Mentor Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mentor Listing, Information, and Sign-Ups

Volunteering For: Either Intensive or Advising
Experience Level: 3 years
Strong Point: Plot and character development, especially for beginners. Great for running ideas by to build off of with someone.
Weak Point: Extensive grammar checking is not a highlight of mine. I also cannot help with world building beyond simple things.
Availability: No more than 3, please.
Optional: Anything green.

Volunteering For:
Both.
Experience Level:
About 7 years.
Strong Point:
Romance. Female drama. Guyxgirl. Female characters. I usually have my characters a bad life before hand to give them a good one afterhand.

Weak Point:
Fights. Gay/Lesbian.

Availability:
I could on about... 4 :)

Optional:
PINK!

Volunteering For: Intensive and Advising.
Experience Level:
Many many seasons of the moon. (12 years total)
Strong Point:
Roleplays with twists, well intended extremest, causing emotion, sticking to a plot structure. Creating stable character relationships.
Weak Point:
Can be very straight to the point with posts instead of using pretty metaphors.
Availability: [ ] [ ]
Optional:
Plum

Volunteering For: Either one necessary
Experience Level: I r mod creature. I mean, uh, seven years? Something like that.
Strong Point: Character development, interaction, and imagery description.
Weak Point: I'd prefer to not assist with people in need of post length or plot work.
Availability: Two or so seems good.
Optional: KITTI GREEN.

Volunteering For: Intensive or Advising Mentor
Experience Level:
I've been RPing for about 3-5 years, give or take. First by private IM with a partner for two years, then a year and a half or so on Iwaku, and then 2 years on a World of Warcraft RPing forum. And now, back to Iwaku!
Strong Point:
Character development. I really love making interesting characters with (very) long backstories. I work really hard to make my characters make sense given the setting, and the traits that they should have to keep them balanced and engaging for the reader. Helping other people with their characters, and writing to convey the established identity of the character!
Weak Point:
Plot is so hard. I can establish settings, characters, and histories; but the current plot and story at hand is very hard for me to coherently map out.
Availability:
Anywhere between 1 and 3. :)
Optional:
This agonizing orange, and Book Antiqua.

Volunteering For: Both
Experience Level: A little less than eight years
Strong Point: Plot twists, dialogue and character development. Genre-wise would be Yaoi, adventure and modern realistic.
Weak Point: Sci-fic
Availability: Four
Optional: #ff0033

Experience Level:
Twelve years. I'd consider myself a way above average role-player. Although I do make mistakes now and again, but I often check over to make sure they're corrected.
Strong Points:
I'm capable in making settings that are easy to interpret, characters that are easy to identify, not only that, but I'm capable of playing more characters at a time than just one.

I have an astonishing ability to both read and write. My strong points are in the understanding of words and entries, being able to dissect a subject and explicitly describe every miniscule detail one wouldn't even think to ask.
Weak points:
Well, to admit, I'm not always the most pleasant instructor, however; my contrivance to teaching is firm, and very resourceful.
I am able to help with the following:
Character Advice, Creative Advice, Roleplay Advice, Writing Advice
I am:
Willing to RP with my Mentees.
Availability:
As many as may need an instructor.
Optional:

Experience Level:
I have been roleplaying for, I believe, about a year and 2 months now.
Strong Points:
I am very well versed in writing realistic and fantasy roleplays, and I do fairly well in a general basic character making.
Weak Points:
I do not do well with detailed character making and I am not too strong in the sci-fi or fan-based type roleplays.
Character Advice, Roleplay Advice
Optional:
Red

Experience Level:
I've been roleplaying on and off since I was around eleven (but damn did my early days suck) all the way until now, nineteen.
Strong Points:
My expertise is probably in character creation and the description of appearances, settings, clothing - anything like that really.
Weak Points:
I think I'm not as skilled in action sequences nor am I amazing at events.
Optional:
Hot pink I guess. :3

Experience Level:
I've been on Iwaku nine months, was on AFTA for a few months, and have been doing roleplay in one form or the other for about fifteen years. I am also currently both teaching and tutoring in literature and composition and have been doing so for the last three years.
Strong Points:
I do a lot of work with sentence-level grammar, mechanics, and syntax as well as entire-piece cohesiveness, depth of detail, and flow. I also have done a lot of work with ELS speakers and writers. Aside from grammar, I also love helping with character development, world and races development, plot outlining, research, and relationship development between characters. The genres I work best with are fantasy, slightly grittier/darker/realistic romance, horror, and some forms of scifi.
Weak Points:
I'm not particularly good with in-depth plot development, dialoguehelp, non-fantasy roleplays, fandom roleplays, space-y scifi roleplays, high fantasy, and anything like high school or slice-of-life. I'm a lot better with things in their beginning stages and things that involve psychological depth as opposed to far-along ideas or roleplays or things meant to humorous and light.
Optional:
Green

Status
Not open for further replies.