Missing

Marissa pulled out her phone and groaned "moms not going to like this" she said.
Rose smiled at Lyle "of course it's not too much to ask" she said gently and then raised her arms "I don't know exactly how to use them but I can figure-"
Suddenly a shock blast came from Roses arms, making a crater in the wall.
The young woman jumped back into Lyle in fear. She turned around and blushed slightly "uhh sorry" she said sheepishly.
Marissa watched them glaring, she put the phone to her ear getting ready to talk to her mom.

He jumped as well, but then smiled and said "It's fine. You aren't used to it. Just focus when he gets here." Lyle rolled to where Marissa was and whispered, "Hey, c'mon....Give her a chance. She's not trying to hurt us." He gave a gentle smile and looked over near the entrance.

Marissa gave him a look of disbelief "even if she's not trying to hurt us, she still can" she said.
Rose stared at Marissa for a moment. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes again, completely forgetting that she was still pressed against Lyle.
She lifted her left arm and aimed at the same spot that she blasted at. The point of this was to practice her aim but what happened was astonishing! Old, rotting shelves that were placed in the corner long ago started lifting from the air. Roses eyes were a light blue color.
Marissa started talking to her mom and walked away.
Rose slowly lowered her arm and the shelves came crashing down. The young woman ran her fingers through her hair frustrated.
"Why do I suck so much?" She said trying to laugh off her discouragement.
She sat down and placed her hands behind her so she could lean back, instead what happened was a shock blast bursted from under her sending her flying in the air. She screamed as she shot up into the sky and landed on a rusted beam. "I'm okay" she called nervously from the ceiling.
Status
Photo Check In
What's on your mind?

landed on a rusted beam on the ceiling. "I'm okay she called from below