Central Mountain Time (USA) Sat/Sun/Mon: Open anytime
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Anything
Out of all the many things I can think of what is more important to you when it comes down to it? Do you prefer material needs? Or do prefer your mindful needs? What if it's both?
I'm really curious. Am I the only one who could easily toss everything out and start over? Or do you have something precious you could never part with...?

This can include people, objects, your sense of moral code, anything! Tell me what you think is a need and what is a want to you. and why it matters so much that you pursue it.

Mind over matter.

I certainly can be a materialistic person and I often enjoy my material possessions whether they be my Switch, laptop, phone, or plain physical mementos. With that said, however, I have tossed everything out to "start over". In March of 2020, I decided to ship only one small box and pack enough to carry through an airport to move states away from where I was living. Why? Because I was living with an abusive and vile woman who would regularly remind me how worthless I am. If that wasn't bad enough, then I had a shitty job with a boss who liked to get handsy and would love to blame his employees for everything. My favorite is when I was "let go" because I let him know that another employee had made a set of keys to the building during work hours. I had another job while there, too, but that was short-lived and didn't offer me nearly as many hours as I needed.

I needed to get away from that toxic atmosphere, though, and so I did. I abandoned a lifelong worth of belongings in the process, including my gaming computer, though I do think there would be a chance to get them back in the future. Even still, I don't regret a thing. Every time that I even get close to regretting it, I just look at the list of reasons that I left. I keep them in a journal in my night stand directly next to where I sleep. That said, there are still some things I can never part with like my phone.

I also have a stuffed beagle I've had since I was three and it followed me here too.