Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Pft, not me.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • What videos do you speak of? O_O

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you taking initiative and setting a wonderful example for the kids, man. Good on you.

Artificial Intelligence

(See first Video trailer if you want.)​
Name: 'Alice' (Given to her by Dr. Aniston)
About: Alice, was created by Dr. Aniston 3 months after the first incident in project Metallika. Two guards and a Scientist were killed by number 1 in a vain attempt to escape. Of course, the tin man was neutralized and disposed of. Alice was created to serve as protection and as a enforcer for the Detectives for when the Tin Men went out into the field, unlike the Kimbots that serve as guards back at base 'Alice' has a human appearance--she was created by Dr. Aniston to be a human as possible--something her colleagues consider a mistake. Alice has developed a conscious, she feels emotions, understands them and analyzes them. Sometimes it's hard to believe she isn't human.

Dr. Rutherford is her main handler, all information from Alice passes through Dr.Rutherford before reaching Dr.Aniston, unless Alice does otherwise.

the_machine_scifi_film_Caity_Lotz3_2d750ed7f615cc84df67e66000383ab0.jpg
The-Machine-screenshot.jpg

433512.jpg
machine-gun-here-s-a-dazzling-gif-gallery-for-the-machine.gif

Last edited:
My CS's are basic, I don't want to give too much away before we begin. ;) We'll begin momentarily....

About Alice's character sheet:Oh well.

Rutherford is going to spend a fair amount of time interacting with Alice then, it seems. Given their characterizations(an android that understands emotions wow), this might just become very interesting.

"so which one of you is the android" moments are also definitely due.

I'm thinking about taking on a criminal character in addition to the assistant in aim to have access to the field/action-y side of the story instead of having to always stay at the labs, but we'll see about that.

For now, anticipating the start.

Reactions: Sav
Filled this out in some fragmented time. Submitting for review.

Name:
Arthur Campbell, "The Backwater Man"

Looks:
tumblr_mvtkm3meZB1sts62eo1_1280.jpg
Not a particularly large man at 5'11'', defined facial features, curly, dark brown hair. Some find it hard to imagine him as the figure he is. Shirts and ties and thick, framed glasses, the first impression might as well be that of a well-dressed scholar or professor.

Sexuality:
Assumed heterosexual without evidence.

Crimes:
The Birchwood Brotherhood was one of the more elusive members of the underground society of the city.

It wasn't one of the largest - that title would belong to either Torch's multicontinental syndicate, or the organization led by the man who was known as Mr. Brooks. Neither did the Brotherhood carry the strongest tone of mystery and legendary value - that should be seeked for in the absurd world of online criminal activity.

The Brotherhood was small in the amount of members, and inconspicuous in carrying out their operations. Their business entailed mostly the manufacturing and trading ofa variety of goods out of regulation of the law - said goods including firearms, explosives; other, more obscure artifacts of technology, and lesser in number but no less notoriously, humans and components thereof.

The Brotherhood was one of the most respected, or perhaps, feared. Not in the sense that its existence imposed a threat - it was too…obscure, maybe, to consider a threat. It's position in the scene was less of a rival gang and more of an absurd cult of sorts. Most people don't understand them, yet approach them only for business. And they always deliver, and that was all.

Back when they were starting out, they kept themselves safe by exercising utmost caution: thorough research, elaborate procedures carefully executed for everything they do, and thus managing to stay out of the radars of law enforcement or other threats. Later on, their resources grew, and while their philosophy of operation remained unchanged, the image shifted from a wimpy, freshly founded gang staying low and struggling to survive; to one of giant clockwork in the shadows that was intimidating to no end. Negotiations, deals, deliveries? They pick the place. They get to do that because they've built up well enough a reputation that says they always succeeded in delivering what they were requested of, and that their arrangements can be trusted - at least until someone tries to double-cross, in which things tend to wind up ending terribly for the offending party.

It was never clear what the sources were of their items. It was never clear how they got their hands on the things they had. Some say that there were underground laboratories and factories producing the pieces of technology they supply, other theories are that they were either close enough with, or even had their operatives infiltrated, some of the leading manufacturers in the industry, and that there was where from they smuggled goods out. All those accounts, however, had no reliable sources and gave inconsistent names and other details.

Not many people really minded, though. With those who worry about the upstream and those who couldn't afford the prices not coming to them, the Brotherhood still managed to maintain a more than decent field of potential customers.

So in truth, no-one really knew what exactly the Brotherhood was up to. Most assumed they, like most of the groups in the circle, did it only for the profit; but ever present was the undertone that there was something else entirely going on.

Reasons:
Ending up being the man who almost singlehandedly brought up one of the most significant rising factions in the criminal circle, the young Arthur Campbell had always been a man of ambition.

He grew up wanting to be something great. He didn't really think through concerning what exactly his goal was, only that he wanted his name down in the history books. Some suggested he take up science or engineering, with his intellect and attention to detail. Others said he should study economics or politics and get himself into the seat of a great leader - a successful businessman, a powerful diplomat, a head of state. Still others popped up with few mentions that an artist was a better suited occupation, they said he had the talent.

So he kind of went for a mixture of all of those. And that mixture turned out to be worthy of the title criminal mastermind.

And why, ultimately, did he do what he did?

Because he was good at it.

Other info:
+ The "Backwater" part of his alias comes from his mother's middle name - his grandmother's last. He is known as that, as well as a handful of other identities, in his working for the Brotherhood. Most of the other members only know him by name, through the signatures in the messages he sent out, via which he monitors and controls the organization's operation.

+ The Brotherhood only ever conducts the transmission of messages through speech and paper documents, encryption, when necessary, is done either manually or in isolated computer systems safe from external attacks. Leaves much less trace, much safer.

+ The part about him looking more professor than criminal mastermind? Actually correct because that's his day job.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Filled this out in some fragmented time. Submitting for review.
Arthur Campbell, "The Backwater Man"
Allegedly in his early 40s.
Not a particularly large man at 5'11'', defined facial features, curly, dark brown hair. Some find it hard to imagine him as the figure he is. Shirts and ties and thick, framed glasses, the first impression might as well be that of a well-dressed scholar or professor.
Sexuality:
Assumed heterosexual without evidence.
The Birchwood Brotherhood was one of the more elusive members of the underground society of the city.
It wasn't one of the largest - that title would belong to either Torch's multicontinental syndicate, or the organization led by the man who was known as Mr. Brooks. Neither did the Brotherhood carry the strongest tone of mystery and legendary value - that should be seeked for in the absurd world of online criminal activity.
The Brotherhood was small in the amount of members, and inconspicuous in carrying out their operations. Their business entailed mostly the manufacturing and trading ofa variety of goods out of regulation of the law - said goods including firearms, explosives; other, more obscure artifacts of technology, and lesser in number but no less notoriously, humans and components thereof.
The Brotherhood was one of the most respected, or perhaps, feared. Not in the sense that its existence imposed a threat - it was too…obscure, maybe, to consider a threat. It's position in the scene was less of a rival gang and more of an absurd cult of sorts. Most people don't understand them, yet approach them only for business. And they always deliver, and that was all.
Back when they were starting out, they kept themselves safe by exercising utmost caution: thorough research, elaborate procedures carefully executed for everything they do, and thus managing to stay out of the radars of law enforcement or other threats. Later on, their resources grew, and while their philosophy of operation remained unchanged, the image shifted from a wimpy, freshly founded gang staying low and struggling to survive; to one of giant clockwork in the shadows that was intimidating to no end. Negotiations, deals, deliveries? They pick the place. They get to do that because they've built up well enough a reputation that says they always succeeded in delivering what they were requested of, and that their arrangements can be trusted - at least until someone tries to double-cross, in which things tend to wind up ending terribly for the offending party.
It was never clear what the sources were of their items. It was never clear how they got their hands on the things they had. Some say that there were underground laboratories and factories producing the pieces of technology they supply, other theories are that they were either close enough with, or even had their operatives infiltrated, some of the leading manufacturers in the industry, and that there was where from they smuggled goods out. All those accounts, however, had no reliable sources and gave inconsistent names and other details.
Not many people really minded, though. With those who worry about the upstream and those who couldn't afford the prices not coming to them, the Brotherhood still managed to maintain a more than decent field of potential customers.
So in truth, no-one really knew what exactly the Brotherhood was up to. Most assumed they, like most of the groups in the circle, did it only for the profit; but ever present was the undertone that there was something else entirely going on.
Ending up being the man who almost singlehandedly brought up one of the most significant rising factions in the criminal circle, the young Arthur Campbell had always been a man of ambition.
He grew up wanting to be something great. He didn't really think through concerning what exactly his goal was, only that he wanted his name down in the history books. Some suggested he take up science or engineering, with his intellect and attention to detail. Others said he should study economics or politics and get himself into the seat of a great leader - a successful businessman, a powerful diplomat, a head of state. Still others popped up with few mentions that an artist was a better suited occupation, they said he had the talent.
So he kind of went for a mixture of all of those. And that mixture turned out to be worthy of the title criminal mastermind.
And why, ultimately, did he do what he did?
Because he was good at it.
Other info:
+ The "Backwater" part of his alias comes from his mother's middle name - his grandmother's last. He is known as that, as well as a handful of other identities, in his working for the Brotherhood. Most of the other members only know him by name, through the signatures in the messages he sent out, via which he monitors and controls the organization's operation.
+ The Brotherhood only ever conducts the transmission of messages through speech and paper documents, encryption, when necessary, is done either manually or in isolated computer systems safe from external attacks. Leaves much less trace, much safer.
+ The part about him looking more professor than criminal mastermind? Actually correct because that's his day job.
Accepted.

Okay, I'll be sitting my ass down in a mo to finally right the intro the the IC Thread. Which is going to include a piece from all of my characters: Kim Aniston, The AI Alice, The Chief of Police and Maybe my criminal Charles.

On that note, to all my criminals PM me to discuss specific events for your criminal like If they're going to die or be imprisoned, are they going to escape once or twice, and so forth.

Guys I'm updating the first post, with some semi important info before we begin, feel free to check it out.

So what level is the RFID for Detectives, If they even get them.

So what level is the RFID for Detectives, If they even get them.
Haven't decided yet, if they do get them they're most likely going to have level 3 clearance--only able to access floor 3, where the Tin men are kept and occasionally train.

Haven't decided yet, if they do get them they're most likely going to have level 3 clearance--only able to access floor 3, where the Tin men are kept and occasionally train.
Alright sounds good

@CrimsonHorizons

Hey, did you post a CS yet? I'm trying to figure out if I'm blind and unperceptive or...

I think I'm finished...

It's a shitty first Post, but oh well.

None of the Criminals have msged me, therefore we're going to vote on who we fight first. Secondly, no one is playing the Chief of Police so it can be a NPC, or Someone could play the role specifically.

@four

I hope you don't mind me writing actions for Casey! I wanted to get her involved! If this bother's you please let me know and it won't happen again.

BTW IT'S BREAAAAAAAAAAAKFEASTTTTTTT

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/metalliká.85316/

Feel free to tell me what you think and ask questions!

Dat first post tho
I can make a sheet for the chief of police
Also, Kai is more of a nickname/pronunciation. Officially, it's spelled Kay.

• Love
Currently on call with my ambulance corp. When I get home I'll get to writing my first post.

Dat first post tho
Oh! I'm sorry!

Dat first post tho
Oh and yeah, Knock yourself out. :P

725085.jpg

Name: Anthony (Or Andy)Lebowitz
Sexuality: Heterosexaul
Family: Lena Lebowitz (Mother), Marius Lebowitz (Father), Ashley Marian (Sister-In-Law), Anne (Daughter, aged 11)
Personality: He's serious, and has a heavy dedication for work. While a realist, Anthony has a small sense of humor, and is a doting father.
Background: Born because his mother had too many high expectations for him, he strove to work harder than anyone else. He was always a serious child, and an even more serious adult. He doesn't really get along well with Kimberly Aniston, but deals with her because he has too.
Anthony is unmarried, divorced his wife shortly before Anne turned nine and gained custody of her.
Other: Chief of Police

Puppies for whomever replies first to the IC

tumblr_inline_mv1t25Rzm01qisk7y.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.