Military Misadventures

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Kohana made her way to her bunk and leaned up against the post, paying little heed to the vampire. Kohana was in a great mood now and didn't want that to change with a simple interaction. Too bad Fergus just entered and in result her good mood probably wouldn't last very long.

The werecat asked for quiet when it seemed that everyone was here. "Alright. Good job on showing up, newbies. Now we can leave ."he spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Partner up in a line. Quickly now."Fergus ordered. The veterans quietly and briskly arranged themselves parallel with their assigned partner and the other partners filled in neatly behind. Kohana stifled a sigh as the line formed. She stepped forth to join the line. Since Kohana had been assigned to the bunk in the back corner, Lea and her were last in line.

Lea looked over to Kohana when she came to lean against the post. She seemed rather happy. She supposed the forest trip had been nice for the werewolf. Huh, she thought to herself, a little pissed that she'd been ditched like that. It wasn't like she'd been completely annoying. Why, she'd only just been friendly! She supposed to a werewolf that didn't make a hell of a difference though. Bunch of stuck ups. Of course, the same could be said for vampires. Lea knew that quite well and in fact was prone to calling her own race rather stuck up as well.

She looked to the door when the werecat came in. She had been hoping Fergus would take a little longer to come, but she guessed that wasn't going to happen now. She looked around at the others before she joined into the line as well, standing next to Kohana. She looked over at her for a second but didn't say anything as she wasn't really in the mood after her nightmare. Besides, she wasn't sure if talking would get her in trouble, and if it did, she'd just be in a crappier mood than she already was.

The group began to walk forwards, exiting the cabin. Kohana exited last, closing the door behind her. Others were leaving their cabins as well, but only a few were in groups and none were as organized as this squadron. For the first time and certainly not the last, Kohana was proud of her squadron. Sure the leader was a bit of an ass, but the group looking good. Kohana held her head a bit higher, casting glances at a few passing soldiers who curiously looked at the neat column of people. Soon they reached the mess hall and entered. The newer soldiers in the squadron tried to break off, but veterans quietly stopped them to save them from the wrath of Fergus. they were to stick together until hey reached they got their food and reached their table. the pair merged into a neat line as they grabbed trays and filed down the area where people were serving food.

Kohana was given a bowl of rabbit stew with carrots, potatoes, and onions. It smelled rather tasty. She was also given a ration of buttered bread, and chose an apple for some fruit, picking it over vegetable for now. Also, the cooks gave an option of a small cup of blood to add to the stew of just drink. Kohan accepted and poured some into her stew. Maybe she'd give the rest to the blood sucker to satisfy her. She declined more food for now, willing to get seconds if needed. Finally, Kohana was given a glass of water. After the squadron members had been given their trays, they all walked towards one of the many tables in the large building. Wooden tables with benches on either side were situated all down the area. The ceiling was high and there were many torches to illuminate the whole room. There was some noise as soldiers entered or were sitting, already talking and eating with one another. The area had a peaceful setting.

Fergus stopped at as table marked with a '13.' The soldiers took their seat on the benches across from their partners, trays set in front of them. Kohana was at the end of the table sitting across from Lea. Next to her sat a tall, broad shouldered man who smelled like a horse shifter of sorts. He had long brown hair and a prominent chin that exaggerated his narrow face. next to Lea sat a petite girl with sharp features. She had feathers in her red hair.

Lea followed along, mostly keeping to her own thoughts, though she made sure to keep an eye out so that she knew the way back and forth to the mess hall and back. She would have chosen to sit by herself as well if she could have. It was a little strange, her wanting to keep away from where she could cause a little mischief, but bad memories tended to do that to a person. She took her bowl of stew, giving the cook a half smile when she was offered the small cup of blood. She took it but wasn't going to add it to her stew, deciding to just drink it like that. Wish it was a whole jug, she thought ruefully as she sat down.

She picked at her stew for a few moment before she grabbed the cup of blood and drank it down first. She licked her lips when she was done, feeling more at ease once she felt it settle down in her stomach. She let out a satisfied sigh before she started on her stew and bread, dunking the latter in the former and eating them together. It was only when she was halfway through that she looked up to see who else was there. She noticed the girl with the feathers. Huh... Was she some kind of birdie shifter or did she just feathers? She had to admit the girl had pretty hair. As for the guy... Lea looked him over as well, vaguely wondering how his blood would taste. Bad me, bad, she told herself with an inward smirk.

"I'm Lea," she said, finally breaking her own silence and giving the two a small smile. "Nice to meet you both." Well, she didn't quite know if it was nice yet but there was some sort of protocol to follow, right?​

Kohana watched as Lea drank all of her blood in one sitting. It almost made her want to gag, but she was more used to gore than she should be thanks to her experiences. She still didn't know how one could drink straight up blood with no meat or anything to help with the thickness and potency. Kohana decided to keep to herself for now and just observe as she ate spoonfuls of stew, glad for the good meat. Bloody and fresh would be better than cooked, but it was still pretty tasty.

The young woman answered the greeting, "Nice to meet you. My name is Abby." Her eyes were almost a golden color and her pupils tended to shift a lot. Kohana observed this and discreetly sniffed. Yep, part hawk this one was, with the eyes to match. It explained the feathers well enough, though all sorts of shifters donned feathers.

"My name is Mark."the man replied, a bit less bubbly seeming, but not rude. He had exaggerated facial features and long, silky looking hair. Kohana guessed what he was, and her quick sniff confirmed him to be an equestrian shifter. Hm, it seemed these people matched their animals well. Abby had her sharp features and hawk gaze, Mark had a long horse like face. Kohana wondered if she looked wolf like at all. Her eyes were indeed amber, but she didn't know any other distinct similarities.

Kohana decided to be polite and introduce herself. "And I'm Kohana."she added in a polite way, making eye contact with the others. She already knew they were wondering about her scar since everyone did. She couldn't blame them since it wasn't really subtle, but it still irked her to think everyone could spot her main flaw so quickly.

"Nice to meet you too."Abby replied amiably, smiling. Mark looked down at his cup of blood and swished it around. "Ugh..."he commened, gazing at the scarlet liquid. Abby piped up with, "If you don't like it, give it to someone else."
Mark took it off his tray and set it on the table, leaving it free for anyone to grab. "Why do they even include that?"he asked Abby, seeming irked.

Abby was quick to say, "Mark, don't be so insensitive. Just because you are vegan doesn't mean everyone else is." Mark snorted and ate a spoonful or what smelled like soup, and had no meat in it. He also had a salad and two apples. Kohana figured it made sense since he was a horse. Such odd creatures. Fast, pretty, but not predators. Why was he here fighting? Kohana decided to ask if she ever grew more comfortable with these two.

"So, are you two new as well?"Kohana asked.

Abby answered with a nod as she swallowed her food. Then she said, "Yep. Fresh meat here. But we aren't new to each other. We've been traveling together for a while."

"Abby, that's a nice name, kinda cute," Lea said with a grin. She looked at her eyes. noticing the golden colour and finding it interesting. Hm, she thought she might be able to make friends with Abby; she already sounded much friendlier than most of the people she met here. As for Mark, well he seemed friendly enough... until he made that comment about the blood. Lea scratched at her neck, head tilted a little as she watched him. Did he not just realize there was a blood drinker in front of him? Or maybe he did but he didn't care.

Hm... "'Ello Mark," she said, her voice as friendly as before as she watched the cup of blood. "I'll be takin' that then." She reached over and took a nice and long sip of the blood, in fact, downing the entire thing before she put the cup down and grinned. "Ehehe... they probably include it for bloodsuckers like me so we don't go prowlin' 'round at night lookin' for someone to be oh so nice and helpful." Her voice remained the same during her whole disparaging comment about her own race.

She went back to her her stew, listening to the others. It was nice enough, just observing for a while, getting to know different temperaments... or well... attempting to in any case. She was still trying to figure her partner out, though she was sure Kohana probably thought she knew all about her vampire partner. Lea paused in her eating when she heard that Abby and Mark knew each other from before. "And you're partners here I guess? That's pretty convenient."​

Abby snickered in response to the compliment, finding it to be amusing. "Thanks, Lea. By the way, I love your hairstyle. I wish I could pull off something like that."she replied kindly, taking a sip of her water afterwards.

Mark watched as Lea took the blood and drank it quickly. He didn't betray much of his reaction, just watching. His stomach turned a bit at the sight and he now knew what Lea was. Mark wasn't too off put by vampires, but would be careful to avoid her if he ever saw even a trace of red flecks in those eyes of hers. He looked away, focusing more on his soup. Kohana noticed Mark's well defined muscles as he moved. Kohana guessed he was a sturdier kind of horse and wondered which one it would be. She didn't know too much about horses, but there were a few draft horses in her pack that pulled any supplies needed and she admired the strong animals.

"It is, isn't it? I wouldn't know what I'd do if my partner was a stranger. Well, I'd try to get to know them I guess."Abby replied. She looked to Kohana, who was observing intently and silentlyas she often tended to do. Abby added, "And I assume you two don't know each other too well."

Kohana swallowed a bite of venison with a nod. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand before replying with, "Yes, I am not familiar with my new partner here."

Abby suddenly said, "Wolf." Kohana titled her head slightly in a questioning way. "Oh, sorry. I just found out what kind of shifter you were. You seem like a wolf."Abby explained, a bit flustered now.

"I am one, so that explains why you'd think that."Kohana daid, wondering what gave her species away.

Lea grinned a little, putting a hand up to her hair and flicking a blue tipped bang. "Why thank you," she said with a chuckle. She quite liked her hair, it was the one thing she actually too time to take care of everyday. "I think you might be the first one to see how awesome it is. Must be your good eyesight." She snickered slightly at the double meaning to the statement, as she pretty much figured she was a bird shifter by now.

She could tell that Mark was watching as she drank the blood. She couldn't tell by his facial expression what he might be thinking, though she was quite positive he found it rather disgusting. Of course, she didn't really care. If she'd been feeling more mischievous at the moment she might have let a little trail of blood trickle from the side of her mouth down to her chin. However, she decided it would be best not to gross people out so early. It'd be nice to have at least one or two acquaintances who didn't think too badly of her.

"Not familiar at all," Lea added, looking over at Kohana. Did the werewolf even want to become more familiar? Lea wasn't sure. She herself wouldn't mind getting to know her partner better, but that might entail actually being nice for the sake of being nice and not just to annoy. Because that's so damn hard, right? she heard her brother's voice mock her. She scowled inwardly, feeling stubborn. Well, she didn't want to do anything for the sake of being nice and friendly unless the other party meant the same! It would take more than a day and her brother's irritating voice to change that!​

"An interesting predicament to be in."Abby commented after a bite of her stew. She delicately wiped her mouth with a napkin before setting it in her lap. It seemed that she had good manners, even if she wasn't a very formal looking person. Abby had a rather slender body and wore a simple maroon shirt with a rough looking vest and some well worn long brown pants. Her belt had feathers attached in a few places as if her species wasn't obvious. A chestnut colored recurve bow sat upon her back and she had a quiver of arrows attached to her belt so she didn't have to waste time reaching for arrows on her back.

Mark wore a thick black vest tied in the front at the top of his chest and wore nothing under that, exposing some of his well tanned skin. He also wore durable looking, baggy pants and heavy looking boots. Mark's hair hung loose and had a small, tightly wound braid in the front of his face. A lot of his silky, brown hair was in his face or flowing over his shoulders. On his back was an battle axe of sorts that could use a good sharpening in Kohana's opinion. He looked strong so she assumed he'd make a good ally. And the bird girl was tiny, but Kohana was willing to bet she was fast and accurate with that bow of hers. They may be worth winning over since they were in the same squadron and close by their bunk and of course sat next to Lea and her.

"But you guys are sure to be friends soon, don't you worry. We have been talking to some veterans and they said that Fergus makes sure partners are really close. Just make sure to get along, cause I heard what he does to those that don't."Abby said between careful bites.

Lea chuckled a little at that before she took some more of her roll and dunked it in the leftover dregs of her stew. She licked her lips before stuffing it in her mouth, chewing cheerfully as she looked over her three companions once more. Well, at least they were civil and not downright gits. And then of course there was the perk of the yummy food. She was certain there was a whole lot of places that served much more exotic foods, but she and her brother would mostly stay in cheap places, where stew consisted mostly of coloured water with a bone here and a piece of vegetable there. This was the equivalent to a wholesome home cooked meal to her.

"Oh, I'm sure we will," she said to Abby with a grin once she was done, looking to Kohana and raising an eyebrow almost in challenge. Would the werewolf be willing to do the same? Who knew, but at least Lea did know that even if they didn't become friends, the wolf's honour would probably make sure they didn't get in trouble with Fergus. "Looks like you two're already really close. Maybe we'll take tips from you both." She chuckled once more as she reached for her apple. She looked at it for a moment, making sure there were no bruises before she took a big bite from it, enjoying the crunch under her sharp teeth. She swallowed her mouthful before looking to Abby and Mark once more.

"So do you both know anyone else around here?" she asked curiously. "Or all strangers?"​

Koahana looked up at Lea when the vampire had spoken. She noted the eyebrow raise and wondered what that was for. Kohana clutched her spoon a bit tighter as she finished up the last of her stew. She guessed she had to learn to tolerate the vampire more, since she hadn't really been very fair. Forget that thought, how could she grow close to a vampire? They had almost killed her on many occasions, not to mention she had one almost consume all of her blood. That had been terrifying. As punishment for defiance, her master had chained her well and fed one of the vampires. She remembered his cold skin, that pale skin, dark hair, blood red eyes and slit like pupils. And that grin, just to show her all of his bright white teeth, more specifically those two inch long canines.

Kohana remembered his hands on her skin, grabbing her by the shoulders and digging his long, yellowed nails into her flesh. His breath had smelled of decay and his tongue was covered in bloody sores probably from his own teeth. He had taken his own sweet time, making sure to spend time trailing his fangs down her skin. Then there was the bite at the base of her neck, sharp and fast as they burrowed into her skin. Then there was the sucking and dull ache as her blood was slowly depleted. It had been awful. Her eyelids had became heavy, head rolling over until he used a hand to steady her. She remembered the dark cell, the cold sweat running down her back as she sat petrified. He had left her, neck still bleeding with her eyes glazed over. She had eventually blacked out.

Kohana shook the memory from her mind and focused more on the apple she had grabbed. She took a bite and chewed, leaving distinct holes where her teeth had met the fruit. She licked some of the juice from her lips before taking another careful bite. She still listened to the conversation, sticking to observing for now.

Abby had finished her stew as well and picked at her roll. Hearing the question, she answered it, "Nope. We only know each other and the rest are total strangers. I hope to make some friends in our squadron, and Mark may not show it but I know he wants to as well." Then she smiled and added, "I'm assuming you two don't know too many others either. Care to stick around with us? We don't bite, though you two might. You two have pretty impressive fangs, Lea especially. Sorry Kohana, but when it comes to fangs, vampires take the cake."she said, trying to make a joke.

Kohana offered a brief half smile for Abby's efforts and to not come off as too distant, since she wasn't, she was just in an interesting mood. "No offense taken."she replied.

Lea had been watching Kohana for a moment before she listened to what Abby said, though for a small moment she was distracted as she thought the werewolf seemed temporarily unfocused on their little conversation. And the the way she bite into the fruit... or maybe Lea was simply over analyzing things.

She looked back to Abby and nodded. "Yeah I know like no one here, well 'cept you three now, obviously. I dunno how closely I wanna get acquainted with anyone else, to be honest." It was more like who'd want to be tolerant enough of a fun loving and mischievous vampire, but why not let others think she liked a close knit group of few friends?

She couldn't help but laugh at Abby's comment about biting, baring her own fangs as she laughed, though not on purpose; they just naturally showed when she opened her mouth. "Yeah, you can say I'm pretty damn good at biting, but don't worry, I ain't gonna bite my friends, 'less they want me too." She grinned at that, and more so at the comment about vampire fangs. She knew well her fangs were better than a werewolf. However, she was smart enough not to underestimate them. "Pretty sure you could easily rip a throat open," she said to Kohana.

Kohana perked up upon being spoken to, listening carefully. She swallowed her bite of apple and replied with, "Of course. These aren't just for show." In addition to her answer, she opened her mouth but kept her teeth pressed together to show her teeth off. Her fangs were shorter then Lea's of course, but they were a bit thicker and wider. This was because her teeth were make for crushing and tearing, not for stabbing or other more precise biting methods. She didn't have to make a small cut to suck blood. Her teeth were made to be able to crush the throats of deer or gnaw on their antlers. She soon closed her mouth again.

Abby seemed impressed by both of them. She chuckled. Then she said, "rawr," as she opened her own mouth. She had normal human looking teeth with no canines. Then she closed her mouth and added, "And in my birdy form I don't even have teeth. No fancy fangs here, just a pointy beak and some talons." The werehawk took a sip of water before looking over to her friend, who had finished his soup and was picking at a salad. "Mark here has a strong bite. Not a tearing one though. Show 'em, Mark."she said.

Mark looked up from his food, swallowing. He silently complied and opened his mouth. His teeth weren't sharp, but they were big and thick for grinding since he was a horse. A bite from him would be painful. Mark closed his mouth. Someone sitting next to Mark looked over at the group of four on the end. "What the hell are you guys doing? Having a tooth off?"the young man asked, seeming amused. His partner looked over as well. Both were lean muscled and had slicked back hair, one red and the other black. Kohana smelled the air and guessed that one was a jackal and the other a fox.

((Sorry for the previous small post, I was mobile))

Lea looked at Kohana's fangs. Yeah, they definitely weren't as awesome as hers, but she could respect them, they definitely looked as if they could crush her throat if she pissed the werewolf off a little too much. She rubbed her throat slightly, remembering when she had in fact been attacked and almost had her throat crushed, but it hadn't been a werewolf, it had been a werecat who could shift into a panther like creature. She hadn't bothered to ask what feline he was when he was trying to kill her. Thankfully her brother had arrived in time and killed the werecat before they both skedaddled.

She looked to Abby and giggled a little at her 'rawr'. This girl was amusing. "Talons and a ripping huh?" Lea wouldn't dismiss those for being useless though, knowing that beak could easily gouged someone's eyes eyes out. "Impressive," she added teasingly though there was no malice in her words. She then looked to Mark. Urgh, she definitely didn't want those teeth anywhere near her, well, if he was in an attacking mood. Of course, she wasn't planning on having anyone of these three about to attack her any time soon.

Lea lifted an eyebrow before she grinned and leaned inward so that she could get a better look at the two guys. "Uh huh, what's the matter, jelly?" She chuckled a little before she nodded toward them. "C'mon, show us what you got then." She had a perpetual smirk on her face as she didn't think they'd be too impressive.

Why do you have to look down on others so much? her brother's imaginary voice demanded of her.

Because it's hella fun, she replied with an inward snicker.​

The werefox and werejackal exchanged questioning glances, wondering what to do in this situation. Mark was eating and not paying attention to what he deemed as folly. Abby was watching with a pleasant smile, eyes gleaming. She wasn't one to pick at others, but she wouldn't mind a bit of poking fun. Kohana watched quietly just for observation purposes. She'd know a bit more about these two based on whether they complied or not and what fangs they may actually have. Kohana didn't care much for this silly game either, but it served as a way to collect some information so she'd watch.

The werejackel opened his mouth to reveal narrow teeth that ended in short pointed. They looked weak, but painful all the same. He closed his teeth and offered a smile. "There, happy? We all have fangs, yipee."he replied to Lea. He seemed more confused and amused than bitter or offended. He returned to nibbling on some bread, watching the werefox with keen green eyes to see what the other young man would do. The werefox didn't do anything for a while. Then he released an exaggerated sigh and lifted his lips long enough to expose his own fangs, which were practically identical to the jackal's, save for a missing tooth. The werefox returned to eating and the jackal mouthed, "Don't worry. He's just grumpy." Then he started up a conversation with the werefox again. The two seemed to know each other well and were veterans.

Kohana didn't gain much information except for that the fox man was grumpy and the jackal man was a bit more casual and mischievous seeming. She noted not to bother the werefox.

"Yippee," Lea agreed, snickering slightly. She hadn't actually though that the two two weres would actually agree; she was pleasantly amused that they did. So he thought it was silly, he still did it and that's what got her tickled pink. She raised an eyebrow at the werefox until he showed his fangs. "Bravo!" She clapped a little before chuckling at the werejackal's comment. A grumpy fox? She'd heard of sly ones. Hm... Did that mean that maybe he was feigning being bored and grumpy and really sizing them up instead? Well, they were on the same squadron so she figured she wouldn't have to worry too much about them.

"Grumpy eh? Pleased t'meetcha, I'm Lea," she added with yet another snicker, though it was a smaller one. There were so many weres and shifters here, she noticed. It was hard to find someone who didn't completely change into something else. Well, there was her of course. She'd often wished as a child that she was a shifter. Not a bat, or even being able to have bat wings. That was so cliched. She fancied herself something of a cat, even pouncing on her parents when they weren't aware, which wasn't too often, or stalking her prey, also known as her brother, like a cat. It had been fun, meowing at him while he'd yell at her.

"So, what're you two boys called?" she asked in a friendly manner. They seemed decent enough, why not make acquaintances if not friends?​

The werecreatures turned to look at her again whenever they were spoken too again. The werefox quietly sipped from his water cup, green eyes shifting back and forth from each of the four at the end at the table. Kohana returned the stare with her intense amber eyes, refusing to look away first. The werefox returned for a while, eyes narrowing in focus. Kohana sat up a bit straighter as if bristling and the werejackal snapped at the air in front of his friend's face. "Admiring the wolf down there? Pretty sweet scar she's got."the werejackal added carefully making his friend look away with a grunt.

Kohana had a silent triumphant thought and the corner of her mouth lifted. "Maybe it looks sweet, it didn't feel too good though. I'm Kohana, nice to meet you."she replied. Kohana was more friendly towards canines it seemed, but basically she'd eventually open up to anyone who wasn't a vampire. The werejackal laughed quietly at that. "I'm sure it hurt like a b*tch. Anyways, pleasure to meet you, Kohana and Lea."he replied, looking to the both of them. "And just who are you two?"the young man added, looking to Mark and Abby.

Enthusiastically, Abby responded, "My name's Abby. This here is Mark. He's really nice but sorta quiet." Mark swallowed his food and offered a casual wave of one hand as well as a nod. "A pleasure."the werejackal responded, returning the wave with a lose playful salute instead. "My name's Tom and this fellow here is Rick."Tom replied with casual courtesy.

For her own part, Lea stayed quiet as the canine weres talked to each other. She took in their words, her usual grin on her face as she listened to the talk of the scar. "Same, same," she told the the werejackal, though he hadn't given his name yet. He seemed the friendlier one among the two males. She looked over to the werefox once again, wondering if he was maybe just a quiet fellow with few words. Well, it didn't matter much for her, did it? She didn't think so, although she did put two more people on her list of not sucking blood from them. Not that you have to suck blood from anyone, the voice in her head said. She guessed that was true, her eyes shifting to the two cups she'd emptied before.

There was just something else though to the feeling of hot fresh blood straight from the preys neck rushing into her mouth, however. It was like comparing fresh coffee to an hour old coffee. The latter's taste was just different and obviously lacking something. All the vampire haters could think different, but she was sure the predator weres and shifters felt the same when they went after their preys. Hell, she didn't even have to kill her prey! The thought made her feel a little huffy, thinking of all the bad rap her race got, but she hid it when she heard the werejackal give their names.

Tom the jackal and Rick the fox, Mark the horsey and Abby the birdy, got it, Lea noted silently. She was pretty good with names and faces, so she doubted she'd forget. She looked down the table before sitting back. "So any other vampires in our squadron?" she asked curiously.​

"Why of course. This place may seem like a zoo with all of the animal shifters, but there are many vampires around. I belive there are three vampires in this squadron in particular. "Tom answered after swallowing a mouthful of water.

Kohana wasn't too thrilled to hear that there were more bloodsuckers here. Mark wasn't pleased eithwr, but he didn't show it as he finished up his salad. Abby merely seemed curious. "Where are they? "She asked, fidgeting briefly with one of the feathers threaded into her hair.

Tom looked next to him. "Well here's numero uno."he said, pointing to a young woman. She had long black hair done up in a loose pony tail and wore a cloak over her shoulders as well as jeans and a small chestplate like Kohana's, except this girl had a leather one. When pointed to, she lifted her head and looked at Tom, then she saw Lea and knew a fellow vampire when she saw one. The vampire offered a wave and then her deep brown eyes saw Kohana and recognized her as a wolf.

The vampire bristled and her lip quivered as if debating on baring her teeth. Tom noticed and nervously said,"Easy, Lily. Kohana is friend. So's Lea, the vampire."

Lily seemed to calm down with a huff, deciding to ignore Kohana and focus on Lea. "Pleased to meet you, Lea."she said, voice silky. Kohana's tewth were clenched shut as she stared down Lily. She huffed too and finished her apple wity a loud crunch, accidentally biting to the core. Embarrassed, she pulled it off of her fangs and set it down on her tray.

Lea couldn't say she wasn't pleased to see another female of her race. It had been a while since she had seen a vampire who was not her brother, and it was something of a nice change. She could bet some of the people around her probably weren't too happy, namely Kohana, but what the heck, it wasn't like they had rabies or anything, right? And no one seemed to be prowling around and sniffing at necks to bite. It was funny, Lea had never so caring about what she was, not really. But now, with so many different races is so close contact, she seemed to feel as if she had to feel some vampire pride, or at least be more in touch with her inner vampire. Whatever that is.

She looked over at the first vampire pointed out. She looked like a typical one with her dark hair and pale skin. Lea smiled back and waved a hand enthusiastically, though paused when she saw the way Lily and Kohana were looking at each other. Oh boy, she thought, a little amused at the reactions from both. So she's one of them, a werewolf hater. Well, Lea couldn't exactly begrudge her that but for herself, she didn't give a crap who was what. She did think it'd be rather interesting to see how the races got along though, especially the older ones with the newbies.

"Nice to meetcha too," she said to Lily, smirking slightly when she caught the sound of the apple being bitten to the core. Did the werewolf really let things get to her so easily? Tsk tsk. "Been here awhile or you're a newbie like me and my partner here?" She motioned to Kohana with her head. Yes, we are partners, he he, deal with it.