Mentoring Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking For: Intensive and Advising Mentor
Experience Level: 4 years or more...do not remember.. Started at 13 but its been an on/off kind of thing.
Weak Point: Details, I do not know... I want to find out.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: Lets say im in this around 5 months but not very intensivly so we can formally say around 2 months.
Weak Points: My grammar is more than very bad...Peoples got problems with understanding what im writing, and problems with being able to propetly continue roleplay (often losing line and losing idea how to continue and beacose of this forced to take longer breaks to think about even short posts...)

So who is enough brave to help the helpless one?...

CLAIMED

Experience Level: 5 years if you count 14. xD <3
Weak Point:
I put too much detail into my roleplay, so maybe my weak point is adding too much detail?

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: About two years
Weak Point: Development of characters through plot, narrative and just overall flow of an RP.

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Advising or Intensive mentor...I think it's more toward advising?
Experience Level: start 3 years ago, getting intensive 1 year ago :3
Weak Point: I could do fairly well in OnexOne, but I think I fail in group RP T_T precisely, I want to improve on
-getting more involved in group RP
-if starting a group RP, how can we keep on plot with people coming and going?
-if joining a group RP, how to stay on plot with what the initial creator thought?
-hmm...I don't know. Even cats can't tell its own weakness comprehesively X<

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level: I've been RPing for 8 years on and off. =X
Weak Point: I would love to learn how to do combat in RPs. It just seems like everything's happening at the same time, so how can you fit everything in?!
Optional: Orion's the only one who put down combat, so I'll request Orion. =D

CLAIMED BY ORION

Looking For: Either Advising or Intensive, whatever works for the mentor

Experience Level: For about a year; more lurking than actual roleplaying.

Weak Point:
Knowing how much is too much, moving the plot along (I tend to be more of a tentative writer), dialogue (the technical aspects of the right way to format it), expressing character ideas.

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Looking For: (Please specify if you would like an Intensive Mentor to RP with directly or an Advising Mentor to give you counseling!)
Intensive
Experience Level: (How long have you been RPing?)
Been RPing for about 2 years in Secondlife. I'm looking to expand out to forum based or plain text based through the chat system here.
Weak Point: (What do you think is your biggest issue in writing? Where would you like to improve?)
I'd say my biggest weak point is keeping focus mid-post. I'd also like to learn to lengthen as well as 'beef up' my posts with better descriptions and a better, more expansive vocabulary.

CLAIMED BY ZEN

Looking For: I'm looking for both an Intensive mentor as well as an Advising mentor.
Experience Level:
I've been RPing for about nine years now. Four of which I was RPing online but I stopped. The last five years I've been table top RPing.
Weak Point: My weak points are, a bit in abundance. I'm a little rusty with online RPing so I need someone to help me get back into the swing of things. Also I was never really good with combat scenes, narrative and I need to work on putting the right amount of detail into my posts.

CLAIMED BY ORION

Experience Level: 7 years
Weak Point: I am not able to get people to join group RPs that I make up. Even though I am told by many that the ideas I get are great, I end up with low interest. I don't know whether the problem is in the name of the RP that it is not "catchy" or something else.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Intensive, with advice thrown in along with it.
Experience Level: Seven years.
Weak Point: Writing introductions, keeping a roleplay truckin' along. In-depth plotting. I also feel like I have issues with making my posts make sense sometimes. I know what I want to say, but it comes out clunky and really very sad. Also character inconsistencies in their personalities. I'm really bad at keeping characters in-character. I'd also like to learn how to make my posts longer without turning into purple prose.

CLAIMED BY RUBIX

Looking For: Either, i just need help... XD
Experience Level: A couple of months, but then i stopped for a couple of months and my memory is abit dull.
Weak Point: Creative Characters, stretching my thoughts into more than a sentence, and my overall writing skills can be improved.

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Intensive mostly, with maybe a bit of Advising thrown in.
Experience Level: I've been role-playing for up to 8 years, but its been in mainly one genre.

Weak Point: My weak point would definitely have to be combat. Someone will give me a wonderful post full of detail on a specific attack that their character is preforming, and I'll have this picture in my brain about what I want to happen or what I want to reply with, but I have trouble translating that into the role-play. I need help in putting my ideas into writing.

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking For: Advising and Intensive
Experience Level: 7 Months
Weak Point: RP combat & GMing. However I would like general improvement in all areas.
Optional: I would like to request to be mentored by Pheonix and/or Zen.

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Hello! I'm awfully excited about this because I always appreciate advice :)

Looking For: I would say an Intensive Mentor, because I think it would be more beneficial for me and the mentor to see exactly what I'm doing.

Weaknesses: Details, details, details! I do not think I am as descriptive of surroundings as I would like to be. I tend to focus more on dialogue, which is fine, I would just like to improve describing the areas my character is in. Also fight scenes, whether it is with a weapon it hand to hand combat. I haven't written many of those and I would like to improve that.

Rp Experience: I've been writing all my life but I didn't find out about rp sites until last October, so I'm a newb to most of it :)

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Looking For: Either Intensive or Advisor Mentor~
Experience: 8 years? On and off though
Weak Points: Carrying the plot along and combat x.x but just anything really
Optional: I would like to request Iliana, but I'm happy with whoever ^^

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: Messing around with my friends... not much basicly
Weak Point: I'm not sure exactly, basically
I can write a story alright but I don't know what I'm doing in terms or Forums and Posting. Also my characters tend to be pretty basic, descriptions are a bit below where I would like them, or I focus on them too much. I need to find a balance I guess.

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

I am looking for an intensive mentor.
I have no RP experience. My apologies for that.
My weak point i suppose would be lack of skill and self consciousness

CLAIMED BY KAMI

Looking For: Intensive, preferably.
Experience Level: ~ 8 years, but I've barely roleplayed at all in the past two to four years.
Weak Point: My biggest issue is that I'm afraid I'm really rusty. Because it's been a couple of years where I've been too busy to commit to much time to roleplaying, I'm worried that I'm not up to date with or some such nonsense. Mostly, I'm just not super confident and would like to have someone just give me a thumbs up.
Optional:
I don't have any preference for a mentor. : )

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking: Either or is fine... I'm not sure which would be able to help me more.
Experience Level:I can honestly say I have role played all my life. Physically role played when I was a kid to Pokemon. From there I began to write and became interested in written role playing. I even began to write poetry and stories using the experience, then had. I haven't touched my writing nor role playing in about two years. I thought I could just jump straight back into it like I've done before... Didn't happen.
Weak Point: I realized that I tend to worry about the actions of my characters too much. There are times, I see myself trying to throw in what else is happening but it seems to just not fit. My problem is I lost interest in writing and role playing because I was facing personal drama that just caused writers block. After two years of writers block, I'm like fresh meat all over again. I know how to write but I can't seem to show my abilities of writing anymore. Also, first person has never been my friend when writing. When I used to write I was a grammar and a spelling freak. It had to be written correctly (on my side of the rp or own stories) or I would literally freak out. I honestly can't say what happened to me. I guess the writers block took a real big hit on me... I hope someone understands and can help me. It's really getting to me that I forgot how to do one of my favorite hobbies. (And they say you can't forget how to ride a bike once you learn... Pfft, Whatever.) I also can't seem to be able to describe things like I used to. I mean... I can even show how I used to write. I 'think' I saved a few of my pieces...

On a side note, I have forgot to write stories and role plays but have not forgotten how to right papers for school. I just finished my psychology class and he was surprised to see professional written papers. He was also glad to see a student could think outside the box and write as well... I don't have any idea how I can do that but not be able to write a simple story. I used to also be someone that people would get pissed at for writing about 2-3 paragraphs each time. Now I only tend to write one. Minus the few that I did actually write 2-3 paragraphs. Help?

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

Status
Not open for further replies.