FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
So I'm usually online in some form usually working on things or chatting with a buddy. I tend to respond as soon as I can if I'm not busy helping the family out, so just drop a line if you wanna talk or discuss a plot.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Romance, romance, romance! Seriously, I always have romance involved. I also like fantasy, scifi, action, adventure, modern, magical, horror, and post apocalyptic. If you have a genre not listed here please mention it! Maybe we can work something out!
Okay, so long story short, I had a sort of argument with a good rp buddy of mine. It was through misunderstandings and lack of communication on both our parts (it's been resolved and everything is okay), but it was over our newest roleplay which we've set to the side for now. My problem is this: I currently fell back into my old ways.

Now, my old way was something that came up after I had a horrible partner who controlled everything and wouldn't let me give my input. My current partner did not do this. He and I work together rather well, and like I said majority of our problem was a lack of communication and planning for it. But now I find myself hesitating with giving ideas or suggesting things. I'm afraid of screwing up again, basically. So I want to know, do any of you have any advice for how to get out of this situation where I'm now a passive rp partner who simply lets my partners lead the rp? There's nothing wrong with that if it's your usual style, but I usually always have ideas that I mention and want to incorporate into my roleplays, but now every time it comes up I hesitate, put myself down over it, and just say never mind or not even mention it. So is there any advice on how to get my confidence back when it comes to introducing and discussing ideas with my partners?

I dunno honestly but I'd say that the best thing to do is to voice your opinions. As a person leaning toward the aggressive side of rping, I often take charge of things. With that being said, I don't like 'yes men' unless you're actually in agreement with everything I put forth. The reason why is because whatever ideas you chose to withhold from me(Or your current partner(s)) could've improved the overall flow of things. That's all I can really give you at the moment since I'm pretty tired but I should note one last thing before I go.

Don't allow your past incidents to dictate your current ones. Basically what I'm saying is that just because you had one bad experience doesn't mean you should expect the same for future ones as well. Treat every scenario differently, regardless of how similar they are to one another, otherwise you'll be at risk of screwing things up by making a false assessment. Makes sense? Yes? No? Well either way, I'm and until next time...see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.