Cass smiled, "Excellent! We can make a day of it and see the sights along the way." She grinned and chuckled at Dante and Xanders' brotherly dickering. Those two made things entertaining, even when they shouldn't be and she was glad of it. Hearing Kirst's question had her eyes moving to Natalya once again and she glance back at Kirst. "I believe it may be my presence here that put that manner in her address. It was my unit that caused the breech, and I don't blame her for blaming me for it. I should have paid more attention to what was going on."

Jen played right along with Dante and Xanders, "Yeah...what he said! I might look small but..yeah..I um...I could do something indescribably gross to you." Wow, that was lame in the extreme. When they all sat down her arm tingled when Dante sat next to her and their arms brushed against each others. Calm down girl, she thought to herself, No telling how long this flight is. "I bet you look great in street clothes," she said softly as she leaned closer to speak to him, "And...if you're done with that romance novel....pass it along would ya?" Vacations were for light sleazy fare in her eyes.

Harrison had seen Ritkof moving in behind Cass and stayed with Nadia, knowing Cass was being watched over carefully. He had accepted Nadia's compliment with a shy kind of smile. He didn't think of himself as particularly attractive. Yeah, he was tolerable, but he felt his legs and the many scars on his body made him less than what most women were looking for in a partner. Hadn't his ex made that abundantly clear when he'd come home with his implants? Still, they had a lot in common and he was hopeful in spite of everything he was lacking. Sitting next to her and between the other men, again without thinking about how it would look or appear. "How's the food on Mendilo? Lots to choose from I hope? That dining hall is nice but different would be welcome too."

Cass felt the steadying hand at her elbow and gave him a glance, "Mostly..." An aggravated sigh escaped a second later, "Thank you, Erik. That would have been really embarrassing and I..." She leaned closer and lowered her voice, "I don't want everyone to know." They made their way to a seat and she was thankful everyone was engaged in conversation and mostly ignoring her slow progress. Hopefully no one else was paying attention. When they sat down she peeked over at Erik, "We're on vacation...Cass is fine...Jen and Harrison will be calling me by my name during this unexpected break. You should too." Her hands rubbed down her thighs and back up. She was tired from that short walk. How was she ever going to handle an entire day of shopping? "What about you?" she asked, "You in need of clothes too?"

Reactions: Dunruffle
Erik gave a nod of understanding as he tried to discreetly watch Turk. "Ahh so that is why. Yeah she takes her job very seriously and if it was your unit that caused all the commotion it's no wonder she seems to hate your guts. You ruined her perfect record. But as for clothes...i dunno I just wear what is comfortable, I am not really a follower of fashion so I guess I might just get some new cargo pants or something." Kirst simply shrugged and leaned back in his seat, watching everyone get settled like a dad watching over rambunctious children.

In response to Harrison's question about the local food, Nadia gave a half shrug and stretched her arms. "Well you can get just about anything in the galaxy on the Hub if you look hard enough. Since it is the center of almost all trade you can be damn sure there are some exotic things to try."

The sound of the ramp closing drowned out the conversation for a second before closing with a loud clang. As the flight crew began the pre-flight checks Nadia was practically vibrating in her seat. "Ahhh! All this waiting is killing me I wanna be there now!" Soon enough the engines went into high gear and the ship was flying out of the hangar and into the sky.

The trip took a total of fourteen hours, fortune seemed to smile upon the group as they were able to make their connecting flights without any problems. Natalya was accompanied by Turk and the two seemed to do nothing but sit in silence the entire way. Eventually the group arrived on Mendilo aboard a commercial star cruiser, jammed in with travelling workers and families on vacations. Braving the human tide of travelers, the group managed to grab their luggage and eventually exit the spaceport.

Coming to a stop just outside the main entrance of the spaceport, Nadia took in a deep breath and laughed exuberantly. "Just as I remember! WELCOME TO THE HUB GUYS!" With a theatrical flourish, Nadia invited the assembled group to take in the Vista before them. They all stood on a platform connected to one of the many massive skyscrapers, surrounded from every angle by an endless expanse of city. Vehicles of all types flew by in designated lanes marked by floating beacons while hordes of people walked by on street sized footpaths. The air was alive with the sound of machinery, voices, and advertisements from enormous billboards. Clouds of smog floated by only to be siphoned off by house sized air filtration units. Kirst and the other men looked around in awe as Turk took pictures with a small camera. "Damn, the whole planet is like this?" Dante poked his head over the railing of the platform to look at the seemingly bottomless chasm below. "Yup! Though don't worry about falling to your death, you will most likely just splatter on a passing hovercar." Nadia grinned in a somewhat fiendish manner as she rubbed her hands together excitedly, making Dante take a step back from the edge cautiously.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cassandra frowned as she listened to Erik give his take on Natalya's attitude and coldness. Her sigh was deep and full of aching loss as she nodded in agreement. She hadn't actually realized that Natalya had a perfect record but that didn't surprise her and she was shocked that hadn't occurred to her before now. He replied to her question and she smiled at him. "Well, casual suits you and all that gear you guys usually have to carry around would make comfortable a high priority for anyone." She gave his shoulder a tiny shove, "Bet you'd look great in a suit though." Not that they'd have anywhere to go where that would be necessary, but she, like most women, thought all men looked great in a suit.

Harrison grinned, "That's great! Are you an adventurous eater? I'd love to go try some of the more exotic and...interesting offerings." He loved food, and he wasn't a picky or squeamish eater in any way. He'd eaten some strange things in his life, but this was unlike any other opportunity he'd ever been presented with and he planned to take full advantage of it. Having the chance to get to know Nadia away from the facility was an added plus to this, a very nice added plus.

Point peeked over the edge when Dante did and turned to flash Nadia an odd look at her comment. She leaned against the railing defiantly and crossed her arms. "How far is the hotel from here??" she asked winking at Dante.

Cass noted that Turk never left Natalya's side for a second. She was glad. She didn't like the idea that her friend would spend this whole time alone, even if it was her own choice. She was sure that by the end of the vacation, she'd feel closer to Nadia, but she had so much in common with Natalya and she missed that presence and honesty in her life. Still, she was feeling a thrill of excitement about spending time with Erik away work and missions build inside her. She stayed close to his side, without hopefully looking too conspicuous. She doubted she was totally pulling it off though.

Harrison stepped out of the transport with Nadia and smiled at the skyline, even with the pollution. "I can see why you were anxious to get back here. This is an amazing sight." He heard Point's question and shrugged, "In a hurry are you, Jen?"

Jen nodded, "Hell yeah...I want something sexy and flowing to wear among other things...."

Nadia walked over to a nearby information kiosk and looked at the three dimensional map. "Hrmm, we should just get a taxi to the hotel. Drop off our stuff then go shopping." Briskly walking over to a somewhat dirty console labeled "transportation" Nadia confidently typed in some commands then stepped back. "One thing ya gotta love about this place is that the taxi's are some of the best in the galaxy." No sooner had Nadia finished speaking, a large taxi hoverbus pulled up to the platform. The railing extended outward as the hoverbus opened it's large sliding door and chimed softly. "Okay pile in guys!" Not waiting for anyone, Nadia picked up her bag and clambered inside. Following Nadia's lead, the Saints boarded as well. With Dante and Erik helping Jen and Cassandra board. Natalya immediately took the seat in the back and proceeded to stare out a window.

Once everyone was inside, the hoverbus pulled away from the platform and swiftly accelerated into the sky. For a second the bus looked like it was about to fly headlong into a floating billboard, but narrowly missed as the billboard floated upwards and out of sight. Merging into one of the crowded skylanes, the bus slowed slightly as the automated driver flew at the legal speed limit.

Outside the endless city was on full display. The bus passed skyscrapers that outsized the biggest spaceships, flew through tunnels built directly into buildings, and at times it seemingly accelerated straight up along with busy traffic.

Cass gratefully accepted the help as she boarded the hoverbus. The less than steady plane was more difficult to maneuver than a flat floor but she managed not to fall on her face, and she was relieved. She looked out at the city below and around with a sense of awe and wonder. "this is amazing..." she whispered and looked back to Erik, "have you ever seen anything like this?'

Jen smiled as dante helped her onto the bus, "thank you very much!" she beamed at him and then took a seat. Like Cass she was awestruck at the sights all around them, "I can't wait to see what the shopping is like here! I bet they have everything imaginable!!" She clapped her hands excitedly and then blushed when she realized how silly she probably looked. "I haven't been shopping in a years...sorry."

Harrison hadn't been quick enough to grab Nadia's bags, and made note of the woman's independent and quick nature. Next time he'd be quicker. he sat next to her though without apology and looked out the window. "Looks crowded..." he said without much emotion. It was hard to tell when he was joking or serious sometimes, but at the moment he was joking to see if Nadia would take the bait.

As the hoverbus steadily climbed upward, Erik shrugged slightly. "Have I seen a city this big before? No, I always saw it on posters and stuff but have never been here before. Though I dunno if I could live here, just way to...busy I guess." Kirst laughed gently with Jen and nodded in agreement. "I can imagine most of us have not been shopping in awhile, if you don't count online shopping. I should probably find something to send to my wife and little girl, though I don't really know what my daughter is into these days."

Noticing Harrison's remark, Nadia flashed him a smile teasingly. "Aww is big ol Harrison not a fan of urban living." Settling down somewhat, Nadia leaned back in her seat and watched the scenery pass by. "I just like to think of it as always having something new. So much stuff and people pass through here even I would never get bored. Though I would imagine there are people who grew up here that would love to leave. No natural plants except in the parks and the ghettos on the lower levels have to rely on sunlamps since they are so far down."

After punching through a particularly thick layer of smog, the Hoverbus began to slow as it approached a large landing pad connected to a large steel and glass complex. The smog layer made it seem like the building was floating on an ocean of smog, with several other superstructures jutting up in the distance. The air was noticably thin at this height and the sky was a bright blue. As the hoverbus gently touched down, Nadia jumped out and pulled out her wallet. "Bah I forgot the name Valentine gave me. Why don't we all check in together? I am gonna bet old sneaky Valentine got us rooms next to each other." As Nadia briskly walked off to a large atrium area, the Saints helped everyone else out and grabbed their luggage. Natalya simply stayed silent and distanced herself from the group, but followed in Nadia's footsteps with Turk keeping pace.

• Love
Cass nodded in agreement, "Nice place to visit but can you imagine the expense and the crime?" Her mind was also ticking off astronomical numbers of sicknesses and diseases that this much pollution would cause. Someone like herself would have unbelievable job security here, if she'd be able to live to speak of it.

Glancing over at Kirst, "How old is your daughter?" she asked casually, "There are some universally approved of things for girls of certain ages and you have a few women here who'd be happy to give you some advice."

Jen nodded, "Oh for sure!!" She tapped the man's arm, "But I bet anything that came from dad would be cherished." There was this odd faraway look in her eyes for just a second before it faded. Jenn knew a bit about waiting for Daddy to come home and getting things in the mail instead of a hug. Even so, she had almost every single thing he'd ever sent back in her quarters. She took them everywhere with her even now.

Harrison gave Nadia a sideways look of indifference and then smirked, "I agree with Ritkof...too many people. Too much noise and distraction..." Plants. They didn't have many at the facility either, and he missed them. He wasn't about to admit any such thing, but he found himself wondering if they'd be permitted to have some in the hospital wings. He'd have to ask Sokolov. Should be a place around here to buy small plants, or at least seeds. It'd be good for Doc too, since she'd come from a farming background.

Cass tipped her head over at Nadia, "Plants...did you say there is a park here? Is there grass and trees and flowers?" Her voice sounded more hopeful that she intended, but there was no mistaking it. The very thought of her toes sunk into cool grass was almost more than she could stand to dream of right then.

She didn't get that answer before they landed and started to disembark the hoverbus. She waited until everyone but Natalya and Turk left and then followed slowly being careful of that slight bump and downhill as she did so. The difficulty navigating ordinary things was so frustrating to her. She hated being this incapacitated and feeble. Her mind sent thoughts of horrible terrible things toward Doctor Haser and she really hoped the Director had thought of a few of them. Not very generous of her, or kind but she couldn't help but blame him for all of her present hardships.

Harrison managed to snatch up Nadia's bag before she had this time and he was right on her heels as she led the group into the hotel. "Seems he'd keep us together to make sure we watched after one another and returned in one piece." The Director just seemed to him to be that overly cautious type. Overly cautious and extremely paranoid...Thos thoughts though left his mind entirely when they entered the hotel's reception area. "Holy smokes..."

Cass heard harrison's voice and lifted a brow, but she wasn't inside yet. "Hmm..that's interesting..." She grinned over at Erik, "Harrison is tough to impress." But when she stepped inside she blinked. There were tall glass walls and trees inside the area as they entered. Comfortable looking seating was arranged into cozy groupings of various sizes in every corner and before a few stunning fireplaces and water features. There were birds flying in the trees, or she thought she saw some but maybe that was her mind HOPING for things from long ago. "nice seems inadequate doesn't it?"

b79d62fbd0979f438d5d79e105e031e0.jpg

(One small segment I am seeing in my head)

Nadia shrugged in response to Cassandra's question about plants. "Yeah there are a few arbor domes around, but you need to book a reservation to get in. Really the only kind of natural plants life around here is mold and fungus." After going through the tedious process of checking in, the group rode a large elevator up to floor 247. After a bit of walking, everyone found their rooms, all next to each other of course. The room everyone got their own rooms. While the rooms were small they were well furnished and had a bathroom complete with shower. Each room had a small balcony that you could gaze out over the ocean of clouds at the nearby skyscraper islands.

"Okay guys! I say we all unpack then get straight to shopping! Let's all meet out here in the hallway in ten minutes!" Before anyone could object to Nadia's declaration, the energetic woman had run into her room and slammed the door behind her. Dante simply laughed as Kirst sighed heavily. "Alright men I guess we follow her lead. See you all in ten." Natalya just silently went into her room and loudly locked the door. Turk stopped for a moment as he seemed to contemplate asking the icy Major if she planned to join them. Giving up, Turk waved to everyone and entered his room quietly.

• Love
Harrison shook his head and followed suit. Nothing in the hall worth considering at any length anyway, so he entered his room and quickly unpacked his few things.

Jen blinked, "She's really a bundle of go go go isn't she?" her laughter filled the corridore and echoed a bit as she unlocked her door. She beamed at Dante, "See you in ten!'

Cass was at the end of the row of people, preferring to avoid any possibility of being bumped. She glanced up at Erik, "Thanks for staying close, I'm not as steady as I'd like...but I'm still my stubborn prideful self who'd hate to fall on my face in front of everyone." She moved to a door, "This is me...if you wouldn't mind putting that on the bed?" She asked nodding to her bag that he'd been chivalrously carrying for her. She had no plans to unpack. She was going to sit for the whole ten minutes, and longer if she could get away with it. packing could be later after she'd rested.

Erik chuckled as he set Cassandra's bag down on the bed. "Ah don't worry doc, I will be right next to you so if you start to fall I can catch you. Just try to relax, it's a vacation for a reason." Giving a warm smile and wave, Erik exited Cassandra's room and closed the door behind himself.

Ten minutes later, almost everyone was back out in the hallway. The men wore plain casual clothes instead of the bland uniforms they arrived in. Turk kept an eye on Natalya's still closed door, obviously hoping she would join them. Nadia shifted from foot to foot impatiently as she groaned loudly. "Okay if miss ice queen wants to sulk in her room I say we leave without her. I dunno why Valentine put her with us. Her and I don't really get along and she seems to hate Cassandra and company's guts." Turk looked like he wanted to say something to defend Natalya, but instead just continued to wait patiently. A lone cleaning robot idly slid by emitting a beeping noise as it vacuumed the carpeted floor. Kirst for the most part seemed to have taken on the role of chaperone for the group, a role he seemed to fall into easily. "Dante did you use the bathroom? I don't want to hear you complaining five minutes into our trip." Dante made an exaggerated noise of indignation and crossed his arms. "Yes LT, geez you sound like my mom." Kirst simply smiled and shrugged. "Well compared to you and Xanders my little girl seems positively angelic. And I don't have to worry about my little girl getting into fights with the locals."

• Haha
Cass smiled at him, "I'll remind you of that...and thanks." She watched him leave and felt that smile linger longer than it should have, but she couldn't help it. She just plain liked that guy. It would be nice to have some down time to spend enjoying his company and getting to see another side of him. The ten minutes passed far too quickly but she got up and went out into the hall to wait with the others. She'd taken a light pain reliever beforehand that she hoped would make her able to withstand a day of Nadia's frenetic pace. Whether it would work or not was debatable, but it was worth the shot.

Cass chuckled at Kirst's mothering of the Saints, or well of two of them at any rate. Nadia vented her thoughts and cass smiled gently, "Natalya is under a lot of pressure at all times and we made her job impossibly difficult...I don't blame her for wanting to avoid us...I just don't want to ruin her vacation." She smiled apologetically at Turk. He seemed to be the one who would be suffering the most.

Harrison fought to stay quiet. It wasn't Doc's fault that Marcus ass wipe had decided to do what he'd done. He wished she'd stop apologizing like it was their collective fault that all of that happened. His hands were fisted at his sides as he looked at Natalya's door. He did realize she was in a very lose lose situation,but hell none of them had had a vacation in years even decades. No need to be a prude at a time like this.

Jenn grinned at Dante, "It's good someone cares eh?" Her mom was gone, and she knew she wouldn't mind having someone take an interest in her in such a way. She pushed those thoughts down and looked at natalya's door. For her part, she'd rather the ice queen stayed where she was. She didn't believe the woman had any idea how to relax and have fun.

Cass tapped on her door, "Major....will you be joining us?" She didn't want her to feel left out or purposely ignored and there was a tiny part of her was hoping that somehow they could restore a bit of their fractured friendship during this time away from work.

The door swung open to reveal a glowering Natalya, still dressed in her plain and utilitarian clothes. "I will accompany you to make sure you all act appropriately and not cause any more incidents." You could almost hear several people rolling their eyes, Natalya simply stood silently as Turk stood next to her. "Alright let's move people!" Nadia zoomed off and after a short elevator ride the group was outside again. "Just letting you all know, keep your valuables in your pockets. There are pickpockets here that could steal the shirt off your back and you would never notice." Another automated hoverbus arrived and everyone piled in, with Erik taking extra care to help Cassandra in.

The hoverbus began to rapidly descended, causing everyone's stomachs to flutter at the sensation of falling. Breaking through the smog layer, the hoverbus joined a skylane full of traffic and settled into a brisk pace. "Okay so I say we split up into two groups. Boys and girls, cuz I am sure you men don't want to sit around while we try clothes on." Nadia grinned toothily as Kirst laughed. "I was wondering what your plan was. I am no stranger to sitting around while my wife and daughter shop."

• Love
Cass smiled a genuine smile at her glad she would be joining them. She didn't want Natalya sitting here alone. She followed the others staying in the back of the group as much as possible, grateful for Erik more by the second. Nadia's suggestion was met with a lot of negative emotion.

Jen looked up at Dante, "Would you mind watching me try things on?" she asked a bit cheekily.

Harrison blinked at her. What was happening tom their sweet Jen? He looked at Nadia, "You think we men can be trusted to buy things on our own that won't be embarrassing to you ladies?" His brow lifted in question. "It could be you'd all have to walk around with us in flowery shirts and plaid shorts with socks on under our sandals." He was smiling wide by the end of that little speech. He wouldn't wear such things but no telling about the others. He thought most women liked to dress men the way they wanted them to dress.

Cass chuckled and bumped her shoulder against Erik's, "Plaid shorts? I might pay money to see that actually..."

Dante arched an eyebrow curiously as Xanders rolled his eyes. Kirst took a quick look around and after some thought gave Nadia a smile. "Well I guess having someone with some sense of fashion would be good for us men. Any objections guys?" The saints had no qualms and it was decided that they would all shop together. Natalya simply gave everyone a quick glare and returned to brooding quietly.

The hoverbus approached a massive city tower covered in various billboards and signs, smoothly pulling up to a landing pad and opening it's doors. Once everyone was out, Nadia found a nearby info kiosk and perused the holographic maps. "So it seems the floor we are on is for women's clothes. We can shop around here then go down three floors to the menswear floor." Entering through sliding doors, the group was assaulted by a cacophony of noise and lights. Walls with holographic displays played video ads of all the latest trends. Automated shopping carts followed shoppers piled high with products. Sales associates and store workers rushed around restocking and assisting customers. A seemingly endless expanse of commercial products stretched out before them, with illuminated signposts showing where and how far certain sections were. Nadia put her hands on her hips as she studied the shopping floor before them. "Hrmm...it looks like we are in swimwear right now, casual clothes is about half a mile down that way, and accessories should be nearby. Any suggestions gang?" The energetic woman turned to face the group as the Saints looked around in awe at the sheer size and scale of the shopping tower they were in.

Jen bounced on her seat and clapped her hands three times at the news that they'd all be shopping together. She didn't want to waste a second of this vacation away from Dante, and she wasn't shy about anyone knowing. She was pretty sure everyone knew she was major league crushing on the guy so why try to hide it now? "Is there a place to swim here? If so I need a suit..."

Cass had to smile at Jen. This was a good thing for her. She hadn't see Jen so animated since the first year they'd been together. Their constant moving and non stop work schedule had sapped a bit of that sparkle from the girl. Seeing it so plainly now, Cass knew she'd have to make sure Jen got regular down time. "There was a pool at the hotel wasn't there?"

Harrison leaned in a whispered to Nadia, "You going to try on a few suits? I'll be glad to offer an opinion..." He leaned away just a bit but was smiling widely. He was hoping she would, just so he could look closely, to give his opinion of course.

Cass wasn't sure how well she'd be able to get in and out of her clothing to try things on, but she was very aware of her measurements and what would and would not fit, so she knew she could just buy one without the try on process. She grinned at Erik, "Are you going to try on swimsuits later? Or planning to wear shorts?"

Arching an eyebrow at Harrison, Nadia flashed him a cheeky grin. "Slow your roll there tiger, save that enthusiasm for later. Besides I already know my size so no need to try anything on." Turning to the rest of the group, Nadia clapped her hands together once. "Okay people, us ladies will go together and you boys go find some trunks. We can meet back here in fifteen minutes, sound good?" Kirst gave Nadia a mock salute and turned to the saints and Harrison and put on his squad leader voice. "You heard the lady, standard search pattern. You find a target you acquire it and rejoin the squad. Move out!"

As Kirst encouraged Harrison to join the Saints in their search, Natalya huffed in annoyance and stepped slightly closer to the three women. "I am simply here to monitor you all. I do not require any swimwear." Nadia cackled and shrugged, "well unlike you I plan to enjoy myself. You should learn to loosen up a bit Nat." Giving Nadia a cold glare in response to her teasing, Natalya simply stayed silent and followed the group quietly. Coming to a long rack of swimsuits, Nadia selected a hangar with a banana yellow one piece and held it up. "Opinions girls? I like the design but the color is a little to extra in my opinion."

• Love
Jen heard the two and frowned a bit as Dante moved to join the men. Her pout was almost comical in nature but she moved to the group of women and made a motion of kicking a rock with her foot. She followed into the swimwear store and glanced up from her rack to look at what Nadia held up and tipped her head, "I don't know...I think that color would look great on you..your natural tan would be even more beautiful."

Like Nadia she was well aware of her proportions and lack of curves. Yes, she was in good shape but she'd never been a woman of great endowments or even curves in the right places. Swimsuits were one of those things that tended to make her cringe with their lack of camouflage to those apparent truths, still she wanted to make use of the pool and the help it would be for her current lack of mobility. The buoyancy of the water should help her move her muscles without the risks of falling. She looked at Natalya, a little surprised that she'd joined the ladies but glad of it all the same. She had to believe that it rankled Natalya a bit to have Nadia pretty much barking orders at everyone. Here to watch them all. She wondered what that meant. She couldn't actually blame the Director for not trusting her group, but Nadia and the Saints? Something else was going on, and her mind was now actively working on what it might be. She too looked at the suit Nadia held up, "I like that color for you, just maybe not so...blinding?"

Harrison quirked a mock look of contrition but the smile he couldn't quite hide and that devilish sparkle in his eyes belied it. He shuffled over to the guys and sighed. He found a suit easily enough and returned to the rendezvous point to watch the women , hopefully. One by one the men joined him in the wait for the women.

Nodding along with the helpful suggestions, Nadia meandered through the maze of clothes displays. "So what kind of suits do you all want? One pieces? Bikinis? Oh I already know Nat is gonna want a tiny bikini." Cackling happily, Nadia ignored the look of pure venom Natalya was sending her way. Picking up another suit, Nadia held it up and looked at herself in a nearby mirror. "I think this yellow and white polkadot one piece is my final choice. Cass and Jen, you two see anything that catches your eye?"

Cass had already chosen a lavender one piece that had flattering side cutouts. Jen however was totally torn, "So...?" she asked holding up the two, one in each hand, "Tiger stripes or Leopard print?" Both were tiny two piece suits that only the bold would generally choose. Jen was obviously feeling bold.

Cass tipped her head, "I like the stripes..." Though she knew she'd never be brave enough to wear such a thing. Jen however had the right curves to fill it out. She moved toward the checkout to wait for the others so they could all check out together. "Aren't you going to get one Major?" she asked hoping against hope her old friend would at least speak to her.

Nadia nodded in agreement with Cassandra as they all waited in line. "Tiger stripes suit you better Jen, but I don't think the guys who see you will be critiques about the pattern of your bikini." Natalya looked sideways at Cassandra and turned up her nose snobbishly as she crossed her arms. "I have a regulation issued swimsuit, I do not feel the need to impress anyone when swimming." Nadia turned around and grinned challengingly. "Oh? Or is it that the big bad Sokolov is a chicken? If you are shy just go stay in your room, nobody is forcing you to come with us." Natalya glared back at Nadia and spoke in a dangerous tone. "Watch what you say Brunel, just because you and Director Valentine are familiar with each other does not make you replaceable." Squaring her shoulders, Nadia stared right back at the icy Major. "Oh what was that? I couldn't hear you because your head is so far up your ass. You act all high and mighty but we have been trying to accommodate you this entire time. I am getting tired of your bullshit so if all you plan to do is follow us and put us down I say just leave us alone." The nearby shoppers distanced themselves from the two women as it looked like both were getting ready to throw punches, but suddenly Natalya turned around and stomped away angrily. Running a hand through her hair, Nadia huffed indignantly. "I'm sorry Cass, I know you and Jen like to be nice but I can't stand the way she acts. She has no right to insult us on our vacation time simply because she is in a bad mood. I would-" Nadia was cut off as Natalya abruptly returned with a swimsuit in hand. It was a bold black and blood red strapless bikini from a high end clothing designer, most likely picked up simply to spite Nadia. Without saying a word Natalya rejoined the line and stared off into the distance with an angry huff.

• Love