Midnight Forest

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Jay turned around and smiled as politely as possible, masking her confusion of a floating person. "Umm, yes. Yes it is. This is the Enchanted Forest Inn, where all forest unusuals can come and stay, safe from the human eye."

The floating robe sighed. "Oh thank goodness. A whole week with nowhere to go, and you kinda get irritated." Macore looked down at the other girl. "Oh, did I intrude? My apologies." He said politely. He moved back so the two could talk. He was so happy to have found a place to stay- it even got rid of some of his bad emotions.

"It's ok. Would you like to come in? It looks like it's about to rain."

Macore nodded. "Of course." He maneuvered around the two into the Inn. Then he looked slightly down at the floor, and began to think heavily. He didn't even notice Krise, who was standing next to him. He was only moving because a small breeze kept him up. Other than that, he was completely still.

Name: Jing Cent
Species: Human with powers
*Skills: Quick reflexes, telekinesis
**Elements: air
***Weakness: loyalty to friends, can't take a joke without snapping back, cannot deal with ground attacks well 9must be in air for full strength)
Appearance: Black hair, brown-red eyes, pale skin, medium height, skinny
Wardrobe/Outfit: hair is tied up in a ponytail at the top of her head, black minidress, brown jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, chunky heeled mid-calf boots

Jay walked out to the "front yard" of the inn. She knew it was going to rain, and she didn't want anyone to have to stand in the rain, so she created a small overhang above the door. "There we go. Now people won't get wet." She smiled as she went back inside, almost closing the door behind her, but leaving it open a little, so newcomers would now that they weren't closed.

Name: Sinderi Sijobu with the demon known as Agony
Species: Human/ Demon
*Skills: Inhuman speed and stamina, free control of (her own) energy, being able to drain power from her demon. Her lovely dagger/scythe.
**Elements: Fire, energy and shadow
***Weakness: Water, light, being restrained from movement.
Appearance: Black hair going just below her shoulders, when she's fighting it can change to a fiery red. Very pale skin and reaching about 5'8" in length.
Eyes: Normally either bright blue or blood red when she sences demon energy / aura or upon fighting. When the demon inside her is awake the white of her right eye will turn black.
Clothes: Most of the time a white shirt with long sleeves which fall over her hands and which is loose around her shoulders, bare feet and black shorts with small pockets.
Special thingeys: An astaroth seal burned into her left forearm and black marks/symbols on her back. Around her neck and wrist she has heavy sheckles causing her to bend forward slightly when standing.

Sinderi had just fallen asleep for the day when the first drops of water seeped through the leaves above her and hit her face. An annoyed growl came from her throat and she quickly climbed down. Just as you think you can sleep something like this has to happen.... Since she greatly disliked water she started to run until she came by what seemed like an inn. However she tried to avoid contact with other people she stepped underneath the overhang and through the door. Her red eyes nervously shot from side to side before she quickly moved over to a shady corner. Maybe something that could be seen as rude but well, that's just how she is. She had hears rumors of a guy named Black Hawk being killed around here though she did not know whether it was a true fact or not. With her hand she moved her now sticky from water black hair behind her ear letting her eyes glide over the visitors of the inn. Agony, the demon sealed inside her let his laugh echo through her head before falling back into a slumber. It was irritating how he could sleep while she was awake and in a rather uncomfortable situation. She moved the sheckles around her wrist causing the chains to make soft clinging sounds which slowly calmed her down again,

Name: Vahla Nethash Yenxephrah -
Nick-name: Vahla

Age: Unknown, but very, VERY long ago she came into existence. Looks like 17 though.

Species: Plant Nymph

*Skills: Can flow from one place to another as long as there is an opening, any size. Manipulates plants of all kinds. Can hear anything that is near a plant, I. E. if you are speaking next to a fern and it can pass that info on to another plant near it and that plant can pass the word and so on and so on...guess you would call it net-working. Can drain life and poor life into others, to a point, she has limits. Can induce lethargy, and even poison someone, but she is loath to do so.

**Elements: Earth, water but mostly plant. She gives off a strong aura of green.

***Weakness: Fire, Extreme cold and Hate.

Appearance: Dark green grasses streaked with other greens all the way to yellow (depending on mood) for hair, emerald green eyes and pearly white skin with a slight flush of pink at the cheeks are the first things you notice about her. When facing Humes or Humans, as they like to be called, she maintains an appearance of a young girl of about 17 of unearthly beauty. She always plays or prays upon the Hume desires, wishes and needs, it is instinct and can''t be helped or stopped. So you will see her almost naked but not quite, males and some females will tend to stare and become very distracted.

Wardrobe/Outfit: Always a flowing of vegetation, She clothes herself in leaves, grasses and any plant matter. It is influenced by her mood and surroundings, so that if she is happy, for example, she will have green grasses and flowers around her body. If she is unhappy then dry and brittle leaves, sticks and rotting seaweed may be seen enrobing her.

A frown came across her face, pouting her lips and furrowed her beautiful forehead as she looked at the building made of her forest. Who dared to do such a thing? It was painful for her to even come near it. Vahla could hear and feel the weeping of the trees, the agony in the bushes and she gasped again as it drove a knife in her heart. The Nymph moved forward with purpose and her anger built. Her hair responded to her feelings and became dry and brittle with autumn colors of gold and red and she smelled of fallen leaves. She flowed towards the building with intent and asked the door to open without saying a word, and it did so and she stepped into the room and looked about her, trembling with anger.

"Who dares do this thing to my charges without my permission?!" She spoke in the Old tongue of lilting, fluid musical sounds and looked about her with an angry green stare.

((How did I do? If she is too much, I can tone her down some.))

Krise stood in the center of the lounge as people started to come in. He didn't know what to do or say and was afraid of what they thought of him. He also wondered if they might mistake him for some kind of decoration. As each person came in he studied them carefully, trying to figure out what they might be or what they could do. It was hard to tell but Krise knew these people had some interesting backgrounds. He also wondered who the man was that floated next to him, and why he didn't seem like a man at all. When the Nymph barged in demanding who had created the inn, Krise knew since he was connected to the plants as well, he stepped forward.

"My apologies miss. I had no idea you owned these plants. Sorry to say that reverting the plants right now would be a bit of an inconvenience for everyone. They also tell me that you share the connection similar to mine. However you choose to listen to their agony instead of blocking it out. I can promise you that once we are done here that I will personally help these plants back to their original form."

As Krise started to take over, Jay relaxed a little. She didn't want to upset anyone, so she went around to each guest to see if the wanted a room. She came up to Macore and smiled. She didn't want anyone to know that she was starting to get worried. The rain meant the sun would come up soon, and she wasn't sure the barrier would hold up. She'd never even used that spell before! She quickly calmed herself again. "Hello again. Would you like a room? I can get you a room perfected to your ever want and need, well, almost all of them."

Sinderi kept sitting in the corner,she was growing tired and looked towards the door a few times when the nymph came in. How people could complain about minor things like that... where she came from nature didn't had a chance to grow. She tried not to move a lot hiding in the shadow for now, if the rain would stop any time soon she would be gone, even if it would get light outside. She brought her finger to her mouth and bit on it soft keeping an eye on the movements of the woman who appeared to be the owner of the place.

The Nymph closed her eyes and focused her being towards the plants that had been twisted into the shape of the building and calmed their nerves and soothed the pain as only she could do. Once that was done she asked them to please hold their shapes until she could determine what purpose was intended by this deformity of their bodies. All that the persons in the room could see of the conversation she held was the rustling of her 'leaves and grasses' around her body, the changes of color that came over her from the browns to a light green then a darker one as well as a change in smell in the room from dried fall leaves to a summer green grassy smell. When she finally opened her eyes it was like they were looking at a totally different person. Her eyes latched onto Krise in the middle of the room as if the rest of them were not even there.
"You, you are the one that did this. No one owns a plant, even though they may think so. How can you inflict such pain and not feel it? If you are 'connected' as you say. I am not connected to them, I AM them and they are me as well. They suffer and I do too. They are not toys to move about and replace as you please, the damage is done and can not be undone. Oh, yes, you may put them back to the form they once had but they will never forget the agony you have inflicted upon them this day. How will you recompence the ones you have hurt so?" Vahla raised an eyebrow to emphasize her question as well as a slight tilt of her head.

Krise was interested at this newcomer that was similar to him even if it was just that they were plant beings. He listened to the "conversation" she had with the plants but paid no heed since he was going to keep them that way one way or another, at least for now. When she asked about recompensating he answered, "I shall not. For I cannot. You see I was once plants that happily grew where I wanted, but a sorceress decided to warp me and implant magic to bring a higher consciousness to me. I have had to learn of life on my own and the pain of the plants is not my concern. I say so because no one was concerned of my pain. However I wouldn't give up this gift yet, I actually want to learn more now." It was an abrupt finish but one none the less, he looked at the nymph and wondered how she would react.

Vahla's eyes shot open wide and her brows rose in a high arch at the sheer childishness of his answer.
"You mean to say that because you personally do not hurt then it does not matter? If you go about with that kind of thinking then you can never know the true nature of things. One must be in tune with the world in order to be able to function properly."
She stepped forward with a seductive sway of hips leaving a sent of lilacs as she passed among the others to get to Krise on the other side of the room. For all the movement of the leaves, grasses and now flowers on her person, never once was one petal even left behind on the floor. The slight smell of wild onion hit the nostril as she touched his cheek like a mother to a child.
"Young one, you have much to learn of this world."
She smiled a bit as she let her hand fall away from his face.

To be honest the sweet scents coming from the nymph disgusted her, she stepped away from where she had been standing her chains making soft rattling sounds as she did. How could this woman talk about nature like this.... Once she stood she actually regret doing so but she kept moving. Whoever had senses keen enough to notice it was easy to feel the darkness around her, along with the cold touch of death. Unlike the nymph she was cold but to get out of the inn she had to pass by all the other visitors off the inn. her red eyes rested on the women for a few seconds before she moved over to the door. It was getting light outside... just great. With a irritated sigh she moved back to where she had been sitting the whole time mumbling to herself in what seemed to be a different language constantly looking at the nymph.

Jay decided maybe she'd wait to arrange rooms after the flower lady left. She walked over to the desk against the wall and leaned against it, listening intently, hoping that they would settle on an agreement soon. She didn't like the fussing.

Rise was surprised that this woman didn't yell or anything. She acted more like a mother does to a child to teach them a lesson of right and wrong. After she put her hand down he answered, "Yes I do and I'm very sorry for what I've done. Is it alright with you that we keep this inn up for now?" He hoped her answer would be yes since there seemed to be quite a few people needing a place to stay. He didn't know what he would do if she said no.

Sinderi finally felt her tiredness kick in and slowly stood up, walking to the woman which seemed to be the owner of the place. Her voice was soft with a slight tremble in it looking at the nymph every few seconds.

"Excuse me, but could I get a place to stay for the day? "

She didn't look the woman directly in her eyes afraid of what might happen if she did. Nervously she turned the shackle around her wrists. If she were to say no she had to go out and look for a good shady place like a cave. Her eyes once again went to the nymph and she took her time to observe the one she was talking to.

Jay smiled. "Of course. What kind of place do you like?" Jay motioned for her to follow her up the stairs into a hallway with no doors.

Smiling, she nodded and turned to the walls of the inn, laying a hand upon them and closing her eyes momentarily while 'asking' the plants for their permission and giving them a boost of her energy in repayment. Vahla opened her eyes and said,
"Alright, but... you are responsible for them, do you understand? Keep them fed and happy and they will do as you bid them, they have agreed to this. No harm must come to them. Do you agree to these terms then young one?"
She turned to leave then after a few seductive steps she turn back and said,
"I will be close by, in case you have need of me and to keep watch upon all of you, for I do not trust Humes, they lie as if it were second nature."
And with that the Forest Nymph exited the 'building'.