7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Cyberpunk, Horror, Survival, Bizarre/Surrealism, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Grimdark.
To save them, you would go to hell and back.

And that is exactly what you're going to do...

down_with_the_crimson_wine_by_nanfe-d5cv3dk.jpg

NanFe @ DA

Cast aside your human body. Cast aside that mask.

Become an Appointed. Harness the power of your soul.

Take back what was stolen.

Just try not to lose your mind in the process.

You've already lost your [glow=red]life[/glow]...

Welcome to Mirror World
a grimdark magical girl roleplay

Elements of horror, despair, and kickass powers await all players and as the GM, I will do my very best to delve into the deep, dark world of all that is grim and serve it up with a side dish of campy fun.

Mirror World is a roleplay about a group of dysfunctional teens who, without another option, are stripped of their mundane life, of everything they know, and thrust into a twisted reflection of our world. All that is evil and cruel in our world has manifested right there in Mirror World, most as something far more sinister. It will be the job of these teens to master their newfound powers and weapons and set out on the task given to them by their guardian.

A contract will be made.

And I won't lie; his price is a high one. But if it means that you, an Appointed, will receive a power strong enough to let you play in [glow=red]His[/glow] league, maybe you can save That Person after all...

Warning.
This roleplay may deal with the following triggers: Suicide and death in general, substance abuse, mild gore, utterly depressing situations. I strongly suggest that anyone signing up for this roleplay be aware of these things and be able to handle them well.

Terms & Information

This will be updated often throughout the RP so refer back to it once in a while.

Mirror World. The grim reflection of our world. Most of it is blanketed in darkness. The natives hide behind the walls of their last remaining stronghold. There are no animals or people. Only souls and monsters.

The Appointed. Humans contracted by a Guardian. Only a select few hold the potential to become one and it is said that Otherworldly creatures both good and evil can sniff them out. The Appointed pay a hefty price in exchange for the ability to harness magical powers. They are the knights of Mirror World.

Appointed Powers. They vary drastically. The original four Appointed harnessed the main elements; fire, water, wind, earth. These elements are available to you newly Appointed. However, this Mirror World session has a few barred from use for good reason: time, sound, holy/light, anything to do with the dead, and poison.

Appointed Weapons. Weapons follow the power theme and act as a bridge. An Appointed's weapon is sacred and irreplaceable and should it become damaged, there will be consequences.

Acceptance. The strength of an Appointed's weapon and powers is directly related to their level of acceptance of their True Self. If your belief should wane, so will your powers and the integrity of your weapon.

What I need from you.
○ Ordinary, if a little dysfunctional, teen characters. Your character needs to have flaws, needs to be imperfect. As a result, you need two physical appearances and personalities. One will be your "façade" - the person everyone thinks you are. The other will be your true self. More will be explained in the character sheet template.

○ Your patience. I have the attention span of a hyperactive, cocaine-abusing squirrel. Sometimes it takes me a bit to post and move things along.

○ Plot with each other. If you have little plot candies you'd like to add to this roleplay, PM me and we'll discuss it. I'm more than willing to work something into the story for you guys.

What I don't need from you.

○ God-like powers for your character. Try not to make them too grand. What I mean by this is that I don't want any one-post solutions. This is grimdark. You're supposed to struggle and just barely maybe prevail. But that doesn't mean your power needs to be dull or useless. If you're unsure whether or not your power might be too grand, drop me a line and we'll discuss it.

○ The following power themes are denied: time, sound, holy, darkness, anything to do with the dead, poison.

○ Iron-willed, not afraid of anything type characters for your true-self personality. They really won't fit into this story at all.

THIS ROLEPLAY IS CURRENTLY INVITE ONLY.

Character Sheet Template

[B]NAME:[/B] Self explanatory.
[B]AGE:[/B] Between 15 and 17 please.
[B]FEAR(S):[/B] If you can, make it/them tie into your history. This will be one of your weaknesses.
[B]THAT PERSON:[/B] Who is the most important person to your character? No, it can't be themselves.
[b]POWER THEME:[/b] Be as descriptive as you want but refer to the rules above regarding powers.
[b]WEAPON:[/b] Your weapon is very important. It should reflect your power theme.

[COLOR=red][B]FAÇADE[/B][/COLOR]
[For reasons we will uncover throughout the roleplay, you put up a fake personality for the world to see. This personality could be considered perfect depending on your home/school situation. This is who you pretend to be, because you feel you can't be your true self in front of others.
This will essentially be one of your weaknesses and I promise this has purpose.]
[B]PERSONALITY:[/B] Self explanatory
[B]APPEARANCE:[/B] Images are preferred. Don't get too attached to this look. This image will symbolize your Façade. It is your human appearance.

[COLOR=red][B]TRUE SELF[/B][/COLOR]
[This is who you really are. This is who you hide away from society. This side of you is flawed. Some of you will make the transition from façade to true self more quickly than others, but none of you are going to do it right off the bat. Coincidentally, whether or not you accept your true self will directly influence events in the RP.]
[B]PERSONALITY:[/B] Self explanatory.
[B]APPEARANCE:[/B] Again, images are preferred. This appearance will symbolize your soul aka your True Self. It is your Appointed appearance and will take effect the moment you enter Mirror World.

[B]EXTRA[/B]
Did I miss something you wanted to include? Just make sure you don't reveal too much right away.​

Last edited:
Chapter Information

0 - Prelude

Cast List

Dawn
Sagaphant ○ Ila ○ Sachiko

WarriorHeart
Melvin

Shiny
Ayden

Vay
???

Nino
Cersi

Last edited:
NAME: Ila --
FEAR(S): Bringing dishonor to the family name. Being left behind/disowned.
THAT PERSON: Best friend.
POWER THEME: Earth. The power to manipulate dirt, rock, soil, etc.
WEAPON: Giant battle hammer.

FAÇADE
PERSONALITY: Being anything less than a lady will not be tolerated. She excels in home economics and the piano. She's polite and well-behaved. She always does what she's told and never speaks up if she has an opinion on something. A sympathetic heart. A damsel in distress. She has only one true friend she can be honest with.
APPEARANCE:
seo_by_seo_jin-d7bqazs.png

TRUE SELF
PERSONALITY: Plays rough and can be annoyingly stubborn. Loves sports and getting hands dirty. Yet still has a sympathetic heart and is someone reliable when it matters most.
APPEARANCE:
493c918dc7e806a63e4ab90bc86cf5bc.jpg

That's right. That's a boy.

EXTRA: --

NAME: Sachiko --
FEAR(S): That she'll one day end up like her mother.
THAT PERSON: Mother.
POWER THEME: Illusion.
WEAPON: Chakram; capable of splitting and becoming mirrors to enhance her illusions.

FAÇADE
PERSONALITY: Everything is fine. Everything is perfectly fine and dandy and awesome. She acts like her home life is normal, very careful not to let her inner feelings show through. She's always happy and smiling, cracking jokes and being the social butterfly. She is the very definition of a teenage gyaru. Her cellphone must hold the world record for selfies by now.
APPEARANCE:
d206d23ae5408092a6947d9c8b03ed13.jpg

TRUE SELF
PERSONALITY: Scared. She's afraid of her mother's manic depressive behavior. Lonely. Although she surrounds herself with people at school, she can't tell any of them about her home life. They just wouldn't understand. Crying. She's lost so much and too many loved ones that her heart never stops weeping. Coward. Self-preservation is her biggest weakness and it would take something ridiculously drastic for her to go against that nature of hers.
APPEARANCE:
insomniac_by_visaga-d7fqlfu.jpg

NAME: Sagaphant
FEAR(S): The Darkness.

PERSONALITY: Informative. He realizes what's at stake and never tires in his duties as a guardian, but always maintains a slight emotional distance between himself and the Appointed, never allowing one or the other to become attached.
APPEARANCE: --

NAME: Melvin Duncan Lancaster IV
FEAR(S): Failure. Spiders. Drowning. Talking to Girls. Melvin Duncan Lancaster III
THAT PERSON: Patricia Katherine Lancaster
POWER THEME: Air/Wind.
WEAPON:
wind_claw_by_raverunner-d64r6dr.jpg~original

FAÇADE

PERSONALITY: Nerd. Melvin is sixteen and about to graduate high school. He has already been accepted to the University of Michigan's Pre-Med program. He is frail, quiet and easily intimidated by the world. He studies constantly and avoids conversation with everyone except the occasional teacher. It is plain to see that he is more comfortable in a book than in life.
APPEARANCE:
tv-boyfriend-type-quiz-result-nerd-artie-300x213.jpg

TRUE SELF

PERSONALITY: Disturbed. Melvin really has never had any say in his life. When he's alone in his room, he plays video games and reads graphic novels even though his father forbids it. Melvin has found that the darker something is, the more he likes it. He is perverse in many ways but mostly naïve about the opposite sex. He is more interested in violence, gore and death. When he is picked on at school or at home, he fantasized about ripping that person apart in the most painful way possible. Studying the human body has given him infinite knowledge of how to prolong agony.
APPEARANCE:
the_shadow_that_controls_destiny____by_reyos_cheney-d62tw50-1.jpg~original

EXTRA
Melvin is an only child. He was the youngest of three boys until he was eight. A drunk driver hit the minivan carrying his mother and her sons. Melvin and his mom survived. His dad quickly began impregnating Melvin's mind with the idea of becoming a doctor. He used this horrible tragedy to push the concept on his remaining child. Melvin's mother, Patricia, has been unstable since the accident. Melvin uses every ounce of strength he has [which isn't a lot] to help his mother. He stays with her when she has breakdowns. He cooks when she is depressed and sleeps all day. Melvin even cleans the house. His chase of becoming a medical practitioner has one purpose. Melvin wants to find the physical manifestation of depression within the human mind and figure out a way to eradicate it.​

Reactions: Dawn
WIP

NAME: Ayden Florez
FEAR(S): If you can, make it/them tie into your history. This will be one of your weaknesses.
THAT PERSON: Sister.
POWER THEME: Growing and controlling plant life.
WEAPON: Your weapon is very important. It should reflect your power theme.

FAÇADE
[For reasons we will uncover throughout the roleplay, you put up a fake personality for the world to see. This personality could be considered perfect depending on your home/school situation. This is who you pretend to be, because you feel you can't be your true self in front of others.
This will essentially be one of your weaknesses and I promise this has purpose.]
PERSONALITY: Self explanatory
APPEARANCE:
04aaee59-7341-44db-b6e7-9be874016fb0_zps93ba753b.jpg

TRUE SELF
[This is who you really are. This is who you hide away from society. This side of you is flawed. Some of you will make the transition from façade to true self more quickly than others, but none of you are going to do it right off the bat. Coincidentally, whether or not you accept your true self will directly influence events in the RP.]
PERSONALITY: Self explanatory.
APPEARANCE:
3e0a75833352476946d628aa931c2310.jpg

EXTRA
Did I miss something you wanted to include? Just make sure you don't reveal too much right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my understanding is that upon being transported to Mirror World, our characters will assume their true selves. Acceptance of true self and the struggle to deal with their new reality will be crucial to accessing their powers.

Will the Guardian show/teach the kids anything about their powers or will it be more about exploring and experimentation?

@GingerXX Sorry, but this RP is invite only right now. ):

@WarriorHeart The Guardian will be here and there throughout the RP, explaining things when needed. That being said, if you guys happen to do something in your post that helps me explain things via the narrator instead, that's a bonus. But essentially, most of the "rules" will be explained either by GM post or by the Guardian.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
-shoves people's faces into the CS template- Get it done!

/:[

There's no rush right now anyway. x__x I'm still very sick and not in the mood for forum RP. Also, I will throttle anyone who pesters about posting. I know you're excited but it's something I won't tolerate. Pestering makes the RP not fun. ):

Noted.

My apologies, @Vay.

Since I'm being a good boy, can I be throttled anyway? -wiggles eyebrows at Dawn-

Could you please keep shoot me a message if this becomes public? (Don't feel obligated, as I know people can forget)

@Bebepiggles I certainly will, but, I think I have enough players for this run. However! If people like this plot enough, this roleplay may pop up again in the near future. :)

@Bebepiggles I certainly will, but, I think I have enough players for this run. However! If people like this plot enough, this roleplay may pop up again in the near future. :)
Alrighty, I'll certainly keep my eye out for it ^~^

Alrighty my darlings~

@WarriorHeart Your sheet is good to go (but you already knew that).

@Shiny Looking good so far <3

@Vay and @Nino Notachat Can I see what you've got done so far? :3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.