Midnight Lotus Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nope sorry, my house, my guests, my bill." He laughed

(Hey I got to get to bed)

Dan sat in on a meeting, and glanced around with boredom. These meetings were always talking about things that Dan couldn't care less about. He glanced down at his watch and saw that it was already after lunch. He sighed softly and then the meeting ended, Dan got up and shook hands with all the men in suits saying how grateful he was that they were interested in joining his business. He walked out the door and immediately pulled his tie off. Dan hated having to dress up everyday. He got into the limo that he used to get to and from work and changed back into the clothes that he had been wearing that morning, jeans and a white t-shirt. He got out about a block from the apartment, thanked the driver and walked the rest of the way. He went up the stairs and smelled burning plastic that as faint, as if it was fading away. He followed the smell to a room and saw that the door was slightly ajar. He walked in slowly
"hey, is everything ok in here?" Dan asked

Amy was on her bed working on some paper that needed to be done by the next day and Amy hadn't even started it. She glanced at the clock and raised an eyebrow. Dan wasn't home yet, which meant that he was being held up somewhere.

Alex looked up when the man entered, Dani had woken up in his arms and while the other children watch the tv he had played with her. "Sorry man, little dude over there burned himself on some plastic. We took care of it, care to join us for pizza?"

Dan shrugged "Sure, but you mind if i go grab my sister? She's like right down the hall" He said and waved to the little girl that the man was holding

Dani giggled "go ahead, the pizza should be here soon." He said putting Dani in her bassinet.

Dan grinned "Cool, I'll be right back" He said and wondered down the hall. He opened the door without knocking and saw Amy on the bed writing. "Hey, some people just asked us to come for pizza, wanna come?"
Amy rolled her eyes "These arn't like some work people are they? they bore me you know"
Dan sighed "No. They are just people down the hall who invited us" He said frowning slightly
Amy nodded "Oh. Then yeah, sure." She said and got off the bed. Putting on shoes she grabbed the key and walked out with Dan following close behind. Dan got back to the room and walked in, "Hey, this is my sister Amy and I'm Dan. Nice to meet you"

Alex had just payed for the pizza when the pare came in. "I'm Alex, my little sister Luna is the six year old with really long hair, and Dani is the two month old in the bassinet. Lena, her brother Drake, and her sister Emily are from down the hall. Dig in, your welcome to anything in the house."

Lily and Claudia had just drove up to the apartment complex they were moving into. the mover's truck had not arrived with the few things she was bringing with from from her old house. lily put the car into park. claudia was still watching her old winx club cartoons when lily started to gather her purse from the passanger seat. "we are there already? but this is the best part!" claudia wined as lily got out of the car. " well you can continue to watch it after the movers come with the rest of our stuff, lets go claudia" lily was already heading to the trunk to get their luggage. lily was still not use to this new car her father bought her as a farwell gift. it was a Cadillac escalade with way too many functions for the average person. since her old car was totaled she had no room to say no. after lockign the door they both headed inside.

While they ate Alex noticed that Luna had snuck out the door. Quickly grabbing Dani he ran after her only to find her pearling at to new tenants. "Luna you get you but back inside this instant." The little girl listened but Alex felt bad about his nosy sister. "You can come join us, pizzas in the house along with most of the complex." He turned top leave so tied he didn't both to see if the other two where fallowing him.

Claudia quickly rushed past her mother to follow them inside. " pizza?! mom never orders pizza!" Claudia was excited to see other children in the apartment as well. After she found out that her and her mother had to move, Claudia thought she wouldn't make any new friends at her new school. but here was a bunch of kids living right next door. " slow down Claudia, you might trip" lily bragged her luggage behind her while trying to keep up. "is the landlord around? i need to sign the lease agreement and keep the keys to our apartment" lily asked alex. " i am lily by the way. this is my daughter claudia" claudia was already in the apartment with a slice of pizza. she could not believe how much cheese was on it. Claudia smiled as her gingerly ate her slice.

"He should be here in the morning, I'm Alex, the little girl with long hair is my sister Luna and this is Dani." He nodded to Dani as he set her in her bassinet. "There's Dan and his sister Amy, Lena, Drake, and Emily are siblings to. Somehow we all just grouped together in my house." He scratched his head. This night just kept getting more and more confusing.

Lily looked at all of the child in alex's apartment. "you must be a great guy if the neighbors trust you with so many childern" claudia had finished her pizza and was now scooping around for her new potential friend. Claudia did not want to admit that so many new fads around her made her a bit shy, so she start to inch her way to her mother. " thats a problem with the landlord. i was under the impression that he would be here before the movers got here. Do you know any hotels around this area? We are new here and do not know our way around Thank goodness for GPS" lily smacked herself mentally for not calling ahead of time.

"Hey it's cool, you can stay here for the night, if you don't mind a screaming baby, and a terrified six year old. Luna and I where in a car accident that killed our dad and I adopted Dani because a friend of mine gave birth to her before she died." Luna noticed Claudia and ran over. "Come on the princess and the dragon are trying to find the magic castle!" She dragged the poor girl in front of the tv.

lily figured that staying with them would be better than going out into an area she was not familiar with. " thank you for the offer, if you don't mind two extra souls. Claudia was a crybaby so cute little dani is not a problem." claudia was taken back by the sheer force of luna. No one has even approached her like this. " so....... whats the princess' name?" Claudia knew they were going to be good friends.

Dan glanced at the new comers and got up. "Hey, I'm Dan and this is my sister Amy" he said motioning to Amy who was sat next to him, eating her slice of pizza. Dan held out his hand "My place is also open if needed, as long as you don't mind a couch" He said with a smile

Luna gasped "you don't know?!" She looked absolutely devastated at the very idea that someone didn't know about her favorite show. "The princess is Destiny and the dragon is Fang, and they go on really cool adventures!" She rambled on while Alex showed Lily to Luna's room "this is the only place open, Luna usually sleeps with me and the baby's to young to sleep in another room so you can stay in here."

lily acknowledged Dan with a sweet smile and a nod. " maybe me and luna can have a sleep-over mom?" Claudia had already set in her mind that she would take luna under her wing and be sort of a big buddy to the girl. "that is up to Alex honey." Lily saw that there was not much room for her in the small child bed. "since its the weekend perhaps Alex wouldn't mind you staying here." lily turned to Dan "i just might take you up on your couch offering Dan". she felt like she was being a bother to these kind fellows. If only lily had called the landlord before hand. The embarrassment was all over lil's face.

"Ah, go ahead. The baby sitter quit this morning, she couldn't handle the girls. I'll be taking tomorrow of so I can find someone else but I can watch her, Luna needs a friend." He chuckled "your all welcome here anytime." He said to the room.

lily was feeling reserved about the big move before she came. her and claudia were going from silicone valley California to florida. Learning how kind and welcoming everyone was reassured lily that this was the best choice for them. Claudia smiled wide. "yay!!! did you hear that luna?" claudia could not wait to show luna all of her dolls and bears she had still in the car. " thank you guys so much" she shook Dan and Alex's hand in gratitude. Lily never really experienced being dependent on anyone put her parents. her experience from the past year has really taken a toll on her ability trust others. This was a good start on lily's new life.

"Don't worry about it." Alex new that at first he did often look like the kind of guy he really was but he was glad people got to know him rather than judge him on his outward appearance. Dani started fussing and he moved to picked her up and calm her.

Status
Not open for further replies.