Metahumans in a fantasy Skyrim-like setting!? What

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ch0sen1

Original poster
"God opened the sky to man, pouring out judgement along its rim..."
0cosma.jpg

Yes, I'll admit it. This idea was born from the concept of being OP. I was playing Skyrim on the XB1 with the mods and there was this one mod that gave you custom spells and powers, some could manipulate time, some could summon boulders, winds, etc. In a world that there's minimal technology and least preparation to handle that sort of thing...I thought.

"What if superhumans were really a thing in a fantasy land? Not magic, but real actual power."

Hehe.

SO, I want to make a NON-OP based Rp from this very same concept. It will be a custom fantasy world built by myself with it's own mythos and lore. The authority system will be ran by The King/Queen who rules a given province, the Duke/Duchess who leads the military affairs for said province, and the Marquis/Marquess who serves as head of council for the King/Queen's province. I was thinking of having nine ruled provinces which means 9 kings/queens, 9 dukes/duchesses, and 9 marquis/marquess. Note that you DO NOT have to play a royal nor a ruler, and honestly it'd probably be better to not since the RP would require various travels and such throughout the provinces. Also note this universe WILL BE HUMAN RACE ONLY. No elves, no Orcs, etc. I will say there can and will be mutated humans such as ferals, vampires, warlocks, etc. Those storylines will probably be saved for the future. Right now I want the focus to be about the emerging of these superhumans in a fantasy time.

The powers will be triggered via a cosmic storm, a natural version of a particle accelerator. This storm would have released quantities of dark matter and tachyons that influenced only a select percent of the population. Of course in this universe they wouldn't be able to explain as such scientifically, and simply chalk it up to "A wrath from God" or "The universe punishing us for our humanity".

*YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE YOUR ABILITY. I PROMISE I WILL TRY NOT TO GIVE YOU A LACKLUSTER SKILL. YOUR SKILL WILL BE RANDOMIZED AND DETERMINED BY ME.*

For example, if I randomize and someone gets spoon manipulation, I'll just upgrade it to either silver manipulation or metal manipulation.

I really hope this kicks off because I think it would be fun as frick. I'm thinking of making Dragons a thing too, but VERRRRRY rare, like UFO sightings rare. My idea is 90% solid so any suggestions to fill in the 10% is welcomed. Oh! almost forgot....those that know me know I'm passionate about RPing with people who are just as excited as me, and to ensure no drama OOC and that people are going to stay true to this, I've made a sort of small screening for people to answer HONESTLY PLEASE. So if you're interested, then respond with the questions answered, and any additional things you wanna add/ask! ^_^

Please get interest!!! <3

1. How much will you want to post for this?
  2. How much CAN you post for this?
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you?
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story?
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say:
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP?

Reactions: Dovahkiin
I'm willing to bite! I do have a few questions, in that will it be a sandbox kind of rp or will there be a chance that we could explore the world and metahumans in a fantasy world concept in a more event-focused episodic or arc-like way? I could see random peasants suddenly gaining super-strength while chopping wood one morning or even a king accidentally turning his court to stone with an unfortunately placed 'be still!' just when he gained his powers.

So yeah, interested, but hungry for more info!

1. How much will you want to post for this? Probably every single damn day this sounds amazing
  2. How much CAN you post for this? Realistically, I can post two--maybe three--times a week.
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? The setting, the actual good reason behind the superpowers, the fact that the powers are randomized
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? As long as it goes, unless something in my life crashes in and smacks me in the face before tackling me to the ground (i.e. I'm forced to take a prolonged respite from Iwaku altogether)
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: "You've probably noticed I'm less than orthodox; I prefer to stay outside the boundaries of human expectations."
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? The idea of dragons really intrigues me, and I feel like it could end up being a plot point. I think overall this roleplay concept has a lot of potential to go many different ways, and I honestly would probably be excited for all of them. xD
Question! Do you have an idea of where you want to go for the first "story arc"? I know that they'll get their powers and everything, which already causes tension and slight chaos, but do you have something in store beyond that? You don't have to reveal what it is; I just want to make sure you have at least a general plan of where you want to go. :D (I'm assuming you do, but I feel it doesn't hurt to ask, anyways)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm interested.

Definitely interested in something fresh.

1. I'd probably want to post three or four times a week.
  2. I probably can post twice a week for sure and maybe more depending on external factors.
  3. Trying to navigate the life of a meta-human character in a setting where there is no proper explanation for their abilities.
  4. However long it lasts.
  5. I would try but I need more info before I could get a good read on what type of character I'd like to throw around. I'll throw a line or two on the CS if you move forward ;)
  6. Trying to play as someone who has absolutely zero idea why their life has changed, and struggling to maintain normalcy in a world that has zero answers for said character.

Reactions: ch0sen1
  1. Twice or more a week, assuming my muse allowed such a thing.
  2. Realistically, my muse hates me, but I can guarantee at least once a week.
  3. Dark matter and Tachyons of course. On a more serious note, the fact that such a thing is given purpose in a fantasy setting is extremely intriguing.
  4. As long as humanly possible, as long as nothing serious in life pops up I'd stick it out to the end.
  5. I'm afraid I can't, like Radio Jelly(also, haii Radio!you probably don't remember me) without more information I won't know what sort of character I would be throwing into the mix.
  6. Of course, having a character in a fantasy realm is exciting in and of itself, but having a character in said realm suddenly develop abilities without known cause makes it even more so.

Don't be silly Ruby! I don't forget players often and certainly none from Evertrue. Hopefully this takes off so we'll get the chance to play again.

I didn't think my presence was significant enough to remember, I don't leave much of an imprint on people usually XD

I'm willing to bite! I do have a few questions, in that will it be a sandbox kind of rp or will there be a chance that we could explore the world and metahumans in a fantasy world concept in a more event-focused episodic or arc-like way? I could see random peasants suddenly gaining super-strength while chopping wood one morning or even a king accidentally turning his court to stone with an unfortunately placed 'be still!' just when he gained his powers.

So yeah, interested, but hungry for more info!
I always do big-idea RPs like this in plot arcs, sort of like a series. And yeah the people selected will be randomized in the world but it won't be that many.

Reactions: Taureine
  1. How much will you want to post for this? Probably every single damn day this sounds amazing
  2. How much CAN you post for this? Realistically, I can post two--maybe three--times a week.
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? The setting, the actual good reason behind the superpowers, the fact that the powers are randomized
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? As long as it goes, unless something in my life crashes in and smacks me in the face before tackling me to the ground (i.e. I'm forced to take a prolonged respite from Iwaku altogether)
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: "You've probably noticed I'm less than orthodox; I prefer to stay outside the boundaries of human expectations."
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? The idea of dragons really intrigues me, and I feel like it could end up being a plot point. I think overall this roleplay concept has a lot of potential to go many different ways, and I honestly would probably be excited for all of them. xD
Question! Do you have an idea of where you want to go for the first "story arc"? I know that they'll get their powers and everything, which already causes tension and slight chaos, but do you have something in store beyond that? You don't have to reveal what it is; I just want to make sure you have at least a general plan of where you want to go. :D (I'm assuming you do, but I feel it doesn't hurt to ask, anyways)
Yes, the first arc is mainly solidified already, and it will involve around rescuing a royal figure from being stranded because of the storm. That's how it will start, and then the plot will rise from there.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
@Radio Jelly @Ruby. @kimsim12 you guys will be accepted if this moves to OOC/CS Phase. Your answers for not having a character quote is very reasonable and thus you can wait until the CS.

1. How much will you want to post for this?
    Couple times a week, if possible.
  2. How much CAN you post for this?
    A little less than once a week, assuming posting is going smoothly.
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you?
    I could easily say it's because I love skyrim and superpowers. Honestly? It's because I am wanting to take a risk. If I end up with a superpower I don't usually use that I plan on using that to my advantage in the character development process.
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story?
    5ever.
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say:
    You see that mammoth? Watch this...
    or
    By tits of Mara!
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP?
    Organic roleplaying with other/new peeps. =D

1. How much will you want to post for this? Daily
  2. How much CAN you post for this? Every other day(?) hopefully
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? Superhumans, fantasy world, Skyrim (don't know much about it but interested).
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? As long as it goes unless pwned by life.
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: I'm not yet sure what kind of character I would make yet >.<. I'll have to mimic some others and say that I would need to be further in with more info first.
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? Dragons, superhumans, fantasy world, fun rpers.

• Love
  1. How much will you want to post for this? Daily
  2. How much CAN you post for this? Every couple of days, realistically
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? Superhumans in a fantasy setting
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? Until either me or my character die, whichever comes first
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: I'd like to wait on Sign ups.
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? Interesting lore. I do enjoy a good bit of political/lore drama with my action.

• Love
  1. How much will you want to post for this? What an odd inquiry. As often as I can, considering I work full-time. /cries;
  2. How much CAN you post for this? On a good day, once or twice a day. On a bad week, 3 times a week.
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? I am enamored by the idea of superhuman abilities during a fantasy / older time period. Love it.
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? How do I even answer this? As long as it's alive?
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: Ugh well I'm really hoping I can make more than one character but if I had to quickly think of one character I'd create, he'd say something like, "Either your mask will break... or you will."
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? The fantasy aspect and the chance to experience writing with people I don't know. Group rp's are the beeest.
By the way if you're still looking for a twin sister, pm me so we can go over details.
I'm pretty down for that, if it's something that works for myself and you. That's it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  1. How much will you want to post for this? I'll want to be drawing up a post or two every day, not that I will, it'd be dependent on the other people posting. I constantly want to move forward and love being productive, I only ever slow down when the rest of the group slows down.
  2. How much CAN you post for this? I'm taking a break from school and will be working normal hour weeks, so I'll be able to post a lot for this provided I have no health problems. My internet connection is going to be spotty back at home so I'll be looking to RP much more than to play games.
  3. What about this RP idea intrigues you? I recall being in an RP written by you before and was absolutely astounded with the amount of thought and intrigue you put into it. Not to mention, I love when a beloved genre gets a new twist. I like mixing sci-fi and fantasy elements like those mixed here, and have never seen these two things mixed in such a way, so I am really curious to how it will go.
  4. How long would you be willing to RP in this story? As long as the story keeps moving! I feel the need to finish what I start, and will do everything in my power to keep it going until it finishes, maybe even enough for a friggin sequel.
  5. If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say: "Sweetheart, I'm nowhere near as cruel as you think I am, it's just you're not worthy to be in my plane of existence." (In response to men upset to be turned down)
  6. What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP? I'm a sucker for star-crossed lovers and a bad guy that's relatable enough that it's hard not to want to be on his side.

@ch0sen1 I have a couple questions for you(and I'm gonna use a pretty pink because I feel jealous of all the pretty colors being used =^.^= )

1. [BCOLOR=#000000]Do you have a preference on images?(anime/art/real?)[/BCOLOR]
  2. [BCOLOR=#000000]If this takes off, how did you plan on it starting? After the storm happened? Or before?(I think it would be interesting to actually go through the experience of the storm, rather than just say it happened)[/BCOLOR]
  3. [BCOLOR=#000000]Expanding on the above question, after the storm, will everybody get their abilities at the same time? Or will it be more like the Meta's of the Arrowverse where they emerge at seemingly random after being exposed?[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Reactions: SoleStride
@Ruby.
I use the black background, so I can see it well enough, but I'm sure all the other backgrounds are having to highlight in order to read :(
Maybe try this color (# ff3333 or simply f33) instead?

How much will you want to post for this?
1 - 3 times per week, or in sequence (after another individuals post).

How much CAN you post for this?
Finals will be ending soon, so I will have plenty of time to post here and there. I can also make time during the second semester of college to post for an RP.

What about this RP idea intrigues you?
Superhuman ability in a medieval setting. Never tried out this kind of idea before, and it seems very intriguing!

How long would you be willing to RP in this story?
As long as it goes on. Looking to finish an RP and say "Damn, I loved that ending!"

If you were to make a character for this, please put a quote such character would say:
"Knowledge is power, therefore in order for those of the upper echelon to stay in power, what must they do? LIE, LIE, LIE! Spread lies and half truths so that the peasants stay peasants, and the kings stay kings! How do you think we have been in rule for so long... hmm? Surely it is not because of our 'policies' and 'laws.' No... coerce them into thinking what you WANT them to think, and everything will be easy from there on out..."

What's something that would make you excited to experience in this RP?
Similar to the quote above, using some sort of misinformation or belief against another person. I love it when what someone is thinking is just completely flipped around and turned back on them.

@Ruby.
I use the black background, so I can see it well enough, but I'm sure all the other backgrounds are having to highlight in order to read :(
Maybe try this color (# ff3333 or simply f33) instead?
I can see how my color option might be an issue on other backgrounds, I keep forgetting there's more options than the black one ^.^'' I fixed it, without changing the color(added a black background to the text), though that red is really pretty I do prefer shades of pink =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.