Mention Their Dreams

"Hey, I have no idea if you can hear me but we will do what we can to help you, ok? And when your energy is back please come back to us, ok?"
"Wakey wakey Sunshine, do not make me start singing…"
"Now don't go waisten my precious time, get your act together we could be just fine!"
Actual human voices tugged Alicia from her dream within a dream. Oblivion, the place she was dreaming about for how many years, started crumbling to pieces around her.

"Now don't go waisten my precious time, get your act together we could be just fine!"

She tried to follow the many voices that called her but it was the singing that was most distinct. I know that song, she thougt, then started running to the source. She nearly stumbled when she felt a sensation on her ankle. For the first time in a long time, she felt something physical.

"Will that really work?"

Yes, it did. Alicia's dream self was settling into her sleeping body. Her fingers twitched showed signs of life while she remembered how to breathe. Slowly, she fluttered her eyes open but jerked her head away from her blinding surroundings. She adjusted to the brightness very quickly, however, and looked at everyone crowding upon her. She sat up straight and winced at the muscle pain all over her body. "Aw, man!" Her voice was hoarse. "I really thought I was gonna rot in there. I'll kiss all of you if only my bones didn't hurt," she started rolling practically every joint in her body. "I owe you guys big time. So wassup?"

Allen was quite surprised when the girl suddenly seemed to come to life, sitting up almost immediately after the song ended. His eyebrows raised at her hoarse voice. "How long have you been like that?" He asked at seeing her wince with pain. Someone would have to be asleep for a very long time to feel pain like that after moving.

Emma's eyes widened, and then she smiled. "You woke up!" She said with delight. Then she picked up Kitty. "This is Kitty. Do you like cats?"

Shiro continued to march though the dark woods. Birds flew here and there singing their songs to one another. Shiro was amazed at the sights before him, it had been a long time since he had seen anything quite like this. After several hours of walking Shiro came upon a small clearing. This was the last dream he had before falling into the Void. The clearing wasn't large by any means, just large enough. Shiro walked to the edge of the small pond and peered down into the waters. The first few feet were a clear crystal blue but beyond that the waters turned black, the pond itself seemed to give a feeling that it was bottomless. In the middle of the pond was a large rock, the top of it flat. Turning around, Shiro saw what he knew would be there. At the edge of the pond was a weeping willow that had grown in a way that it made a seat, almost a throne, for someone to sit on. Shiro walked over to the old tree and sat down. "Welcome home," the woman's voice echoed in Shiro's head. He smiled and leaned back in his new seat, content to take a nap or maybe just day dream. Instead Shiro looked up though the break in the trees and stared at the castle in the sky, far far away. 'I wonder if I dreamed a hand came out of the sky and ripped that cloud out from under the castle if the whole thing would fall to the ground,' Shiro thought to himself as his eyes drooped closed.

"How long have you been like that?"

At first, Alicia was confused at what he meant. I just took a short nap, didn't I? Granted, it was wasn't able to wake up but still... Then, the images of her time in Oblivion, her attempts at waking herself up, and asking help from previous Dreamweavers who passed by, came flooding in. "Darn," her whisper barely audible. At the realization of the terror she just escaped, her eyes started to water but she pushed back her tears. Her father wouldn't have wanted her to cry. "I don't know really. I long time?" she guessed.

"You woke up! This is Kitty. Do you like cats?"

A girl cried out in glee, which cut through her sullen thoughts. "As a matter of fact, I do," motioning to rub the feline's neck. "Had a familiar like her once. A kitten." A lump suddenly formed in her throat. "But she's gone now. Hey," wanting to change the subject, "what are you guys doing here together like this? I haven't seen this many Dreamweavers in one dream before."

As soon as the body started twitching Lacey dropped the girl's ankle hoping not to get kicked and took a half step back, a proud smile plastered across her face. But the older girl was in a surprisingly good mood for having just woken up, morning person? or maybe not, but she was somehow managing to keep herself together. Lacey was not going to risk telling her how out of date the posters were and volunteered her newest hopes instead "They have been defending the castle from nightmares and darkness and finding you, don't you think they are a great band of heroes?" Glancing at the others, she noticed the newest guy with the wolf she had been short with earlier, and grimaced, "Sorry about earlier, glad you showed up. What was your name?"

Lyle looked at the girl, "What do you mean by Dreamweavers?" He looked at Jane and she, for the second time he'd known her, nodded. Lyle tilted his head, "I'm a Dreamweaver? But what does that mean? Something about dreams obviously but not weaving. Oh if only you talked or at least nodded more often."

Then the girl who had talked to him when he first arrived asked his name, "Oh I'm Lyle and this is Jane. Nice to meet you." He ended with a smile.