Missing

Rose hid behind a building, the same building as Lyle and looked at her hands. She started weeping to herself

"Rose! Come back...We want to help!" He stood on the corner looking, but to know avail. Time was running out, and he need to find her. He called once more, "ROSE! God dammit." He gripped the gun, wanting to shoot into the air.

All the buildings powered down and snow started sprinkling from the sky. Rose peered from the corner as Lyle yelled "I'm here..." she said.

He turned quickly and ran to her" Jesus, you scared me. That was stupid of you, running off when they still could be looking for you." He hit her head lightly. "You just surprised them. Don't feel bad. Now come, let's go back." He turned and waited for her to follow.

"I can't..." Rose began "all those people could have been hurt because of me" she then looked at her arms "I'm a monster" she shrudders as the snow fell lightly.

"We want to help you. And you're not a monster. You're...gifted. Learn how to use them and maybe you can help people out!" He stood at the corner eaiting for her. "Let's go before someone comes." He had a look of worry on his face, and was looking around.

Rose looked at him "are you sure?" She said "what if I hurt someone? What will I do then?"
Marissa was walking through the streets, she got done fixing the computers and snuck away from her mother to go and find Lyle.

"I'll figure it out if it comes to that. Right now we just need to get to safety." He jumped at every sound.He was on edge and wanted to et her safe. "Marissa shoule have the computers up"

Marissa walked around looking at all the broken street lights "why is Lyle even going after her?" She grumbled frustratingly.

"Look, it was nice of you to try and help" Rose paused for a moment and stopped in her tracks. "I hope you know what your doing" she said and studied him for a moment before speaking once again. "I wouldn't blame you for running from me...but thank you for not running." She then smiled for the first time and looked around. Buildings everywhere were powered down as the snow continued to fall.
"I've never had time to notice this before...but the city is quite beautiful at night..." She then walked next to Lyle, "especially when your not alone."
The young woman then stared into the mans eyes. Her eyes were a gorgeous light green color, she herself was gorgeous. Dark brown hair and a graceful, yet cute look to her. Beyond her dangerous power was a soft, humorous and attractive woman.
Her body wasn't half bad either, she had all the right curves in all the right places. She wasn't too skinny or fat, she was just right.
Rose blinked before staring off into space and touched her shoulder. She grabbed at lyles jacket she was wearing and then snapped out of it.
"Damn it! I'm so sorry! I ruined your jacket!" The young woman growled at herself annoyed. The sleeves of the jacket were indeed burned off. However this was a whole new side of Rose that Lyle is meeting. She doesn't seem scared or as unsure, in fact she was a little more innocent, sweet and clumsy.

He blushed slightly looking into her eyes but quickly snapped out of it and remained vigilant. "It's no problem, Rose. I can always buy another. It wasn't your fault." He was cold, but he didn't let it bother him. His T shirt would be enough for him. Turning the corner he saw Marissa and sighed. "Marissa! I thought I told you to help with the computers!" He waited for her to come over, still on the lookout for any suspicious characters.

Marissa ran towards him "I was worried about you!" She stopped in her tracks when she saw Rose "oh gosh...what is she doing here?" She asked with worry in her tone.
Suddenly a man grabbed her and put a knife to her throat. The man was clearly a random street thug.
"Give me both of your wallets and nobody gets hurt!" He said.
Marissa screamed and Rose took a stand "let her go!"
The man then faced Rose, "unless you wanna see this pretty face cut up you better give me something!" He barked.
"Okay...okay..." Rose began then looked around trying to figure out a plan. She saw Lyles wallet and walked over to him. "Lyle...maybe if I think I might know a way to help...I can give him your wallet and then grab Marissa away, then maybe you can shoot him in the knee with your gun...it might sound stupid...but I can't think of anything else...do you have any suggestions?" She whispered.

There's a bizarre sound from the mouth of the alley in which Rose and Lyle are confronting the would-be mugger. A curious popping sound, combined with a muffled snap.

And with it, suddenly the man's leg is gushing crimson into the thin layer of snow that coats the concrete. He collapses backwards with a howl, pulling Marissa down with him.

Obie strides into the alleyway, his briefcase clutched in one leather glove-clad hand, a silenced handgun in the other. The weapon is levelled on Lyle, but he moves straight for the man on the ground to kick the knife away from him. Swift, professional movements. Practised. Muscle memory combined with potent experience.

"Dobro," Obie drawls, backing away from the downed thug slightly but keeping his gun on the only other obviously armed person in the alley, "be holstering your weapon now, please. Then keep hands where I am seeing them."

"We don't want any trouble!" Rose said as she raised her arms she stood there as electricity surrounded her arms.

"Nor I, but trouble is seemings to be following you," Obie points out, his expression remaining locked, "if I were to be wishing you harm, I would simply not have been intervening when this one jumped you."

He nods to the groaning thug on the ground, but his weapon remains in place. "So please be suggesting to your friend that he lower his weapon."

"First a question, why did you help us?" Rose asked. "What's in it for you?" Marissa sat up and squealed in fear she spun around to see another man with a gun.

Lyle needed to act fast...A distraction...Something...He put his hand up to give himself more time. "Who are you...You clearly
aren't friendly." He didn't want to reveal he had a gun just yet. His eyes darted around looking for something....Anything...He saw his only chance and went for it. He leaned and grabbed a garbage can and threw it at the man with the briefcase, put held onto the lid. He drew the gun and aimed at the man, and hit the other thug in the head with the lid, knocking him out.
"Heh....Geez...This is really bad...", he whispered to Rose.

Marissa ran and embraced her hero with a hug and Rose said "we need to get out of here quickly! Any ideas?"
Marissa grabbed Lyles arm "c'mon I know an abandoned building we can hang out at!" She pulled her crush and Rose followed before they knew it they were all running towards the hideout.
Within an hour they made it to the building. It was old and rotting on the outside. Nobody would look twice at the place, and it was perfect. Marissa walked towards the door and grabbed the wooden handle trying to pry it open. Rose ran over and helped her. With a slow scraping sound the door opened. The place looked a lot cleaner on the inside then out. They all went inside and Marissa looked around "it's been recently abandoned but the constant weather has worn down the wood from the outside."

The sound of footsteps pounding through the snow brings the mysterious gunman back to his senses. Rising to his knees and staring about the alley, Obie sighs and tugs out a mobile phone from his jacket pocket.
"There have been complications," he growls.
"Explain."
"She is not alone. Two others with her. Am not able to be telling if they are just good samaritans or third party."
"This is not acceptable. We can't prevent the Institute from tracing her anymore. You're going to have company very soon."
"Jebote." Obie sighs, clutching the lump forming on his hand where the trash can struck him. "We are goings to plan B, then?"
"Yes. Do not let the girl fall into their hands, brother. If the two with her are working for a third party, remove them. Otherwise exercise your own discretion. But the girl is the priority. Clear?"

Obie sets the briefcase down in the snow and snaps it open with one hand. Inside is a carefully packaged MP7 submachine gun, complete with sights and a carry harness that the gunman slings over his shoulder.

As Obie rises again, he looks like a man ready for war.
"Yes, vozhd."

Reactions: SherlockHoneycombs
"Dr. Lye"
There was a knock on the mans office door.
The man himself sat up abruptly, he looked around. Papers of the missing experiment were scattered everywhere. It was another late night looking for the thing.
He stared at the paper in front of him. A child, no more than 7 years old; holding a teddy bear with one button eye missing.
The bear was on a shelf in a display case next to the mans desk. On the bottom of the case was the bears name, it was Hamlet.
Another knock on the door brought the man to his senses. "Come in," he stated in a gruff voice.
The door slowly opened with a creak. A gorgeous woman in a black and gray striped woman's suit came in.
The top was way too low showing the top of her pressed together cleavage. Her hair was a light brown color and wrapped up in a stylish up do. Her skirt reached just above her knees.
"What do you want Candy?" Lye growled.
She walked up to him and threw a folder at his desk, as the file slid in front of him she smirked. "She calls herself Rose..."

"Marissa, do you have your phone?" He was behind a chair with his gun out, in case the man came in. "Call Diane and tellher to bring some help. I have a feeling I can't take this guy alone." He peeked around the chair to look. He had a bad feeling about this. "Rose....I know this is asking a lot, but do you think you can control your powers enough to take this guy out?"