Mercenary Academy

Lyxia looked at the window, the trees going by as they rode farther and farther out of the city. Within the hour, they were dropped off, told to go into the nearby shack and there would be our client. Lyxia wasn't feeling good about this, but she had John with her. And she had a weapon with her, in case anything bad might happen.

She walked into the shack, seeing a man sitting across a table with 2 chairs in front of it. Lyxia sighed. This was so freaking cliche....She took a seat and shook the client's hand.

"Before we agree on the payment, let me tell you what needs to be done....There is a band of theives that have been tormenting me for the past 3 weeks. They have even taken my daugher not yesterday, but the day before yesterday. I want you to find their hideout and spy on them, try to find out if they have my daughter...The objective is to find out if they have her and if they do, get her back....Now, what would you want for payment?"

Lyxia thought about it.

"You can't put a price on the life of your daughter, but it will be tough to retrieve her....10,000 dollars at least..."

The client put a suitcase on the table.

"That's fine....I'll pay whatever you want. Just see if they have her and if they do, please get her back...."

Lyxia nodded, shaking his hand.

"We will do our best sir..."

An assistant at best in this field, John simply sat next to Lyxia, face blank and void of all feeling. Emotion was not necessarily a part especially needed for the job, in his humble opinion, and as such, he had blanked them out to as much an extent s possible for him. His mind, however had various thoughts run through it - some may have made people question his morals, but he would have been silent regardless, considering the situation.
This is business, what do you mean a price cannot be put on his daughter? We need money. He can give us money. He wants his daughter back. We charge for his daughter. Though, I suppose we don't want to make a bad impression... Regardless, I suppose I can't be trusted with a weapon. This is a recon mission. If i have an accident with whatever I carry, that's never good. This makes little difference - I have a job to do.