|memorium| A Little Lie Never Hurt Anyone, Right? |complacent|

"W-what?!" She stuttered, struggling to remain calm and collected as the other male talked, seeming to be coming close to finding out her little crush. She shook her head quickly, trying to get him away from that idea, "No, no. He just – uh, you know, looks my brother, is all. Yeah! He looks my brother so that's why I keep looking at him…" She stumbled over her words, trying to come up with a good enough excuse, mentally making a note to look at Brendon less. However, just seconds after thinking that, she found herself looking at the male once again before inhaling sharply and turning her head to look at PJ. "But, in answer to your question, no, I don't have a crush on him." She replied, although it came out sounding more like a question than a definitive statement.

Her attempt at diverting him from what he thought would have been good for a gullible person, but he wasn't nearly as convinced. "You're getting a bit flustered, Katy." He said, head tilting slightly, but he listened to her excuses and then the assurance that she was not crushing on him at all. He inhaled and made a face. "That's just too bad. I was going to offer to help you out in your struggle, because it doesn't seem like he'd be an easy catch." He told her with a slight shrug and called the bartender over, ordering a double of tequila, taking the shots with a wince. It was a little harder to swallow than the beer had been, which was what had been set before him following the glass being tossed into the bin with other dirty dishes. He waited to hear something from his companion, wondering if he'd found his in.

Hold on a second... had he just said what Katrin thought he said? The brunette stared at him for a few seconds, watching as he downed two shots, still trying to make sense of what he said. He couldn't be tellin the truth, he had to just be messing with her. But then, she couldn't help but feel that small, tiny inkling of hope that he was actually telling the truth and was actually willing to help her.

"Wait… are you serious about what you just said?" She asked, chewing on her bottom lip and trying not to sound too hopeful. If he was, indeed, willing to help, she couldn't help but wonder why. Why on earth would he be willing to help her..? Unless there was some catch?

He watched her, maintaining his mostly indifferent facade. She'd just told him she wasn't interested in Brendon, he was going to try his hardest to respect that. Unless, of course, she caught his hook. He couldn't guarantee that his friend would go after her, who really could? He was just her best bet, that was all.

He shrugged "Yes, I am. I'm not really sure why I would be kidding over that.." He drifted off, and then looked at her, "Are we reconsidering our reply? Because you don't have to do anything for my sake." He assured her with a slight smile, formulating an idea to go along with the empty promise he'd made.

Okay, okay, okay. Katrin perked up immediately upon hearing his answer and then bit her lip, briefly contemplating whether or not she should tell him. In all honesty, her chances to get Brendon without any secondary help was close to none and here, right in front of her, was his best friend, saying that he would help her. And so, after considering it for a few seconds, she decided to just do it, just tell him. "Okay, fine." She started, inhaling sharply as she felt another blush creeping up her neck, "I like him." This was said quietly, only loud enough for them to hear and even then, it could be barely heard over the blaring music. "What do you want in return?" She asked, assuming there was a catch. No one nowadays did anything out of the goodness of their hearts, after all. And she barely knew PJ, so she expected nothing less from him.

She had to consider it, and he let her take her time. He had all night, he wasn't nearly drunk enough that he could think of flirting with someone in the room that would want him over his friend, who would probably pass a sobriety test right now and could dance well enough. She was blushing and his eyes danced in amusement, seeing this as nothing more than business. "See, this is progress. Now you're admitting it." He looked at her when she asked him what he wanted in return. Yup, she had him down, or at least she could see through his antics. "I need a tutor something terrible." He told her with a light smile and then glanced toward Brendon, who was completely oblivious to the topic of their ever-so-interesting conversation. "Say you agree and we start now." He told her, extending a hand for her to shake.

A tutor? Katrin frowned, a tad unhappy with the arrangement. She'd already rejected him earlier and with good reason too and now he was asking her to take it back. She really didn't want to tutor him… but then again, she wanted Brendon more than she wanted to not tutor PJ so, with a shaky sigh, she took his extended hand and shook it slowly. "Okay, fine." Was her short answer before she quickly pulled her hand away, turning her head to look at her best friend dance sloppily with Brendon. She couldn't help but smile slightly, finding the whole thing kind of amusing to watch before she turned her attention back to PJ. "And how, exactly is this wrong arrangement going to work out?"

He knew this wasn't something that she would necessarily want to do, but really and truly, it could have been much worse. He could have told her to sleep with him, to do some other unfortunate thing, and she was just stuck with him a few days a week, telling him how to evaluate derivatives. A fair trade off indeed. He took a drink of his beer and studied her for a moment before she asked how their arrangement was going to work out. "Madam Negativity, from this moment on you're going to pretend to date me. Trust me, I'm not exactly happy about how this has to pan out either, but it will help. In exchange, two nights of your choosing a week, you help me with my math until I get a passing grade." PJ was a natural opportunist, but he wasn't going to take advantage of the fact she liked his friend enough to agree to make a deal with him of all people. It was kind of endearing.

"Oh, I think Mondays and Wednesdays would be best for me…" She said, nodding as she listened to him speak. That was reasonable enough, she would tutor him and then pretend to date him to get on Brendon's good side. Wait… What? Katrín coughed, choking on her drink as his words fully registered in her head. What? Pretend to date him? She looked at him incredulously, not at all hiding her extreme dislike to what he had just suggested. He couldn't possibly be serious."I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong… Did you just say that I'm going to pretend to date you?" She shook her head quickly, not agreeing to the idea at all. "No, no. I don't see how that's going to help at all, I refuse." Was her quick reply as she took another sip of her drink, starting the get more nervous the more she talked about it. She was right, this was all too good to be true.

She was taking the news better than he could have expected, and he made a mental note to circle back to that if need be. "Mondays and Wednesdays can be arranged." He said with an affirmative nod, and then she began to choke on her drink, which made his shoulders sag, a little disappointed at her reaction, even though he'd known it was coming. "Brendon wouldn't buy me being your friend for anything less than that, seeing as you turned me down earlier. If you want to be around my best friend, I really would expect you to be willing to put forth a bit of effort on your part." He told her and then shrugged. "I can find another tutor, but can you find another person to act as your wingman? I don't think Beau is really the best choice for the position." He shrugged and took a drink. This was all her call. If she couldn't handle it, he wasn't going to do anything about it.

Katrín sat there quietly, mulling over his words as she sipped on her Blue Lagoon, trying to figure out if she was willing to go that far to get Brendon. She couldn't help but chuckle slightly when PJ said that Beau wouldn't make a good wingman. Was it really that obvious? Beau was the worst wingman you could ever ask for and she found it kind of amusing that he could tell so easily. "Alright, fine, I'll be your pretend girlfriend." She finally said, the words sounding strange on her tongue as she said them. 'Pretend girlfriend'? It sounded so immature and like something someone in middle school would do. But whatever, this wasn't the time to think about that. "As long as I don't have to do anything strange…" She quickly added after a second. "Like kissing you." She shrugged, "I don't mean that in a bad way but you know...." She quickly said, not wanting to offend the guy.

Patience seemed to be key with her, as all of his assumptions were immediately disproved, a fact he wasn't exactly thrilled about. She was clearly not taking this too hard, as she was able to laugh about one of his many remarks. He rested his elbow on the bar and his head was put in his hand, watching her as she held an internal debate of sorts. "I knew you'd come around!" He said cheerfully, and then realized how odd this conversation had to be to their surrounding bar-goers and the bartender himself. He waited for her to elaborate on strange and looked at her skeptically when kissing was the first example. "Sure. No kissing. I'm surely going to gloat about it to friends in front of Brendon, but hey, let's just hope you measure up." He shrugged when she quickly corrected herself. "You're far too worried about offending people. Really, if a guy cant handle being told a girl doesn't want to kiss him, there's a problem."

[ooc: sorry about the slow reply, hehe :3 ]

"What do you mean, gloat?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in confusion and looking a bit like a lost puppy in the process. Katrin nodded slowly at what he said next, biting her lip, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." She said with a smile as she finished off her drink, placing the empty glass on the bar and shaking her head quickly when the bartender asked her if she wanted another one. She was a very sloppy drunk so she didn't really want anyone to see her like that. Especially not Brendon and judging by the way him and Beau were happily dancing with the random girls, he wasn't leaving any time soon. "So, boyfriend, see anyone you're interested in around here?" She asked with a suggestive wave of her eyebrows, used to play wing woman for her guy friends.

(Ah, it's fine. I've been filling out job applications -.-)

He looked at her, everything about him wondering if this was really the best bet. She was almost innocent, and it was certainly going to be a new experience for PJ. "It means that I'm going to tell him all sorts of things that I make up. Envy, y'know?" He said with a shrug. He'd have thought that it was obvious, but apparently that wasn't the case with this one. He smiled conscientiously back at her when she thanked him for the bit of advice he was unsurprised she hadn't come across. Growing up, most girls believed that what mattered was the opinions that surrounded her. In his case, he couldn't care less what he thought of himself if she was proud enough to hold her ground. He glanced at Beau and Brendon on the dance floor, dancing with everyone mad enough to get involved in their circle that was accumulating more and more dancers as time went on. So long as his friend didn't try to break dance again, he didn't have a problem. Dragging Brendon home with a nicely bruise face, completely drunk, was not the first thing that came to mind as fun. "Not really, nope. I prefer my girls to be at least a bit sober. Leave an impact on them. What about you? No quick fix that can resemble the dancing fool for a night?"

[ooc: ooh, that sucks D:. How's it going? ]

Katrín paused, arching a brow at his words, "Ah, okay. That's fine, I guess. Just don't turn me into some crazy dominatrix in the bedroom or something…" She murmured, briefly wondering if that was such a great idea. Imagine if he lied and turned her into this wild person and then she actually got a chance with Brendon (hypothetically, of course) and he ended up figuring it out? That thought was quickly dismissed, however, since she would just deal with that when the time came. She laughed at his question, shaking her head dismissively and crossing her legs protectively.

"No, no, I'm staying pure." She then gestured to the idiot she called her best friend who was stumbling around the dance floor with yet another bottle of beer he'd probably gotten from one of the girls. "'Sides, I need to make sure that drunken fool gets home safe." She said, her tone amused as she watched him. The guy got shitfaced every single time they went out and Katrín always ended up being the one to drag him back to his dorm room. Then she grinned teasingly at PJ, "Leave an impact on them huh? You not good enough in bed to make them remember you or something?" Her tone was lighthearted, showing that she was only teasing and didn't mean any harm by it.

(Well enough, I think. Pretty sure I have a job interview call coming soon. Woo, cheers to overconfidence)

His face fell as soon as she spoke. "Damn it, you just don't want me to have any fun at all, do you?" He grumbled and then looked at her pointedly. He figured that he wouldn't be overexaggerating, at least not in the immediate future, about her talents. She didn't necessarily have them, so why would he dig her a hole she couldn't climb out of? That was her job, not his. Her actions following his question made him laugh outright. "Because crossing your legs would stop them." He teased gently.

"Purity is vastly overrated." He assured her, and then glanced toward her friend. He was drunk, and it looked like Brendon had gotten into heavier drinks than just beer, which amused him because the thing in his hand was brightly colored. The guy didn't hold his alcohol well, so dragging him across campus was sure to be an adventure when the time came. He winced at her remark. "You give me far less credit than I deserve. There's a difference between impactual and incapable." PJ told her with a grin, looking back to her. If Beau was anything like his friend, both of them were going to be hurting in the morning, which they probably deserved. "But no, I'm plenty good in bed, but sloppy drunks are plentiful on a college campus."