Migma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jexel began to awaken again, this time in an unfamiliar place. He slowly turned his head to the side to catch a glimpse of his surroundings, but found Isabelle laying beside him. With pained movement, he reached out and laid his paw on her hand and began to speak. "H-hey... Where are we? ...d-did I die? Where's the canopy, a-and the trees?" He asked, speaking hoarsely and taking deep, harsh breaths frequently. Struggling to catch his breath, Jexel continued to speak. "D-Did you take me here? ...This is t-the human community, right? I thought we'd b-both get in trouble if I was here. H-how did you manage t-to..." He turned away from Isabelle quickly, finding himself cut off by another violent cough, followed still by traces of blood. The rapid movement came with severe pain, but the lynxling forced himself to take it. He wanted to hear her voice again, and if he had to suffer to do so, he would.

"Oh my...it's ok, its ok. Don't talk. It's ok." She said to him to try to keep him calm. His paw was on her hand so she grabbed it and held it close to her. Sitting up again she placed her other hand on his chest to try to still him as he coughed violently with more blood. "Yes, we are in the human community. My house to be exact. No you did not die, you fell from the tree we were in. I'm going to take you inside now so you can rest and I can help make you better. My parents aren't home so we're safe for now but I need to get you inside before someone notices you. Can you stand at all?" She asked with such worry as her emerald eyes shifted from left to right to ensure they were completely alone.

"Y-Yeah, I think I can manage..." Jexel began as he shakily hoisted himself onto his feet. After collapsing a number of times, he was finally able to maintain enough balance to wobble towards the door. "Man, this sucks. I'm sorry to put you through all this nonsense. I-I don't know what came over me..." He said, hiding his blushing face away from Isabelle as he walked into the house. His eyes widened through the pain as he entered the girl's abode. "Holy...i-it's so clean! T-This is a human house? I k-knew they were nice and all, but...jeez..." Jexel put a paw to his head as he observed the room he was in. Even as his head wracked with pain, his short attention span kept him amused and in good spirits. "So..ah, where should I s-sit? I don't wanna ruin anything, y-ya know?"

Isabelle helped keep Jexel in balance. Last thing she wanted was for him to fall again and potentially hurt himself more. Helping him through the door, she saw as his eyes lit up when he saw her home. She had to admit it was beautiful and not many people were able to live the privileged life she led. For once she was glad she had the things she had. "We need to get you upstairs. I can hide you in my room. My parents never go in there. It's the safest place for you to remain hidden until I can get you some help." She led him carefully up the steps, past the statutes her parents kept around and over the plush carpeting. She would have to remember to vacuum later as Jexel was getting some fur on the carpet. She opened the door to her room and led him inside. "You can lay on the bed if you want. It's a king so there's plenty of space." She placed her bag down in the corner before returning to Jexel, "I'm just going to the bathroom to get the first aid kit, I'll be right back."

"T-Thank you. Sorry about the f-fur." Jexel spoke quietly, quickly falling into a deep sleep from the comfort of the bed. Never before had he slept on such a soft feeling mattress before. After doing his best to curl up into a comfortable sleeping position, he began to snore, although it sounded almost identical to a purr rather than the usual sound one would produce. However, every once and a while, Jexel would awaken from pain. As he would awake, he began to cough intensely, oft times resulting in a minuscule spatter of blood which he did his best to cover up. It was a torturous cycle of agony that he was forced to go through, and it drove him to the point of utmost exhaustion. It began getting bad enough and frequent enough to where he would simply writhe in pain instead of wake up. With his writhing, it became evident that his right arm was shattered, likely along with a few ribs. If he attempted to roll to his right side in his sleep, Jexel would grit his teeth and clench up his entire body, though he never made a sound past a quiet whimper.

Jexel fell right to sleep as soon as he was on the bed. He was exhausted and in pain. Isabelle retrieved her cell phone from her bag and called her friend. "Hey Regina how are you?...I'm doing well...Listen do you still do that magic stuff?....You do?....I have a friend that needs your help. He fell from a tree....yes a tree....umm..he was drunk I guess, anyway I think he broke something. He's coughing up blood and he's in a lot of pain....yes....yes...Can you help him?...Oh wonderful! When can you come by?....no tomorrow night is fine...come to my house after dark please....Thank you sooo much." She hung up the phone and returned it to her dresser. Jexel would finally get some help, she only hoped that he could hold on until then. She used the first aid kit to tend to a few flesh wounds he had and did the same to herself. She popped two Motrins and lay next to Jexel. He awoke every so often from the pain but he was able to fall back asleep and snore lightly. She didn't mind the snoring and eventually went to sleep beside him, finding comfort in his presence even though he wasn't well. He was there, he was with her, and he was alive, and right now that was all that mattered.

As Isabelle lay beside him, Jexel calmed down. Her presence alone brought a kind of relief. Though still suffering, he was finally able to sleep soundly. However, as the night progressed, he became more and more restless and quick to wake. Stifling his cries of anguish, he moved to the carpet to save Isabelle the trouble of dealing with his restlessness. After pawing a spot to the right consistency, Jexel slowly set himself down and attempted to go back to sleep. All the while, he marveled at the pristine condition of the house and everything inside it. The texture of the carpet alone was more comfortable than the couch he had back at home, and the bed...oh, the bed! If he hadn't been in so much pain, he would have been knocked out the second he hit the blanket. Even the bathroom looked miraculous from what Jexel could see. With all of this in mind, he did the best he could to go back to sleep until the morning.

The sun shun brightly through the windows of Isabelle's room. She was stretching out across her bed when she noticed that Jexel was not next to her. She jumped up to look for him and whispered "...Jex..." Hearing a shuffle on the floor by her bed, she looked over the side of her bed and saw that Jexel had made himself comfortable there. She decided not to wake him and proceeded to the bathroom to get ready. When she was done, she walked over to Jex to let him know she was going to step away for a few, "Jex, I'll be right back. I'm going to lock the door behind me. Stay inside, ok?" She wasn't sure if he heard but she stepped out and locked the door behind her. Proceeding down the steps, she heard her parents speaking in the kitchen.
"Isabelle? Is that you?" she heard her mother say.
"Yes mother, it's me."
"Are you ok? You were snoring so loudly last night?"
Isabelle couldn't help but laugh, "Yes mother I was just very tired."
She spoke to her parents for a while, she didn't want them to suspect anything, before they both left for work. She prepared some pancakes, toast and orange juice for herself and for Jexel and brought it all back upstairs. She lay the plates before Jex on the floor and rubbed his hair gently to wake him..."Hey...breakfast..." she said as gently as she could, hoping he was ok enough to eat something.

At the sound of Isabelle's voice and the smell of the food in front of him, Jexel's eyes slowly opened and his ears perked up. A small smile graced his lips when he saw both welcome sights, but it was followed by a fit of coughing and wheezing. No blood came up this time, but the struggle to get a breath was much more dire. Finally catching his breath, Jexel hoisted himself up with his good paw as well as he could, getting into a sitting position on the ground. After taking a large breath, Jexel began to speak with more ease than the night before, though still having plainly obvious issues. "So...why did you risk all this for me?" He said, taking a bite of the toast set before him with relish. "I appreciate it...I-I really do, but what if you got caught? Even thinking about what they would have done to you..." Jexel was interrupted by another violent coughing fit. He didn't let it faze him though, as he took another bite of toast along with a drink of juice before continuing. "*Ahem* You should have just left me in the woods. I've been through worse than this before." It was a blatant lie and Jexel knew it. His left ear folded forward and his eyes darted to the right as he said it, each of these were tells for when he lied, and he knew how obvious it was. Even so, he tried to play it off as fact. Nothing concerned him more than Isabelle's safety at this time.

"I couldn't just leave you out there. How could you ask me to do that? I don't care if I would've got caught. I would've figured out something but I HAD to help you." She felt the knot in her stomach again, even in pain he made her very nervous...in a good way. She liked the feeling, she liked him...a lot. "Oh and stop lying, your whole body gives you away." She smiled at his quirks, she enjoyed them. "Listen, my friend is coming tonight. She knows healing spells and she is going to help you get better. We just have to keep you here until later and then we'll figure out how to get you back home once you're all better, not to mention we need to figure out a way to keep her from seeing what you really are. She will do me the favor of healing you but I don't want to see what she would do if she learned you were a half-breed." She ate some of her pancakes and drank some orange juice and waited to Jexel to speak.

"I don't want you risking yourself for my sake, that's all." Jexel started, taking a few bites of pancake before continuing. "And you never told me you knew a magic user!" Before he could rise any further in volume, another coughing fit took over, forcing his entire body to seize up as another spurt of blood came out. He lay on the ground for a while, cringing from the pain, before he made the attempt to get up and continue. "Ugh... So, h-how are we gonna keep my identity hidden? It's bad enough I wore my torn up jeans with a tail hole in it, but my paws aren't exactly hidden either. Medics tend to be the m-most searchy about the people they heal, so I don't expect to get away with being a Half-Breed around her." Another fit of coughing forced him to stop speaking, but he was able to cover it up most of the way. It was evident that Jexel was frustrated with his current condition, wanting to know so much, but being stopped by his injuries. His amber eyes were fixated on his blood-stained paws in a glare, attempting to will himself better.

Isabelle crawled closer to Jexel until she sat directly next to him. She lay her head on his shoulder for a second, he was calmer when she was close to him and she liked being close to him. She hated that he was in so much pain but they could do nothing but wait. "Yea I know a magic user. I told you I know a lot of people and get along pretty well with everyone. Regina is nice and she owes me a favor." She adjusted her head a bit, hoping he didn't mind too much that she was so close. "You can hide in my bed...yea..." She perked up again and looked into his amber eyes, "My bed! Yes! With your hoodie over your head, only your face would show and your face is human looking anyway. Then with my sheets we can hide you under the covers. It's perfect! She would never know the difference. She doesn't technicaaaalllyyy have to touch you to perform the spell! This is going to work Jex...it's gonna work." She looked deep into his eyes, she could get lost in the gold.

Jexel's face heated up as Isabelle got close, but he made no objections. It was nice to have her so close, like a feeling of trust that he hadn't felt in a long time. At the idea, Jexel too perked up, though for different reasons. "As foolproof as that may be, even I'd be a bit suspicious of some guy wearing a hoodie in a girl's bed, especially if I actively opposed his entire species... but hey, it's our best shot. I won't argue anymore." Jexel finished as he noticed Isabelle peering into his eyes. The recurring knot appeared again in his stomach, acting as the only good feeling he had about the situation at hand. As he returned the gaze, Jexel wondered what could possibly be happening to him. First his common sense left him, then his cat-like agility, and all while in the presence of this human girl. Equal parts fear and wonder filled him as he stared for what felt like an eternity into eyes like emerald pools. A smile once again graced his lips as he thought to himself, "I fell for a human...literally." Keeping this thought to himself, Jexel let out a light chuckle as he continued to gaze at Isabelle.

She smiled, "Why are you laughing?" She moved away from him and began picking up the left over breakfast, piling the plates on top of each other and emptying the juice into one cup so she could stack them neatly together. Standing up, she took the plates and placed them on her dresser, she would take them downstairs later she thought, for now she didn't want to lose a moment with Jexel. She leaned against the dresser for a second and stared at her friend before continuing, "How are you feeling? Did breakfast make you feel any better at all?"

Stifling back yet another coughing fit, Jexel avoided Isabelle's first question and began to speak. "Breakfast was great. I can't honestly tell you when I last ate a proper meal, so I really appreciate it... Though, I still feel absolutely horrible. Say, when is your friend supposed to be here?" He asked with renewed curiosity. As much as he enjoyed Isabelle's company, the pain was becoming unbearable. It was as though half of his body had been shattered by the drop, and with his malnutrition, his insides were exceptionally brittle. Getting help from anyone scared him enough, but receiving aid from a human other than Isabelle wrought a great deal of fear upon the lynxling.

Isabelle sighed, "She won't be here until tonight. I'm sorry. I know you're in a heap of pain now. I-I wish I could take it all away for you and make you better myself. I'm so sorry." Pausing for a few seconds she continued, "Why don't you lie down on my bed and try to fall asleep again. I have to make a few appearances around the community to keep my parents at bay anyway. Maybe resting will help?" She hated seeing him in pain and began blaming herself for it. If she had just stuck to the ground, he would've never fallen.

Sensing the change of Isabelle's thoughts on his accident, Jexel forced himself up on his feet. Walking over to her, he wrapped his good paw around her and pulled her from her leaning position, giving her the best hug he could muster. "Thank you...so much, for saving me." Though he was in pain, he pushed it all away to keep her in his arms...err, arm. Holding her tightly for a few more seconds, Jexel wondered what would have happened if she hadn't helped. After he released Isabelle from his grasp, he made his way slowly back to the bed. "I'll be fine, don't worry. I think I'll just take a good nap." After his head hit the pillows, exhaustion took over and he passed out, breathing in slow, pained breaths.

His hug gave her butterflies again...yes...butterflies, she thought to herself, that was what she was feeling when he was near her. She closed her eyes when he hugged her. Isabelle just wanted to stay there forever, she never wanted him to let her go. He was thanking her for saving him and just as quickly let her go. She didn't let her disappointment show, and watched as he dragged himself back to her bed to rest. He fell asleep immediately. She threw one of her new sheets over him and took the plates and left over breakfast out of the room. She proceeded down the steps, making sure she locked her bedroom door behind herself, and took the dishes into the kitchen. Tidying up quickly, Isabelle left the house and attended a few boring community events before meeting her parents for a late lunch.
"You know mom and dad, when was the last time you guys went out on a date?" Isabelle said as she ate her biscuit.
"Oh...wow. It's been a while." Her father said.
"Why don't you guys go out tonight, there's a new movie out. Why not see it?"
"Well, I don't know. We have a few things to do." Her mother said.
"I'll take care of what you need. You guys deserve it. Go on. Have fun."
Her parents smiled at each than back again at Isabelle. They thanked her for the idea and gave her a long list of to-dos to take care of. That took care of the parentals for the evening, she thought to herself and continued enjoying her lunch with her parents. Night came quickly as she finally completed the last set of miserable to-dos on her parent's list and headed back to the house. Isabelle felt horrible that she had left Jexel alone for so long. She hoped he was ok.

As Isabelle went around the community, Jexel snored lightly and soundly, finally finding the perfect position to sleep in with minimal pain. The few times he did wake up, he was wracked with severe pain, coughing fits, and disappointment at Isabelle not being there. This went on for a few hours until he could no longer sleep. As exhausted as he was, his internal clock refused to let him snooze any further. Against his better judgement, he decided to get on his feet and attempt to do a bit of 'self-repair.' ...It went as well as one would have suspected. As soon as he laid a paw on his chest, Jexel was on the ground cringing from the pain. Getting back in bed, he attempted in vein to get some more sleep until Isabelle arrived. His eyes restlessly scanned the room over and over, and a twinge of pain would often send him into convulsions. It was getting worse, he could feel it; the shattered bones tearing at his muscles, poking into his lungs, and causing havoc internally. His only hope was to lie as still as possible, as silent as possible, for as long as possible.

As Isabelle climbed the steps to the second floor of her home, her phone rang and Regina's name filled the screen. Answering it quickly she said, "Hi Regina....yes I'm home...outside?...I'm opening the door right now." After hanging up her phone, she ran back down the steps and opened the door wide open. Standing in the threshold was her dear friend Regina. She was the same age as Isabelle, only with fiery red hair and oversized black frames. She had her bag of herbs and incense and entered the house as soon as Isabelle opened the door. They exchanged salutations and Isabelle led Regina upstairs quickly. Before unlocking the door she turned to Regina, "Hold on a sec, ummm, let me make sure he's dressed." Regina gave Isabelle a look but nodded her head. Unlocking the door, and entering quickly, Isabelle turned off all the lights and went over the Jexel on her bed. She nudged him gently to wake him, "Hey you...my friend is here. I'm going to cover you up now ok?" She took a few blankets and covered Jexel from his shoulders down to his feet. "Lift your head a little so I can pull the hoodie up. Gosh I hope this works" she said as she pulled his hoodie over his ears.

Isabelle opened the door and let Regina inside. Once inside Regina addressed Isabelle, "You had a naked guy in your room?"
-"Don't ask questions you don't really want the answers to" said Isabelle. Regina raised her arms in surrender and began taking all the ingredients out of her bag and laying them on the dresser. Once she had mixed and arranged everything she told Isabelle to remove the blanket covering Jexel.
-"I cant. He's...not fully dressed."
-"What the hell is going on Izzy?"
-"Listen, I don't ask you about your kinky adventures, so don't ask about mine, 'kay? Let's just say some of his clothes...got lost. You know you don't have to touch him to fix him. So...just fix him."
Regina smiled and didn't say another word thankfully. Isabelle sighed in relief as her friend began chanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.