Mentoring Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking For: Intensive Mentor I guess, if advice comes along with it =)
Experience Level: I don't really remember, for about year and a half to two years, about 3-5 years ago, but it wasn't in English. I also write a bit on my own.
Weak Point: I haven't written for some time now, so experience for sure, so I'm not really sure. I'd like a mentor who can recognize some of my weaknesess that I miss. I guess that I'm no that good at writing long posts, dialogues and I lack experience in writing in almost everything except for historical fantasy settings. I just want to improve all of my writing skills and abilities. ^^
Optional: From mentor descriptions I think Rubix would be best, but if someone else really wants to be my mentor (I know you're all just dying to get a chance =P ), I'm also k with that. Oh, also, if I find out later on that I don't like you or if I find your advice not really usefull for me, I'm going to change mentors. =)

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Either but I'm more leaning towards Intensive.

Experiance:
Well, I'm not sure exactly how many years I've been roleplaying, but I know it's been a lot, as in, probably more then four or five years.

Weak Spots:
I am fine with coming up with story plots, but when it comes to the characters that make up the plot, that's where I have the trouble. Describing them, their history, ect. I guess my weakness is getting good descriptive characters for my roleplays and making my posts longer, seeing as they have gotten shorter.

Optionial:
I am just looking for anyone who can help me make my writing better!

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: I'm notreally sure which would work better for me t learn from. I'm thinkin probably both at one point.

Experience Level:
I've been RPin for about 4 years now but I haven't really gone a whole lot in depth because the only people I could find to Role play with were 13-16...and they didn't ever go a whole lot in depth. I was always told I went into to much detail and it took me to long to post and that I don't have to make a plot for everything. I've actually started my own Role playing site because I couldn't find any other place I liked,untill now, to play.

Weak Point:
Mostly fighting style, scenes, descriptions. I've never actually done these before because 13-16 year old girls...tend to think about romance more than any kind of action. I've always been interested in these but have yet to get to even find someone to do them with as well as no idea how to describe what moves I'm seeing in my head. I have problems with...really really long sentences (as you have probably noticed) and lingering descriptions. I'd Maybe like to learn to play a villain...but I'm not really sure you can teach that... I would be very appreciative if you can help me with even one of these problems.

thanks very much ;)
Zena

CLAIMED BY TETSURI

Looking for: Intensive Mentor

Epierience 3yrs

Weak point: Staying Motivated and Getting Ideas down in a Comprehensible manner.

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: a few years
Weak Point: Details. After about one sentence I run out of things to say.

CLAIMED BY TETSURI

Looking For: Advising Mentor - (anyone who can help me learn how to Rp better or just tell if its good or really BAD! :(
Experience Level: erhm id say a bout a year but might as well say a few months as i aint roleplayed every day only here and there
Weak Point:
may be to repetitive, insecure about what i write(Feel like what i write aint good) Just Need help lol

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking For: A mentor
Experience Level: About one to two years
Weak Point: Making a plot for an RP, Grammar could be improved,
could do with some tips to keep an RP interesting and
Would like
to improve greatly in describing what's going on, the background of RPing and
find it hard to join a RP when multiple replies have already
been posted

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking for:Intensive Mentor

Experience level: I don't have a straight count, so.... 3 years roughly. Mostly chat RPs.

Weakpoint: Definitely character creation. Forum role play is still a bit new to me, so working out the logistics of everything is something I should work on. Aside from that, I feel as though I don't give anything entertaining, or anything additional to the story line to move it along aside from simply stating things.

Thank you!

CLAIMED BY ZEN

Here goes...

Looking for: Either, a friend to give me pointers and advice!

Experience: Six years of serious roleplay, eight years total.

Weakpoint: Player interaction. I'm looking for someone to give me advice on being a GM of my own roleplays, and maintaining good relationships with my players. Advertising, organization, and planning could also use work. My main problem is that people don't really seem to like me or my RPs- or they'll like me and not my RP, or they'll like my RP but not me, then we end up not getting along and the IC gets affected. Keeping people's interest (preventing people from always dropping out of my RP's), catering to the players, making the story appealing, etc. As for IC, I feel like I'm left out when I'm not, or I wonder why no-one is replying to me, or I want my character to be in the spotlight, and otherwise being an IC whore. : / I admit it.

CLAIMED BY SPACIOUSSPACE

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: Somewhat seriously? Eh...a little under a year.
Weak Point: I am a horrible horrible one liner. Please forgive me.

CLAIMED BY JACK SHADE

Looking For: (Please specify if you would like an Intensive Mentor to RP with directly or an Advising Mentor to give you counseling!) I would Intensive Mentor to RP with directly.
Experience Level: (How long have you been RPing?) For about 5-7 months, forgot how long.
Weak Point: (What do you think is your biggest issue in writing? Where would you like to improve?) My biggest issue is the fight scenes, because I can't think of much new moves or good responses to attacks.
Optional: (Would you like to request a specific Mentor from our Listing? Name them here. Make sure the Mentor you're requesting is available!)

Rubix

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level: About 8 months I think.
Weak Point: Character and Plot development

CLAIMED BY TETSURI

looking for: intensive mentor
expariance level: about 6 or 7 years
weak point: being decritive

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: i would like an Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: About a year now I guess
Weak Point:
Let's just say I get writers block constantly and end up typing like one or two sentences while the other person is typing a book -.-'''

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Looking For: (Please specify if you would like an Intensive Mentor to RP with directly or an Advising Mentor to give you counseling!) Intensive
Experience Level: (How long have you been RPing?) 1 year
Weak Point: (What do you think is your biggest issue in writing? Where would you like to improve?) Post length, detail, developing a story, combat, developing a character

CLAIMED BY GRUMPY

Looking for:Any kind of mentoring.
Experience level: A couple months.
Weak point: Character development, plot and fight scenes.

CLAIMED BY TEMPLARHUNTER

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level:
I haven't roleplayed in at least five years. I was around 13-15 when I did. I'd say I've lost all experience if I even had any.
Weak Point:
I'm assuming I have everything to work on. I'd like it if my mentor could help me point them out.

Thank you very much!

CLAIMED BY TEMPLARHUNTER

Okay..yeah.Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: Well, i'm a newb(or say I SAY) at Rping~ Been Rping for 5 months now!
Weak Point: I have no interest in mature Rp~ Well, I want to improve in righting battle skills? I want to improve in writing out the characters emotions such as anger and fear...

CLAIMED BY ORION

Looking for: Adviser mentor
Experience level: 7-8 years
Weak point: I have trouble writing up diverse characters, and separating myself from them well enough to give them their own personality. I also find that I attach more easily to some characters than others. Whereas I can write a page for one character, I may struggle with two smallish paragraphs for another, before going back to a page for the first again.

CLAIMED BY MALKUTHE

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level
: Six years
Weak point: Character development and detail in posts

CLAIMED BY MALKUTHE

Status
Not open for further replies.