Midnight Lotus Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
lily put down her bags at the door and left to get claudia's toys out the car. Claudia continued to play with luna and watched TV with her.

Dan grinned "I'll get Amy to set the couch up once we are done here" he said and shook her hand

Alex put a sleeping Dani in his room, leavening the door cracked just a bit to be able to here her if she woke.

Lily came back with a chest full of Claudia's toys and sa kit next to the girls. Claudia ran up and quickly opened it to find an variety of Winx Club, Bratz, and Monster high dolls along with princess accessories and teddy bears. "look luna!" She took out her favorite doll and showed it to her. "She is a fairy princess" lily chuckled and looked at Alex. " They are a handful but for their happiness its worth it." She nodded to Dan and amy. "how long have you guys been here? how is the landlord?" lily asked all three of them

Dan nodded "we have been here a little more then a year. The land lords fine as far as i know. They haven't ever complained to us about anything" He said with a shrug.

Amy agreed with him. "The land lord comes by like once a month to check up on things but thats about it" she said

Alex walked back into the room with a sigh, "sorry everyone, Dani's hard to handle sometimes." He rubs the back of his head while Luna Oh's and Ah's at the new toys.

lily shook her head. "babies will be babies, and Dani is one adorable baby" claudia pointed her hand towards the chest. "whats mine is yours, I've had them for too long anyways. Mom says that i am getting too big to play with them, but they are just too fun to throw away" Claudia had never even imagine parting with her toys, but if she was going to be a big sister to luna she was going to do it right. "Claudia seems to be quite taken by Luna. She is always asking me for a little brother or sister."

Alex sat on the back of the sofa and nodded "Luna and I have been close ever since she was born, but I never had much time to play with her. I was always in school or working, we can from a poor family so she never really had any toys. When my best friend got pregnant she told Luna that the baby was going to look up to her like she looked up to me. She was so happy, then a few months latter we crashed and Dani was born early. When her father was nowhere to be found I took her in, but with a baby and trying to start a new life, I don't have much time to spend with her. Thank you for allowing Claudia over." He smiled but didn't take his eyes away from Luna.

"its just me and claudia as well. I can tell how much you care for those two. you did the best you could in your situation, gave them the best life you had to offer. That is what i am trying to give cluadia as well. " lily's eye become cloudy with tears. She tried to keep her sadness suppressed, but hearing Alex'a story opened up fresh wounds of her own. "Claudia's father and i did not end well, but i still loved him. Why did he have to...." lily covered her face before the tears came. She shushed herself so cluadia would not hear her mother cry. Seconds later she was able to locked her feelings away and wipe away her tears. " Luna and dani were lucky to have you around to care for him"

"No, I'm the lucky one." He said with a smile then frowned "everything I have ever done, everything I ever created, it was all for my family and with them gone, if I had lost them, I don't know what I'd do." He shook his head then looked at the clock, "girl you have an hour until bed time."

Dan sighed, they both had such terrible lives. Dan glanced up at the clock and then at amy. "Hey, why don't you go set up the couch for our friend." Amy nodded and then left the room. "Hey thanks for having us over" Dan said and held out his hand to shake Alex's. This really had been a nice time. One of the niceset that Dan had had in awhile. Usually nights were filled with work and meetings and stress but todays had been nice.

Claudia sighed when Alex warned her about the impending bed time. She was having so much fun she did not want it to end. " okayyyy" Claudia said.

"Dan do you know any baby sitters? I can pay five bucks a hour per child but not much more." He explained rubbing the back of his head nervously.

Dan glanced up and grinned "If you need a babysitter, I'm your man. My work is flexible so i can basically go in whenever." He said and wrote down his number before handing it to Alex. "Just call when you need me"

"To tell you the truth, I work almost every day, heck I'm supposed to go tomorrow but I need to make sure the girls are settled in." He said with a sigh.

Dan nodded "Don't worry about it, i'll come in and watch your girls for you" he said with a smile

"Thanks. You know anything about baby's?" Alex asked

Dan shrugged "I know how to keep them happy and clean and filled" His butler had loved to try and teach him those things when he was younger. Dan guessed it was a good thing that he had payed attention back then

"That's all I wanted, thanks again." He said with a smile.

lily realized that she her work hours would long as well. "Dan do you think you could watch Claudia too? She is not much trouble, but since i will be at work early in the morning until evening I need someone to watch her" Claudia overheard their conversation. "yes please mr. Dan? Luna and I can play all day long and I won't make a mess and I'm a big girl so i can do your nails too!"

Status
Not open for further replies.