Missing Memories

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
"Three... no, four clicks to the left."

"Two clicks down.... perfect."

Yuri stared down the scope of her rifle, watching the President from a roof nearby the building his precious conference was to take place in. She had no intention of putting him out of commission just yet; she had to delay for maximum effect, after all. She wished she had some kind of fancy equipment to listen in with as well, but such was life. So long as she fulfilled her mission; weakening the government of the country long enough for her fellow conspirators to uproot it, she would be satisfied. The assassin would have to remember to thank the person responsible for this delay, if she were to ever meet them.

Appearance below
LmO2Rnm.jpg

The president stood, making his way to the front of the room. He cleared his throat. "Fellow presidents, embassadors, kings, queens. I am back from my personal leave, and I have some serious business to attend to. There's a group, planning very nasty things. I found this on the security footage." he pulled up a picture. There were two cars, ripped to shreds, three bodies visible, two still in a black car. "Look." he pointed to a tree, where one branch seemed off and there was a jet black stick poking out. "See that? A gun. There was a hole in the tire in this car," he pointed at the red car where the three bodies had come from, "that caused the crash. Someone is out to get us. King Lazder, last week, wasn't your son attacked by an unseen enemy on his way to lunch?"

King Lazder shifted uncomfortable. "President Vaiz, he was, but that does not mean it is the same group." He said.

"But it could. I will let this sink in." he said, closing down his presentation and returning to his seat.

Drake closed his laptop before making his way down the stairs to the bottom of the building. He burst out of the door and sprinted across the road to his car. Drake started the car and plugged his phone into the car. "Kronos, what's going on with the president?" Drake asked, his eyes fixed on the road as he drove. "The President is having a conference at the moment." the phone replied, with no emotion. "Perfect." Drake grinned before taking a quick look at the directions to the hidden building where the conference was being held. He took a sharp turn and drove as fast as he could, unseen through the hidden roots of the city. He parked in a nearby building and made his way to to the roof, carrying his laptop.

Yuri was so focused on the President that she failed to realize she was no longer alone in the area, and continued to watch the man throw his... understandable paranoia about. She placed her finger on the trigger and kept waiting for the perfect moment, repositioning her scope a few clicks every time the man's head moved. She knew she would only get one chance at this, and she had to make it count.

Staring at the girl, similar to his age, on the roof with a weapon slightly stunned him before he tapped her on the shoulder.

"What." Yuri said quietly, pulling one hand away from the trigger of her rifle to get a good grip on her sidearm. She couldn't take her eyes off of the President for fear of missing a good chance, but if she had to neutralize another threat, she would.

"What are you doing?" Drake asked, grabbing her arm holding the rifle. If someone was to kill the President, it'd be him. Not some girl.

Yuri let out a very soft groan; she would have to deal with interference after all. The girl pressed her arm further into the stranger's grasp as she stood up, twisting herself slightly to aim her pistol at him. "You're a nuisance. Get out of here, or I'll put a few new holes in your body."

"Make me." Drake grinned, but put his hands up nonetheless. "Hey, you can help me. How about I hire you? You can be, like, my assistant. Yeah, assistant!" Drake chuckled.

"Assistant?" Yuri's brow rose. So this person wasn't trying to defend the President? That made things a lot easier. "I take it we have similar goals." she said softly, keeping her gun carefully trained on the stranger's torso until she had some concrete information to work with.

"Obviously. I wanna kill the President as well." Drake said. "Now, assistant?" Drake said, hopefully. He hoped she wasn't the leader type otherwise she'd prefer him to be her assistant. And at the moment, he needed a person who was good with guns. He would accept either way though.

The President watched as Embassador Blaine stood, once again trying to hit his point on global warming. The entire group groaned. "Really?"
"Again?"
"We've already said this is not a crisis!"
Several people said aloud, annoyed. The Embassador glared, but sat down. If anyone was watching as he stuck his hands behind his chair, he clicked a button on the side of his watch and a red light flashed. A helictopter took flight all the way downtown.

A moment later, both operatives were contacted by the same number.
"Yuri! Drake! What are you two doing?! You both have jobs to do, and if you don't do them, I'm going to get someone that will!"
The man hung up the receivers angrily before either could reply, waiting to see what each of them would do on his monitor.
That man was my adoptive father, Kawlov Reispudin, the leader of the New World Order Resistance Movement, know among themselves as "The New Norm", who had many operatives, yet none of them even knew who they were truly working for.

My name is Mavric Hunter, the name may sound weird, but that's what the old man named me when he found me in a well with no memories of who I was or where I came from.
He raised me to know the difference between right and wrong, yet the lines of good and evil have always been blurry.
I've tried my best to make him proud, using my 234 I.Q. to assist him in managing his agent's equipment and funds, as well as plan out several heists, yet what he was doing was going too far.
I'd have to stop him somehow, and the best place to look first was to meet with the President's daughter the only way I knew how: to sneak in and find her.

I left our base using one of the vehicles I'd designed, looking for the hospital the girl was registered in.
After what seemed like hours, I'd finally found it.
Walking inside, I noticed that no one was at the front desk, nor were there any nurses patrolling the halls.
"Finally," I said to myself as I found the dressing room, "I can do something the easy way."

After I dressed myself in the proper attire, I decided to find out which room the girl was located in, smiling as I easily hacked the security system, finding that someone had done it before me, terminating their access before I got the all clear.
I walked over to the room, saying it in my head over and over to make sure I remembered where it was before I finally stumbled upon it, the girl's bodyguard nowhere to be found.
I cautiously walked in to find that she was the only occupant, as the camera only allowed me to see her side of the room, then I sat next to her bed, looking to see if she would awaken any time soon so I could help her in any way I could.

I shift, wincing as it suddenly hurt to breath again. I sit up slowly, coughing a little and taking a deep breath, waiting for my ribs to realign. As they did, I open my eyes. Immediately I see the newcomer. A strained yelp slipped from my throat and I tried to move away, but ended up falling out of the bed. I lay on the ground, panting, my face contorted in fear and pain. I still after a moment and groan. "D-do..Sh..should I..know you?" I ask, suddenly remembering I have amnesia and I might have known the newcomer before the crash.

I looked at the poor girl as I helped her into bed, checking to see if she'd hurt herself more from the fall.
"No, you shouldn't. It was my fault you lost your memory in the first place." I said, kneeling by the bed, almost in tears by how much the plan I had devised had gone so wrong.
"Everything went wrong. The sniper was supposed to take out the corrupt President, and no one else was supposed to get hurt. My father promised me that no one else would be hurt..." I trailed off, unable to speak any longer, the pain in my heart filling every part of my being as I wept at what I had caused.

I frown slightly. "d-don't..cry..." I say, reaching out and lightly touching the strange man's hand. "I..I forgot my name..." I say, trying to calm the man. "B-but what..what is..your name?" I ask quietly, my voice still a little raspy. I refrain from coughing again, but wince as I take a particularly deep breath.

I could see the pain in the girl's face as she tried to reassure me.
Right then, I knew that I had to do anything in my power to help her remember who she was, even if it meant taking down my own father.
Smiling at her, I set my other hand on top of her's before I spoke.
"My name's Mavric, and I'm here to make things right. I'm-" I paused a moment before finishing my sentence unaware of what the outcome of my words might be, "I'm here to do whatever I can to protect you, ...Miss Mya."

Vane returned from the Hospital lobby as he saw Mavric in the room. "Excuse me, but who are you and what are you doing here? All visitors have to wait in the waiting room. I am gonna have to ask you to leave." Vane pointed towards the exit.

I nod slightly, thinking a moment. "s..so my name is..Mya?" I look at the wall across from me and my eyes brighten slightly. "ooooh....yeah..." I shake my head. "I forgot.." She looked up at Vane entered, then at Mavric. She looked back at Vane. "I...kinda...forgot who you were..but...I know you.." she said, recognizing him but not able to remember who he was. She looked back at Mavric. "I..don't go.." she said, frowning slightly as she looked at Vane. "C-can he stay..please...?"

I smiled at Mya, then the doctor.
"Hey Doc, why don't you help me get this girl something for her pain? I need every pain reliever that this says she's not allergic to, as well as a syringe and something to melt all the meds in."
I motioned to the clipboard, as I waited for what the doctor would do.
"If you try to make me leave, I can just knock you out, take your keys, stuff you in a locker, and get everything myself if you really want to do it the hard way."

Last edited: