Once the screen disappeared she relaxed and let out a slow breath. As far as she was concerned Natalya's mental state was far more healthy than when she had first met her, but she was not about to repeat such a thing aloud, since she was obviously under surveillance at all times. She'd have to speak to Graves about that..without actually speaking to him of course. She didn't really care about the director watching the area where they worked, but the private areas, yes that was intrusive and unnecessary. Private lives were just that, private and as long as everyone involved was able to continue their work there was no reason for it to ever become an issue.

Harrison must have continued his research while she was gone. Likely he was very close to finding the reasons for the rotlung, or at the very least an effective filter for the guards. something the director said before he disappeared was bothering her though. She rose and went to inspect the stasis pods. Dante was the first she came upon. She could only imagine the state Point would be in when she saw him. Still he was stable and even in stasis had strong vital signs and all things considered, had good blood volume. Turk was also in good condition, though his repairs would be time consuming, she knew they could restore his eyes to total function with implants. Kirst was low on blood volume and his vitals were not as strong as the others, but she felt her efforts on the field were enough to ensure his recovery. Xanders had lost a lot of blood before he'd ever reached her, and though she had been able to stop the bleeding his vitals were weak and concerning to her. her hand rested on his pod and she peered at him, "You will be stronger than ever...trust me and keep fighting."

Then she saw Erik in his pod and her heart lurched a bit. She could see a bit of blood in his left ear and her eye went into scan mode as she looked at him. Ruptured eardrum. Her eye moved over him and fully scanned him now that she had the leisure to do so. His right hand was beyond repair, as she'd feared initially, but the left was in far better condition than she'd thought. hopefully he wouldn't be the impatient bad patient that most doctors and techs were. She wanted to touch him and reassure herself but, she knew she was being watched so she kept moving. Natalya looked so serene in stasis, not stressed or hard. her jaw was a mess but she knew they could fix that. she had a lot of experience with cosmetic procedures along with her enhancement talents. She'd spent a bit of time on a ship full of high command officials and that type of request was fairly typical there. At the time she had been annoyed, but now she was grateful for the experience.

She moved to the last two pods and saw the two brothers side by side. She frowned. Jeff she knew was in need of stasis, but Private lang...he had been helping her all day. When had he been injured? her eye began a slow scan of the young man and she gasped when she saw it. A bullet was lodged in his chest, having entered from the back and had hit a rib and stopped dangerously close to the man's heart and aorta. How long had he been like that? He'd pulled dozens of men into the shuttle...She was not even more worried for him than for his brother Jeff.

She returned to her seat and added more notes to her pad. Once she finished her head leaned back against the seat and she closed her eyes. She needed rest, even if her mind refused to allow it at least she could relax.

• Love
Reactions: Dunruffle
The hours slipped by and soon the familiar sensation of punching through a planet's statosphere and descending was felt by all in the spacecraft. The small porthole type windows on the walls of the spaceship automatically darkened in response to the burning sunlight outside while the temperature inside rose until the auxiliary cooling system began pumping cold air into the cabin.

As they neared the massive hangar the ship abruptly made a sharp left and flew away from the hangar. Descending to a low altitude, the ship flew over lakes of sulfuric acid and jagged obsidian ridges. The ship gradually slowed as several lights began flashing and the sound of comm chatter emanated from the cockpit. Outside an interconnected web of gun batteries, underground missile silos, anti-air lasers, massive shield generators, and several massive planetary defense cannons maintained a constant defense any threat.

One of the crew emerged from the cockpit and looked out a window at the countless defenses below them. "Ugh, my stomach hurts whenever we land here. Half of those weapons are pointed at us right now. The passcodes are changed every hour and if you mess up and give the wrong code you dont get a second chance, just instantly vaporized. Though I guess it does nake sense to make sure that the only hangar connected directly to the base is secure. Only good thing I guess is you wouldnt even know your dead, just a blink, then nothing."

Turning to look at Cassandra, the crewmember gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry ma'am, I ramble when I get nervous." The man let out a sigh of relief as the warning lights shut off and the ship began to descend. "Looks like you had a rough time out there, you SOG guys have lotsa guts. I have nearly piss myself whenever those locals talk to me. I cant even imagine myself in actual combat." The man was about to continue when he was interrupted by a loud nasally snore. Dewcoy was passed out in a nearby seat and had somehow managed to fall asleep with his face pressed against a wall.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cassandra had managed to get a little sleep but the change in temperature woke her up. She looked over at the windows and saw them darkened and realized they were in reentry. She looked over at the man talking and smiled a comforting kind of smile, "Good thing they black out the windows then. Can't see anything coming either." She meant it as a joke, but he didn't look amused. "It's ok...most people ramble when they are nervous."

The nodded, "It was a rough rescue attempt, but a successful one. My boys will be fine once I'm done with them...and so will Major Sokolov." She listened as he said they were brave and that he was nervous speaking to the natives. "The natives here? I have found them to be loyal and helpful. I've rather enjoyed meeting a few of them."

She saw the warning lights go off and motioned to them, "See we are safe..." as she released her belt and stood to check on the pods again. She had just finished scanning the last one when the pilot instructed them to prepare for landing. She returned to her seat and grinned over at Dewcoy, at least he'd had a pleasant trip. How anyone could sleep in such an awkward position was beyond her, but he seemed to be sleeping soundly. She had the box they'd retrieved fastened in the seat next to her and she felt the need to start working on that antidote, but she knew that would have to wait until her boys and Natalya were taken care of properly.

The ship landed in the hangar and she unbuckled again and grabbed the box as she stood to give instruction about the pods. "All to the hospital immediately, be careful not to touch any of the controls please." She made her way to the hospital with the pods at her side. Once the doors opened her whole team was there to meet her. She gave them all a somber look, "Every patient is in stasis...we need to work fast and get them out, and stable and then start the work of rebuilding what was lost."

She went directly to the desk and linked her tablet to it and all her notes and the triage order was immediately available for the team. Point was in bay one when she saw Dante's name. She gasped and shook her head. "Keep it together Jen." She looked at Harrison then, "We are going to need a LOT of implants. Did you get any of my messages?"

Harrison shook his head, "No, but I always have things on hand, and I will build whatever I don't have."

Cassandra frowned, having hoped he'd have a little heads up before she got there. She should have known better. She finished inputting everything and stood, "We also have two non SOF soldiers. They are to be treated and then they will speak with the director or Major Sokolov I imagine. One of them in critical and is number one on the triage list. Pod 5 to bay 1...let's get started."

They worked for eighteen straight hours, but all 8 patients were out of stasis and were in stable condition. Cassandra was barely able to stand but she was determined to finish. "We need to begin working on the second phase of treatment."

"No...you need to sleep and they will not be harmed by a bit of rest either." Harrison said firmly.

"But...these are my boys. I cannot..."

"Don't make me sedate you."

"You wouldn't dare."

Harrison crossed his arms and gave her a wanna bet kind of look and Cassandra frowned but tugged off her face mask and gloves. "FINE...I'LL SLEEP!"

Harrison knew better. She would go in there and mull over things that needed done. He stabbed her butt with a syringe and caught her whens he sagged.

Point blinked, "You downed her?"

"We both know she wouldn't have slept and she has to...we need her alert tomorrow."

Point nodded, "Agreed, but I'm glad it was you and not me." She let him carry the boss back to her room and she went to sit by Dante in Bay 4."

The next morning Cassandra woke up a bit disoriented and in her bed. her backside was a bit sore and she let out a soft growl and stormed out of her room and right over to Harrison, "You sedated me."

"Yes ma'am. I needed an alert and awake Cassandra Brandford today, not an I was up all night worrying about my boys Cassandra Brandford."

Cassandra closed her eyes and counted to five, "You're lucky I need you."

"I love you too Doc. Now get a shower. I went and got everyone breakfast. We have a busy day...right?"

She smacked his arm and turned on her heel and showered quickly, pulled on clean scrubs and shoved something in her mouth for fuel and they went back to Major Sokolov first ad started to reconstruct her jaw and they used the artificial skin that was used on her own facial implant. They had to give her an implanted jaw, but once they were done, it was hard to tell she'd been shot at all. They went to Xanders and gave him two legs from Harrison's stores. Working in silent tandem the two connected nerve endings to electrodes in a meticulous procedure, but in the end they felt they had good working connections.

Dante's arm was going to have to be a special build, since he was a good deal larger than the average person, but he was awake and understanding of that fact. He didn't seem to mind being fussed over by Point either.

Turk's eyes were another delicate surgery and it took a considerable amount of time to finish. he was given a far scope in his right eye and an infrared scanner in his left as well as advanced night vision in both. Once they were implanted they did a bit of repair his face and kept him sedated while they went to work on Erik.

They had repaired his right hand last night and treated the concussion. Today they were repairing the damage to his left ear and attaching a new hand to his left. Like last night this was turning into 19 hours of surgery, but Cassandra would not stop. Once Erik's surgery was done though she looked at Harrison, "I know...go to sleep...I will..promise..I do not need another butt hurt."

Cassasndra wandered back to her bed and fell face first. Her whole body was screaming for mercy and sleep was clawing at her. She didn't even take off her scrubs or her shoes. her last waking thought was, 'I wonder when the Director is going to send for me...'

• Love
The next morning Cassandra would awake to find that the all the Saints were gone, taken away by a squad of native guards and two security officers. Any attempt from Cassandra's staff at stopping the transfer was met with cold instructions and thinly veiled threats. There was a message on her terminal saying they had been transferred to the rehabilitation and enhancement division at the command of the Director and Natalya was recuperating in her personal quarters.

The two force recon soldiers had been left alone but two heavily armed native brutes had taken positions guarding the door to the brother's recovery room and had prevented anyone but Harrison from entering or leaving. Any questions directed at them were met with monosyllabic answers or simply ignored.

(Sorry for the long delay and short post!! >.<)

• Love
Cassandra woke on her bed and was bone achingly stiff. This last few days were beginning to take a toll, but she wasn't one to slow down or to even allow herself time for such thoughts. She pushed up and ra a brush through her hair and pulled it into a pony tail behind her head. When she came out to the sick bay she could tell by the look on Harrison's face something had happened. "What's up?"

Harrison shrugged, "They came a while ago and took everyone."

"Who did?"

"A few natives and some security grunts."

"What about Dante's arm?"

"I finished it early this morning and attached it. About the second I did they were here to take everyone. They are watching us close Doc."

Cassandra was so peeved her face was red. "What about the Non SOG guys?"

Harrison pointed, "Still here, but...we have guards now." he pointed to the sick bay doors.

She went to her personal screen and tapped in a bunch of inquiries. Stonewalled at every turn. She tapped out and went to check on the brothers. One was alert and seemed to be going well, the other was still unconscious, which wasn't at all surprising given his injuries and blood loss. She turned to Point, "Has he been awake at all?"

She nodded, "Long enough to ask for his brother..."

Cassandra nodded, "Keep an eye on him, I'll be back in a few."

Jen knew that look. She made a face and went back to the paperwork she was doing for Peter.

Cass finished checking on everyone and then unlooped her stethoscope from around her shoulders and set in on the desk.

Harrison held up a hand, "Bad idea Doc."

Cassandra shrugged, "I've had worse." And she stormed out of sick bay and walked to the tram. She was shortly thereafter pacing the director's waiting area muttering under her breath.

((NO problem Dun...hugs*))

Apparently while Cassandra was away word of her kindness and medical skill had spread amongst the native guards. Normally the guards on the base barely interacted with anyone save for threatening growls or wordlessly following whatever orders were given to them. But as Cassandra had made her way to the Director's office, several guards gave her nods of greeting and one even waved and said "Hi dok-tor."

When Cassandra had arrived at the Director's office she had obviously been forced to wait in the reception area. Besides the lone receptionist (who had ignored Cassandra completely and continued taking calls), the only other occupants were three heavily armored native guards. At one point two normal security officers arrived and almost began to forcibly remove Cassandra. But the second one of the officers laid a hand on her shoulder all three guards became visibly agitated and moved forward threateningly. One stood protectively behind Cassandra as the other two towered over the officers. Of course the officers promptly fled and the guards wordlessly went back to their posts.

So now there was a pseudo stalemate, Cassandra could not be forcibly removed but she also could not force her way past the guards blocking the office entrance.

After almost 15 minutes passed, the receptionist looked up and emotionlessly spoke to Cassandra.

"The Director is currently unavailable, you have been scheduled for a direct video call via your personal terminal at 1500 local time tomorrow."

The receptionist immediately went back to work leaving Cassandra to stew in her thoughts.

• Love
Cassandra, even in her agitated state returned the nods and even smiled and said hello to the one how had actually addressed her. She couldn't help but smile at their change in attitude toward her and it helped soothe her a bit, but not too much.

She wasn't generally one to sit still for long, so she could do nothing but pace the office as she waited. Every attempt to sit only resulted in her immediately standing again to pace.

When the security guards came and approached her she dug in her feet like she was willing to fight it out with them, only to have the native guards step up behind her and offer support. Once the Security left she turned to the men, "Thank you. I appreciate that."

The secretary addressed her and she looked at her and then the door to the office as if considering making a dash for it. For a second she felt herself leaning that way but decided she'd better leave and find her boys. Rehabilitation and Enhancement...but first...She'd go check on Natalya.

She called up Natalya's personal quarters and made her way in that direction, not at all certain she'd be able to get there since she had no idea how high her clearance was, or if she was now restricted.But if she was the director was going to get an earful tomorrow. These were HER patients, and she was going to check on their progress or he was going to have one highly uncooperative doctor on his hands.

The officers area was considerably nicer and maintained than almost all other living areas on the base. The compound was on the far side of the lava lake and all rooms were built into the cavern wall to give all officers a window. There were a total of twenty floors and each one was heavily guarded. Along with the usual native guards, security drones did regular sweeps of the hallways. Another unique facet was the complement of special masked human guards. There were two special guards stationed on each floor and all of them were equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and weapons. The masks covered the entire face and was completely blank save for two small respirators near the bottom. When the bodyguards spoke, their voices were in a scrambled tone, making them sound more robot than human.

After entering the officers area, Cassandra was stopped on every floor by a bodyguard. Every time, the bodyguard would scan her ID along with using a handheld retina scanner. It took Cassandra nearly twenty minutes to make it to Natalya's room on the 18th floor. The moment Cassandra arrived at her room, Natalya opened the door and smiled softly.

"Hello Cassandra, please come in."

Natalya's private quarters included a decent sized living area with several chairs, couches, and entertainment devices centered around the massive window overlooking the lava lake. There was also a seperate bedroom, bathroom with separate bathtub and shower, along with a decently sized and well stocked kitchen.

• Love
Cassandra didn't have a problem with being scanned but the eighteenth time she lifted a brow and asked, "Don't you talk to the guys on the floor below?" But then sighed and apologized a second later. They were only doing their job, as tedious and ridiculous as it seemed to her, it was their job.

When Natalya opened the door and greeted her she was shocked and happy. "This is lovely Natalya..." She said as she entered. "You should be resting..." she added as she entered and turned to her, "you know I'm here to check on you right? Even if the Director reams me a new on tomorrow on our conference call." She smirked a bit, "Which I have no doubt he will."

She pulled out her stethoscope and gave her a quick check to make sure everything was normal and then inspected the incisions on her jawline and cheek. "Seems to be healing very well. Do you feel any tingling in your face? Along your jaw? Any burning?" She was trying to make sure there was no adverse reactions to the artificial jaw. She knew the skin wouldn't cause any reaction, but some people reacted to the jaws.

She looked at her then and tipped her head this way and that, "I think we did a fabulous job keeping your face the same beautiful shape it was, if I do say so myself." Then she grinned, "The men will recognize you and still be instantaneously terrified. Harrison tweaked your eye a bit. it should be a lot less painful and troublesome now as well."

She put her stuff away and then let out a soft sigh, "I owe you an apology Natalya. The director blames me for your injury. I hope that is not true, but if it is I am very sorry. He told me in no uncertain terms that I should not be your friend. It's a bit late for that lecture I'm afraid." She was prepared for Natalya to escort her to the door in the stiff manner of the woman she'd first met, though she knew it would be hard to take. The Director ruled here, and Natalya had to work closely with him. She would understand her backing off and not being willing to continue their friendship. Some choices were not pleasant or easy, but they had to be made. She was hoping not, but she was prepared for it if it happened.

• Love
Natalya smiled as she adjusted the gray robe she was wearing.

"I know Cassandra, but I am sure you can relate to the feeling of wanting to leave nothing unfinished before going to sleep."

She walked over to a large plush chair and sat down, gesturing for Cassandra to take a seat of her choosing.

"My jaw is a little sore but that is to be expected after major reconstructive surgery. And yes you did an excellent job with the reconstruction."

Sighing and leaning back, Natalya looked out the window at the glowing lake below.

"You are not to blame for any if this Cassandra. It is true that after working with you my....priorities..have changed slightly, but it is only natural after working with someone as compassionate and virtuous as yourself. The Director has his reasons, from what I could piece together of his past it seems there was an incident of some kind that drastically affected his mental well-being. But that is neither here nor there."

Turning to look back at Cassandra, Natalya smiled at her.

"I can see on your face you are expecting me to throw you out. Unfortunately you will have to continue putting up with my friendship. As for the Director, he cares in his own...unique...way about those he commands. Though his personality does clash with yours. The removal of the Saints from your care is his way of reminding you that he has absolute control over you and your job. Your upcoming videocall is probably for your well-being as much as his. Of all my time working under him it seems you have a talent for getting under his skin."

Laughing softly, Natalya gestured towards the apartment door.

"I am sure you had to deal with the bodyguards on each floor. The reson you are scanned on every floor is because the ranks of the officers increase on each floor."

• Love
Cassandra smiled and nodded, "I can indeed. I do not like having patients scattered all over that I have no checked on myself. I am sure the director will come to realize that my patients are mine and I cannot let them go until I know they are fully restored to health. I would never sleep. He worries in a similar manner over this empire he's built I will merely remind him of it." She sat on the chair opposite her and smiled at the lovely profile that glanced out the window.

She wanted to stay friends, "I am so very glad to hear that. I have come to value our friendship. You have taught me much, and I wish I were as virtuous as you seem to think. I have flaws, plenty of them but I love what I do and I believe in my methods. I am egotistical enough to believe no one else will give the same level of attention to detail as my team does." She smiled, "For what it's worth...I thought you were magnificent during that battle. Brave and forceful and utterly spectacular. More than one of those men was awed by you. I dare say that entire force will have a different opinion of the SOG after it. Many lives were saved and our mission was still completed, I would say that was a victory on all fronts." So many lives were lost though, and that weighed on her mind, but she did know that her abilities did have their limits. It didn't make it any easier to accept.

She huffed, "Took me 20 minutes to get up here. I feel bad for the guy on this floor. I was a bit irked by then. I asked if he spoke to those below. I know they are just doing as they are ordered but wow..." She shook her head, "I hope there's a means to expedite that process in case of a medical emergency."

She spoke of the Director being mentally damaged and she wondered what that referred to but she didn't pry. Such things were best left in the past where they belonged unless the one affect chose to share or disclose them. "Well... I can honestly say he's annoys me more than about anyone I've ever known as well. Could be we are two of a kind and do not like looking at ourselves." She smirked a little, "Still...he hired me for a reason. I am very good at what I do, so he should just let me do it." Shrugging she leaned back in the chair, "I know he will still press his authority, but I will just press back. I am certain at length we will come to an uneasy middle ground of some kind."

She tipped her head a bit and watched her. She looked so peaceful and different here. "Is there anything else I can do for you? Do you need something for the pain to help you sleep?"

Natalya laughed softly and waved her hand over the armrest of her chair, a small holographic display popped up and she began inputting various commands.

"Actually I have something you might be interested in. It seems there will be a new doctor arriving on base soon. From what I have been able to gather it seems this was not the Director's decision. I do not know who it is that has decided to interfere with the Director's command...but they are making a grave mistake. Anyone who even knows a morsel about the Director and the way he operates would not dare meddling in his affairs. This has led me to believe that the interloper is from the civilian sector. The Director loathes those who believe they can push him around without consequences. If they are lucky they will learn a lesson that does not end with their death. If you ever need something interesting to read I am sending you the files of various events the Director orchestrated. The most well known is probably the ex-defense minister, you know the one who was arrested and executed for funding terrorist cells and aiding several criminal organizations. I remember the minister sealed his fate when he attempted to cut the Special Operations Group funding and replace the Director with one of his friends from the private security sector."

Cassandra lifted a brow and tipped her head a bit. "Why would a doctor press their way into this organization? This is the furthest out post I've ever served at, and anything I discover or develop here will most likely never see the private sector where it could benefit me in any way. Not that I care about such things, but most do." Her mind was whirling around for who it might be and what could possibly be the reason for it. her abilities were widely known, it was possible someone was seeking to work with her and her team, Harrison most notably. That seemed highly unlikely though, and her own modesty didn't allow her to dwell there long, but what would she do with another doctor? There was one available room left, since Graves refused to leave his cage. Sadly for her it was the one closest to hers, so hopefully it was someone she could stomach.

She listened as Natalya spoke of things the director had done and the file she was sending. She knew she would read it in its entirety once she was back in her room. Always know the devil you must deal with as intimately as possible, was something her father used to say often. He had been referring to pests on their farm, both insect type and predator, but the saying applied to life just as true and she'd gained a lot of advantage in being careful in that way. "I do remember that," she said blinking, "Are you saying that Defense Minister was innocent?" She asked, though having met the man one time she found that incredibly hard to believe as well. He came off to her as slime that was well oiled and greased, but when you needed funding, you touched a lot of slimy people. "Can't say I miss that man," she said with a frown, "Which sounds horrible...but he was the worst kind of man to have power of the kind he wielded."

She sighed, "I wish I could stay and chat longer, but I have to find the boys and check on them. I'm egotistical enough to think they need me, and I need to assure myself they are all fine. Plus, Dante's arm is ready, so I have to get him sent back for that procedure." She didn't add that she had emotional attachments, but she was sure Natalya was aware of it. Thankfully she'd never mentioned it or scolded her for it. "You wouldn't happen to know a way to save me some time in getting to them would you?" She asked wincing a bit at the thought of showing her ID to 20 guards again.

Natalya shrugged in response to Cassandra's question about the new doctor. "I am not sure, I guess we will just have to wait and find out." She gave a small smile to Cassandra and shook her head when she asked about the Defense Minister. "I am sure that he was not innocent in the slightest. But some of the findings might have been exaggerated or altered in some way to make it look much worse."

Standing up and walking with Cassandra to the apartment door, Natalya smiled and shook Cassandra's hand. "I will let them know so you can just take the elevator straight down. I also sent you a map to the R&E division area. Good luck."

• Love
Cassandra nodded, "I suppose we will. I will have graves do some investigating for me...he's a man of many talents." She grinned and stood to head to the door. She covered Natalya's hand with her other one and held it for a second, "You look well but please take this time to rest. I am sure you will want to return quickly, but try to give yourself at least a week."

Releasing her hand, Cassandra turned and reached for the door handle, "Oh bless you. I was dreading the badge brigade." And hearing she had a map, she tapped her temple and smiled, "Ahh..wonderful. Thank you so much!"

Departing from Natalya's apartment, she made her way to the elevator and waited while they confirmed that she had permission to ride it. thankfully that was a painless process and she was quickly down and out of the complex. Following the map, she easily found the R&E area and presented her badge and requested to see her patients. She was met with a bit of confusion and resistance but they quickly realized she was not leaving without seeing her patients.

Eventually she was shown to their room and found them all sitting up in their beds reading or using a tablet of some kind. "So, I am glad to see you all conscious and alert." She came into the room and smiled at them. It was great to see them all, and her heart felt a rush as her eyes took them each in one at a time. "You guys really made me work..." She smiled to keep from having an emotional episode.

She went to Dante first since he bed was the closest, "Big guy...your new arm is ready. I'm going to have them send you over to get it implanted. Harrison made you a few nice things I think you'll like. and it looks really good too." She pulled out her stethoscope and gave a listen checking his pulse. "Are you experiencing any residual pain? Ghost pain?"

((Going to do them one at a time...so you can reply))

Meanwhile. Marcus Edwards was boarding a transport to bring him from the Andromeda to his new posting with SOG and where he would finally be working with Cassandra Brandford again. Being her partner in school had given him his place on the dean's list and most of his academic status. Working with her would be a great boost for his career and if he was lucky he might even get the one thing he'd never managed to get from her, a physical relationship. He didn't plan to be around long enough for anything more than that, but he considered her the one that got away, and he didn't like that. She was too intense for him in the long term, and too smart. But, he'd bet she was a wild cat in bed and he really wanted to find out whether or not he was right. He sat down and strapped himself in excited for this new chapter in his life to begin.

When Cassandra entered the room she was met with a chorus of greetings. On the far end, Erik gave Cassandra a warm smile and a wave while Dante laughed heartily. Giving Cassandra a wide smile, Dante ruffled her hair with his free hand while she checked him over.

"Ayy it's our lucky charm! See I told the guys you were gonna be fine but mister medic over there nearly got himself sedated twice because he kept trying to go out and look for you."

Erik gave Dante the middle finger while he blushed slightly, only making Dante laugh more.

"As for me I am all good doc! I figured learning to type with one hand is a learning experience, I knew you would stop by eventually. Though LT over there is grumpy cuz he has to drink smoothies since he got his guts blown out while the rest of us get the good shit from the mess hall."

Cassandra's eyes met Erik's and she returned that smile but then her attention was drawn to Dante. "Well...I think Jen is anxious for you to be back at the clinic...but you did NOT hear that from me." She winked. Their good luck charm? She felt so privileged to hear that come from someone's mouth. Trouble tended to follow her and most people thought she was some kind of bad luck charm, to be honest. She didn't actually believe in such things but still, it was nice to have people who were glad to see you.

He was strong as an ox and his vitals were excellent, "You are the fastest healer I have ever seen Dante. I'll have the corpsmen come for you in a few hours and you will be playing the piano or typing with two hands again."

She glances at Kirst and made her way to his side, "Sorry about the liquid diet...it's only for a few days and then soft foods will follow. Believe me...you don't want to push that...not at all worth the pain." She checked him over as well. "Are you experiencing any pain? Any odd bruising that has appeared since you were brought here?" She asked as she took his pulse and listened to his heart. She had been the most worried about him, and she was determined that he was going to recover and be able to return to that family. She didn't think he was quite ready right then, but that might not be in his hands. This was a serious injury, and she had no idea what the direction would decide to do about it. he'd recover though, she'd see to it.

• Love
Dante gave Cassandra a toothy smile and winked at her. "Well it is always nice to feel wanted, but I am sure you have no trouble in that department doc."

Kirst rolled his eyes as Dante and Xanders giggled like schoolboys. "Dont mind them, I am pretty sure they are both still a little high from all the drugs they have been pumping into us." As Cassandra questioned him Kirst simply shrugged. "I dont think so, I feel fine. Well, as fine as someone could feel who is missing most of their guts. Fucking shrapnel shredded my intestines as well as a bunch of other stuff. It's gonna be a pain getting used to having plastic and tubes where my insides used to be. But hey I am still alive thanks to you so it's not like I am ungrateful, thanks again for getting us all out of there Doc."

There was a round of loud agreements from everyone save Turk, who merely gave Cassandra a thumbs up. His eyes had been replaced with simple mechanical ones that all proper medical facilities had on hand. They only transmitted images in black and white but they were easy to implant and gave the recipient time to adjust and see if there would be any future complications.

• Love
Cassandra waved a hand at Dante, "Right..." she nodded to Kirst. "there's not much plastic in there, but you do have a few yards of artificial organs. Doctor Sechen is creating good implant replacements, so I have to approve of him at present. Still...it is an adjustment for you body. You should be good as new shortly though." She smiled at his thanks and the others as well. "No one is taking my boys away without a fight from me." She said as she went to Turk then. "How are you doing?' she asked. "We have better implants for you...Harrison built them special. once you get used to these we can upgrade you." She wasn't going to leave him like this, and she didn't care what the director thought about it, not when she had FAR better available. She gave his hand a squeeze and smiled, "I think he even matched your color." Harrison was a stickler for details and his implants were the best she'd ever worked with. He was a genius as far as she was concerned.

She looked at Xander then and tipped her head, "How are your legs responding?" she asked. "it's different getting used to them. Dante has the advantage he's been through this before. How is therapy coming?"

She wanted to take time with each person but she was really fighting the urge to rush over to Erik and ask about his hands, and how he was doing. She didn't want to seem too obvious but her eyes kept making the trip even if her feet had not. Lecture or no, she needed to make sure he was well and ok.

• Love
Kirst arched an eyebrow at the information of grown organs. "Huh, homegrown organs. Well if it is better than the artificial stuff sign me up." As Cassandra approached Turk he squinted slightly at her face. "Fine, a little blurry." Listening to Cassandra reassure him, Turk nodded curtly. "Give him my thanks."

Xanders let out an unhappy sigh as he wiggled his skinny metal legs. "Learning how to walk again is a pain in the ass. I swear if the tech boys dont give me some sweet upgrades like Dante I am gonna file a complaint or somethin. With how good you and Harrison are it should be no problem for them."

Meanwhile Erik fidgeted anxiously as he waited his turn, it was clear he was not going to be satisfied until he could make sure she was alright himself.