Military Misadventures

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Mark seemed more attentive now that he was situated in between a pissed of werewolf and vampire. He looked cautiously at the others. Abby didn't seem too fazed, picking at her food and tapping her foot on the ground.

Lily paid attention to Lea and replied with, "I'm also knew. This is my partner here, Leo."she responded, gesturing to a young man with a messy head of unruly blonde hair. He offered a smile, smallowing his food. He had a stocky body and wore a tan wife beater t shirt and shorts to match.

Lily looked taken aback when Lea gestured to the wolf as her partner. How shameful for the poor vampire, to work with a dumb dog. What savages they were too. Lily happened to have the uncommon ability of being telepathic and mentally spoke to Lea.You poor soul. You have to work with such a vile creature.

Kohana thought that Leo looked amiable enough and returned the smile until she saw Lily again and the smilw vanished.

((I thought this song kinda reminds me of our unlikely duo lol))

"Yo, Leo," Lea said with a chuckle, easily amused with how close their names were. She looked him over, finding his messy hair a little cute, though she'd never be caught with hair like that. Her mother would have had a fit if she'd seen her like that. A vampire had to be proper, swift and sleek, right? Lea used to hate that when she was smaller. She had wanted to dress as she wanted, jump, laugh and sing when she wanted, do as she will. She had yearned freedom, which she had gotten all too soon and not at all in the way that she had wanted...

She blinked, surprised where her thoughts had manage to take her in just the span of a second. The carefree look returned to her face before she heard Lily talk to her in her mind. Ooh, another voice in my head, the vampire thought to herself. Just what I wanted, yep. She then looked over to Lily, raising an eyebrow from a fraction of a second, a little grin on her face. Awh, it ain't that bad, she said with a slight inward laugh. Yet. Hell I can do what I wanna since she doesn't wanna be around me none. Plus, ain't like she's gonna try to kill me, right? I don't think we wanna get in trouble that bad so fast. Even thought they had pissed off that one fellow when they'd gone exploring earlier.

She played with a bang before she looked to Leo once more. "So, lemme guess," she said with a twinkle in her eyes, "you're a lion shifter right? Don't mind me sayin', your name sounds pretty awesome." She snickered a little. "Must be cuz it's so like mine."

One of the other soldiers there was listening to the discussion with some amusement, though she kept quiet. She was quite small, barely reaching five feet tall, rather tanned, with copper curls that reached her shoulders and inquisitive amber eyes. Her ears and tail made it rather easy to guess what she was, as they were reminiscent of a tiger's. Although she looked like she was barely eighteen, she was actually twenty-five years old. It was unusual for her to stay quiet this long as the older soldiers would know.

(Thought I'd bring my little Aya in lol))​

(Currently playing music for my friend so I'll have to check it out later. I'll give you feedback when I do though :) )

Lea was almost surprised to recieve a response.Hm. Just be careful, they're dangerous and unpredictable. My dad was a werewolf hunter so he knows the beasts well. They nearly tore him apart, but some silver calmed them down real fast.the vampire responded mentally, returning the grin with a brief smirk like smile before she finished off her cup of blood.

Leo laughed at this. "Correct. My parents weren't that creative. At least Tom here doesn't have the name Jack. "He joked. Tom laughed at that. "They contemplated it. Glad they didn't."Tom replied as he leaned back and stretched his arms briefly with a long yawn. Ricky caught the yawn and covered his mouth as he did so before he returned to quietly polishing off his meal.

Kohana peered curiously over at a quiet girl who looked very short and tan and smelled of feline. Judging from the eyes and hair, Kohana guessed tiger. The girl appeared to be amused as she looked on at the others. Kohana finished her food and sat back, stealing curious glances at the feline girl.

((Sorry late reply, was trying some drawing lol))

Lea listened to Lily thoughtfully but she really wasn't scared at all. Eh, it's all good, she said in her usual over confident tone. I've been around weres before... not too many recently but I know 'em well enough. Don't think these ones here're gonna try anythin'. Plus y'know how they are about honour and all that s***. I doubt she's gonna wanna be remembered as the one who crushed her partner's throat.

She barely managed to hear what Leo said, blinking a moment before laughing along with them. "Right, that woulda been a real treat an' a half," she said with a slight snicker. "I got no clue why my parents named me such a small name." She pouted, sticking out her bottom lip and adding in forced tears in her eyes for comedic effect. "They and my brother had four letters in their names and I only have three!"

The little soldier's ear twitched a little and she chuckled before turning, feeling eyes on her. She looked at Kohana before giving her a toothy smile, her cat like fangs showing, though in her face they looked more cute than dangerous. "Heyo!" she called, waving a hand. "I'm Aya. I already know your name, 'course, what with all the talking." Her tail swayed a little behind her as she pushed some of her locked away from her face.​

(That song does work for them. Cute :3 )

Lily cut off the connection, done with their conversation. She figured Lea wasn't taking her warning to heart and Lily would be ready to say I told you so when the werewolf would make a nive. Maybe not throat crushing, but something unsavory. Lily didn't trust werewolves at all, the two species having an interesting and conflict involved history.

Leo chuckled, a nice sound. His fangs were visible in the process. It seemed that everyone had fangs to a degree since many weres and vamps resided in this camp. Other species had other camps so this one was dedicated to the more human looking bipedal mythics.

Kohana watched the cat girl notice her staring and wondered briefly if she had weirded the girl out. She took that as a no when the girl smiled kindly and introduced herself. "Hello, Aya."she responded, leaning back a bit to see the cat girl past the others. "Yeah, we aren't that quiet over here."Kohana added, seeming a bit more casual since this girl wasn't a vampire ir a grumpy fox.

((I usually listen to it at 1.25 speed lol I love Digital Daggers songs but they're kinda... slooooow))

Lea had actually been waiting for a reply from Lily so was slightly miffed when her long winded reply was met with silent. Huh, be like that then, she thought in her mind before paying complete attention to Leo instead. He seemed like a nice enough fellow, just like Tom and Abby. She guessed he had no problems with werewolves and vampires alike, seeing how he'd been friendly enough to both herself and Kohana.

She scratched at her throat a moment before she looked over the friendlier ones curiously. "So, what made you guys wanna join up the big bad army?" she asked. She knew her own reasons, though that wasn't one she would give if she was asked. However, she thought it'd be nice to know. Maybe even used their excuses as her own, why not? No harm, no foul.

Aya meanwhile had decided she wanted to converse with the werewolf. She wasn't one to worry about races or any such thing; she was a rather down to earth person and had been born slave despite her upbeat attitude. She made friends where she could because you never knew where you'd need a friend indeed. "Heehee! Actually it's usually me doin' all the talkin', but today I decided might as well listen up and learn 'bout others instead. It's pretty interestin', dontcha think?" She scratched behind an ear before she looked to the scar. "How'd ya get that?" She had a few of her own but none of her face. Not that she'd have minded, seeing some people thought they were cool.​

(I'll check it out)

"To beat up some nasty humans of course. They have tormented my tribe in the past and I'm not okay with it. We need every fighter, even if I'm not a very good one yet."Abby replied thoughtfully.

"Same. I want justice for our land and all of the mythics."Tom replied in agreement. He finished off all of his food and drink. Ricky spoke up. "They took my mother to the arena...those bastards..."he grumbled. Tom gave his friend a sympathetic look.

"They took my sisters."Mark piped up quietly. It seemed many of the people here were fighting for a good cause, revenge as well.

Kohana was busy listening to Aya, finding the werecat to be an interesting person. She seemed laid back and kind, a personality Kohana liked."I agree."Kohana replied. Then she heard the question and tensed a bit. Deciding the girl meant no harm, Kohana answered, "Sword swipe at the hands of...my master I guess. I did some time in the arena."

((:3))

Lea listened to them all carefully. So it seemed they all had reasons other than simply having nothing else to do. She found herself surprised at herself that she was feeling something akin too empathy for these people. Well, it shouldn't really have been a surprise to her. Now that she thought of it, her reasons here were pretty much the same, expect she had no clue who the hell had killed her entire family. But... why not blame the humans? It certainly seemed as if they could do something like that and worse.

"Looks like I'm here for the same reason," she said after she heard Mark. "They killed my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, for no effing reasons." A rare frown came on her face. "My brother lost his arm. It's up to me to take revenge for the Kytes." There was no lie in what she said; despite her theatrics and mischievousness, there was that part she kept hidden inside, a dark and aching past that that she refused to forget.

"Ugh, damn that bastard," Aya said with a huff, shaking her head before her amber eyes widened, staring at Kohana. "Woah, you were in the arena... and you survived? You must be really good then. I never went there, I'm too shrimpy, y'know? My master'd keep me for other things..." Her voice trailed a moment as she thought of the past. It was only for a moment though, and then she was back. "I ran away though, one day, me and my partner!" She grinned at a rather lanky fellow, with light brown hair, a fair complexion, and dove grey wings on his back. He looked up from where he was sipping his stew, brown eyes zoning in on Kohana. He gave a polite nod before returning to his stew.

"Me and Lahk set the damn place on fire and escaped!" Aya completed, sounding rather cheery about the whole affair.​

Tom seemed taken aback by that answer. "I apoligize greatly for your losses and keep them in mind when I kill some retched humans."he said in a more solemn tone of voice. Mark even seemed to pay attention, as did Ricky.

"What a dark turn to the conversation....."Lily piped up, crossing her legs casually. She rested her chin on a hand with her elbow on the table, eyes looking back and forth between the others. Thr vampire seemed a bit withdrawn, but she didn't want the interactions to go south on their first night. Her other hand was resting on the table, fingernails drumming lightly on the wood.

Kohana listened attentively to Aya. "I wasn't too good. Nearly died a few times. I was never used...how you were though. I was too dangerous, but others tried and failed."Kihana admitted. She had mostly been used for fighting and torture, but she managed to be too aggressive to be used in different ways. The first one to try lost his hand. "Sounds horrible. I'm glad you escaped."she replied sincerely.

The werewolf looked up and sae the partner the girl had gestured towards. He seemed quiet and had impressive looking wings on his back. He seemed like a hybrid or werebird or sonething. Kohana returned the polite nod with one of her own."I'm glad to hear yoy destroyed the foul place."she said, perking up a bit when the justice was mentioned.

Lea blinked a little, realizing what Lily said was true. It wasn't normal for her to feel this way, but she supposed hearing about the others and seeing she wasn't the only one made her speak of it. Maybe it was because they would understand? Huh, she was getting soft.

"Yep, but it's all the more motivation," she said with a small grin, pumping a fist in the air. "They won't know what hit 'e when they meet our squadron!" She grinned a little more before settling back in her seat, looking up at the ceiling. Making friends huh? the voice in her head said to her, as if amused. Lea smirked a little before shrugging it off. Why shouldn't she? It was better than just sulking alone. She wasn't a loner after all.

"Yowch, I'm so glad you got outta that hell hole!" Aya said, shaking her head, her curls bouncing a little as she did. She scratched at her neck where there seemed to be some light marks, as if she had had a collar on for a long time. "I was kinda too small, plus Master had his ways to keep me from shiftin'..." She blinked a little before smiling at Kohana. "Thank you! Me too! And now that we're here we can like stop this kinda stuff happenin' to others!"

Lahk was looking at his partner before he nodded. "Hopefully," he added. His voice was rather soft but had a calming tone to it.​

Tom and Leo seemed to perk up when Lea pumped her fists and Abby smiled again. Mark stood and took their empty trays, beginning to help the few others that were clearing the table while others awaited permission. "Yep. We'll give the bastards something to think about, that's for sure."the werejackal piped up with a half grin. He wasn't one to let the mood decline easily.

Lily seemed indifferent to the situation as of now, just seeming relaxed. She stretched her arms with a yawn that exposed the same long canines Lea had herself except one was missing as if it had been yanked out. Her mouth was closed soon after it had opened, hiding the missing fang that made her smile seem lopsided. She fidgeted absently with the cloak resting on her shoulders.

Kohana observed the mark on the poor girl's neck that suggested restraint. Kohana's shackle marks had disapeared over time, the metal having been unable to cut or permentally bruise her. She knew beter eventually to afoid struggling and hurting herself. Kohana pitoed this girl a lot and was sincerely glad Aya was free now.Kohana nodded and smiled when Aya mentioned preventing these further imprisonments. She also heard Aya's quiet partner voice his slight doubt. "So long as there are plenty of soldier like us, I believe there's a good chance we can make a change. Even if it means preventing the torture of just a few handfuls of other mythics. That's still progress. "Kohana replied.

The werewolf looked to see others were beginning to clean up and remembered that the schedule she had been given mentioned a meeting for rookies after dinner. She would keep talking to Aya as long as Fergus didn't dismiss them, now absorbed in her conversation with the fellow survival.

"Aye," Lea said with a grin as she looked at her new companions. She was starting to feel the thing her brother said she might feel, what was that word? Camaraderie. She had scoffed, of course. She always liked to be a lone worker even if she didn't like being alone. But the feeling she was getting now, knowing there were others seeking their own revenge, knowing that they might eventually help find out what had happened to her own family... Well, Lea could admit that she was feeling a good feeling.

She looked toward Lily when the other vampire yawned and saw her missing fang. Immediately she was curious, but she didn't ask why because of the mood, feeling generous and not wanting to ruin it. The questions crowded her mind though. Was it forcibly taken out? She knew some humans tortured like that. Or maybe she just had a bad cavity? She let her tongue run over her own before looking to Leo, wondering if he knew the story. Maybe she'd ask him later.

Aya nodded, giving a cheery grin and clapping her hands a little at what Kohana said. "Yeah, we're gonna make sure no one has t'go through any of that stuff," she said, looking to Lahk, who looked back at her with a slightly amused look. He then nodded and looked to Kohana curiously.

"How did you manage to escape?" he asked. "Or were you set free?"​

Kohana laughed at what Lahk had asked, a throaty sound. Her laughter died down and she replied, "Let me free? Hell, even the dead are stuck in there. Burned right up within thise dreaded walls. Slaves are never free unless they escape. "Taking a moment to compose herself, she added, "I fought my way out when the time was right. I was lucky as hell considering many who tried failed. Only three others made it out with me, I think over forty tried when the chaos began. Four left. Makes me wonder how I ever did it" Kohana took a long drink of her water, finishing it up.

Fergus stood up once the table was cleared off. "You are all dismissed. Rookies will report to their meeting in the hall nearby and others can do as they please unless they have assassigned extra training."he told them all in a clear voice.

Many of the veterans bid Fergus a respecful farewell and left the mess hall. Abby stood up and stretched her arms. Mark, Lily, Leo, Tom, and Ricky also stood up. Mark made his way silently over to Abby and Abby stuck near Lea so they could go to the meeting together. Tom bid them a happy "see you later." Kohana noticed the others being dismissed and leaving so she stood up as well, still focused on Aya and Lahk.

Lahk listened quietly, his head bowed a little as he took in her words. He hoped he hadn't offended her by his curiosity, but he always liked to hear the stories of how others found their paths to the military. He was about to speak when Fergus stood up and dismissed then. He then looked up to Kohana, brown eyes thoughtful.

"It was meant to happen," he said as he stood up. "You, me, Aya, your partner. We all must be here for some purpose... What that is we will one day find out."

"Eh, wishy washy," Aya said with a chuckle, elbowing her partner before giving Kohana a grin. "Ignore him, he gets all godly once inna while."

"Maybe you should as well, Kitty," Lahk said, slight amusement in his eyes when he saw her show him a naughty finger. "In any case, Kohana, I'm pleased to meet you and hope to speak again later... Aya and I will be going now." As they weren't rookies, there was no reason for them to go to the meeting.

"Ehhh..." Aya didn't seem like she wanted to but sighed and nodded. "Yeah, we'll meet up later, so see ya!" She waved a hand before the two walked off

"So, ready, partner?" That was Lea, who had pretty much silently come to stand next to Kohana.​

Kohana listened to Lahk intently, amber eyes boring into him. Many were irked by Kohana's stare, but the werewolf didn't mean any harm by paying attention. Kohana heard what Lahk said and deemed it as rather thoughtful and intriguing, while Aya seemed to put the idea off. Kohana piped up with, "I believe that everything has a reason. Life works in mysterious ways." Then she offered a small smile to assure she hand't been bothered by the deep conversation. Kohana also was amused when Lahk had called Aya 'kitty.' Kohana hoped that lea wouldn't catch on since Kohana didn't know what she'd do if the vampire began to call her, 'wolfy.'

"Pleased to meet you too. See you around."Kohana replied to Lahk, offering a nod goodbye to both of the veterans. Kohana's mood was slightly improved now that she had made a few more potential friends. Abby and Tom seemed kind and laid back and Aya and Lahk were intriguing characters. Leo seemed a bit dopey, but innocent and Ricky had been too quiet to judge at the moment. And of course Kohana wasn't found of having Lily around since she was another bloodsucker. Oh well, at least there were now a few more nonvampire friends.

Speaking of vampires, Kohana turned and saw Lea at her side. Odd, she had hardly noticed the girl approaching. That was a dangerous sign to be that unnoticeable, but Kohana played it off for now. "Ready."she answered simply before starting to walk towards the exit. Abby practically bounced at Lea's side, glad to have a new friend. Mark silently walked next to Abby with long strides, towering above his friend. Mark had to be at least six feet tall to the top of his head. Other rookies were following suit while some veterans were leaving through other exits or lingering to talk. The group made it outside and headed towards the meeting hall where they had previously signed in. Now they were being ushered through a door closer to the back of the large wooden building.

Inside it was well lit and the murmur of voices filled the air. Kohana observed the place. There were wooden seats positioned in rows on an upwards slope and an aisle ran through. People were taking their seats, talking amongst one another. The room was quite spacious and was definitely made for meetings as the building name suggested. A wide stage was positioned in front of all of the seats and on the platform were tables. At the tables sat middle aged looking people with some paper work and nice clothing, suggesting they were running the show here. There were about six of them arranged neatly before the slowly filling seats. Kohana made her way to an empty row and sat down in one of the seats. Abby and Mark sat down next, allowing Lea to have the seat on the other side of Kohana. Kohana noted bitterly that she'd have to sit right next to the talkative vampire who would probably be making comments the whole time.

Soon less and less people were filing in and the doors were closed. Kohana noticed that there were probably about 70 new soldiers ready for training. it seemed like a lot, but Kohana knew that not all of them would make it. Confident in her skills, Kohana didn't think she'd be kicked out of the training program. She sure hoped she wouldn't. The crowd began to hush as one of the instructors stood up. It was a middle aged, sleek looking female vampire who wore a nice blazer and slacks to match. She began to speak loudly and clearly. "Welcome new soldiers. Are you ready to undergo one of the most advanced military programs in the nation? Are you ready to learn to fight? To not be the miserable saps you probably are as of now?"she asked the crowd. Kohana didn't think she was a miserable sap but she knew that this woman was trying to scare away anyone not meant to be in the program.

When no one answered she picked up her voice and said, "Excuse me, but I expect an answer." A few soldiers exchanged short words with widened eyes, knowing already that this woman was strict. Soon they all mumbled, "Yes." The woman rested her hands on her lower back as her intense green eyes scanned the crowd. "A lousy response. By the end of your training you will all be like a well oiled machine."she commented.

(Feel free to control some of the instructors and frightened soldiers.)

"See, there are others who feel the same..." Lahk's voice could be heard talking to Aya as they walked off, though soon in was inaudible.

"Awesome," Lea responded to Kohana with a toothy grin as she looked to Abby. Well, it pleased her that someone appreciated how awesome she was. She walked along with the rest, her body moving in stride as if she was bobbing to music only she could hear. Her mother would often scold her for such a thing, but heck, who was going to bug her about it here? She entered through the door, looking around. Hm... She wanted to sit way in the back but decided to simply follow after Kohana, not wanting to make a fuss if the wolf decided she didn't like the place. She looked to the well dressed people at the tables, scratching at her throat for a moment. "Hmm..." she murmured aloud before she saw she'd be sitting right next to Kohana. Bet she ain't happy about that, she thought to herself, half amused and half annoyed. She sat down rather comfortably, stretching out her legs so that her boots touched the back of the seat before her. "Ain't so bad here, eh?"

She would have added more if the woman at the table hadn't stood up and started talking, well, welcoming them. "Well yeah..." She muttered under her breath to the question. Why else would anyone have come here, free food? Hm, maybe, she supposed. There was free blood after all... that was a something of a motivation for her to stay there, even if she wouldn't admit it aloud. She could still remember the days when there would be no choice but go after a prey that wouldn't want to share their blood. Her brother would get so pissed off at her, but it was's her fault... she'd just been so hungry. Her hand unconsciously move to her stomach as she looked down. Never again. She didn't want to feel like a starving animal ever again.

"Yes!" she called out loud when the woman said she wanted an answer. "And I ain't no miserable sap either." Huh, what did she get off, insulting her like that.

Shut up, she's not talking to you, her brother's imaginary voice told her, but Lea shrugged it off. It wasn't as if the lady even heard.

One of the instructors, a female in her mid thirties nodded in response to what her fellow instructor was saying. her hair was auburn and she had pointy ears reminiscent of an elf, though the red and white tail that was behind her showed she was something of a fox shifter. Her sparkling green eyes looked over the others, taking in their responses. "If you all expect every day to be as lax as today has been, you're sorely mistaken and don't belong here," she said, a slight chirp in her voice.​

Last edited:
Abby seemed excited. She had an arm looped through one of Mark's muscle bound ones. Her face was pressed near his chest and she wore an excited grin as she watched the teacher's talk. Mark smiled slightly at his partner and reached a free hand up to tossle her hair momentarily. When the teacher on stage asked them the question again, Abby was also enthusisatic in her affirmative answer like Lea had been.

Kohana wondered why they had to be so enthusiastic. Well, Kohana was excited too, she just wasn't showing it much. The werewolf looked over to see Abby and Mark hanging on each other and then looked to Lea, who had her feet on the seat in front. Kohana almost sighed. Her partner would never be one she wanted to hang on, ever. There would be little affection, only forced teamwork. Well, she thought that at least.

Too bad Lea is a damned bloodsuck because she certainly isn't hard on the eyes....Kohana thought before shaking the idea away bitterly as she scorned hherself for letting her thoughts wander. She refocused on the stage in fronr and heard as another instructor added happily that anyone who wanted things to be easy didn't belong. Well Kohana was certainly ready for hard work so she believed she belonged here.

The vampire who was still standing sat down again, offering the crowd a harsh look. She had heard the elf lady speak, a fellow teacher, and nodded in her direction. "Why don't you tell them an excersize we have here. I'm sure the other teachers can take turns offering some examples."she said with a smirk, wanting to irk any of the soldiers that didn't belong.

((Abby is such a cutie xD and lol Kohana :P))

Although Lea had been quite disgruntled at being called a miserable sap, she had to admit that she was impressed that the two instructors that had gotten up to speak were females. It was empowering and made her want to yell out a "Hell yeah!" but she restrained herself quite a bit, a small grin on her face as she leaned a little forward, her bangs swaying a little on either side of her face.

She looked back to the vampire instructor, once more noticing their races were the same. She wondered how the other werewolves got along with them? Perhaps they'd come to the conclusion that the enemy of their enemy was their friend? Well, it worked for Lea, although, she never really felt any enmity toward anyone, except for the unknown bastards that had murdered her family. For those people, she had reserved her own style of vengeance. She would rip their throats open and watch as the blood dripped from their throats to the ground, staining it red. Their blood would be too vile for her to partake....

She came back to the present when she heard the vampire instructor speak once more. Hmm... She raised an eyebrow. An exercise? Well she supposed that's why they were here, right? To root out the wimps and wussies and keep the worthy ones.

The elf fox shifter gave the vampire a rather cheerful smile before nodding. "Of course," she said, once more the chirp in her voice as she looked over the soldiers before her. "One of my favourite exercise has to be archery-"

"Hell yeah!" This time Lea couldn't contain herself.

The mix breed looked to Lea in amusement. "-... shooting at a moving target while hanging from the feet. Yes, it is quite a feat."​

(Abby will be my comic relief here with all of her happiness and cuddliness. :) )

Kohana had also been glad to see that the two bold instructors here were both femals. It was always a pleasant sight to see that gender roles didn't come into play as much for leadership here. There was still some gender discrimination for the mythics, but human culture was far worse when it came to equality. For example, female shifters had equal rights to lead a pack and were treated as well as a male warrior would be.

There was a werewolf instructor present at the left side of the vampire. He was a stocky man with a head of fiery red hair and a scruffy beard. He had intense amber eyes, but when he looked to the vampire he seemed more proud of the vampire than angry. In fact...maybe that was love in his eyes? This made Kohana a bit taken aback. How could a werewolf fall in love with a vampire? She couldn't imagine...(irony alert)

Kohana flinched and gave Lea a sharp look when the vampire had called out. It wasn't polite in Kohana's opinion and she didn't want to look bad because of her partner. A few people had snickered and looked to the two. Kohana offered them glares in return. Abby just giggled, finding the passionate outburst to be amusing.

The vampire instructor offered a skeptikal look. Her face didn't betray whether or not she'd act upon the action. She just looked away disdainfully. The werewolf offered in a gruff tone, "Personally, I like the weekly brawls. Each week you have to participate in unarmed fights against either a member of an opposing squadron or sometimes, your own partner. It sparks a nice rivalry for motovation, but in the end you must all remember that we are working for the same cause."

Kohana perked up. A brawl? Possibly against a partner! She could fulfill her fantasy of taking the nosy vampire down. That'd teach her for sure.

(I hate having Kohana hate on Lea, but I can't break out of character since she doesn't trust or like Lea this early on...)

((She's such a sweetie ;3 I enjoy her. And it's okay xD it's her character... Hm... I kinda do want Lea's pride to be broken a little... the brawl idea sounds good :P))

Lea stuck her lip out in a slight pout when she saw Kohana give her the look. "What?" she mouthed before she gave a kudos to Abby, finding her appreciation good enough, even if her partner had a stick up her a**. She was only showing how enthusiastic she was, should it make them appeal more to the others? Or stand out as someone who wants too much attention, he brother's imaginary voice told her.

"I bet I can shoot upside down, easy peasy," she muttered under her breath, her eyes once more on the instructors. She was pretty confident in her skills, and it wasn't just her pride either, not in the case of long range shooting. Close combat like the one the werewolf with red hair was suggestion was not something Lea enjoyed too much. Sure, she had her scraps, and nasty ones too. It just wasn't the kind of thing she liked though. One of the reasons she kept her hair a little short, aside from the fact that she thought her current style was cute, was because she didn't want anyone to grab her by it.

She noticed very easily how Kohana seemed to like the idea of the brawl. Course you would, she thought to herself. Weren't wolves all about being rough and tumble? Lea didn't mind rough and tumble... but only in bed. And she hardly thought a brawl would mean that sort of thing.