented with the cake, but seeing Nadia eat without any hesitation Natalya steeled herself and began eating. Finishing his cake, Dante gave a contented grunt. "Well it may look scary, but Nadia was right the food did hit the spot. Thanks for the grub."

Boris poked his head out of the kitchen and smiled widely at Cassandra. "No problem! Stop by again before you leave." Olga swiftly picked up the plates and stopped in front of Jen and her unfinished cake. "You want a box for that?" There was a brief pause, then Olga laughed and picked up Jen's plate. "I joke, not everyone likes how different our food is."

Spinning around on her stool, Nadia looked at Cassandra. "You all ready to head out? I bet none of you have seen a party like the ones on the hub before."

• Love
Cassandra smiled over her shoulder at Boris, "I hope we can!" she said honestly and then nodded to Nadia, "I hope it's hopping I have a lot of calories to burn off...." She took her time standing but once she was up she felt steady on her feet.

Jen smiled at Olga and let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you..." She said of the older woman's understanding. she really wasn't sure any of this was going to stay down, but she was hoping it would stay there at least until they were outside and out of earshot. She was feeling really queasy.

Harrison stood and gave Olga and impromptu hug, "Everything was delicious!" he said, "And the service was the best part. Thank you both." He waited for everyone to stand and get themselves together and then followed right behind Nadia as they left, "So how far is it to this Hub? Can we walk there?"

Exiting the diner with everyone in tow, Nadia rolled her eyes dramatically at Harrison. "Harrison the planet is called the Hub. You go around saying stuff like that and everyone will know you're a tourist. Which means they will try to sell you junk since you don't know what is good here. But that is why I am here! Now lemme see..." Stopping on the side of the walking path, Nadia looked around before smiling and nodding to herself. "This way!" Leading the group like a guide through the urban jungle, Nadia never slowed down as they twisted and wound their way through the metallic structures.

After about ten minutes of going up stairs, down elevators, and around entire housing blocks in a seemingly random fashion, Nadia came to a stop. "Okay guys we are here!" She gestured excitedly to a rusty old door that looked about ready to fall off the frame, causing the Saints and Natalya to look at her skeptically. "Uhhh, it's a shitty door. You sure this is the right place?" Xanders crossed his arms as he looked around at the all encompassing city warily. Nadia simply nodded and opened the door with a screech of metal on concrete. "Trust me, we are in the right place." Walking inside, Nadia led the group down some kind of service tunnel. The only sources of illumination were red utility lights embedded into the floor. Pipes of various sizes ran along the walls, some leaking mysterious liquids or venting hissing steam. Finally they came to another metal door, but this one was covered in a variety of graffiti. "Remember guys, just relax and enjoy the show. Try not to start anything ok?" Pushing open the door, Nadia stepped through and beckoned for everyone to follow.

Once through the door, everyone would find themselves standing on a large metal catwalk. Before them stretched an massive abandoned starship dock that could fit an entire frigate-class starcruiser, and it was filled with people. Large catwalks on the walls held large crowds of people as repurposed hover barges floated about carrying groups of party-goers. Laser lights flashed intermittently as massive fog machines created roiling clouds that fell like waterfalls onto the metal floor far below. Colorful banners several stories tall hung from the ceiling while hacked display billboards cycled through various moving designs. Surrounded by sights and sounds, one could see how the ship dock had become a hedonistic paradise. Groups of scantily clad men and women danced on poles or hung from swings tied to catwalks. Drink bars showcasing a wide variety of alcoholic beverages were swarmed by people as drug dealers advertised their wares like twisted concession stands. Various parts of the ship dock seemed to be tailored towards specific activities. Whether it be platforms full of drinking games or alcoves full of incense for those who wanted a euphoric high. The majority of the large crowds appeared to belong to the cyberpunk culture that often was associated with illegal events. The implants and bodymods that everyone had ranged from small but useful to outrageously needless. Extra eyes, tails, wings, if you could imagine it at least one person in attendance had it.

Letting everyone soak in the sights and sounds, Nadia grinned and leaned against the flimsy railing of the catwalk. "Pretty crazy huh? Back in college I used to go to these types of things all the time." There was a distorted giggle from above them and if anyone looked up they would be met with the sight of a young woman hanging from some kind of metal swing. Her eyes had been changed to yellow cat eyes and implanted emerald scales ran down her arms and disappeared under her tank top. Her hair was a vibrant pink and glowing blue neon stripes covered her clothes. Inspecting Natalya curiously the girl giggled again, her voice distorted as if being transmitted through a static laced radio. Before Natalya could do anything, the girl tugged on a rope and was suddenly whisked up and out of sight.

• Love
Harrison shrugged, "Hey, I'm just along for the ride Babe," he said casually, "And even if someone knows I'm a tourist, they couldn't sell me crap." He might not know this place, but he was a very savvy buyer, and he knew what was worth buying and what wasn't. He was actually on the lookout for mods, and parts to integrate into his own designs. There was always something to learn from someone else's build, even if it was a mistake to be avoided. He looked at the rusty door a bit sideways, but when they entered and he saw the dim lights he knew this was going to be an interesting place. Once inside he began eyeing the mods. Wings...interesting thought and could prove useful if he could make them combat ready and silent. He looked at the Saints and wondered who would be willing to test them out.

By the time they actually arrived at the rusty door, Cass was a bit winded. She was glad for the brief respite while Xanders and Nadia spoke and leaned into Erik a bit for support. If asked, she could not tell someone how to find this place again, but she knew her eyes had taken running images of it and she could find it if necessary, but people would have to follow her. They walked down the dimly lit tunnel and she held onto Erik's arm since the scant lighting made her feel a bit unsure of her footing. "Sorry I'm being such a bother," she leaned over to whisper in his ear. She was grateful for him being there, and that he'd not made her to feel uncomfortable about needing his help, still she didn't like needing it. This whole episode was making her feel as if she'd lost her independent fierce nature and she couldn't have that. She needed that to do her job.

Jen was almost glued to Dante's side the whole time. She didn't have the intrepid nature of Cass or Nadia, and she wasn't as deadly as Natalya. She needed a big guard to protect her and Dante had volunteered. They stepped through the second door and she blinked at the lights and smoke and performers and the chaos of the place. Looking at Nadia she spouted out before she thought about it, "This explains a lot about you..." And then realizing that was almost an insult, clamped her mouth shut and hid behind Dante's large frame.

They all saw the pink, dragon? descending to them and heard the odd voice, but one were prepared for Natalya to be whisked away so quickly. "Natalya!" Cass called up to her as she reached out her hand a second too late. She looked at Nadia, "Is that normal? Is she ok?"

Erik simply nodded understandingly to Cassandra and gently squeezed her hand. Once on the catwalk, Erik whistled in amazement at everything going on around them. "Gotta say, I have never seen anything like this before. Nadia arched an eyebrow at Jen's comment and snorted, "I will take that as a compliment. But you should learn to cut loose a little, you hide from everything that scares you you are gonna miss out on some amazing stuff." Erik and the rest of the Saints all looked up with concern when Natalya was whisked away as the party continued around them. "I am more concerned about the people who grabbed her. The major isn't exactly a friendly type on good days. Hope nobody gets hurt." Kirst looked like he was about ready to start looking when a rope almost hit him in the face from above. Like some deadly angel from above, Natalya slid down the rope and brushed herself off when she landed. Nadia looked over the major carefully as she glanced upwards. "You okay Nat?" Huffing in annoyance, Natalya straightened her jacket and nodded. "Some strange teenagers tried to get me to smoke something, but they quickly let me go after i threatened to feed them their eyeballs." Rolling her eyes, Nadia laughed and patted the annoyed major on the back. "Well no harm done. Now lets see..." Looking around Nadia spotted something and waved her hand for everyone to follow. "This way guys! We need to get a good spot for the show!"

Following the catwalk across the towering wall, Nadia led everyone to a platform that held a group of people smoking various substances. Waving aside a thick cloud of purple vapor, Nadia began talking with an older gentleman with two younger women hanging on his arms. After a brief discussion, Nadia gave the man a handful of credits and walked back to the group. "Luckily things still pretty much work the same since i was last on the Hub." The older man could be seen typing on his communicator and a few moments later a large hover-barge pulled up to the platform. The driver of the barge hopped off and motioned for Nadia and company to hop on. "This is our ride guys!" Hopping onto the rusty and graffiti covered barge without any hesitation, Nadia gave the barge valet a credit chip and manned the controls. The barge was about 15 feet long and 10 feet wide and had a makeshift railing going around the edge. There were several metal folding chairs in a pile on one of the corners and the words "S.S. WubTub" were spray-painted in bright green on the edge. Erik helped Cassandra aboard and after everyone had gotten situated Nadia steered the barge away from the platform. Slowly floating out towards the middle of the cavernous ship dock, Nadia pointed to the towering wall they had just left. "I thought you all would appreciate the creativity that goes on here. In all my travels, no other place comes close to what goes on here." On the wall, what had looked like large streaks of paint from the view of the catwalk, were actually parts of a giant mural. The mural was at least fifty feet high and twice as long. It was easy to see where different artists had left their mark, from colorful displays of abstract art to somber black and gray designs. On the edges, people could be seen hanging from climbing harnesses adding their own contributions to the mural.
Dante smiled widely and rubbed his chin in amazement as he tried to inspect every part of the mural. "Damn...there are some really creative people here..."

Suddenly the massive (and probably stolen) stadium lights began to dim. In the middle of the ship-dock a large circular platform floated up until it was dead center in the middle of everything. The platform was filled with musical instruments of all kinds and almost a dozen people could be seen moving around and getting ready. A single spotlight illuminated a man with caramel skin and a shaven head, dressed in some sort of bizarre tuxedo that glowed softly with orange light. Clearing his throat, the man adjusted a few knobs on the console in front of him and then spread his arms wide. "My brothers and sisters! I thank all of you free spirits for joining me on this night! Whether you are here to make some cash, or ascend to a higher level of sensation, we all can come together in peace! Enjoy the show, and may you all find eternal happiness!" There was a roar of cheering and clapping as the man bowed once then turned to his musicians. The lights abruptly shut off, leaving the ramshackle stadium in complete darkness. All around the massive walls, lights from clothes, implants, and devices could be seen glittering like summer fireflies. After moments of silence, musical chimes started playing and a man's voice seemed to emanate from the darkness.

Song

"So, you basically wake up..."
"You do whatever you do in the morning..."
"You go off to work..."
"You work for sometimes 8..."
"10..."
"Sometimes 12 hours..."

"You sleep..."
"A little."
"You sleep..."
"A little."
"And then you do it all over again."

"There's a comfort to the ordinary..."
"The cage never being rattled..."
"But sometimes you gotta rattle your own cage..."
"Slip the bars..."
"Go roaming..."
"Because everything's out there..."
"Whatever you want..."
"It's out there."

"You've gotta draw your own map..."
"Ring your own changes..."
"Lead yourself by the hand into the unknown."
"Time goes on..."
"The cab meter of life"
"Runs quicker."
"You have to figure out what you're doing..."
"You know..."
"Just to get it going."

"Not 'someday'."
"Not 'in future times'."
"Right now."
"That's what exhilarates."

The chimes were joined by electronic and synthesized notes. All around the barge, large neon holograms of butterflies, fish, and birds, took flight and floated through the blackness like some otherworldly nature show. As the holographic schools of fish, clouds of butterflies, and flocks of birds slowly flew by, the voice continued.

"You've gotta do something..."
"Even if it's wrong."
"You've gotta cross the bridge..."
"Find out what's on the other side."
"Nothing comes to those who wait."
"Make now a memory."
"Because that's what exhilarates."

In an almost blinding explosion of color, colored lights and lasers turned on to create an almost kaleidoscope of color as the music reached a crescendo. Eventually the music slowly faded away as the holograms and lights turned off, leaving them all in darkness again. Almost immediately there was a round of thunderous applause and cheering as Nadia turned on a small glow lamp in the middle of the barge. The Saints and Natalya stood in shocked silence while Erik wrapped an arm around Cassandra. "Wow..." Surprisingly Turk was the first to speak, making Xanders nod and look around. "What he said..." Dante discreetly put Jen's hand in his as Nadia leaned against the railing of the barge with a smile almost as big as a Cheshire cat. "Oh you ain't seen nothing yet."

• Love
Jen was about to say something when Natalya was whisked away and her eyes went wide and she flashed a look at Nadia as if to say, yeah and?? But she didn't say anything else. She hadn't been raised on the streets. She'd been what some would call a pampered princess in her childhood years. Overprotective parents, overprotective older brothers and private schools were the normal for her until the day her father died and everything came crashing down around the family and she suddenly found herself in need of an actual career and means of providing for herself. She'd tried several things before deciding upon surgical nursing. The last of her inheritance money had gotten her assigned to to the Andromeda with Doctor Brandford. So, all of this was terrifying to her on every level. She was all for living, but this felt more like flirting with death to her. she saw Natalya slide back down the rope and was glad of it. Suddenly she was glad the woman was with them, she felt safer.

Cass let out a relieved breath when Natalya came back down the rope unharmed, and even chuckled when she said she'd threatened to feed eyeballs to teenagers. she could just imagine the facial expressions, and she had to wonder if they'd try that again tonight or if they were now scarred for life. She followed Nadia along the catwalk and was very glad for Erik's help getting on the barge. She leaned against him when it started moving, feeling more comfortable with that solid wall of support close. When the mural came into view she found herself leaning a bit to look at it. It was amazing. "I've always been jealous of people who could create art...I'm hopeless at that." When the lights went off she let the music and light show sink into her soul and a smile lit her features. When it was done she glanced over at Erik as his arm slid around her and she laid her head on his shoulder, "This is great!"

Harrison was leaning against the railing next to Nadia on the barge watching this whole thing unfold with a mixture of awe and delight. He leaned over and whispered into her ear while the song was still playing, "Very nice choice..." He congratulated her and let his hand splay over her back as they watched.

Jen smiled when Dante twined his fingers with hers and leaned against him smiling happily. This was about as much excitement as she could handle, but the light show was really cool, she had to admit. "That was pretty..."

After a few seconds of silence, another holographic scene began to form in the darkness. A roiling ocean spread out until it completely covered the entire stadium, sheets of rain flying sideways as massive waves passed over and under Cassandra and company. Appearing in a flash of holographic lightning, a wooden galleon with white sails braved the stormy sea as musical notes began to hum. A melancholy voice began to sing as sailors on the wooden ship scrambled about in a panic as the ship was battered by the relentless waves.

First song

"Everything falls into place"
"The minute you leave and give me space"
"I wanna know how it feels to live and let go"
"Without being put in my place"

"I'ma just dive right into the wild side"
"And I'ma ride the wave"
"Until I die"
"Until I die"

Heavy bass notes that could be felt vibrating through your chest matched the rise and fall of the galleon as sailors were washed overboard or clung to any handhold in reach. The ship passed by Cassandra as it's mast cracked and fell, crushing several unfortunate sailors and sending several others flying into the holographic sea. At the wooden steering wheel of the ship, a figure appeared wearing a captain's uniform and began barking out orders to the terrified and soaked sailors. Moments passed and the holographic ship suffered more and more abuse from the elements as sailors ran about trying to keep the galleon together. Eventually the captain pointed to the lifeboats and wordlessly shouted at his crew as he realized the ship was on it's last legs. As more sailors died, the remaining crew scurried to the lifeboats while the captain wrestled with the massive wooden steering wheel. Several lifeboats were crushed underneath hungry waves but finally the remaining crew managed to escape from the doomed ship. The lone figure of the captain stayed at the wheel, seemingly determined to defy nature until the very end. As the ship began to flood and split in half, the captain let go of the wheel and pulled a small picture from his jacket pocket. Looking at the soaked paper in his hand the weary Captain kissed it once and closed his eyes as the ship splintered and crumbled under his feet.

"Until I die"

"My skin is cold, as is my heart"
"I'm falling apart with a smile"
"My bridges are burning"
"I'm holding the match"
"I'm ready to fall"
"Will you catch?"

"I'ma dive right into the wild side"
"And I'ma ride the wave"
"Until I die"
"Until I die"

Just as a massive wave was about to swallow the ship, the holographic scene abruptly disappeared leaving everyone in darkness once again. Another round of cheering and clapping erupted around Cassandra and her friends as the floating platform with musicians was illuminated by several overhead lights. Jumping up to the barge controls, Nadia deftly maneuvered the hoverbarge closer to the musician platform until they were less than 15 feet away. After a few moments of preparation the musicians began to play the beginning notes of a new song as a new scene materialized. Suddenly a holographic figure appeared on the stage in front Cassandra and her friends. It was a young man clad in a old design of spacesuit from the time-period when people were leaving Earth to colonize other planets. Upon closer inspection, Cassandra could see that the astronaut was actually a younger version of the galleon captain. Pulling out a laminated picture from his chest pocket, the holographic astronaut set it down on the ground and suddenly a young woman wearing a flowing dress that sparkled with starry constellations materialized next to him. The two immediately embraced each other tightly and after a few moments of hugging the two pulled apart slightly while still holding hands. The holographic astronaut began to sing and his voice rang clearly throughout the improvised stadium

Second song

"Floatin' in a room"
"With no feet on the ground"
"Got the weight of the world"
"That's tryin' to force me down"
"See the silver linings"
"Glowing circles of light"
"Will you show me what's up there"
"At the end of the sky"

Around the stadium, large holographic planets and stars began to move in orbit around the floating stage as the holographic vocalist held hands with his sweetheart and sang to her. Nadia bounced around ecstatically and in time with the beat as Erik tapped his foot while he held Cassandra and watched the otherworldly performance.

"There's a part of me"
"Losing gravity"
"I don't wanna wait all my life"
"In a state of in between"

"You are a part of me"
"'Cause you're my supernova"
"You are the light I need"
"To die and start over"

"I better burn my wings"
"And get lost to be found"
"Than to stay here forever"
"With my dreams all around"
"The fears I have beaten"
"They can't do me no harm"
"I got rid of my anchor"
"Just before I'm to drown"

"There's a part of me"
"Losing gravity"

"You are a part of me"
"To die and start over"

"You are a part of me"
"To die and start over"

"There's a part of me"
"Losing gravity"

"You are a part of me"
"To die and start over"

"You are a part of me"
"To die and start over"

"The closer I get, the faster I burn"
"The closer I get, the brighter I turn"

As the song came to an end, the holographic couple turned to look Cassandra and her friends, making Nadia let out a squeak of surprise. The young man had a wide smile on his face and nodded respectfully to Erik as the young woman smiled at Dante and Jen and gave the two a knowing wink making Dante cough in surprise. As quickly as it happened, the young couple bowed to the stadium audience as a deafening roar of cheering and applause erupted around them. The holographic couple then tightly embraced each other and faded away.

• Love