October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
She makes references to snorting cocaine, talking Ecstasy and sleeping with multiple partners in one night. She is turning her Hanna Montana army into an army of Drug-taking, half naked, promiscuous semi-adults! Personally I am cool with it cause I like those kinds of girls, but what do YOU think?​
My question is​
Why don't these "child stars to pop stars" ever use their power of popularity for good? Use it to mold their generation in to model citizens?

In a way I feel sorry for these child stars. =/ Maybe they have all these problems because they were introduced to fame at such a young age and didn't know how to deal with it? Amanda Bynes is going to court, The Olsen twins are all over the place, the guy who was in Home Alone has some drug addiction. And even the kids who aren't child stars get attention because of their parents. Halle Berry had to get a restriction on the paparazzi because her daughter literally thought they were there to kill her.

But there are some child stars who have done well. http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/child-stars-gone-good-5343.gallery

As far as why they don't use their popularity for good... *shrug* Multitude of reasons. Parents, not caring about the generation, caring more about the money, the stressful career, etc. I'm actually wondering if these's serious research about child stars and how the cope with fame.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
This requires my treatment. *types quickly before Ocha reports him*

It's our party we can do what we want (no drama) [As opposed to those state-regulated parties organised by The Man]
It's our party we can say what we want (Mike will made) [Even if it makes no grammatical sense, it seems]
It's our party we can love who we want [But is love not blind, my dear? Does it not come unexpected and unannounced into your delicate heart?]
We can kiss who we want [Er... that could get you arrested, darling]
We can sing what we want [As opposed to those state-regulated national anthems that are forced upon the public]

It's our party we can do what we want
It's our party we can say what we want
It's our party we can love who we want
We can kiss who we want
We can sing what we want
[It troubles me that you had to repeat this]

Red cups and sweaty bodies everywhere [Sounds just awful]
Hands in the air like we don't care [As opposed to those state-regulated limb elevations. I wonder what it looks like when people who CARE put their arms in the air? Nazi salutes, maybe? I dunno. I guess it's a true sign of recklessness to lift your arms with no functional intention. I used to think it was political manifestos and lobbying. But I guess illogical arm movements is all you kids can manage these days]
'Cause we came to have so much fun now [Oh, THAT'S why you came to the party? I wasn't sure]
Bet somebody here might get some now [I think there's a very good chance, ya little scamp]

If you're not ready to go home
Can I get a "Hell, no!"? (Hell no)
[Some of us have jobs and welfare babies to get back to, Miley. Unlock the fucking doors!]
'Cause we're gonna go all night
'Til we see the sunlight, alright
[Yes, it's very likely you will indeed see sunlight after going all night. It's a pattern that's established itself in nature due to the orbits of the planets around the sun that causes... MILEY! ARE YOU LISTENING?]

So la da di da di [Well that showed the Establishment!]
We like to party [Yeah, I gathered that]
Dancing with molly* [Oh ho ho! You take it easy there, Dan Brown!]
Doing whatever we want [Jesus Christ, Miley, what are you so paranoid about? It's like you're expecting a SWAT team to crash through the window and tell you you're being naughty. Fucking relax. It's a party. We KNOW that there are no rules. Calm the fuck down, woman!]
This is our house [And just how did you kids get a mortgage?]
This is our rules [I think there are some different rules that you need to learn right now]

And we can't stop [I think you can]
And we won't stop [Yet your previous line implied that you had a choice. This is a deterministic quandary...]
Can't you see it's we who own the night? [Er... no... the instruments of the democratic state still apply when the sun goes down]
Can't you see it's we who 'bout that life? [Ah yes, how foolish of me. For long years I have laboured under the delusion that it was I who was about that life. Yet now I see my wretchedness. For it was you, Miley, all along, who was about that life, and I never once glimpsed the majesty of your knowing. All those parties, all those moments of joy and pleasure - they were but a quantum of your zenith. To ride with you, to run through the night with your multi-ethnic friends, loving whom I please, gyrating with the juices of an extraordinary life - this shall be the dream that haunts me in the twilight of my years]

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
We run things, things don't run we
[I weep for your future rape-babies]
Don't take nothing from nobody [Yet you profit from the insecurities of youth]
Yeah, yeah [No. Just no.]

We can kiss who we want
We can sing what we want
[Doesn't mean you should though. That's called responsibility, young lady]

To my home girls here with the big butt [You mean BLACK WOMEN?]
Shaking it like we at a strip club [Dream big, Miley. Dream big.]
Remember only God can judge ya [No. We're all quite capable of judging you. Look! I'm doing it now.]
Forget the haters 'cause somebody loves ya [Yet your generation makes constant reference to the haters and thus demonstrate how troubled you are by them]
And everyone in line in the bathroom
Trying to get a line in the bathroom
[I thought this was YOUR HOUSE and YOUR PARTY? Why are you forcing people to go to the bathroom for their coke? What kind of sick segregating sadist fuck are you?]
We all so turned up here
Getting turned up, yeah, yeah
[Yes, who needs the rich experience of a full life when you can simply shovel powder up your nose in a sweaty bathroom?]

So la da di da di [Sing it, Guevara!]
We like to party [Yeah, I got it]
Dancing with Molly*
Doing whatever we want
[except putting the coke in an easily accessible central area, it seems]
This is our house
This is our rules

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
Can't you see it's we who own the night?
Can't you see it's we who 'bout that life?

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
Don't take nothing from nobody
Yeah, yeah

We can kiss who we want
We can sing what we want

It's our party we can do what we want to
It's our house we can love who we want to
It's our song we can sing if we want to
It's my mouth I can say what I want to
Say yeah, yeah, yeah, ehh

And we can't stop, yeah
And we won't stop, oh
Can't you see it's we who own the night?
Can't you see it's we who 'bout that life?

And we can't stop
And we won't stop
Don't take nothing from nobody
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ehh
[Sit down before you hurt yourself]

In summary, this girl contributes nothing to humanity and has squandered the fleeting chance she had to improve some human lives.

Last edited:
I think it's because no one cares about them, only about the label. And probably all the career stress at that age. If they're young, after a while the popularity fizzes out and what are they supposed to do with their lives? And if they're teenagers, they go through that "womanhood" phase that turns Hannah Montana into promiscuous girl.

I don't think it's the stars that choose their child fans, it's the company. It's really sad that little girls look up to stars like Hannah Montana, who eventually go "woman" while kids are still looking to them! It's a really really bad influence.

I understand that these girls should be free to express their music the way they want to, but maybe the Hannah Montana label went a little too far into becoming Miley, instead of being one of her roles as an actress.

Another child star who didn't end up falling down is the actress who played Matilda, Mara Wilson. She wrote an interesting perspective on the topic as well.

Oh, also, Asmo forgot to clarify with his asterisks that "dancing with molly" is slang for "doin' some ecstasy".

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't despise her. She branched out from her Disney days and is doing what makes her happy. Her song does reference some things that kids shouldn't be doing, but the majority of popular songs these days do that, too. She's a grown woman, not a little girl, and I think that she's trying very hard to get that point across. Maybe a little too hard. But either way, the song is catchy and sticks in my head as well as everybody else I know, so she must be doing something right.

I love that song! It's a great catchy song! I love how she's branching out and doing what the typical young 20s girl would do, regardless of what other people say about her. ...I hate -THAT- video because it's a shitty, stupid video... o___o; That was terrible artistic direction, whomever came up with that concept needs to be slapped and lay off the weed or something.

I also believe it's the PARENT'S responsibilities and not the STAR'S responsibilities to be good role models. Yeah, a lot of her behavior is super lame. And yes, millions of people are watching and mimicking what they do. But that doesn't mean a parent can't point at her and say "Hey kid, she is a grown up and learning how to make her own choices, not all of them are good ones. I want you to learn and choose better." Instead of putting all the blame on her like she's the one corrupting kids. >>

Well, well, well...
What happened to Smiley?

I thought Miley was reigning as Hannah Montana... But I strongly feel that as long as Miley is happy about her rather drastic changes in her music style, it should not matter.

It should be the parents who should be looking at what their children do to kill their boredom. This can probably go hand in hand considering the controversy of children playing violent video games.

However, you can't help but feel sorry for those kids who show new, evolved sides of themselves. Some of those "fans" may not truly be fans if they (the ones they admire so much) took off their costumes.

"Why is Barney viewed like a pedophile?" We all know it is a purple dinosaur who amuses himself with these children. As for Justin Bieber, I feel that the ones who think that he is powerful should probably burn themselves. Why is it that the teenagers would try to cut themselves or do horrible things to prevent a star's death?

Just a point to ponder... And I think this is probably why Miley cut ties with Disney.

Hey, she did that song with Borgore, so that earns her some leeway in my book.

Leeway that she's quickly pishing away with pish like this, but hey. Girl's gotta make a living. I just feel sorry for the poor bastard who has to write this abortion of a song. Seriously, guy's probably got themselves a decent degree in music and a dream of becoming a renowned musician in their own right, and here they are writing songs for trashy, cookie-cutter, Disney-created pop-stars.

Reactions: Zathura Endou IX
This is a trend amongst white chicks in general. (Or Americans in general? I don't know, I stopped keeping up with music.) They go from being a role model, to a hardcore drug user who parties all night and sleeps around. Avril Lavigne, for example. She used to sing some pretty decent, meaningful songs. Now, she's this trashy pop princess who makes me want to go deaf. Maybe I'm being harsh. This is how I see it, though.

I do agree with those who say people shouldn't be too hard on Cyrus. This is her choice, so let it be. It's earning her a negative reputation, which she must be okay with if she continues to express music in this way. She's grown up now and wants to put her talents elsewhere. It is disappointing to the children, yes. They'll learn from it, I think, and look to other actors/actresses for their role models. I feel like Disney is not a very good place for children to learn from, though. (Unless it's old Disney, like Winnie the Pooh and good stuff like that.) What's wrong with good old Sesame Street? Blue's Clues? Captain Planet? Mickey Mouse? These are shows I admired, at least.

I dunno. All I know is Disney sucks now. Their channel sucks, and there won't be anymore Star Wars video games. So, fuck Disney. >>;

• Love
Reactions: Sakura
It's not a trend, it's a tradition. Easy way for industry-created pop phenomenons like Miley to keep her career going a bit further.

OuQ5k.gif
Shes trying to be the best Pink she knows how..... in a horrible manner

Maybe this is why I started listening to country.