LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Annotation 2020-05-24 210538.png
Magic is near limitless, but can only be written by the hands of a Scribe. Each rune is laid precisely upon the page to converge cohesively into a singular spell, pulled from the page in a series of hand motions like a dance.

Long ago, magic had been formed into what is now known as Artifacts so that magic could be wielded by more than just a Scribe. These artifacts were crafted before a time history can recollect, and thus their origins, and their disappearances were lost to time.

For centuries, Scribes have been the only magic wielders, utilized and employed by both the Dominion and the Covenant throughout the years as confidants, soldiers, and investigators due to their near limitless abilities. While no Scribe has ever ruled the lands, they are still revered and seen as loyalists to whichever side they preside, swearing oaths to their kings.

The Dominion and the Covenant have always been in a fluctuation of war and peace. Often, Scribes are factionless until war grips the lands and forces them to choose a side.

In this time, the lands are at war once again. Your characters will be Scribes currently presiding in the Osceli College of Written Magic located in the heart of the Covenant. This is part of an episodic tale that will explore what will be the Great War. While things may seem far away from war at Osceli, they will find a greater threat at their doors.

There will be more details, given the interest, in the sign-up thread. Right now this is just an interest check to see who is interested.

Player expectations:
  • Rule abiding - Please refer to all iwaku rules
  • Detailed posts - multiple paragraph preferred
  • Real life comes first - please be kind to yourself
This is a roleplay where players will get to think about what magic their character may have instead of me as the GM determining what magic exists. There will be limitations and mechanics that will be detailed in the sign-ups.

I do intend for this roleplay to have 1+ posts per week. If you enjoy detailed, collaborative writing with your peers that explores character development in a fantasy setting, this may be your jam.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out here or via PM. At this time, I don't know if I'll make a discord server for this, but please feel free to share your thoughts if you feel it would be conducive.

Girrrl....:-D

Hey~hey!!

Ooooooooh..Interested! Wow Boo likey!

Discord not so much... :\

But will defo wait for OoC!!

Certainly interested in this - count me in!

That's a fun concept!

Curious! Sign me up.

I'm very interested in this idea!

I am interested in this. This sounds like it could be really intriguing, and I am a sucker for magic.

I have been working on some lore for this in the world building section. Just the important stuff so players aren't overwhelmed!

As my RL has shifted, I am currently placing this on temporary hold. I don't want to jump into this particular plot without having players prepared with the knowledge they need, and without knowing if I'll have the time to dedicate with the work load I have.

I do sincerely apologize for anyone who was anticipating this RP, but it will be beneficial in the long run. When I have properly assessed my work load and time and determined it suitable for me to take on another RP, I'll let you know!

• Thank You
Reactions: marcy