DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Hello, Iwaku! It's time for a MID-MONTH NEWSLETTER! *Cue confetti*​

SO FAR THIS MONTH (and in the home stretch of December), WE

- Saw the retirement of Diana and the official announcement of new administration! That would be me, @Jorick, and @Kitti.

- Worked with @jared555 and Atabyte to offer iwaku.org domain hosting and email address services. If you're interested in an Iwaku email or hosting a private site, go here for more information.

- Restructured Staff a little to include Primary Job Roles. You may have noticed extra banners under all the Staff avatars explaining their focus on the site. This helps us cover all the bases and helps you find the right person to deal with any issues! You can read about Staff structure and job roles here.

- Saw a Staff interview by @Minerva of yours truly. You can read that here.

- Announced this month's Miscellaneous Iwaku Storytelling Contest. The theme is "The Warrior" and you can check it out here.

- Announced the winners of the WaRP GM Contest! Congratulations again to @Effervescent, @Grumpy, @Atomyk, @rissa, and @Nue and thanks again to all of our contestants for participating.

- Had a great opportunity for an Ask Me Anything featuring Jorick. Go here to check it out.

WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW

- Iwaku is having a mass hiring drive! If you're interested in giving back to the community, please check out this announcement. If you know someone who you think is a good candidate for Staff, bring them along too.

- @firejay1 and @The Mood is Write have overhauled the Newbie Care Package! Be sure to direct any newbies you know and love their way, and never hesitate to greet newbies in the New Arrivals forum.

- The WaRP winners' prize subforums are out as of the 14th! Most of the GMs are still getting things set up, but you can find them under the Roleplay Realms category on the forum index (just under Roleplaying). We highly recommend giving them a look.

- Jorick's AMA is now officially closed for new questions. But that's okay, because I've got my own! I look forward to being spammed with troll questions!

- Introducing a new feature: RESOURCES! You might have noticed this linked in the topbar of the site. Resources are a supplement to our FAQ where Staff will be posting important information and resources for the community.

- MISC is still taking submissions until the 21st!

- Don't forget to vote for us daily on Top RolePlay Sites if you have a chance. We're currently in 5th place!

COMING SOON

- We'll be having our first UPDATE DAY of the new year on February 18th. You can expect some forum downtime as we get everything up to speed (no more than a day). One of the updates involved will be giving the forum index a facelift and reorganizing a bit! During the downtime, you can join us on our Discord server where Staff will be running some events (TBA) and generally hanging out as Diana and your admins tinker with things.

-We're also beginning planning for an upcoming fundraiser event, since the coffers are empty and renewal fees are coming up. If we get enough donations we might also add some shiny new toys! More info soon.

-Once MISC submissions close, voting will begin! Keep your eyes peeled for that voting thread. One of the best parts of the contest is getting feedback, so please read/vote/review if you have time.

- Kitti's planning on doing her own AMA when mine is over.

shiny new toys!

Oh! OH! Google Fonts!?? Oh please oh please oh please?? XD

Thanks for all the hard work, guys <3

Pretty sure it's free and just needs to be added to the stylesheets in the whitespace-laden header template.

(the amount of whitespace in any of Iwaku's page sources doesn't trigger me, oh no.)

((who am I kidding, it kinda does...))

Reactions: Celaira
Can't wait! Keep up the hard work.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth

Thanks for all the hard work, guys <3
Dude if we got google fonts I would be the happiest panda.

So excited for fancy new buttons to push though! Make sure they're extra shiny. :D

Woooooo! All the fun things! Awesome job, everyone. <3

With all these updates and fancy stuff, we're going to have the shiniest roleplay forum on this side of the net. What a team.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
This is fake news

Very exciting news for me to come back to. I'm happy I decided to stick around again. I missed this place and I feel like I chose the perfect opportunity to return.

2017 seems very promising for the site.

I'M GONNA BE A BUTT AND REMIND EVERYONE THAT UPDATE DAY BEGINS IN ABOUT 5 HOURS probably

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
*panicccccs*

SHIT *totally didn't forget about update day*

Reactions: Pahndemic
Status
Not open for further replies.