Minecraft (Image Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windsong

Original poster
Yes, yes. I know. We always see a new thread with something Minecraft themed every other week or so. Asking us what to build.. Join this server.. Etc etc.

Loads of Iwaku members play Minecraft, it's too huge a thing for such a large community to not have. The server @jared555 had running was fun. But there was only so much to do since it was Vanilla and all.

Lately a few friends and myself have been playing with Feed the Beast's Monster Pack. As the site shows it's a huge mega pack of just about 200 mods. From Alchemy to Machinery and beyond.

While one friend dove headlong into machinery, creating massive holes straight to the bedrock, plundering the earth for it's bounty with quarries that work off the power of lava siphoned from the Nether. Another turned into an impromptu adventurer, setting out from the burgeoning township with just a Portable Crafting Table and some food. Searching high and low for dungeons, strongholds, and other things.

Me? I plunged into MAGIC. Thaumcraft to be precise. Starting with just my freshly summoned Thaumonomicon I began researching and crafting magical constructs, wands, crops, etc. It's been a blast and very rewarding despite it's rather extremely fucking high learning curve. So I wanted to share a bit of what me and my friend the machinist/builder have constructed.

Situated in the realm of the Twilight Forest, aptly named for the fact the world is perpetually in dusk, right in the bend of a river bordering one of the dark wood forests, sits a tower of arcane stone bricks and obsidian. Within was all I needed. Space, and plenty of it for my Thaumaturlogical needs.

Nothing has been more relaxing lately but turning on RainyMood, and playing the Elder Scroll's soundtracks, though usually I've been leaning on Skyrim Atmospheres to fit the vibe. Working on research and all the fun that entails.

Has Iwaku done anything fun lately? Mod-packs they like to use?

I haven't played Minecraft in a while, partially because I grow bored with it after a while of constructing, and even when you're playing on a server, more often than not you're not really playing with other people more so than doing your own thing. That and playing multiplayer is dicey because I've had the server reset waaaay too many times for my liking. Nothing like spending dozens of hours on a build just to have everyone vote to start fresh.

I haven't played Minecraft in a while, partially because I grow bored with it after a while of constructing, and even when you're playing on a server, more often than not you're not really playing with other people more so than doing your own thing. That and playing multiplayer is dicey because I've had the server reset waaaay too many times for my liking. Nothing like spending dozens of hours on a build just to have everyone vote to start fresh.
That's what mods are for!
Assuming you don't have to pay for them.

Can understand about being iffy on MP though. That's why I'm only doing it with friends who privately host the server, ironically on their work server. That and they back it up constantly to save us losing 'too much' work.

That's what mods are for!
Assuming you don't have to pay for them.

Can understand about being iffy on MP though. That's why I'm only doing it with friends who privately host the server, ironically on their work server. That and they back it up constantly to save us losing 'too much' work.
Honestly, the few times that you can get a bunch of people on a server and just go on a big crazy adventure is a lot of fun, but it's hard getting that going sometimes. It's just really unfortunate when you sink a lot of time building something just to lose it all.

Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.