Misheard Lyrics

Are you going to post the Buzzfeed Misheard Lyrics videos?

• Nope!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, because they're already in the OP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, because they kind of cut discussion short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because Mini asked me nicely not to and I'm not a confrontational jackass

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • YES BECAUSE I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON WHO LIKES MAKING POSITIVIST CANADIANS SAD >=(

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Been a while since we had one of these! I love misheard lyrics. I think sometimes they save a terrible song by making it funny, and sometimes it's just funny that people manage to mishear the lyrics when they're in the friggin title! xD

What are your favourite misheard lyrics?

Misheard: lonely Starbucks lovers
Actual: Long list of ex-lovers

Misheard: Got a kit-kat, got a kit-kat
Actual: Gotta get get, Gotta get get

Misheard:
"Hold me close young Tony Danza
Actual: Hold me closer, tiny dancer

Misheard: I don't think you're ready for fish jelly
Actual: I don't think you're ready for this jelly

Now, because I have a feeling what some of you are going to post:
Yup, these videos exist. They're excellent and funny and list a LOT of misheard lyrics; you may have noticed a lot of my favourites up there are included in them! We could easily just post these videos and call it a thread, but please don't. This is a thread for discussing our favourite misheard lyrics, not reacting to buzzfeed videos. It derails the topic just a little too easily.

I do concede that they are related and entertaining though, so there's a playlist link of them here in the spoiler if reading this topic made you want to watch them, but let's keep this thread about listing our favourite lyrics instead of reacting to these collections, please <3

Here's a link to the playlist of all Buzzfeed's Misheard Lyrics Videos

All righty! What are your favourite misheard lyrics, Iwaku? :3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Izurich
When my brother and his friend were little they would try to sing this song when it came on, so my mom told them they lyrics were "I love the cookies" instead of "I love the cocaine". They would be jamming in the back of the van singing about cookies. Now that is all I can think of when I hear this song.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
When my brother and his friend were little they would try to sing this song when it came on, so my mom told them they lyrics were "I love the cookies" instead of "I love the cocaine". They would be jamming in the back of the van singing about cookies. Now that is all I can think of when I hear this song.
I can't find the clip, but this reminds me of that really old advertising jingle for butter that went "Butter makes it better nat'rally!"
when I was a kid I thought they were saying my name ("Butter makes it better, Natalie!") and never really questioned it :P

Similarly, in this song I always thought he said "what about young Natalie?" I guess I"m pretty egotistical xD

At the very end of Strawberry Fields Forever by the Beatles, you can faintly hear John say "cranberry sauce". There are way too many people who are convinced he said "I buried Paul".

THERE'S A RIDICULOUS CONSPIRACY THEORY THAT PAUL MCCARTNEY DIED IN 1966 AND THAT THE REST OF THE BAND TRIED TO KEEP IT A SECRET AND REPLACED HIM WITH A LOOK-ALIKE. AND THIS MISHEARD LYRIC (if it counts as a lyric?) IS ONE OF THE MAIN ARGUMENTS THAT PEOPLE GIVE FOR IT. OwO

As for why John said 'cranberry sauce'? Lol I dunno man. If you listen closely you can hear one of them shouting 'mashed potatoes' in the background of Yellow Submarine. Anything is possible.

Last edited:
... Why does Minibit get to do something, and then tell everyone else not too? :(
(I actually have no idea what a Buzzfeed style video is... So if mine end up millionaire it's a coincidence... I swear :/).

Any ways.