Million Dollars, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sure. I mean, the only thing that'll be different, is the superfluous amount of small gadgets, offbrand toys, and otherwise conveniences. It's not like it's a drawback, having a million of those things. Heh.

A million dollars, but over the course of your life, you will, no matter what you do, end up in a total of ten trolley dilemmas, as whoever possible person in it, be it one of the five tied to the track, the one on the alternate track, the one turning the lever, or the trolley driver without control.

No thanks

A million dollars, but you must keep a cat that spews memes for the rest of your lives.

Sure, my girlfriend would love it.

Million Dollars but you have to become Donald Trumps hair once a month

Hair alone cannot support life. I'd be dead. No thx

A million dollars, but any digital appliances with a screen you'll ever use, only show all of Trump's speeches on repeat.

Nope. Million dollars but every time you spend more than ten dollars, something horrible happens to you.

HAHAHAH no.

Million dollars but you have to spend it on expensive useless stuff.

Like that app that costs 999 $, but really only works as a picture of a golden mustache? Nah.

A million dollars, but you find yourself completely incapable at participating in group projects.

I already cannot participate in group projects, so yes

A million dollars, but you have to end all of your sentences in a question for the rest of your life

Would that be so bad? Yes? See, is that so bad?

Million dollars, but you must have five children first ( with five different spouses)

No way.

A million dollars but the only word you will be able to say and write is yes.

Ahem. No. I appreciate communication.

A million dollars, but should you happen to use all of the original million, the fellow world economy will take a fatal blow.

lolno

A million dollars but you can NEVER BE CREATIVE AGAIN!

No.

A million dollars, but for each time you spend any part of the money you age by ten years.

I... guess I'll have to use it all on the best house/car I can get my hands on, then simply deal with ten years lost.

Ah, who am I kidding. You learn a lot over ten years. I'm not gonna miss that.

A million dollars, but every website on which you have and get an account on, will completely dissolve in a gigantic blocking war over something stupid like a stolen meme. You will be required to take a side in every conflict.

Umm no...

You get a million dollars however you have to take orders from someone you don't like for the rest of your life. This also includes how you spend the money.

Yes. Assuming the person I don't like is someone I already know, because out of the people I don't like, none of them are true scumbags, psychopaths, monsters, etc. Just bleh.

Here's why. It wouldn't be my money, but there's a chance that it could be spent on something good, and that's a chance I'd take. Worst case is the person goes "full greed" and orders me to spend it on themselves and their friends, but in this case the local economy where I live flourishes.

I'd also gamble on the following:
1) Outside checks and balances, social media and police force, to act as an outside conscience on the one giving orders.
2) They might get tired of ordering me around and simply instruct me to spend the rest of the money on a mansion or something.
3) A chance that the relationship between person giving orders and myself positively changes.

*** main gamble ***
4) Potential loopholes exist. Ex. They can tell me how to spend the money, but not how much to spend at any given time. ie. I can vote with the dollar I technically own / become a hard-ass broker. If I don't like the money order, I'll give them a penny for a spending attempt. Ex. Person wants to buy a boat for self. I'll bid a penny, a deal bound to be rejected. Assumes also that money has to be spent, not donated or gifted, so person ordering me to gift money isn't allowed.

This will force negotiations, on any money-related order or unrelated order for the whole contract. If I'm treated very badly. "This monthly budget is $0.01 out of the million. Go nuts." It would then be in my boss' best interest to be more equitable in their dealings with me. First thing I'd negotiate is an exit clause.

5) Extreme measure in a hell scenario is that I can threaten to kill myself, which would make the contract void and the million out of reach.

You get a million dollars, but all of your darkest secrets immediately become known to all your friends/family.

"Do not hide anything, and you have nothing to hide."

A million dollars, but after Trump, the US just get gradually worse and worse presidents every forth year, never stopping.

No.

You get a million dollars but at the cost of depleting funds from hard-working people.

No.

You get a million dollars but you lose your humor; nothing will be funny to you anymore.

Yeah.

You get a million dollars but you are ten times more stressed. This includes the little things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.