3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Hi! I'm looking for some new roleplays!

What you should know first:

I am a very distractible person; please do not be afraid to remind me to reply! Nag me, in fact! I will thank you every time, I really do need and appreciate it!

I can be kind of slow with replies, I usually try to post once a week at minimum, faster if you'll take short posts (2-3 small paragraphs). Again, never be afraid to ask me what's up if it's taking a while!

I don't mind romance, but only as a secondary genre please, and I have a definite preference for mxm and fxf pairings. It's not you, it's the predictability and cardboard-cutout-ness of most mxf pairings in mainstream media that have just left me kind of bored with it in writing.

Generally speaking, I prefer to play adult characters.

My tastes vary widely, so if you don't see a genre, plot, or pairing you like here, go ahead and suggest it; I'm all ears! Additionally, all ideas can be tweaked to satisfy both of our preferences. If you get an "Ooh! But what if…" moment, go ahead and suggest your alteration! I seek a partnership, not a dictatorship :3

On to the good stuff!

Genres:

High Fantasy:
Recovery
(Fantasy race x ordinary human)
Character A is a member of a fantasy race that exists in secret. When their friend/crush/co-worker, Character B discovers their secret by mistake, their memory is wiped to protect the secret, but A stays close. But what happens when the memories start to return?

Chaos Reigns
(hero x hero)
When a Chaos god grapples control of the multiverse, they start warping dimensions and reality, and plucking random people from their worlds, creating havoc just for the hell of it! We play two such unfortunate victims of godly insanity, who must survive and stop the madness with whatever help the beings on the side of Order can give.

Modern Fantasy:
Road trip
(Believer x Pragmatist)
A deviant who believes in magic, hitchhiking across the country looking for fairies. The rebellious son/daughter of a pragmatic tycoon, who loves the idea of blowing all of daddy/mummy's money on a crazy person's wild goose chase. Especially if the person is kinda cute…

Cold Case
(Ghost x Human)
An out of work journalist/detective/professional snoop of some description moves into a haunted house. The resident ghost enlists their help to resolve their unfinished business.

Recovery
(Fantasy race x ordinary human)
Character A is a member of a fantasy race that exists in secret. When their friend/crush/co-worker, Character B discovers their secret by mistake, their memory is wiped to protect the secret, but A stays close. But what happens when the memories start to return?

Refuge
(Earthling x Refugee)
Earth has a twin. A second dimension with magic and fantastical creatures; and it's ending. With the last of the world's ambient magic, the greatest mages opened a gate to Earth, and begged sanctuary. The UN agreed, and the refugees were sheltered in consenting nations around the globe, and programs were set up to acclimatize the immigrants

Wanderlust
(Fantasy race x Ordinary Humans)
In a world much like our own, but largely unexplored, a restless islander discovers a shipwreck with one survivor; a person the like of which they've never seen! With no memories in one, and wanderlust in the other, the only thing to do is to set sail and find this strangers homeland!

Sci-Fi:
Recon gone wrong
(agent/soldier x agent/soldier)
Two time-travelling military recon agents crash-land and must use their wits and ingenuity to travel between worlds and times to find a way home

Modern:
Faking it
(student x student)
A saved B from a creeper in the college/university library but it turns out they all take the same class, so they might have to pretend they're dating a bit longer.

Meet-not-so-cute
(Bartender x Guest)
A is the bartender at a huge wedding, at which B, one of the guests, gets smash drunk and alternates between hitting on A and openly weeping. A, becoming genuinely concerned, tags out with their co-worker in order to help B sober up.

First Day
(Boss/Supervisor x New Hire)
When A shows up to their first day at their new job, they discover their new boss is B, the person they drunkenly hooked up with the night before.

Fandom:
Pokemon: GOTTA CATCH. . . Just one actually
(Trainer x Team Rocket Grunt)
Pokemon fandom; A's precious pokemon has been stolen by team rocket! But the nefarious organization left something behind in their raid; a grunt - or rather, a deserter (B).

Harvest Moon: Asterville Nova
(OC x OC)
The Idyllic little berg of Asterville was destroyed in a mysterious fire a long time ago. Caught between an ocean of freshwater fish, rolling hills of fertile soil and a forest of good game, this property was too good for anyone not to try and resurrect, and so the call went out for those who would like to bring back a good thing, but someone or something seems to be working in the background to keep this beautiful vale empty.

Other:
Here are some more role matchups that we can do a nice slice-of-life story with if we simply coordinate our character's motivations and arrange a meet-cute / reason for them to hang out.
  • Vampire / Hunter
  • Homicide detective / contract killer
  • Roommates
  • Barista / regular
  • Bartender / regular
  • Incognito Celebrity / anti-fan
  • Crime Lord / Civillian
  • Mob lord / Mob lord
  • Gangster / rival gangster
  • Gangster / initiate

I like the sc-fi time travel pairing. If you're interested in doing that fxf please PM me.

Regards,

Ysolde

Faking It sounds like just the type of romance-that-isn't-romance I'm craving right now. Still looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.