Midnight Lotus Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan smiled "Of course, i would be happy too" Amy nodded and got up to make the couch up before coming back.

Lily was happier than she had ever been in the last year. She had been through a lot, but now she was ready to move on and start anew. "What brought you here Dan? if you don't mind me asking. I am sorry to pry" She was not use to being so social, since it has been awhile since she was able to just talk to someone. Her last husband had been very jealous and hardly ever let her go out asides from going to school and getting Claudia from school. Somewhere deep inside she was glad to be free from all of the stress of him, but at what cost?

Claudia made sure to tell Luna about her favorite show. She took out a Winx Club doll.
"Even though i don't play with these dolls anyone, i can seem like let them go. I am getting ready to start middle school, so i won't have time to take care of all these dolls. You can have them if you want. I don't want to give them away, but you kindly remind me of myself. I know you will take care of them" Claudia gave her the doll and smiled. Maybe her mom wouldn't need to have another baby for her to play with after-all.

Dan shrugged "Our parents died when we were like 16 and after being raised by some relatives, we decided to move out and live on our own" Dan said. It was a very practiced story. Dan hated telling people about what he did for a job and if someone asked, he tended to lie since the truth made people either turn against him or become way to friendly.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Alex said cleaning up the pizza mess. Many people found it surprising but he actually kept a pretty clean house. "Girls it's close to bedtime, got to Luna's room and get dressed, you can watch a movie as long as you stay in bed and are quiet, Dani is sleeping. Claudia sweetheart Luna has some nightgowns that are to big for her in her top drawer, you can wear one of them if you want."

Claudia nodded putting away the toys. She dared not go to someone else's home and make a mess, her grandfather would be very angry if he found out. She found her way to Luna's room to get changed. Her mother told her that when she was at someone's house, to never go into a a room without permission. Since Mr. Alex specifically said there was clothes she could fit in the room and to go change, She thought that was her permission. She waited for Luna so she could close the door. " You don't have to worry about me mom. Everything will be ok." Claudia could almost sense her mothers worrying. She had been crying herself to sleep over her father's death for the last couple of months, but the pain was going away.

Lily said her condolences as well. She could sense that Dan was reserved about his background, and now she regretted asking. Her parents always told her not to stick her nose into other people business. Lily turned when Claudia told her not to worry. It was almost as if they were one in thought.

Dan shrugged "It was years ago, so we have gotten over it pretty well" Dan said with a smile. It seemed all the kids were getting ready for bed. "So should the adults leave as well now?" He asked, getting ready to leave

Alex looked up from cleaning "ah, no you can stay, I really don't mind." He smiled and threw the last of the trash away.

Lily stretched her arm out "its been a long day. I think i need a drink" she yawned while sitting down. "does anyone know what time it is?"

Status
Not open for further replies.