Mention Their Dreams

It seemed to Lacey that she was the only one surprised to see monsters emerging from the darkness. Emma was on the move. Lacey followed determined to help protect her. Knowing very little about Dreamweavers, and even less about the not-so-nice ones who corrupted dreams, the girl was immediately suspicions when a stranger and wolf entered the doorway. Changing directions she posted herself between them and Emma, who was already safely beneath Bridghid. "Sorry, not available. You seem to have come at a bad time." She said jerking her head in the direction of the nightmares' assault.

Jamie saw the wolf as it snarled at her oh please guardian you don't scare me she thought as she continued her way up the stairs. Watching as the wolf and its dream-weaver walked of into the castle she laughed as she could already feel someone was playing with them and turning their dreams to nightmares.
Once she was at the top she took a deep breath and smiled "Let the games begin" she thought as she lifted the hood of her black cape over her head and walked into the castle in the shadows so no one would see her until she was ready.

"I saw the darkness on the side of the castle, I'm coming in to help!" Lyle stepped into the castle and saw the monsters that had come from the darkness. He tried to pick which one to fight between the snake, man and skeleton dog. He saw arrows in the skeleton's eyes and on the snakes body. He decided he might as well take on the headless man. Jane meanwhile was looking around for the woman that should have been following them

Lyle ran forward and stood in front of the headless man, "Burn to ash!" He pointed the flame wand at it and flames shot out, engulfing the man's upper body. After a few seconds Lyle stopped and examined the man's body. He had some burns on his arms and chest but otherwise he was fine. "Well I guess you are tougher than you thought. Shall we try a combo to make these flames stronger?" A white glove appeared on his right hand that had a swirling symbol for wind. He pointed the wand with his left hand, "Burn to ash!" Lyle quickly then pointed his right hand, palm open, towards the man, "Blow away!!" It would have been hard to see but a gust of continuous wind blew out of the glove and when it hit the flames they increased twice in size. The whole man was engulfed and you could hear an audible thud as he was sent onto the ground. Lyle stopped his attacks and waited to see if the man was still able to to anything.

Emma turned fearfully. "I am. But I might not be, anymore. Help Bridghid!" Kitty yowled and ran to Emma, and she hugged the cat. The cat narrowed its eyes at the newcomer. Another Dreamweaver? Why were all of the Dreamweavers gathering here? Never in all of its lifetimes had the Guardian seen so many Dreamweavers in one place. What was it about this castle, this day, that made it different than any other of the thousands of years that the cat had seen?

Allen smiled grimly as he acknowledged the other man fighting beside him. He hoped that Lacey and Emma wouldn't get hurt. He slashed at the dog skeleton, and the sword passed though it, and with a shrill scream the nightmare dissipated in a cloud of black smoke.

Arron saw the new guy and smiled as he joined the fight his arrows having wedged in to many places Arron called forth his sword and with a smile he ran at the snake and in one swift move sliced it in two, watching as the nightmare vanished into nothing. Bridghid Breathed more blue flames at the wall and saw that the white was finally taking hold and winning.

~~~~~~~~

Jamie smirked as she watched the dream-weavers helping each other how very touching she thought sarcastically as she vanished in to the shadows to keep watch and wait for her fun to begin.

The wolf was still on the prowl and Lacey was sure they would both be happier if she was out of the way. Scurrying to join Emma, she crouched beside the girl and cat, "Good, you have Kitty." She tried to smile reassuringly "We are with you too." She gestured at the battle unfolding before them, light and dark, man against nightmare, amazed at the whole affair. She started thinking out loud "Emma, how are they doing that? It is like magic…" and then something clicked, magic made this entire scenario make so much more sense. "It is truly magic. Is that how they get the weapons to fight?" She asked seeing two of the men change their weapons during the battle.

Jane heard Emma say to help Bridghid and looked to the dragon spewing flames. She went over to the wall and started slashing at the darkness. More and more the darkness receded as the two guardians attacked it.

Lyle looked back at Emma, "Well we will try our hardest to help keep this castle away from darkness." He smiled as he finished and looked back at the monsters. The snake and skeleton dog were vanquished, disappearing into a cloud of black smoke. #Well I guess I should finish off my enemy as well.# The wand disappeared and a wind glove appeared on his left hand. He put his hands together and the gloves glowed white as he gathered energy. #Windstorm!!# He parted his hands and pointed them at the headless man. Multiple swirling balls of soft, white light shot out of the gloves and hit the headless man. It only took a few hits, because of the fire damage, before he disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

Lyle sat down and the gloves disappeared from his hands. He looked at the group and smiled, "I'm not sure if this is a dream or reality, but either way it is fun! I've fought creatures and darkness before in my dreams. Just in case you were wondering why I made my fight so flashy. But man doing that made me pretty tired, good thing darkness doesn't attack more than once in a dream!"

Emma looked over at the fighting men. "They are limited to weapons that they have dreamed of. Anything they dream of can become real, but also that's where nightmares come from." Emma knew this because she had a dream of Kitty speaking to her. He taught her all she needed to know about Dreamweavers and Nightmares. The cat meowed and stared at Lacey. It had never seen a creature like this. A dream of a deceased person, come to life? What was she to be called? Obviously if she was originally real, she wasn't exactly a dream, or perhaps she was a dream copy of her previous life....The cat narrowed its eyes, pondering.

Allen watched as the other men around him finished off the nightmares. Then he turned to the wall. There was only a small amount of darkness left, and Allen pointed the sword at the spot on the wall. The tip of the sword glowed white, and a beam of light shot from it and hit the last corrupted area. He smiled and sheathed the sword. "Flashy is fine."

Shiro stood above the world, above the clouds, looking down at it through glass. It was as if he was looking through a one way mirror. Behind him was a world of darkness, nothing good or bad, just the Void. 'I have done all I can, my dear Shiro. Now take what I have taught you and go to the world below,' the familiar woman's voice echoed though Shiro's mind. Her voice was like a soft and gentle whisper yet it sounded like a thousand voices screaming at the same time. Shiro continued to look below him at the world. He saw a town, a castle floating on a cloud, and a forest. The glass floor, or was it a ceiling and he was standing upside down?, began to crack. 'This is the only world I can give you to live in. Even its creation is a mystery. Below there is life. There is good and evil, kindness and hated, celebration and misery, all that makes humans what they are,' the woman's voice was growing louder and the air thick with magic and power. Now the cracking of the ceiling, or was it a floor?, began to pick up pace. 'Dream my dear Shiro. Dream and live for the first time ever. Leave the Void and never return here,' there was no mistaking the joy and sadness in the woman's voice. Shiro began to weep, tears slowly falling from his eyes and rolling down his face. "I won't ever forget you. Thank you." Shiro looked down at the world and closed his eyes. He imagined falling from the sky down to a forest that went on as far as the eye could see. An ancient forest full of giant trees and strange creatures. He would land at the edge of a giant lake with waters bluer than any sky could hope to be.

With a resounding crack the ceiling of the world cracked. Pieces of the sky began to slowly fall to the ground and amongst them a boy fell with his eyes closed. The world felt both his dreams and the hole in the casing of the Void and so responded as it should. The ground began to shimmer as giant tress and foiliage began to sprout from the ground. The earth gave way about fifty miles east of the town. As the earth began to vanish crystal blue waters began to take its place, creating a massive lake. From the lake, forest, and earth creatures both violent and docile began to crawl forth only to wander off or fly away. The giant pieces of sky stopped falling and began to float upwards to their rightful places, once again closing off the Void.

Shiro opened his eyes and rubbed them with his hands. A smile appeared on his face, this world was alive and he was alive within it. "I never thought I'd awaken again," he muttered to himself and brushed his long brown hair out of his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well I must say we all seem to make a good team" he said as he walked over to Brighid "You done well" Arron said as he run his fingers over her scales. "So then, what do we do now are we going to be come a evil fighting band of heroes?" he asked with a chuckle.

~~~~~~

Jamie watched as the dream-weavers in front of her finished off the nightmares well looks like we have a few rather good dream-weavers she thought, Jamie was not one for rushing in she liked to take her time and watch others as to get to know them better. She had in the past infiltrated dream-weavers camp by making them believe that she was one of them but this time she wasn't sure if the same trick would work not with so many who had already found their guardians, I think I will just wait.

As the darkness retreated into Oblivion, Alicia slowly gathered enough strength to appear before the Dreamweavers. She was a luminescent silhouette at first and was often disappearing in and out of Oblivion like a ghost that didn't belong in this world. Staying visible took most of her energy but she was determined to ask for help.

"So then, what do we do now? Are we going to become an evil fighting band of heroes?"

Just as Arron finished his question, Alicia was no longer a silhouette but a translucent image of her childhood self: an eleven-year-old with golden hair that reached down on her knees. She wore her favorite white Sunday dress and white knee-high socks under her school shoes. Hopefully, she looked trustworthy enough.

Alicia was troubled to find no words came out of her mouth. Something evil might be lurking nearby, she thought. I need to hurry. She waved her arms around as if her unstable image didn't catch the Dreamweavers' attentions. In silence, she pleaded at them to notice her and the door that waited for them at the farthest side of the room. She pointed at it and urged them to enter.

Rising to her feet Lacey approached the wall, stopping on what had been a battlefield moments before. Smoke dissipated and the light overlaying the wall held her attention. She wanted to touch it, but didn't know if she should. In the background Arron said something about an evil fighting band of heroes; she liked the sound of that. Turning to smile at the three fighters, hoping they would indeed join forces, she witnessed the specter materializing in their midst. "What is she?" Lacey asked curiously, but seeing the girl's urgency rushed Lacey into a flurry of questions to guardians and dreamweavers alike "Is she good? Brighid? Kitty what do you think? Where does that door go? It could not have been there before, was it? What are you going to do? Hurry! What are we going to do?" She fired off questions, circling around the girl impatiently.

Jane walked over, sat next to Lyle and kept a look out for the woman. Lyle pet Jane and laughed, "What would we possibly fight? These are just random occurrences as far as I know." When one of the girls noticed something and went over to it he saw the transparent girl. She was gesturing for them to go through a door. "What could be past the door? Jane here knows evil when she sees it, that girl couldn't be." He got up and went to the door and knocked on it. "I'm not sure if I should open this....."

"I'm not sure if I should open this..."

But the knock was enough for the door to creak open. Inside was a bedroom of a teenage girl. White plastered the walls and ceiling. Photographs littered on the floor while posters of Spice Girls and Bobbsey Twins decorated the room. In the middle was a pink canopy bed where a girl in red and grey uniform laid still like a corpse.

Alicia, the ghost, appeared sitting next to her eighteen-year-old self. She nearly wept at the sight of her limp self. With her remaining energy, she turned towards the Dreamweavers and sent them a telepathic message:

"A Dreamweaver....like you...
Stuck in Oblivion...a ghost...
I dreamt of dreaming....
Now I am asleep...
WAKE ME, PLEASE!"

With all her powers drained, spectral Alicia flashed back into Oblivion to recuperate, leaving her sleeping body at the hands of the Dreamweavers.

Emma had watched the ghostlike girl in silence, more shocked to see her than afraid. She watched as they opened the door, and she ran up to Lacey, hiding behind her. Emma's eyes widened at the sight of the girl crumpled on the floor. Kitty ran up to the sleeping girl immediately, nudging her limp hand and meowing. "How did this room get in the castle? I didn't....." Emma trailed off as she remembered the ghost girl's message. That poor girl was trapped!

Allen paled at the sight of the girl on the floor. At first he though she was dead, but then he realized that she seemed to be in a coma. "How do we wake her?" Allen had a million more questions than that, but he knew that there would be no answer for them. How did the girl fall into the coma? And why was she in the castle?

Arron was just about to answer but he turned and noticed the young girl he knew something wasn't quite right with her but rather then scare everyone he spoke to Brighid using telepathy hey girl what do you think I'm sure she isn't bad but she seams older then what she looks? yes Arron you would be right I'm not sure but she needs help and what did you just say about heroes? she asked and Arron could tell that she was laughing hey cut it out we could be. With that he walked up to the door just as everyone else was, upon looking inside he smiled internally I knew it it's her but she is older he thought to Brighid but she stayed quite making sure nothing crept up behind them.

Arron walked to the sleeping girl "Hey I have no idea if you can hear me but we will do what we can to help you ok and when your energy is back please come back to us ok" He spoke gently and caring as if he had known her for years but he didn't Arron was just that kind of a guy.

Shiro stood at the edge of the lake, the tide of the water occasionally covering his feet in water. "I suppose at some point I have to get to work," Shiro muttered to himself. He looked around, taking in his settings. The entire lake had a shore to it but not far past there the forest began. The sky was clear, aside from the floating castle and fat clouds that rolled past. The wind picked up for a second blowing Shiro's shoulder length hair out of his face. Shiro wrinkled his nose at the smell carried on the wind, the smell of something malevolent on the air. Shiro turned on his heel and began to walk towards to woods. The branches and tree tops moved in the wind but deep inside the forest it seemed like nothing was moving. Shiro walked into the forest, feeling a bit chilly from the shade of the trees. Branches and leaves crunched under his feet and little critters ran from him. "Time to find my tree, pond, and rock," Shiro smiled to himself. This began his first adventure in a very long time.

It started in a dark room. I was looking at a door with little fingers of light reaching out through the seams. I heard voices outside the door, distant whispers - I couldn't understand what they were saying - but I could tell it was more than just one voice. Something stirred inside and I began to remember. I was looking for something. Somewhere past the door, somewhere inside.

I couldn't see a handle. I felt the rough grain of wood under my fingertips. I tried to pry open the edges, to make it easier for the light to get through. The door was locked and wouldn't budge. I thought, briefly, about knocking and trying to get one of the voices to open it for me. But then I remembered I didn't need to. I took a deep breath, and concentrated on the door. Then jumped through it. There was a moment where it felt sticky, like it slowed me down, but then the world flashed and I was in a corridor. Cold stone kissed my naked feet. I looked left and right and saw long corridors without doors or windows. Strange little holes were worked into one side of the wall, about chest high, just behind me. Cold came through them.

I looked around. The voices were closer now, but I couldn't see them. Left or right? I waited for a moment, thinking, not moving. Then looked up. I jumped through the ceiling up to the next level, and popped out of a wooden floor. Another door was nearby. I heard the voices again, closer now, behind that door. I crept slowly towards the door, and leaned against it, litsening. I could almost make out the words.

Lacey looked at the group quite confused. The girl said to wake her up, why was everyone but kitty talking so quietly? I am going with the cat on this one, she thought. She flashed Emma a smile before pulling away, practically shouting "Hey! You're late, get up already!" Swinging the back of her hand to whack the girl's arm, she continued "Wakey wakey Sunshine, do not make me start singing…" She grabbed the closest ankle and began to shake it, not very gently, knowing how hard teenagers could be to wake up. Lacey started singing "Now don't go waisten my precious time, get your act together we could be just fine!" Really hoping the girl would wake up before she had to start into the chorus.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the door opened Lyle saw the sleeping girl and wondered why she looked familiar. When the little girl went and sat by her, he realized they are the same person. A voice entered his head and he heard her say she was asleep from dreaming of dreaming. She disappeared and the others came in for a closer look. One of them even started to try and wake the girl up.

Jane stood next to Lyle and they watched. He spoke to Jane not expecting an answer, "Will that really work?"