3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
Hello hello Iwaku, this is Pav, bringing you a quick fast PSA on...

Member Events!

Iwaku is more than just a roleplay site, it's a community! We make friends here and hang out too, whether that be in our Discord server or in the General Chatting area. These spaces are a great way to keep Iwaku alive and bouncy... But did you know that events are another cool way to participate and meet some fun new people (and possibly new rp partners or friends? 👀) We have official events running monthly and we're always happy to see some new faces, whether that be in the Charps (Chat Roleplays) or our writing challenges!

You might also notice, if you take a peek at the Events area, that you can post a thread in there... So if you're not feeling up to any of the events that we currently have on, why not host one of your own? We'd love to see members branching out and showing us what events they want to see held on Iwaku :D

But wait... How do I host an event?

It's simple! Think of an event, slap together some information for it, post it in the Events section and profit. 😏

Just kidding, there's a little more to it than that, but I swear, it's nothing you need to study up on. Just follow some simply guidelines and you'll be ready to go!

1. You don't need permission to host an event. You don't even need to be a moderator to host an event. No worries about submitting any forms or anything, just make sure that the event follows Iwaku rules and any applicable real life rules!
  2. Flesh out your idea! As fun as your idea sounds to you, it might not be enticing to other people if you don't think about the logistics of it all. How do people participate? What kind of behaviour or content is allowed? What should people expect when participating? Are there prizes? Will it be held on the site in a thread? On the Discord server? In the site chatbox?
  3. Write up an info thread with all those sweet details! It doesn't have to be anything flashy, but make sure that it is easy to follow and organized! This will make it easier for people to understand what your event is all about.
  4. Post that baby in the Events section with the tag 'Member Event'! If you need any extra help, feel free to message a staff member. We're always happy to help support any member run events or help take a look at your work if you're wanting any feedback.
  5. (Optional, but very much recommended!) Advertise your cool event! You can do this by putting up banners with the ad manager, spreading it around via word of mouth (of keyboard, since I'm guessing you'll type to your Iwaku buddies?) or asking a staffie to get your event up in the Discord server announcements! We can also put your event up in the calendar section of the site.

But wait... I've got no ideas for events :(

No worries! It's hard to think these up sometimes. Here are some little suggestions you could think about or use for inspiration.
  • A Chat RP (aka a charp!): Make your own scenario to GM and watch people play with it in the chatbox!
  • A writing or art challenge: Pick prompts, pick words, pick restrictions (all sentences can only hold 10 syllables, all sentences must start with the same letter, must use a specific colour palette, etc). Have fun with it and see what people come up with!
  • Game nights! I hold game nights every two months and you can do it too, with a game of your choice!
  • A club of some sort to hang out on our Discord! Maybe language learning, listening to music together, sharing videos, reading books... The possibilities are endless!
  • A slam poetry night!
  • A learning session where you teach a skill that you know!
  • A Q/A about your profession or something you can share to help people write more accurately (aka. doctors, lawyers, or any other job or life experience that someone might write about or have questions about!)
But wait... I still need help!

Feel free to peruse these resources to help you out! You can also post here in this thread for any clarification on questions that are still bouncing around in your head, or you can message me or any other staff member.

Pav's Humble Banner Shop - Want a banner for your event but don't know how to make one? Here's a free graphics shop that can churn out some banners for you!

Ardent's BB Code Repair Shop - Can't figure out what's going on with the sweet code you've got going on for your info thread? Ardent has a free shop that can help troubleshoot what's going on so that we can all marvel at your pretty code.

Events Area - You can always peruse the events we have on now to see how we put our threads together or get some ideas for your own event!

Chat Roleplay Area - You can see how other chat rps are structured here, from their info threads to their logs from after the event is over!

Members making their own events? Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Jk. But yes, we love to see the community getting involved :D Don't hesitate to reach out to staff if you have an idea but feel like you need some help to get it going.

You guys have read my mind because I’ve definitely been curious about this.

Thanks for the announcement and letting us know! 😊

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
i still want to do that league of legends iwaku in-house game

Status
Not open for further replies.