DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
MENTOR LISTING

Meet our Mentors! Here you can see a full list of our active participants in the Mentoring program, as well as their strengths, weaknesses, availability, and feedback from students. (Don't forget to give Mentors an Apple if they've been especially helpful!)

[CERU]Cerulean[/CERU]
Experience Level: Six years
Strong Points: Tone, Character Creation, Idea Creation, Dialog, Humor, Imagery
Weak Points: Grammar/spelling mechanics, using compelling vocabulary (without a thesaurus)
I am able to help with the following:
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Apples: Ѽ Ѽ

CrimsonMaiden
Experience Level:
Some on and off months, recently 5 to 6 years straight.
Strong Points: Character development, relationships, dialogue, personalities; getting into character and mostly anything character based; romance, adventure, originals, short-term planning, outlining.
Weak Points: Setting, long term-plot work, yaoi, yuri, mature roleplaying
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

fatalrendezvous
Experience Level:
I started as early as 1999, but I didn't know what I was doing then. The length of time I have been seriously RPing, it's probably been about 12 or 13 years.
Strong Points: I love creating in-depth characters, figuring out their backgrounds, personalities, abilities and quirks. I also enjoy creating vivid and clear description and imagery that helps give readers context and flavor to what they're reading. My strongest RP settings are action, romance, drama, relationships, and the naughty stuff. I'm also a grammar nazi (that's a good or a bad thing).
Weak Points: I don't do yaoi, and generally don't prefer high school settings. While I try to be creative and innovative regarding plots, I have trouble figuring out plot progression for a story that I didn't create or at least collaborate on, so sometimes I'm not the best for that. I'm also a grammar nazi (that's a good or a bad thing).
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

Levusti
Experience Level:
Approximately 7 years
Strong Points: Setting, Character Development (both the creation and evolution of a character), Basic Text Roleplay, English Grammar
Weak Points: Dice/Generator/Randomized Roleplay,
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

LogicfromLogic
Experience Level:
I have been roleplaying since I was eight. Now I am not claiming to be an expert nor will I be really hurt if I am denied, just thought if I could help Iwaku, I should give it a go, you know? (ha, I rhymed.) Anyways, I've been a game master in two outside roleplays, and led many roleplays here. This is the only roleplay site that I've bothered frequenting long enough to meet good roleplayers because of issues I've had with smaller forums (waaaaay too much drama).
Strong Points: I'm pretty good with coming up with plots and plot caddies, and I have seen a few plots around here that I thought needed work (not to sound full of myself or anything), and I'm pretty good with coming up with a good character, and writing techniques. I can teach people how to brainstorm a good plot and what kind of characters would go well with those plots and their fellow roleplayer's character, while still remaining their own.
Weak Points: I have grammar issues. And I am not very good with teaching people how to correctly rephrase a paragraph
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice

Lovelessesbutterfly (Yume)
Experience Level:
almost 2 years now
Strong Points: Romance for sure! also, finding words where there are no words to be found XD
Weak Points: fighting, overly manly muscley people.
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

[LSTORM]Lstorm[/LSTORM]
Experience Level: Five to six years
Strong Points: Science fiction world building, character building, unique and strange characters, unconventional thought, analysis, plot, idea implementation and brainstorming.
Weak Points: Historical fiction, comedy, romance, unique writing patterns, realistic horror
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

[MALK]Malkuthe Highwind[/MALK]
Experience Level: Around 5 years
Strong Points: World-building, conceptualizing, plot and character development, descriptive writing, injecting emotion into a scene through narrative, anything fantasy, grammar and vocabulary.
Weak Points: Emotion through dialogue(a little), horror and macabre and Sci-fi.
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Apples:

[OZZIE]Ozzie Chanter[/OZZIE]
Experience Level: Over 12 years of online roleplay, and more experience with tabletop roleplaying games, LARPing, and writing in general.
Strong Points: Character creation and development, mechanics of grammar, setting moods and tones, plotting and crafting settings, pacing scenes. I'm good with most genres, but horror and suspense are one of my fortes.
Weak Points: Action-packed combat.
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples: Ѽ

Rosie
Experience Level:
I have been roleplaying for three years.
Strong Points: I am best with details and imagery, as well as a more introverted respect to the characters innermost thoughts and outlook. I also consider myself fairly good with grammar, spelling, and an expansive vocabulary. I also consider myself a driven and passionate teacher.
Weak Points: My weaknesses lie in the ability to formulate coherent ideas or plans of approval. My detachment is also a flaw that I am well aware of, and currently fixing.
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

Scarlette
Experience Level:
Seven years, on and off.
Strong Points: My expertise lies in being able to "show, not tell". I think it's important for writers to understand the difference, and be able to utilize words to draw their readers (and fellow writers) into their stories.
Weak Points: There are certain genres that I just don't like. I mostly do fantasy, and sci-fi (although my sci-fi works could use a little more fantasy to them, if you ask me. There's only so much science I know, and it's hard to write a convincing story when you're constantly having to think and re-think your plot around little things like how fast the ship is going, and whether or not your partner has tentacles, or human parts.)
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples:

[VAY]Vay[/VAY]
Experience Level: Just over 4 years now.
Strong Points: I believe my strongest point is character creation and related fields such as character development, writing in character, and describing things from in character perspectives.
Weak Points: Probably general descriptions... it's where I'm the least confident.
Character Advice
Creative Advice
Roleplay Advice
Writing Advice
Apples: Ѽ

Would you like to appear on this list? We are always looking for new Mentors! You are not required to be a longtime roleplayer or seasoned member of the site in order to apply. If you are interested, please read over our expectations and fill out the required application form.

Requirements for Mentors

1. Complete and submit the application form. Forms must be filled out in full and contain specific answers. If you do not know your strong points and weak points, do not submit the form.

2. Be an active member for at least two months. While Mentors of all levels of experience are welcome and we don't want to discourage new members from pitching in, we need to be sure that you're dedicated to sticking around! You may submit an application at any time, but only active accounts older than two months will be approved.

3. Be sure you have the time to be a Mentor. Don't take on more commitments than you can keep!

[DASH=white]
The Teacher's Desk: Give Your Mentor an Apple!

Do you feel like one of these Mentors deserves an apple? Post here and tell us why!

To Mentors: Feel free to give fellow Mentors an apple too, if you see them being particularly helpful!

[/DASH]

Last edited:
Reactions: DJae Writer Chick
Re: The Teacher's Desk: Give Your Mentor an Apple!

Apples to Celestialis, Cerulean, and Vay for being repeat Mentors!
An extra apple to
Celestialis for regularly directing newbies to the Academy and the Mentoring program!
And an apple to
Kitti for co-Mentoring with Revi!

I think Iliana definitely deserves an apple, she has helped me so much and id be completely lost without her. =)

Whooo! I gives Apples to Revi and Kitti!

I am from New York, and we are known for apples. Everyone gets an apple!

Ozzie gets an apple too.

Orion-kun is always asking after my roleplays and how everything is going! Aside from being good friends, he takes his mentoring role seriously even when I sometimes I forget about it! I know that I can count on him when I need help with my weaknesses.

Thank you mentoring program! I knew Starrykun was an amazing roleplayer, but I didn't realize I could learn from him, too! ^^

I believe that my mentor SpaciousSpace deserves an apple because, he helped me with my grammar mistakes, Helped me to understand what part of my posts could be improved. ( For example, not being repetitive ) and he pointed out a few mistakes that i made that could be changed. ( For example; Any number below 10 should be a word instead of a number )

This has really helped me also with confidence of posting and my other RP friends have already noticed the improvement.

I would love to give an apple to Iliana for helping me out greatly with lengthening my posts and clearing most of my writers block <3

I'd like to give an apple to Davion (Templarhunter). He has been extremely helpful.
He was friendly, patient, and made me feel comfortable the entire time (which was what I needed most).

He was very insightful and helped to point out some things I needed to work on.
I really have nothing but good things to say about his mentoring.
I'd also recommend him for any roleplaying beginners such as myself!

Cerulean needs apple!

For being a supportive and helpful Mentor, never letting me give up on something when i felt like it was crap.

I'd like to give Apples to Celestialis, Cerulean, Davion, Iliana, Layne, Pheonix, SpaciousSpace, and Tetsuri for being diligent about taking on new Mentees throughout their time as Mentors.

I received this PM giving an apple to [ESTHA]Esthalia[/ESTHA] today!

Lusterless Nova said:
Hi there.
Esthalia offered me her help and did a good job. I think i will do a bit better from now on.
I removed my post in the MRT and a didn't knew that there was some kind of count for those who help.

If it is not too much to ask, please give her a count from me.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Last edited:
Hello! So, I need a mentor, and I was wondering if I should message them, or anything else.

Thanks you in advance ^^