Mentoring Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for: Advising mentor..or both advising/intensive but definitely NOT just intensive.

Experience Level: Started roleplaying about 7 years ago.

Weak Point/s: I'm terrible at describing things, my characters are fairly developed but I have trouble keeping them aware of their surroundings. I tend to repeat things, or reword things in my posts just to make them longer. I never really use big vocabulary, and I'm sure I sound deficient most of the time. Um, so pretty much I feel like I need to work on detail in posts, and stuff like that. I'm sure whoever chooses me could tell me more of my weak points.. I'm so up for constructive criticism.

I feel that I need to point out that I don't do group roleplays at all, just onexone. Just a heads up.

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Intensive Mentor (patient) or advising. One to RP with

Experience Level: None; It'd be my first time roleplaying

Weak Point: I feel my writing has no character and descriptions maybe be confusing, repetitive, or unnecessary. I guess exposing me to new vocabulary would be a big help.
Making a creative plot with interesting characters would be nice ^^

Other: I think starting off with perhaps something Sims 3 related would get me comfortable.
Expanding my writing skills with "mature" scenes can come later.

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking For: Intensive Mentor (patient) with a bit of advisement.
Experience Level: Approximately about 2-3 years on and off. I usually do mature or romance role-plays. Basically still a newbie.
Weak Point: Descriptions, creating plots/different themes and characters, expressing myself/ideas and emotions within my writing, mainly details. Usually I do one on one role-plays, never tried groups, but I'm willing. Criticism I can handle. Really want to broaden my writing and role-play skills.

CLAIMED BY SCARLETTE

Looking For: Intensive or advising, both would be beneficialExperience Level: Writing: 3 years
Weak Point: I would like to improve my first person narrative, humor, descriptions, and ability to paint a better picture of what is actually going on in my character's eyes. I also need to work on things like what should and shouldn't be repeated in my posts that have already been said in previous posts, aka my character's reactions to current events.
Optional: I really do enjoy Grumpy's posts. If he would have me, I'd be grateful.

CLAIMED BY GRUMPY

Hehe.... Well.... Here goes:
Looking for: Intensive.
Experience Level: I have been RPing for about 2 years.
Weak point: ​I need to be more detailed. No matter what I write, I seem to be unable to be detailed. D:
Optional: Hehe, I'd like to request Layne. I'm fine with whoever, though.

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

looking for: idk Experience Level: basicly nothing I rped like 3 years ago I think but anything I had is gone Weak point: everything

CLAIMED BY YUE

Layne
Mentoring Style: Intensive and Advising
Experience Level: About 5 years
Strong Point: Detail - getting in all of those descriptions that make it easy to visualize what you're going for! Also, elongating posts and integrating thoughts and actions together smoothly.
Weak Point: Not very experienced with sci-fi roleplays or steampunk, even though both interest me a little. Also, can give a little advice on sparring but would rather stay away from it since I'm not the greatest.
Availability: OPEN
Slots: [Desi_Ichi_Granz]
[_] [_]
Apples:

I am requesting this person please. ^_^ She sounds absolutely amazing AND... >:D I lahve the colours. ^_^

THANK YOU!!

Lets see. I have been roleplaying for..... -counts- 6 years! Or so... Maybe... o_O eh... Maybe more? Ok... I usually have really scattered thoughts and have LOTS of trouble connecting things or making things sound as awesome on paper as they do in my head.

I also have trouble making my posts long, for the simple fact that I get overly excited and eager and I run out of details. I REALLY wish I could be that person that could make someone see their character in their head without having to google an image and attach a link to my characters name. >_<

Anyways, please, Layne? -hopeful- 0~0

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

Looking For: Yes.
Experience Level: 14 years
Weak Point: Grammar… I am using a book to better that already however. It’s called “Elements of Style” by Strunk & White. I’d like it if the person whom ‘gets me’ knows me. I don’t like strangers…. Most of the ‘mentors’ would know if they know me.
Request: Iliana

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Looking For: Advising Mentore
Experience Level: 5 Years
Weak Point: Gamemastering. I really need help with the management and imaginative thought processes of it.
Request:

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking For: I'm not sure what the difference is so I'll just say: Whatever I can get.
Experience Level: Only a few years.
Weak Point: Honestly, I can not say where my weaknesses and where my strengths lie. I guess I can say I lack all qualities in general. Most of the time I start decent but after time it goes on and falls flat. I'm not sure if it's the fact I get bored with the story or if I'm just not sure how to continue writing. I saw a thread post in the academy called "Cut the Shit" and I have found myself victim to doing that sort of thing. Well I guess you'd call it describing when it's already been described fully. In admitting that, I find it boring to always go on with short sentences since you've already described the room, clothing, the actions, and so on...

~ I had a friend in the past who "helped" me but they ended up just not even trying and left me to continue their own role plays. So please... I really don't want someone to do this. If possible I would like a Mentor that will see how I write, help me from there, and even check up on me every once in a while. No I'm not asking for a bloody parental figure on mentoring just a dedicated teacher like person. ~

Thank you.

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: New to RP and would love to learn some awesome skills
Weak Point: One on one RP, I think I would do well in group RP but that has yet to be determined.
Saying something out of character or being repetitive with the character/no development. Knowing the difference between the two.

CLAIMED BY DAVION

Looking for: Intensive/ Advising Mentore.

Expserience Lvl: 5-6 years.

Weak point:I want to learn more about this sites coding.

Opsional: Rubix seems to be the best person for the job, if he's up to it that is.

CLAIMED BY TETSURI

Looking For: Intensive mentor
Experience Level: one year in Italian, but I just started roleplaying in English
Weak Point:
I don't think I'm very good at descriptive scenes, nor plot development, and I would really like to improve character development (sometimes I get the feelings all my characters are similar...)
Optional:
Tetsuri

CLAIMED BY TETSURI

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Looking For: Intensive Mentor /Advising Mentor :I could use two in one if you can get that.
Experience Level: 10 years on and off depending on Real Life issues.
Weak Point: Grammar is a weak point, I miss those little things. Also basic switch on speech and things happening. My point on speech is we don’t use full on sentence in everyday talk when it comes to Real Life….we tends to speak in fragments. So when writing, I think more real world setting but a lot of role plays or rpers don’t like that…
Optional: I can and will give samples of my writing.

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Looking For: Either one is fine, but maybe an intensive mentor would fit me more.

Experience Level: On and off for about 5 years

Weak Point: What I'd like to improve the most is plot- and character-development, and describing environments etc. I would also like to improve my ability to come up with ideas for new roleplays/being more creative (I guess this would be the same as plot-development, almost?).

Optional: One more thing I'd like to mention, is that I don't live in an English-speaking country (and therefor I may not have as developed language as others). And if possible, that's something I'd like to improve as well. As for who does the mentoring, anyone who feel like they can help me is fine by me.

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level: About 4 years, but I'm still learning.
Weak Point: My posts lack detail unless it comes to fighting, even then, I jump through the details and I only somehow manage to make 1-2 paragraph posts, if that.
Optional:Pheonix

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking For: Advising Mentor...... ect
Experience Level:
1 day joke 2 month`s
Weak Point: hate to say but every thing is my weak point....... T.T

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: A few years, on and off. I would like to think that I am a solid intermediate in skills.
Weak Point: I tend to gloss through details and lose interest rapidly as a result. I would like to work on my post lengths as well. I would like help in character building, as well...

CLAIMED BY DAVION

Looking For: I'll go with Advising. There are people that needs intensive a lot more than me.
Experience Level: It's too sporadic to even count as experience. Frankly it would go for about 2 years, but still...
Weak Point:
Everything, really. I don't know anything about plots, Or the the combat scenes. I usually do Arena Rps, But I want to try to Be better in anyway, grammar included, since, it's a bit fastidious to deal with... D:

In short, I would like to Get used to social Roleplay, instead of Constant Arena.

And I need to Be able to write more than a short few-liner. XD

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: intensive Mentor
Experience Level:
A few years
Weak Point:i need more work on describing things

I would like Celestialis as my mentor

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Status
Not open for further replies.