Melee and Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle waged on in the air and on the ground. Everything so close quarters that you could not take two steps without stepping a claw or a foot. Aramar was so clumsy he tripped over a fallen demon and killed another with the weight of his hammer. Graccus was having a good old time using his brute stretgth to crush demons using a plethera of elbows, fists, kicks, and the occasional head-butt. Zaikay was busy trying to nurse a wound from a dagger to his shoulder. The lot of them dispatched many demons. Cerulean and the captain ended up staying close, after he was knocked from his horse. He watched as Nexus plummeted to the earth. He could also see that the infantry had not arrived yet.

"Where are they?!" He cried running over to his friend, trying to provide some cover.

When he hit the ground, the moonlight turned red and black. He rested there, unsure if he was alright or not, and heard the commotion around him as if it weren't really there. He sat up, hand on his head, and felt that his helmet had been dented. He grabbed the clasp that held it in place, and yanked off his chainmail jester hat. When he looked at it again, he cringed, and felt a few green tiny drops of blood run down his cheek. "Goody," he said, "just what I need."

The Red Death floated down casually above everyone else, since there was no fear of flying humans, and the demons were on his side. He sweetly smiled at him, and then noticed Cerulean heading his way. "Nuh uh uh," he said wagging a finger, and grabbed Nexus by his chest plate, dragging him into the air with him.

Still dazed, Nexus could barely understand what was happening. "What.... what are you doing?"

"I'm going to kill you, silly goose," he said in a high giddy voice. "What else would I do? Value you as family? You can't even stick up for your own kind. You're too busy trying to be human," he said smiling, with a touch of disdain. "Besides, it's not like we need you. Look around. Do you see the carnage? It's a much better view up here than it is down there, isn't it? Look. Your forces are dwindling. Did you think you were doing good?" He laughed loudly, still holding onto his limp brother by his chest plate. "Some gallant battle, no?"

Cerulean had no time to delve in the situation. He knew their numbers would cease if the reinforcements didn't start charging in the next few minutes. Impaling a demon with his sword, he lets go and grabs a random throwing spear.

"Graccus!" He howled as he chucked the spear at Splice. The throw only put a cut on Splice but hopefully it would have been enough to drop him. Graccus summons a bed for Nexus to drop on safely.

Zaikay was not so lucky as he began to start to bleed out. Aramar attempted to help with his now split open abdominal area. He began to weep. No horn to charge had come. Hope was fading.

When Splice howled out in pain, he lost his grip on the armor-clad fool in his hands. When he grasped at the incision, seeping purple onto the white part of his top, he glared down while Nexus fell and yelled, "Die, you coward!"

Still in a daze, he hit the bed below him with a soft thump, and rested there, unsure of everything. When he heard his friends yelling, and no extra backup had shown itself, he began to understand that Splice was right. The battle was being lost, as he lay there. The more and more he thought about it, the stronger he managed to become in his rage, and he sat up slowly. "Cerulean!!!"

Cerulean re-equipped his sword and made his way over to Nexus. Everything seem to slow as he stepped, over body, after limb, into blood. He took a quick look back over the empty hill.

"Why won't they come?" He being to tear up. Cerulean knew he was going to die. Most of his friends had fallen. Aramar was proped, into a leaned position, from two spears through his back. Zaikay had died in his arms even before that. The captain was disarmed and quickly being stabbed to death. Graccus was the only one still up, trying to keep the fight going. Cerulean fell to Nexus's side in sheer confusion and despair. He took off his helmet and looked deep into Nexus's eyes.

"Do you think they have Merlot in heaven?" He said tearfully.

Nexus groggily stared back. "Fuck the Merlot, I want Gin," he coughed, and tried to stand, and when he found himself, grabbed Cerulean and flung him over his shoulder, grunting with the effort. "You're heavy," he said bluntly, "my muscles aren't very strong. Hold on, and don't shift, of you're going to throw me off course." He jumped up into the air, and waveringly, flew across to a safer side of the meadow where the fighting wasn't going on, and set him down. "Stay here," he barked, and then flew himself back. "Graccus! Find the others who are alive, and drag them back. No more listening to the captains orders, or we'll die. Get them out!"

The carnage was everywhere. Splice hovered in the sky, and merely laughed at them all. He turned his look toward Nexus, and snarled. "Oh no you don't. Not yet, brother. We're not done." He gathered himself up, and then dived straight at him, this time with a sword. A strange mist came off of the handle where Splice was grasping it, and it took a moment for Nexus to realize that the blade was... holy. It was singing his brother's skin through his gloves and gauntlets, yet he held on. "I'm going to stab this straight through your middle, and watch you cook, like a Kabob!"

Cerulean couldn't help himself. He started doing fetal crying like a newborn baby. Looking at his bloody hands he screamed. Graccus barely hears Nexus but nods anyways.

"Boys, if you want a ride home, get out of this bloody hell of a field!"

After that Graccus tries his best to get everyone out.

The blade hit hard and fast, and straight into his belly. Splice flung him into the air, and used as much strength as he could to lift the blade straight in the air, and let him slide down to the hilt. When he cried out in pain, and the blood rushed down the blade, Splice tilted his head as close to his brother's as he could.

"No more of you now, hmm? What am I possibly going to do without you? No one here is worthy enough of my torture, especially your sniveling friend down there. What do you say I take you back to my castle, and I show you how a real demon runs a country," he laughed then. "Or, I could just let you die here. Considering that's singing your insides pretty badly."

As he spoke, the mist that was rising from Splice's hand was sizzling even moreso through his body. "How... how can you do that? Where did it come from?" He struggled in between gasps of pain for his question.

"What this? Twas in a church. I slaughtered the priest, and kept it for you. Isn't it lovely? I've got several rags wrapped around my hand along with my metal gauntlet. Although it hurts, I can live without a hand, and watching you die is far more enjoyable than just letting go," he said in his giddy tone.

Graccus was out sight with what men he could get out. The demons being to overtake the field and triumph. Cerulean slowly tries to get himself together. His visions blurs slightly from his tears. Hearing a scream, he turns his head to see the sight of his old friend on a stick. Cerulean shook his head and started to pray.

Nexus squirmed, and felt his after-life drain away. There would be no Hell now. No Heaven. No anything. A demon or angels 'death' after where they are now, is nowhere. He watched the black form around his vision, until he saw a black and white blur behind Splice's head, and heard the beating of wings. In a raging cry, he heard a voice that he recognized. "K... K.G.... H... hurry...."

Splice turned to the sound, only to find a black shadowy ball of energy headed straight for his face. When it hit him unexpectedly, he screamed once, lost consciousness, dropped the sword that held Nexus, and then plummeted down to earth, landing in a soft "thud."

While Nexus began his own descent, she dived, grabbed him, and then flew him to earth. "Relax, I got you," she said bitterly, her eyes a searing shade of red that almost matched those of Splice.

Cerulean hears the commotion and watches it unfold. He picks up his shield and his longsword and start getting closer to the two. He tries to sneak since the demons have not left the field. His breathing slows almost to a stop. The blood still drips down his suit onto the ground.

K.G. gawked at the on-coming human and regarded him. At a quick glance at his expression, the vacant depression and shock that his friend was alive, she acknowledged him as an ally. Nexus sat up, and looked around at the destruction. Almost the entire army was dead. In fact, they seemed to be the only ones alive on the battle ground. "Where is... Graccus? Did he... do what I told... him?" His words came out slowly and with ragged breaths.

His friend, the Shadow Shifter, reached down and placed a hand swathed in blackness, to his wounded stomach. "Shh. This will help heal you," she said. She looked to the human. "This only works with another of my kind. We need to find you a doctor," she said, almost emotionless. "You can't stay like that."

Cerulean waves off the stranger.

"No need. I am not physically injured. Nexus.....I sure do hope he did. I could not stand it if I lost either of you. Not today." He retorted barely looking alive in his eyes. Gulping heavily, his tracks start to move past them and towards the middle of the battle. Walking past the captain's mangled body he doesn't even acknowledge it. He stops in front of Zaikay's and Aramar's corpes. Staring Cerulean, falling to his knees, more prayers are administered. He whispers can barely be heard by the Nexus and his ally. Weeping is also heard between the softly spoken words.

Nexus stared at the wandering demons who now gathered their weapons and artillery. Their leader fell. He wondered if Splice was even dead. Likely injured, but surely not dead... K.G. read his thoughts. "They carried him off," she said. "I watched them a few moments ago grab him, and drag him to safety. They're going to allow him time to heal, and then they're going to come after us again."

He looked down at his wounds. "At least I'll be able... to heal in time for this too. These are... going to heal really slowly, because of that damn weapon," he grumbled. His words came easier now. "Let's go. I'd rather not stay here."

"Where to?"

"Anywhere. We'll head off into the wilderness to re-cooperate if we have to. Going back to where we were isn't a good idea. Not in the condition we're in."

Taking off his armor, Cerulean starts feeling a little better. He drops each piece of metal as if it was against his taste to wear it. Looking at his sun pendant, that his Grandfather gave him as a boy, he started having flashbacks of his childhood. Cerulean shakes his head and wanders back over to Nexus looking like a common peasant. He doesn't say a word and just looks at Nexus.

In response, Nexus took off his own. He wore his normal jester's suit under it, and was relieved to feel fresh air again. K.G. just stood, and surveyed the landscape. "That way. Let your friend take the survivors elsewhere. We can't follow them. For now, we need to think on our own, as a small group, and not be run by an army. People are sheep," she said disdainfully. "They are stupid when together. Alone, they are smart. Re-coop in the woods, and then we'll return to town with a plan. If," she said sullenly, "anyone will be willing to listen to you now."

He was lost in his own thoughts. Cerulean wondered why his plan went to hell. He wondered where Graccus was. He wondered why he even tried. The stranger may or may not have been talking to him but, he knew I didn't want anyone to listen to him. Cerulean Lightheart had lead his allies to their deaths. He knew this. Looking up, he finally spoke.

"So then we should get moving. Nexus needs to heal someplace safe. I am tired of being here, as I am sure Nexus feels this way as well."

"The smell is awful," he conceded with Cerulean. "I'd rather leave, but I'm nowhere... near walking potential." K.G. rolled her eyes and flung him over her shoulder.

"I'm obviously going to carry you, silly. Come on, we'll find a nice spot to make a fire, and then I'll trap some deer and we can make some food. Simple as that."

He followed them until they found a suitable spot to camp for the night. As soon as they stopped, he sat his sword and shield down. Cerulean layed there, silently, like a beached whale. He closed his eyes when the wind picked up. Upon feeling suddenly useless, rolling over was his response to the thought.

K.G. was pretty neutral to all that happened, save her concern for her friend. "You realize that you almost died, right? What the hell convinced you that you could kill your brother? Splice has been an annoyance for centuries. This one time, during a war when he has numerous friends, you think it's the best time?"

Nexus looked away, and stared at the ground. "Look, I thought I could do it, alright? I did. Drop it."

Status
Not open for further replies.