Mega Man RP crossover plotting checker

R

Radiant Falcon

in a world covered by an endless sea, people have to live day to day by recovering artifacts known as quantum refractors. the job is dangerous, attempted only by those who call themselves Diggers. those who are well versed in the art of the Dig may have heard of those who wish to steal quantum refractors for their own use; Sky pirates. they may also have heard of a Motherlode that can change everything. so far, it has not been found.

However... there is not just this one timeline. in another time, the world may be threatened by the Game of Destiny; another times, suffering from energy crises; a vile computer virus with the ability and potential to wipe out all biological life, or they might just be under attack by a so-called mad scientist and his robot army.

even under these times, there have always been heroes to defend their particular worlds. While the names between them change, the title of Mega Man is one that hasn't. Despite this, these Mega Man iterations have never met. one Mega Man typically won't meet another, simply due to the time difference.

until now. timespace weakens with each day's passage. among other things, key players from different time periods have been shuffled around, and key events do not play out the same way as before. Simply put, Mega Man, nor any of his companions, friends, brothers and future brothers-in-arms, have any clue as to what tomorrow will bring.

...or if will even come at all...
-- Intermediate Difficulty RP "Mega Man Eternity Crisis" --

welcome to a Mega Man universe RP, so far the only one of its kind here on Iwaku. this Roleplay is for those who are fans of the series, though it is not exclusively for them. you'll see what i mean soon.

so if you want to join up, i have a few rules and character cards to pass around. please take the time to read them, for they will help you later.

1. respect your TOS, the staff, and all other things I'm obligated to say. they're there for a reason.
  2. If you're unsure of what plot features what character, as the foremost expert on Mega Man (as far as i know, anyway) ask me. or you know, look it up on wikia or something.
  3. canon characters and original characters are both accepted, though you'd have to use the same character card for both. original characters, however cannot have Drs. Light, Wily or Cossack as their creator or parents.
  4. you don't have to choose a character from the Mega Man franchise either. as long as the canon or original character you choose or make fits within the general theme of the timeline you choose to be a part of, it is not out of the question. if you want to play as, say, Strider Hiryu; you can do that as long as you mention that you're from 20XX. I'll let you know as to if your chosen canon/OC fits the mold.
  5. the best part? due to the amount of characters involved, you don't have to just play as one guy at a time. you can control as many characters as you feel able to handle. i only ask that you play at least one canon and one original character at a time.
now, for the character cards and what each one means, starting with original characters.

-OC card-
character name - this is your character's name.
character race - there are several races in the Mega Man lore, but they're split between human and non-human. humans are simply that. non-humans, however, are typically mechanical in nature, most based off of the reploid type. i'll explain more as the topic starts.
approximate age - this is how old your character is. since nonhumans typically do not age and are artificial, take this to mean your character's age in looks.
appearance - you can either draw a character or use a previously established character image from somewhere else, as long as it fits within the current time period. if you do use previously used images, please credit the artist in question (and definitely get permission. we don't want to be plagiarists, now do we?)
period of origin - the era of which your character is originally from. again, this will be explained more in the topic, however I will tell you that there are seven main timelines: the Wily Wars of AD 20XX, the Maverick Wars of 21XX; the Neo Arcadian Energy Crisis of 22XX, the Game of Destiny of 23XX, and the Motherlode Legend of 40XX; as well as the Network era of NT 20XX and EM-Wave era of NT 22XX, each one with its own unique settings and elements.
biography - what's your character's backstory and what makes them tick?

-canon card-
character -
this is your canon character's name
character race - most of the characters involved with Mega Man are not human. in fact, most are robots of some variety. for canon characters, you have to give me the exact nature of their race.
approximate age - this is how old you think the character may be. honestly, no Mega Man character was given an exact age in most series, so keep that in mind.
appearance - an actual character sprite is good, unofficial artwork (that you drew yourself) is better, official character artwork is best.
period of origin - if you're played the Mega Man games before, you should know which time period your character belongs to; but if not, or if you're playing someone outside of canon (like the previously mentioned Strider Hiryu), you might want to contact me or, if you're feeling confident, you can probably determine it on your own. do try to be reasonable though. a character like Hiryu works more in 20XX and 21XX than the later eras.
biography - as of 2017, no new original Mega Man game has been released since 2010, so i'm willing to give a little leeway with this. you can continue the adventures of a canon character in the biography, or you can refresh the character's entire biography from the start, or do a cliff notes version of the bio so far.

-battle-

SAW table

SAW
stands for Special Abilities and Weapons. each character can have three special abilities, one main weapon that they always carry (if they so choose) and up to three subweapons they can have on them at any time. Special Abilities are like skills that they can use, which are then checked with goal numbers to meet through dice. if a dice roll is more than or equal to the goal, the check is a success. if not, it depends on how close the roll was to the goal number as to what the action did.

whether a character is a human or nonhuman, due to the dangers of being a Mega Man character, they all carry some kind of weapon, be it an arm cannon or a beam saber. they may choose to have an elemental affinity, such as fire or water; or they may just choose their fists and feet. subweapons are considered separate from the main weapon, and as such you can use them at any time, as long as you have them in your inventory. if you need help with this, feel free to message me at any time

the SAW table itself acts as both an a character ability card and as a character inventory card, so feel free to add details and equipment at any time. again, PM me details and i'll do the rest.

so, if you're interested, I will meet you over on the main topic. I'll post a link to it, so that you can be aware.