Misconceptions!

O

Ochalla

Original poster
misconceptions.png

So what misconception would you like to set the record straight on for the enlightenment of the masses?

Couldn't care less.

"Couldn't."

COULDN'T.

COULD..... FUCKING... UNT!

YOU ASSHOLES!

Oooookay....

Poinsettias while they can cause irritation on the skin are not poisonous. Poinsettias are one of the most tested household plants and are not going to cause Junior the keel over if he nibbles on a leaf.

What Asmo means to say is that the proper phrase is "Couldn't care less." Which means there is no possible way you could care less than you do at that moment. Compared to "Could care less." that most people seem to say, which means that you yes could care a little less than you do right now, so that means you still care a little bit.

:D

MY ADDED MISCONCEPTION: Cold water boils faster than hot water <-- FALSE. That's ridiculous and against common sense. D:<

Kudos to Asmo.

I too have a grammar peeve... It's ANYWAY, not ANYWAYS.

Unless you're playing a character that can't speak properly/uses slang, stop typing anyways! D< It even annoys me when people speak this word. That word is incorrect!

This topic is dumb. I mean, for all intensive purposes it's a doggy dog out there, and I have no time for this.

Common misconceptions? (no surprise this would would make me think of condoms >.>)

How about: Everything you read on Wikipedia is true.

You can thank the comic for reminding me.

Also, your tongue is NOT divided into different "taste" zones. Whether you put salt on the back or the front of your tongue, it will still taste like goddamn salt.

THERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING THING AS "UNSWEETENED TEA"!

THERE IS PLAIN TEA, AND THERE IS SWEETENED TEA, BUT WHO SWEETENS TEA, JUST TO UNSWEETEN IT!?

IS THAT EVEN REALLY A GRAMATICALLY CORRECT WORD!?

THE THE PREFIX OF "UN" OVERUSED? GODDAMMIT, YES! SO IS "NON"

ALSO, OPEN A GODDAMNED GRAMMAR BOOK, PLURALS DON'T INVOLVE APOSTROPHES UNLESS TO SHOW OWNERSHIP, OR THE USE OF THE WORD "IS"

Inflammable and flammable mean the exact goddamn thing.

I don't care if there is an 'in' in front of flammable, it doesn't change the definition.

DADDY LONG LEGS ARE NOT THE MOST VENOMOUS SPIDER.

THEY'RE NOT EVEN SPIDERS.

They're in a similar family, but they are NOT arachnids!

Jesus.

I have many. I so I'll complain about nostalgic history instead....IT'S BULL SHIT.

EVIL IS NOT COOL SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S EVIL!

GOOD GUYS ARE NOT PANSIES SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD!

seriously, I get tired of hearing stuff like that.

OHMYGOSH DIANA, REALLY? D:
i always thought hot water boiled faster! xD
college chemistry student fail

Hmmm~
well a misconception going around these parts lately is Freezing rain is not the same as hail! D:<
LOL P:

OHMYGOSH DIANA, REALLY? D:
i always thought hot water boiled faster! xD
college chemistry student fail

Hmmm~
well a misconception going around these parts lately is Freezing rain is not the same as hail! D:<
LOL P:

Hot water DOES boil faster, that was the entire point Diana was trying to make XD

Another common misconception: Autists are always intelligent people. < That one is almost as bad as people who think all autists are A-social beings who prefer to be alone.

AH o____O
I FEEL DUMB NAO. xDDD

Ooh. I have heard of that one alot! My mom's a doctor && she says it all the time!
That Autistic Children are geniuses.
But where did that come from anyway? If its not true? :/

I think it's caused by the fact that Autism is often paired with an imbalance in the IQ. Usually they excel at one "kind" of intelligence, but are below par or average when it comes to other kinds. This often turns autists into "Savants" or people who are really good at one thing. But it doesn't say anything about their intelligence as a whole, which requires you to take all the scores of all "kinds of intelligence" and take the average of that.