FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Any.
Greetings, I'm here to advertise for a little project I'm working on and currently GMing for but feel like some fresh faces will help get the train a rolling. For now, the rp is starting off small-scale in terms of what the players will be experiencing before I go full on space travel, politics and many many factions that can be found within it, as well as different plot threads to be formed from the characters' decisions and what you wish to have happen for your character. But first I shall paint a picture.

The Expanse, the name given by the Coalition which encompasses many galaxies kept in communication and reach via FTL travel obtained through various means, some alien, some through purely advantageous anomalies and some as a result of technological advances. A great deal of species fill the ranks of the Coalition's Senate, some big shots such as the Star People, formerly Humanity before the events of the Sakash war, which sent them outside their home system and colonizing many worlds, forming distinctive subspecies that are far too many to count, leading to the new designation. The Drak and their distant cousins of the Droq, and many more.

Along with them comes corporations that bide for control by purchasing planets freshly found and unclaimed by any governing member of the Coalition and building mines, colonies that buy from their shops, filled with workers that often never see the inside of a space ship, while the entire time smaller factions are vying for control of the underworld aspect of the Expanse. Drug dealing, smuggling and mercenary work for the highest or convenient bidder. All taking parts in conflicts for trade routes that often end in bloodshed or red tape that take decades to resolve if there isn't a wild card or two.

This is where you come in. Part of a merry band of misfits, you'll do jobs, take part in schemes and often a spectator to the events transpiring. But every now and then, you'll get an opportunity to influence the Expanse in ways that for better or for worse, are only able because of you.

And the best part, you can be anyone. A lowly citizen yearning for adventure, a weary veteran looking for work, a Diplomat that has been burned by the red tape of bureaucracy too harshly that you'd sooner face being shot in the face by a laser bolt than deal with the decade spanning nonsense just to clear a trading route. Or perhaps you're an experiment gone wrong, and you're essentially doing whatever you can to maintain a sense of normalcy in this chaotic universe that isn't a home to you, nor wants to be a home to you.

Whatever race you so desire can fit for your character, made by you or if that is too much work, I can take up the request [provided that I am given proper direction on what you want] and take care of that so all you have to worry about is the character sheet.

And the best part.

Creative Freedom, I don't mind folks coming in with wild and zany ideas for characters or concepts or what they want done for their characters. So long as it isn't too crazy or OP/Godmoding like "My character can stop time, instantly teleport and can't die unless they get stabbed by the leg bone of their race which is all extinct" levels. But beyond that, you're free to do whatever. As mentioned earlier, you can make whoever or whatever. Set up well thought out plans for your character or shoot off whimical ideas that can be fleshed out via peers or with me.

Now in the future when the next contest for a Realm starts up, I am hoping to get a Realm set up for folks to do whatever including GMing or setting up different groups. But I'm gonna focus on what I got going for now.

We do have a Discord, but I tend to give out invites in PMs to avoid bots and so on. And I'm constantly expanding the lore of the universe and what exists in it.

OPEN SIGNUPS - Miles To Go: Chapter 1 - Trapped for Cash The current sign ups for the current chapter playing out.

Last edited:
Still lookin' for some folks if they're interested.

Can ask me any questions you may have about the roleplay, be it rules or character creation limits or posting expectations.