Mictlantecuhtli

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sooooo they don't appreciate you, hm? That's a shame. I think you're pretty great." he replied easily, leaning back in his seat with a grin "And I was just wondering about the job, I don't need it! I mean, I don't have credentials for literally anything! You said something about a janitor, right?"

Well! Now he was curious. The guy seemed to have some anger issues! Or, something like that. He had noticed tiny, subtle things he had been doing. Nothing he could confirm it with, of course, but enough to get him to wonder if something was up with the professor. He was sure if he pried a bit, but not noticeably, that he could find out! Trust would be a major factor, of course, but he was sure that it was a obstacle he could easily overcome. After all, Vidal had let him into his home! That was something, right?

Vidal gave a small smile at Henry's complement, but shook his head ultimately. He didn't want to get caught in another of those blame spirals. He knew that if he started blaming the department for his relationship with them that he'd only end up being more upset with them. Which wouldn't end well. He chuckled. "I wouldn't say all that. They obviously respect me enough to let me keep my position and all... I'm grateful they gave me a chance, frankly.", he smiled, deciding to change the subject entirely, before he got himself caught any further. "A-Anyway... Yes. I don't know if it's beneath you or not, but we could always use new groundskeepers. Janitors as well. It just depends on whether you prefer working outside with the natural world, or working inside, with the chemicals. Either way, the work isn't going to be very easy. I... I'm not certain exactly of the logistics, but, if you don't find the work disagreeable, it would pay more than enough of what you'd need in order to pay rent.

"I've been working with fake blood for who knows how long! I can handle it." Mic replied, before standing up and stretching "Beeesides, I need to earn my keep, yea?" He grinned over at Vidal.

He thought over, for a moment, how long he would keep this up for. He gave it a few months, tops, because that's about how long he expected this to be fun for. For laughs, he could always just announce what he was later on- the reaction would be funny. Or, well, could possibly be funny. The guy might not believe him. He wouldn't be surprised, at this point.

"Hah.. I suppose you aren't all that shy about getting dirty then." Vidal nodded, realising just how different he was from the man. Quite the opposite honestly. Vidal couldn't imagine getting anything on his clothes. Let alone doing it to make a living. "I'll be certain to get you started as soon as possible, then. You're certain you aren't uncomfortable with the position?", Vidal asked his question timidly, hoping he wasn't making the man uncomfortable or secretly uncomfortable. Finishing up with the dishes in the meantime, he placed the clean dishes back where they were intended and began working at cleaning the kitchen itself. He realised that since he now had a roommate, he could probably ask for Henry's help... But that just seemed silly to him. He'd been cleaning this apartment for months now and he didn't intend to stop! Obsessive as he was... "Feel free to go rest, Henry... You don't have to linger if you don't want to."​

Mic walked over, grinning "No way, that'd be boring! You're much more fun than resting. Need help?" he asked. He was currently operating under the mission of getting Vidal to trust and like him, since it would make things so much easier for both of them. Well, mostly him. But he supposed that Vidal could benefit from it too, in some way.

"And, yes, I'm fine with it, don't worry about the whole job thing. It pays, right? Good enough for me!" He added, raising a hand to give a thumbs up. Positivity was good, right?

Scrubbing at the kitchen counter that he'd only barely touched for a few moments, Vidal stopped when he heard Henry request to assist him. He looked a little hesitant. After all, cleaning was sort of.. his thing. There was no real way to mess it up, but the man couldn't help being skeptical, of course. But, he was offering.... And he was probably going to be in the apartment for more time than he, himself would. Best to teach him the ropes early, he supposed. "Well. Uhm... I have a very particular way of doing things, so you'll have to bear with me. But... Certainly!" All smiles again, Vidal took a washcloth and handed it over to the young man. Indicating to the kitchen counters, he pointed out the steps that he took to keep the marble shining like new. First there was a brief buffing process, utilising a very soft version of steel wool. Afterwards, he applied whatever cleaning solution he needed with a washcloth and scrubbed that into the surface. He repeated that part of the process several times, until the surface began to shine... Once that was done, he applied a coating of shining oil and rubbed that into the surface, followed by a protectant that sealed in the entire chemical process. Vidal applied this to every inch of the kitchen counter... Every single time he used it. Once he was done demonstrating, he smiled to Henry widely. "And that's how you do it! ... The process with my pots and pans is relatively similar, but I don't expect you to get a hang of that for a little while... For now, practice with this section of the counter, hm?" Looking to Henry expectantly, he handed all of the materials over to him and watched with baited breath. He was a teacher for a living, after all. This would be Henry's first pop quiz.​

He stared "...Jeez. This is a ritual in it's self. You do this every time?" he asked, glancing up. This was a bit much. He had been expecting just washing and things, but......this was actually complicated. And after every single use? He couldn't imagine doing it himself, and he'd been around a while. But, hey, he'd do it anyway. It couldn't be too hard after practicing, right? Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.