No Life
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Genres
Speculative Fiction, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror
So I ca t access discord via my phone because it wants me to download the app. But I don't want the app. Just like I don't download the facebook app on my phone or add my location to any post or searches. I'd like an option for a mobile browser version of discord. That and my iPhone won't let me download apps anyway because I don't have any credit information. Well duh I don't have a credit card to input it. Even when the app is free to download. Sort mild technology rant. Ps we need a tech tag for general discussion maybe

So I ca t access discord via my phone because it wants me to download the app. But I don't want the app. Just like I don't download the facebook app on my phone or add my location to any post or searches. I'd like an option for a mobile browser version of discord. That and my iPhone won't let me download apps anyway because I don't have any credit information. Well duh I don't have a credit card to input it. Even when the app is free to download. Sort mild technology rant. Ps we need a tech tag for general discussion maybe
Idk about iPhones but on my android it sometimes ask me for credit information (even for free apps) but there's almost always a "skip" button that bypasses it.

Personally, the discord mobile app is wonderful. My phone is gettin old but it runs discord like a pro. My comp is in the same boat xD but I haven't downloaded it because the browser app is perfect for what I need.

Idk about iPhones but on my android it sometimes ask me for credit information (even for free apps) but there's almost always a "skip" button that bypasses it.

Personally, the discord mobile app is wonderful. My phone is gettin old but it runs discord like a pro. My comp is in the same boat xD but I haven't downloaded it because the browser app is perfect for what I need.
iPhone has no such feature. I'm on the 4

Also, I realize you're complaining about Discord in general, but it kiiiinda feels like you're asking Iwaku staff to do something about it.

Personally, even though I go on Discord for AMOR purposes mostly, I love how it's set up with its own proprietary app. If it wasn't, then theeeere goes my data. I do kinda understand where you're coming from, though. iPhone, in that regard, is kinda balls.

Reactions: rissa
android master race
xD

no, but seriously, that sucks. How long have you not been able to download apps? Also, tho you might not want it, the discord app is welllllllll worth it.

It won't let me actually bypas it. Tells I am missing required information and then highlights the credit information. It's not that I don't want it. I just don't have a credit card
Almost certain you can use debit card information for this. It works fine, especially if you had no intentions to ever use it.

Almost certain you can use debit card information for this. It works fine, especially if you had no intentions to ever use it.

I don't have debit card either. Don't have a bank. Because I am poor and homeless. And I'm on a family plan because it was cheaper for my mom. So yeah its why I have a phone, she gave me her hand me down phone.

I had the same phone for 9 years it finally broke into pieces when I took it to exchange my SIM card at the store, screws came out of my old phone. My old phone was so old it broke apart at the phone store. lol

Iphone 4 is much newer, but my mom didn't want it after she upgraded and gave it to me. The nicest damn thing she's done for me all fucking year. Anyway, yeah.

Just to add, this would be way more fit as a Skype rant.

Things like Discord and Skype just aren't seen as organized as mobile browser things. When I imagined a Discord mobile browser, it looks choppy and confusing.

You can hard reset your phone via iTunes (I had to do this to get past restrictions and reset my Apple ID.)
You do not have to use any sort of Debit/credit card information to get an app or to get an ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.