1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy
As the title says: I've encountered a few issues that it'd be nice to get some kind of resolution to.

1. Sometimes when I use a [fieldbox ], [spoiler ] or any other kind of tag, it will duplicate the tag twice, creating 2 empty additional fieldboxes / spoilers / accordions. I can fix this by deleting the lines, saving the edits then writing them in again, but it's kinda a pain to do. It seems to happen most often after copying and pasting such formatting code from elsewhere. Is there a quicker way of fixing this, or preferably, a way of avoiding it completely?

2. When creating a new thread, there's an option to add the link to the related OOC/IC thread. This field cannot be edited after the post's original creation, though, so only the IC thread created after the OOC thread will have the neat button in it. If possible, could the edit thread page be altered to include the editing of this item?

2.5. An option to make the button stand out more would be good. I can see it being a bit of an issue for newer members who don't know where to look for it, as it was for me.

Bb codes are touchy by nature. To avoid duplication, you either type them out yourself or use the Editor button for them. If you copy and past, try using the button that reverts text to it's original format [the T at the top left corner or the eraser in the top right corner depending on the format displayed for you]. Or, try pasting it into the BB Code editer instead of the Enrich Code Editor [the botton the right hand corner in the shape of arrows forming a box]. This will prevent the Enrich code Editor from confusing the codes and messing up.

As for the OOC link, edit thread options [under thread tools if you're on mobile] will allow you to post links between the IC and OOc threads after thread creation [exacpt I think I saw somewhere Diana accidentally removed this option and I'm not sure if she was able to get it back up or not].

What button are you talking about?

• Thank You
Reactions: Karakui
1. Sometimes when I use a [fieldbox ], [spoiler ] or any other kind of tag, it will duplicate the tag twice, creating 2 empty additional fieldboxes / spoilers / accordions. I can fix this by deleting the lines, saving the edits then writing them in again, but it's kinda a pain to do. It seems to happen most often after copying and pasting such formatting code from elsewhere. Is there a quicker way of fixing this, or preferably, a way of avoiding it completely?
This happens most often when tags are out of order! Especially if you are using special font colors. If the font color tags aren't together within or without the boxes, the system thinks something is missing and keeps adding extra tags in there. The editor has a button that says "Use BBCode Editor" and it will switch you to the basic view. There you can make sure there's no tags out of order.

When creating a new thread, there's an option to add the link to the related OOC/IC thread. This field cannot be edited after the post's original creation, though, so only the IC thread created after the OOC thread will have the neat button in it. If possible, could the edit thread page be altered to include the editing of this item?

2.5. An option to make the button stand out more would be good. I can see it being a bit of an issue for newer members who don't know where to look for it, as it was for me.

This will be fixed in the next update. 8D

• Thank You
Reactions: Karakui
I've never had an issue linking OOC/IC threads retro-actively, particularly when I create an OOC for an IC with lots of out-of-character posts. Is that only because I have moderation privileges, then? o.O

I've never had an issue linking OOC/IC threads retro-actively, particularly when I create an OOC for an IC with lots of out-of-character posts. Is that only because I have moderation privileges, then? o.O

Yes! I recently had to turn off some editing functions while bug hunting. So being able to edit that is missing for members and donators

• Thank You
Reactions: SamIO
Status
Not open for further replies.