[MiNaGi] Magic is just Folklore ! [Lewi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well... I have my reasons."
He sighed softly and then ran a hand through his hair. He really felt like a lovestruck teenager and it made him feel so annoyed. He didn't want to embarrass himself and kept a calm posture.
"Do you want to stay over for a few days while I finish brewing it? After this you'd have to drink it once a year to keep immortal. Not really the worst thing to have to do."

Kieara smiled and nodded. "That would be nice. Would you like me to go home and gather some of my things?" she asked him. If she'd be staying a few days, she'd hate to trouble him with having to search for her some nessecary items such as clothing, a hairbrush, toothpaste and a brush, and other things to that nature. She wondered if after this she should just go back to work, or if she should take up something else.

"Well if you'd want to, you can. I'll clean up and prepare a room for you."
He stood from the table and he and Alex started carrying the things to his kitchen, and as he almost tripped over the doorstep, he cursed slightly as Alex caught him by the waist, making him blush with slight anger. He hated when Alex managed to always make him look like an idiot. After the plates had been cleaned up he took Alex with him to the guest rooms to prepare one for Kieara.

Kieara smiled and nodded. She moved to the door to put her shoes on. She spoke. "I'll be back shortly." she told him and left. She went home and got all nessecary things and important keepsakes and put them in a bag. She didn't have much. She then headed back to his house and came in again removing her shoes once more at the door. "I'm back..." She called out not seeing anyone.

He let go of Alex with a sigh and followed him to the door where Kieara was.
"Sorry, we were busy with cleaning your room. I use up guest rooms for storage so it was hard finding one, but there was one a few doors to the left from my room."
He looked up at Alex for a few moments with a mysterious expression, his eyes glowing ever so slightly. He had spent almost his entire life with Alex, and they had a relationship that not many ever obtained. They'd experienced everything together.

Kieara smiled a bit. "Thank you for going to all the trouble." she told him. "Thank you too Alex." She smiled at him as well. She'd had yet to hear the man speak. She held her bag and spoke. "Mind showing me where it is so that I can put my things down in there?" She asked him.

Alex nodded and gently took Kieara's bags for her, bringing it to the room they'd prepared together. Julian was following him, seemingly so naturally. They'd been together for long and it was clear when you saw how they moved together. How they without a word decided how to do this and that. As they reached the room, Alex handed the bag to Julian who then put it on the table, and Alex brushed some dust off the man's coat. The movement seemed to be subconscious of him and Julian didn't react to the touch either.

Kieara followed along and giggled a little bit. "You two work like a well oiled machiene." She spoke to them with a smile. She enjoyed seeing what a nice relationship they had. It was nice to have a friend in this world. She couldn't help but wonder if Alex was lonely too, or if he had a wife or something. Or if he even desired one. She thought it was very nice though that Julian hadn't been completely alone. IT made her feel a little better about his situation.

Him and Alex had gained their relationship from various things throughout their long lives. Due to Julian having spent most of his time away from others, he had only had Alex in his life. A few hundred years ago, he had thought that it was what was right for him. He had allowed himself to love and fallen for Alex. They'd spent a lot of time together after that, but soon realized that it wasn't what was supposed to become of them. But the comment from Kieara awakened the memory and Julian blushed slightly, masking it away with a cough.
"Yeah... I-I guess so."
Back then when they'd been together, homosexuality was unheard of, and it stayed as a dark, dark secret that they had spent time together as more than just friends. He knew that neither he nor Alex felt regretful about it, but they had no plans of getting back together, either.

Kieara wasn't on board for homosexuality, and had she known about it, she'd probably have had second thoughts about letting herself begin to fall so willingly in love with Julian. She believed in a religion where it was an abomination, and she would be greatly hurt if something did become of her and Julian and he didn't tell her but she somehow found out. That would be the extreme deal breaker. She didn't tolerate that for a moment, and she'd make that plainly known no matter whose feelings it hurt.

He sighed slightly and closed his eyes. Well, that was all in the past anyways. After that and a few other relationships with people of both genders, he realized that he just didn't have the time for love or anything like that. After that, he and Alex had fallen into this strange harmony, which wasn't really friends, more like friends with secrets. They didn't "get together" in that way any longer, but they still shared something that not many did. The experience, weird as it was, had made their friendship better. They'd learned each other's boundaries and deepest thoughts, and it'd made them a great pair in most activities. They could manage almost anything, from cooking, to cleaning up and fighting, without sharing a single word.

Kieara seemed to begin to think the silence was awkward. She cleared her throat a bit and a blush crept into her thoughts. She moved inside and spoke. "so.....What now?" She asked. She was a bit clueless. She didn't know what he had planned to do after this, but the silence was starting to get to her, it made her feel like she was the odd one out.

"Oh, right. Well, you can just go to sleep if you want. Me and Alex will probably stay up all night to brew the elixir. It's a tough job on your own and I'm thankful to have him here. I'd strongly suggest you don't try to get inside or anything, most of the chemicals we use are poisonous to humans and just looking at them will make you sick for weeks... magicians live a riskful life, to say it mildly."
He smiled slightly as he ran a hand through his hair again, taking off his gloves and cape. He'd need his battle uniform for going down into the dungeons below his house. There was a lot of dangerous creatures, elixirs, potions and ingredients. For an inexperienced person it was a death trap.

Kieara smiled a bit. She moved over to Julian and gently hugged him. "Thank you Julian." she spoke. "For everything." She then released him and gave a soft smile moving to her bag and pulling out some pajamas and other things to prepare for bed. Once they were gone she changed into them, combed her hair, brushed her teeth, and laid down. In no time she was asleep leaving them to their work and leaving them to talk.

They didn't talk on the way down and as they reached the laboratory, all they shared was a glance and they walked to two different shelves to grab different ingredients. They both looked extremely handsome in their battle uniforms, Alex with his dark hair and yellowish golden eyes, and Julian with his pale white hair and purple eyes. No one would deny they'd probably have made a cute couple. None of the men thought about this, though, and it was decided between them that they wouldn't ever do anything like that again. Both was aware of this agreement and as they had the ingredients collected, they stood with the bottles with differently, brightly colored contents on a table in front of them, along with empty flasks and bottles. Both men put on gloves and gas masks that would only cover up to their eyes so they could remain with eye contact. They split half of the bottles and with practiced ease, the men put the flasks over fire as they began mixing different things together after the recipe that they had in front of them in a book.

Kieara slept through the night. She dreamed of all the new things she'd learned about this new place. She couldn't wait to learn more. And she couldn't wait most of all to share it with Julian. She couldn't deny she was taken with the man. However she knew not if he was with her.

Both men seemed completely trusting of each other as they would mix their respective flasks with the colorful contents of the bottles. They didn't even share glances, but each knew what the other was doing. After not long both looked up, and Julian slowly poured the content of his flask into Alex's, while the other man steered it making sure that they wouldn't make any mistakes. After this had been done, they put away the other bottles and sealed the one they had just mixed. It would have to wait there for another 24 hours.

Kieara slept through the night and awoke the next morning early used to having to report in to work. She sighed and lay there staring at the ceiling letting everything play in her mind. It was a lot to take in how her past few days had went.

After that, they'd walked back to the living room. They had just taken off the protective vests and hoods and had fallen asleep on two couches. Again the fact that they were very close shined through in their behavior. The fact that they could do everything without ever conversing with each other.

The more she thought the more she started to worry. And when that happened her past came to mind. Horrible memories of things she'd witnessed. She couldn't help but cry. She did every time she thought of her past.

Status
Not open for further replies.